What's new

Church Executive Structure

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Over at ESK, someone asked about exec structure - info needed by Anon.

I put together the following.

Note that HCO and Qual are considered to have higher importance and therefore higher authority than other divisions.

Actually .. the structure is the same regardless of the organization. So an organization in London will have the same layout as an organization in Zimbabwe.

Another thread in this forum explains departmental/division structure.

The executive in charge of an organization is the Executive Director.

The person in charge of Divisions 7,1 and 2 is the HES (HCO Executive Secretary). The person in charge of Divisions 3,4,5,6 is the Organization Executive Secretary.

Sometimes, 3,4,5 is the OES and the Division is is broken into three divisions rather than 3 departments. The Public Executive Secretary is the executive in charge in that case.

I have not been in for 10 years .. but when I was in, there were the three executive secretaries with 9 secretaries .. in charge of the divisions.

The important executives are the ED, HES, OES, PES, FR (Flag Rep), OSA Dir (Director of the Office of Special Affairs), LRH Comm (LRH Communicator) FBO (Flag Banking Officer).

(There is a basic structure of organizations where everything is broken up into threes.
3 portions in an organization.(7,1,2 - 3,4,5 - 6A,6B, 6C)
3 divisions to a portion.
3 departments to a division.
3 sections in a department.
3 parts of a section.
It doesn't EXACTLY follow this, but that is the basic idea.
The idea is to staff from the top down. Each person is responsible for three people below them doing each of their three functions. For example, Training Services handles 1) housing 2) materials for training 3) materials for processing. If there is only a department head, he handles all three "from above".

Executive structure is laid out here:

orgboard.jpg

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
BTW .. I need to check accuracy .. is there another division on the org board that is raised as well? Div 7 maybe ...?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
BTW .. I need to check accuracy .. is there another division on the org board that is raised as well? Div 7 maybe ...?

No, you got it right. If you want to be really picky, they are not raised to the same level, but I forget which is supposed to be the higher of the two--HCO?

Paul

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I thought it was HCO that was higher.

If the call goes out "HCO, bring order!", then even the lowest grade in HCO can tell the CO/ED what to do and where the F to do it. ALL HCO staff became Security/Policemen until the order was rescinded.

I've never read a policy regarding "Qual, bring order!"

I never noticed OSA weilding power within the orgs, but when it came to the PR front, OSA was always the 'frontman'.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Its not about authority so much as importance.

HCO is the polimeman, yes.

But Qual is supposed to be the keeper of the tech. If Qual says HCO is doing it wrong, HCO is doing it wrong.

The Senior C/S is in Qual, Cramming Officer, etc, etc.

All senior tech terminals are in Qual.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Its not about authority so much as importance.

HCO is the polimeman, yes.

But Qual is supposed to be the keeper of the tech. If Qual says HCO is doing it wrong, HCO is doing it wrong.

The Senior C/S is in Qual, Cramming Officer, etc, etc.

All senior tech terminals are in Qual.

Cramming is one of those things I never really "got". I read the policy about how everyone (except me) would hunker down the night before an exam and "cram" an entire semester into one night.

I NEVER crammed for school, and the concept was just completely unreal to me. My attitude to exams was, if I don't know it now a super-late night isn't going to help.

I remember getting crammed because I wasn't doing my allocated study. I promptly wrote up a cramming order on the poor person cramming me! That staff are entitled to so many hours' study a week does not make it "compulsory", particularly when you have to go to a real job to pay the bills.

Qual learned to hate me! "I'm not answering that. It's a glib question!"; Success Stories that were five pages long; willfully listening to off-source material (Blondie on my walkman) while studying . . . they could never get it through their heads that it was to block out other distractions--and these are the smartest people on the planet?

Terril park

Sponsor
Probably anon wants the Int structure. Which has been "squirrelled".
DM single hands everything and wears all the hats last I heard. Execs locked up in SP hall.

jvanbuskirk

I'm not a scientologist, but was told this would be a good place to start. My name is Josh VanBuskirk, and I'm an ex-mormon. I've seen incredible similarities in church business structure with that of scientology and am in the process of writing a paper detailing this. I'm looking for the OEC "scriptures," and was wondering if any ex-scientologists would be willing to sell/gift them.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to make a request like this on this site.

Religion can be used as a horrible tool to waste the valuable lives of many. It's pretty sad how far reaching this "religion" has been to you as well.

Hoping for the best,

Josh

Leland

Crusader
Many exes have researched and found that Hubbard had copied or taken from earlier material....in his technology.

I myself found a direct copy....on the SHSBC from an old Yoga book....but at this time couldn't tell you exactly what it was....but it was a word for word copy.

What I'd like to know or point out....

Has anyone researched old US Navy Regulations, Policies, Administrative rules and such....that must go back over 100 years of time......and checked to see if any of they writings were "borrowed" by Hubbard in his Green on White writings?

Might be a fruitful investigation.