What's new

David Miscavige's abuses and violence

Purple Rain

Crusader
Gib ~~ this is so profoundly true for me.
I have to find my own truth on my own journey and my own pathway.
I served 35 years in this so called "church".
I experienced the constant internal warfare, the endless internal purges, the culture of chaos.
I came to the conclusion that ~~
The goals of the "church" are POLITICAL, not spiritual.
it's leading concern is POWER and MONEY

NOT
Wisdom or Spiritual advancement.
But I have to find my own truths at my own pace.
(even though it might exasperate some on the boards....)
Cowboy ~~ thank you very much indeed for your private communication.
I have figured out who you are ~~ be careful ~~ you are giving away way too much of your time track and there were only that small amount of CMO messengers.
I know your privacy is important.
But I will say it is exhilerating to come out !​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GN2kpBoFs4

You are beautiful through and through, Karen.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I have to find my own truth on my own journey and my own pathway.
I served 35 years in this so called "church".
I experienced the constant internal warfare, the endless internal purges, the culture of chaos.
I came to the conclusion that ~~
The goals of the "church" are POLITICAL, not spiritual.
it's leading concern is POWER and MONEY
NOT Wisdom or Spiritual advancement.

But I have to find my own truths at my own pace.
(even though it might exasperate some on the boards....)

Having gone thru the Bridge, being a staff member, auditor, C/S and Sea Org member, I eventually worked my way back out thru the labyrinth on a path leading to daylight for me.

I know everyone has to find where there is light that they can see and follow their own way....

If I had to pick one single beacon that guided me out of Scientology, I don't think I could. Perhaps light comes from many sources, some unexpected.

But at the end of the journey, I could see the map perfectly well and, like a jigsaw puzzle completed--there was one message that came thru louder than the others....

A seed grows into what it is. Not something else.

If a lovely rose bush blossoms, then it was a rose seed.

Sn3b6aI1ZkU.jpg

However, if a lovely poisonous flower grows, then something else was planted.

autumn-crocus.jpg

Autumn crocus is the world's most poisonous flower. It
contains a deadly arsenic-like poison that has no antidote.

To me, Scientology is clearly a very toxic garden. There might be some safe flowers in there, but I just don't go near it any more because there are many other far more resplendent gardens.

So what truth are we talking about?

My faith in L.Ron Hubbard meant that L. Ron Hubbard scammed me.

When I call David Miscavige to account and do not mention anything
about L. Ron Hubbard, I mislead people.

HelluvaHoax!

So what truth are we talking about?

My faith in L.Ron Hubbard meant that L. Ron Hubbard scammed me.

When I call David Miscavige to account and do not mention anything
about L. Ron Hubbard, I mislead people.

ScreenShot2012-08-06at100816PM.png

"And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done?
And Eve said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat."
(Genesis 3:13)

QUESTION: Who postulated the tree?​

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
"CHURCH" OF SCIENTOLOGY
ABUSIVE TO THEIR MEMBERS.
SADISTICALLY ABUSIVE TO SEA ORG MEMBERS.
ABUSIVE of using Law Enforcement to ARREST members
who have spoken out.

AND ABUSIVE OF THE LEGAL ARENA.
Perhaps this is one of the reasons Rupert Murdoch denounced the "Church" as Creepy and Evil.

NUMEROUS OFFICERS OF THE COURT AND JUDGES have had a lot to say about the "Church" of Scientology ~~ here's a good one:

scientology-sb-kolts-decision.jpg

Last Friday was a dark day for the embattled Church of Scientology. A special judge in Los Angeles attacked the church in the most blistering terms possible, charging it with gross abuse of the judicial process in its unsuccessful lawsuit against the now-defunct Church of the New Civilization, the Scientology splinter group that operated 'The Advanced Abilities Center" in Montecito between 1983 and 1986.

U.S. Special Magistrate. James Kolts - the same retired Superior Court judge who conducted the recent investigation of the LA. Sheriffs Department--urged that the Church of Scientology be ordered to pay the defendants (the principals behind the Advanced Abilities Center) $2.9 mil-lion in attorney's fees. The Scientology lawsuit against the center had been thrown unceremoniously out of court last July, and only in exceptional cases are attorney's fees awarded to the prevailing party. But according to Kolts. this case has been nothing if not exceptional.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Sad Story of Marshall Goldblatt

I recall with affection an old and wonderful man called Marshall Goldblatt, often nicknamed "The Godfather" of the "Church," purely out of generosity.

Marshall gave and gave and gave millions upon millions to the Church. He almost could not say NO.

He purchased superfluous things such as LEATHER BOUND LIBRARIES for RUMANIA and RUSSIA and 3rd world countries in Africa who's names I never even heard of...
(who knows if "Bridge Publications" even delivered ?") Follow ups and proof of delivery is never done. No accounting.

Entire courseroom of books for the Flag Serivce Org multiple times for the students.

Translations for the books into languages, countless donations for Way to Happiness, CCHR, ABLE, NARCONON, SUPER Power auditing, SUPER Power Building, IAS, funding for countless "Ideal Orgs," you name it, Marshall coughed up the bucks, mega bucks, $$$$$$$$$$

The problem with Marshall was that he was an electric shock case. This is not private case data, Marshall discussed it openly and often ~~ he had a series of over 50 electric shock treatments and this made him an "ILLEGAL PC." The Church does not want public who have had psychiatric treatmen
t.​
AJnamingceremony.jpg

Marshall Goldblatt right side between Terri Gamboa and Janis Grady. Heber Jentzsch on left side.

Marshall was Mr Gotbucks, $$$ and most rules and regulations are bended when you give Mega bucks to the Church.

He first called me when I worked at OSA INT because he was not being accepted at Flag and called an "Illegal pc" due to the electric shock. He asked if I could "help. These were days in the early 1980s when I was not thinking straight.

My title was Presidential Aide, I was Heber's Assistant and I made a flurry of phone calls to the FSO.

"Did you know, " I said with an authoritative tone that Marshall was the Realtor that acquired the PAC Complex for the Church ? "Big Blue"

Did you know, that he acquired the entire BIG Blue for a mere $3 million in cash, now worth at least 10x that ?

Did you know that Marshall has donated millions, probably the highest roller of all time in terms of sheer generosity ?

Did you know that Marshall has never caused a single problem for any Church ...and has been on lines for several years at Celebrity Center Los Angeles ? "

There was silence the other end of the comm line while FSO personnel calculated the $$$$$$$$$ that could be forthcoming from Marshall. I could almost hear the cash registers clinking as calculations were made.

Marshall was accepted by Flag Service Org and spent the next 25 years on and off Flag went all the way through to OT 7.

Electric shock be dammed !

He was a generous donor.

Marshall never forgot me through the years, he kept in touch.

After the Lisa Mcpherson death, the lines on ILLEGAL Pcs, had pendulum swung to ridiculous criteria. Terrified of another death in Clearwater on one of the Church properties, parishioners are declared "illegal for service" although their monies on account are not refunded. I know that for a fact.

Marshall was older in 2009. (in his 70s) He had body problems, he was on some drugs and once more FSO refused to service him while taking his credit cards for huge sums for the Basics. The "Church" refused to give him support and comfort in his twilight years and when he was sick and needy and needed some kindness.
Just about every Org on the planet sucked money out of him for the Basics. Greg Wilhere and Sandy Wilhere (still Sea Org members) routinely called him to purchase every new set of CDs, books, Basics and for "Libraries in the US and around the world." He paid and paid. he could not say "NO."
Marshall developed some cancer, 3-4 years ago had it removed and in remission, but once FSO heard that, he was told he was no longer ELIGIBLE for Flag.
They did not want a risk of him dying in Clearwater ! Bad PR for the Church !
This is modern Taliban Scientology: "We will relentlessly suck out every last penny from you, but you are on your own to die, we just don't want the BAD PR of it at the Flag Land Base."

Marshall felt more and more rejected and dejected in 2009. 2010 and finally his death in 2011.
FSO had scooped in the millions and refused to let him return once again labelling him as an "Illegal pc."
Over the top of a HUGE ARC break with Flag and his friends dumping him with an "Illegal pc" label, he died in 2011 lonely and abandoned by the Church he had poured his life and finance into for 40 years. He was in close touch with me via Emails in his last 6 months of life. I did the best I could while letting him know in the final weeks that I was a Declared Suppressive Person.

Scientology Inc ~~It's all about the MONEY !
Will that Be Cash ? Visa ? Master Card ? American Express ?​

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I recall with affection an old and wonderful man called Marshall Goldblatt, often nicknamed "The Godfather" of the "Church," purely out of generosity.

Marshall gave and gave and gave millions upon millions to the Church. He almost could not say NO.

He purchased superfluous things such as LEATHER BOUND LIBRARIES for RUMANIA and RUSSIA and 3rd world countries in Africa who's names I never even heard of...
(who knows if "Bridge Publications" even delivered ?") Follow ups and proof of delivery is never done. No accounting.

Entire courseroom of books for the Flag Serivce Org multiple times for the students.

Translations for the books into languages, countless donations for Way to Happiness, CCHR, ABLE, NARCONON, SUPER Power auditing, SUPER Power Building, IAS, funding for countless "Ideal Orgs," you name it, Marshall coughed up the bucks, mega bucks, $$$$$$$$$$

The problem with Marshall was that he was an electric shock case. This is not private case data, Marshall discussed it openly and often ~~ he had a series of over 50 electric shock treatments and this made him an "ILLEGAL PC." The Church does not want public who have had psychiatric treatmen
t.​

AJnamingceremony.jpg

Marshall Goldblatt right side between Terri Gamboa and Janis Grady. Heber Jentzsch on left side.

Marshall was Mr Gotbucks, $$$ and most rules and regulations are bended when you give Mega bucks to the Church.

He first called me when I worked at OSA INT because he was not being accepted at Flag and called an "Illegal pc" due to the electric shock. He asked if I could "help. These were days in the early 1980s when I was not thinking straight.

My title was Presidential Aide, I was Heber's Assistant and I made a flurry of phone calls to the FSO.

"Did you know, " I said with an authoritative tone that Marshall was the Realtor that acquired the PAC Complex for the Church ? "Big Blue"

Did you know, that he acquired the entire BIG Blue for a mere $3 million in cash, now worth at least 10x that ?

Did you know that Marshall has donated millions, probably the highest roller of all time in terms of sheer generosity ?

Did you know that Marshall has never caused a single problem for any Church ...and has been on lines for several years at Celebrity Center Los Angeles ? "

There was silence the other end of the comm line while FSO personnel calculated the $$$$$$$$$ that could be forthcoming from Marshall. I could almost hear the cash registers clinking as calculations were made.

Marshall was accepted by Flag Service Org and spent the next 25 years on and off Flag went all the way through to OT 7.

He was a generous donor.

After the Lisa Mcpherson death, the lines on ILLEGAL Pcs, had pendulum swung to ridiculous criteria. Terrified of another death in Clearwater on one of the Church properties, parishioners are declared "illegal for service" although their monies on account are not refunded. I know that for a fact.

Marshall was older in 2009. (in his 70s) He had body problems, he was on some drugs and once more FSO refused to service him while taking his credit cards for huge sums for the Basics. The "Church" refused to give him support and comfort in his twilight years and when he was sick and needy and needed some kindness.
Just about every Org on the planet sucked money out of him for the Basics. Greg Wilhere and Sandy Wilhere (still Sea Org members) routinely called him to purchase every new set of CDs, books, Basics and for "Libraries in the US and around the world." He paid and paid. he could not say "NO."
Marshall developed some cancer, 3-4 years ago had it removed and in remission, but once FSO heard that, he was told he was no longer ELIGIBLE for Flag.
This is modern Taliban Scientology: "We will relentlessly suck out every last penny from you, but you are on your own to die, we just don't want the BAD PR of it at the Flag Land Base."

Marshall felt more and more rejected and dejected in 2009. 2010 and finally his death in 2011.
FSO had scooped in the millions and refused to let him return once again labelling him as an "Illegal pc."
Over the top of a HUGE ARC break with Flag and his friends dumping him with an "Illegal pc" label, he died in 2011 lonely and abandoned by the Church he had poured his life and finance into for 40 years. He was in close touch with me via Emails in his last 6 months of life. I did the best I could while letting him know in the final weeks that I was a Declared Suppressive Person.

Scientology has taken tons of money from ILLEGAL PC'S - Just look at your local Morgue - you will find that the many of the big time donor's are PSYCH cases and they are used only for their money. Money is the object of admiration - people are discard value only!~

Sindy

Crusader

t.​
AJnamingceremony.jpg

He was a generous donor.

No words. In tears. :angry:

Isn't there something about not abandoning a comrade in need? Values aren't worth the paper they are printed on to COS members, are they? :no:

Very sad story, and probably should be prosecuted in Los Angeles as elder financial abuse and fraud, especially since his so-called "church" refused to give him any services and basically abandoned him towards the end of his life, when he needed them most, while still taking his money.

Think of how much REAL GOOD in the world all that donated money could had done, if only it had gone to legitimate charitable works. What a waste of needed resources in our community!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Isn't there something about not abandoning a comrade in need? Values aren't worth the paper they are printed on to COS members, are they? :no:

Very sad story, and probably should be prosecuted in Los Angeles as elder financial abuse and fraud, especially since his so-called "church" refused to give him any services and basically abandoned him towards the end of his life, when he needed them most, while still taking his money.

Think of how much REAL GOOD in the world all that donated money could had done, if only it had gone to legitimate charitable works. What a waste of needed resources in our community!

Yep. Absolutely. There's that donated money and then there's the tax fraud against the public purse, which is further ripped off when Scientologists require health services and/or paliative care for their elderly. I also see the human loss to our community - all the good people who were, and still are, being sucked into Scientology. There's the elderly, those who after a lifetime of service arrive at the end of their usefulness for smashing L Ron Hubbard's name into history. They're just chucked out the door, basically. And there's the young, being fed into the machine at the other end. Scientology sometimes seems to me more of a factory than a philosophy.

Scientologists do have values and I do believe it is written in their Scripture not to abandon a comrade in need. Its also a matter of honour to them that they do not fear to hurt another in a just cause. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Janet Light was the President of IAS administrations gave years of support to Miscavige. She was his golden girl.
JanetLight6.jpg

The "International Association of Scientologists" is this renegade non-policy invention of Miscavige designed to rip off, gouge, vulture out $$$$ from hapless Scientologists. This entity has around with $1.5 billion dollars in liquid cash.

Imagine the interest rate on that even at 3%.

JanetLight3.jpg

Janet eventually started expressing disagreements with Miscavige’s increasing greed and criminality. This was late 2006. Then Janet voiced disagreements with David Miscavige's violence with staff. This can be a dangerous thing to do. She had been a favorite "pet" of Miscavige while huge sums of $$$ rolled in to Church coffers. Ridiculous claims were made of how dangerous the world had become and how if one did not give money now now now, the world would almost come to an end. The Kool Aid drinkers, the die hard Scientologists fell for it and gave blood money in the multi-millions.

JanetLight4.jpg

Janet Light and her husband Colm Mclaughlin were planning to leave the Sea org (Blow). They had had enough. Preparations were being made for flight.....

Miscavige found out about this and decided to teach her a lesson. The Lesson of the torture chamber called "SP Hole". He needed a gang of Sea Org members to carry this plan out. His technique is to use a gang to carry out dark deeds.

JanetLight1.jpg

He commenced auditions to find out what "trusted" Sea Org members he could find to pluck Janet Light out of Los Angeles and bring her to the "SP Hole". A large bunch was selected and they were all escorted to "Author Services" Building on Hollywood Boulevard where David Miscagive sat with his lawyer Monique Yingling is there. This Lawyer Monique Yingling is in on the briefing to kidnap Janet Light and hold her against will. 15 Sea Org members pounce on Janet and Colm.

Colm starts screaming "this is illegal, this kidnap ! " fighting it, whereupon he is dragged into a closet and Kurt Weiland, who weighs some 250 lbs sat on him for some hours. Colm is sent to Freewinds where he is imprisoned in a cabin for 18 months. . Colm is an unbreakable Irishman, he does not crush easily. But that is another story

Janet was separated from her husband Colm and sent to INT base to SP Hole. Janet kept saying "I'm done with this, I am not not going for this" essentially wanted to leave the Sea org but not being permitted to. It was a few hours before she agreed to go back to INT Base. Janet did not know she was going in SP Hole, Janet thought she was going up to INT Base to meet with Miscavige.

A Feeding frenzy occurred when she arrived. The pattern was to scream, hurl insults at a new arrival, ask repeatedly for Crimes, "Crimes against David Miscavige".
Janet Light was made to stand in trash can with a sign
"I am a criminal" with water being thrown over her a la Debbie Cook story.

JanetLight2.jpg

It was early 2007 Janet was imprisoned in SP Hole. It was there that she would live, in lock down, unable to escape for the next 4 years.​
~~to be continued

Karen de la Carriere
[email protected]

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader
Unbelievable. WTF?

This was right about the time that I got on post as the IAS Membership Officer. I remember getting one communication from her and then nothing and then there was a replacement.

C-R-A-Z-Y........................

I believe it would be an interesting and fulfilling exercise to really consider, fathom, and make educated guesses as to the true state of mind of Miscavige right now, in present time.

Clearly the man isn't sane. He is losing people left and right -- big names too -- uh, like, his dad for crying out loud.

He can't trust anyone. He must be seeing martians at this point. His paranoia has got to be getting the best of him. It's got to be living hell to be around this guy. It's like getting ensnared in a vicious, sticky web where the more one wriggles to escape, the more trapped one becomes.

I would be interested to see how an educated profile of this dude, right now, could be created. What does the guy do every day? What are his thoughts? The press keeps getting worse, and worse.

How does the guy think he's gonna get out of this mess?

TG1

Angelic Poster
Karen,

I sure hope the end of this story has Colm and Janet escaping from the cult.

TG1

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Unbelievable. WTF?

This was right about the time that I got on post as the IAS Membership Officer. I remember getting one communication from her and then nothing and then there was a replacement.

C-R-A-Z-Y........................

I believe it would be an interesting and fulfilling exercise to really consider, fathom, and make educated guesses as to the true state of mind of Miscavige right now, in present time.

Clearly the man isn't sane. He is losing people left and right -- big names too -- uh, like, his dad for crying out loud.

He can't trust anyone. He must be seeing martians at this point. His paranoia has got to be getting the best of him. It's got to be living hell to be around this guy. It's like getting ensnared in a vicious, sticky web where the more one wriggles to escape, the more trapped one becomes.

I would be interested to see how an educated profile of this dude, right now, could be created. What does the guy do every day? What are his thoughts? The press keeps getting worse, and worse.

How does the guy think he's gonna get out of this mess?

I think you know, Sindy ... there can only be one way out for DM ... exteriorization via solo audit on process R2-45. And yes, in case you were wondering, in case you hadn't yet stumbled across it, I did a parody on that one, too ... which, of course, I will repost for your enjoyment.

Pete

[FONT= "arial"]
Process R2-45
(parody of Love Potion Number 9)

I took advice from a red haired guru,
You know, the one who said "Attack and sue!"
He sold lots of books that are chock full of his jive,
And one made a reference to … process R2-45!

I said “I just can’t exteriorize,”
”I seek your council since you are so wise.”
He lit another Kool then he shook his head and sighed,
He said what you need is … process R2-45!

He bent down and turned around and gave me a gun,
He said “I think you know just what you gotta do son”
That piece of ugly steel sure felt ungodly big,
I clenched my butt, I closed my eyes, I pulled the trig’!

I heard a click and felt an awful fright,
I wondered why that it did not go right.
I can’t understand just why I am still alive,
Don’t recommend you audit, process R2-45!

(instrumental)

I clenched my butt, I closed my eyes, I pulled the trig’!

I heard a click and felt an awful fright,
I wondered why that it did not go right.
I can’t understand just why I am still alive,
Don’t recommend you audit, process R2-45!

Process R2-45 …
Process R2-45 …
Process R2-45 …
[/FONT]

And for those unfamiliar with the original tune or want to sing along:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rXhXLsNJL8

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Or in DM's case, even audited R2-45 ... .

Helena

Great idea, but an auditor is needed to step up and be willing to audit the process. Fortunatey, this sort of auditor training is relatively straight forward and doesn't require much in the way of listening to tapes or doing clay demo's.

Pete

HelluvaHoax!

I will simply say what I see. It may not be popular.

There are millennia of religious precedents for David Miscavich's and L. Ron Hubbard's deprivations, torture and flagellation of Scientologists.

There is also a quite-visible sado-masochistic relationship between cult member and their superiors/juniors. Scientologists are very often turned into closet masochists who not only ACCEPT the physical and psychological punishments dealt out to them, but instead, they eventually embrace it in the form of self-flagellation in many forms.

I am ignoring for this post the subject of "wins" because 62 years worth of Clear and OT Success Stories have not mattered a bit in the matter of cult leaders and their cowed, chain-lockered, imprisoned, gang-bang-sec-checked and terrorized flock. If the wins were real OT wins (i.e. real OTs were made) then there would be no David Miscavich because one OT would simply stop him. Think about it--could a real OT be defeated by a "low-toned, lying, dramatizing, degraded being" like COB? If a "no-case-gain" guy can control, boss around, and enslave OTs, how is OT "cause"?

How did Scientologists get into this mess anyways? They couldn't have all been out ethics or by-passed-cases that didn't make it. Not one of them had any OT abilities to deal with a vast multitude of incidents that a mere WOG would have simply dialed 911 for?

For myself, I see that it is not possible to have a sadist achieving such notoriety and success and support unless there is a balancing, compensating, complementary pool of masochists who feel they are gaining something by the infliction of pain, by another or self.

If you are brave, look up the Wiki entry for Mortification of the Flesh and you will be reminded that religious faithful have forever been accepting or self-inflicting deprivations and punishment as a road to salvation or heightened spiritual ascendency. Here's the first paragraph to give you the flavor...

"Mortification of the flesh (Transliteration: "Putting the flesh to death") is the institutional expiatory act of a person or group's penance for atonement of sins and path to sanctity. The term is primarily used in religious and spiritual contexts. The practice is often found in many cultures, most notably the Roman Catholic Church and their penitential saints. Common forms of mortification includes flagellation, in imitation of Jesus Christ's suffering and death by crucifixion. Other forms are fasting, carrying heavy loads and immersion in water which are found in some Asian cultures."

For example: Scientologists practicing in Hubbard's or Miscavich's church are subjected to typical mortifications of the flesh as "immersion in water" (standing in a garbage can and having water thrown at one (Debbie Cook, Janet Light, et al...), thrown overboard by the Commodore even if the accused is ill, unable to swim or old and infirm. These kinds of "baptismal cleanings" with water have been going on forever and of course this includes COB's ordering his elite executives to wade into toxic-infested ponds or sewerage ducts to expiate their transgressions.

An SP can't be an SP unless there are people who are willing to go PTS. Translation: A sadist needs a masochist or nothing bad happens. Sure, maybe for a few unsuspecting victims, but only until someone calls the police after being beaten or imprisoned. If Scientology's gurus were short of victims they produced victims by a series of psychologically breaking and debilitating indoctrination regimens. Let's look at a Google snippet on Flagellation...

flagellation, in religion, the disciplinary or devotional practice of beating with whips. Although it has been understood in many ways—as a driving out of evil spirits, as purification, as a form of sadism,​

You see, it even has the same concept (different technique) from Scientology's Advanced OT Levels with BTs being driven off.

Let's go back to Mortification of the Flesh for a moment. Religious cults have long-practiced the same kinds of sado-masochism as Scientology and the Sea Org. What else should we call no sex, no children, vows of poverty, eating bare rations, sleep deprivation, sleeping under a desk, not having a phone/computer/internet, no automobile or driver's license, no passport and having all incoming/outgoing mail censored? And we are not only talking about Sea Org Members who are in the S&M game within Scientology.......

Public Scientologists (Mission Holders, FCCIs, PCs et al) are routinely subject to spiritual cleansing by the sacrificial self-destruction called donations leading to poverty or bankruptcy and ruin. Another example of a deprivation is disconnection. There are countless others.

The point I am making is that it's not "PTS" phenomena that keeps Scientologists locked into their sadistic gurus--it is that they have become masochists in a perverse spiritual effort to "gain" eternity by "exchanging in abundance" to their Gods.

Is this all metaphorical and overblown? No. Take an honest look at anyone (including ourselves) who willingly went along with sadism and self-flagellation and ask yourself honestly if the stench of masochism doesn't permeate the air.

When cult members decide they are sick and tired of masochism, they leave.

It's not just the "SP's doing it. It's also being done by their S&M accomplices who embrace degradation and punishment as a way to punish themselves ("make up the damage by personal sacrifice far beyond the ordinary demands of a group member, despite personal danger") in order to rid their reactive demons and find the way to OT that the tech failed to deliver.

It's all a sideshow really to the simple fact that the tech did not deliver Clear and OT and people have to be heavily distracted and made into self-flaggelents in order to hide the fact that nobody is getting saved, salvaged or "totally freed" in the first place.

In particular, I think that masochism plays an essential core role in what has been happening since 1950 and until the reality of that is faced, the S&M games will continue.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

PS: Thanks Karen for posting all these true tales of terror and degradation. Your memorializing these events is powerful and important.

Marshall G. was a buddy, a most clever and witty chap and just a wonderful fellow--and the system of Scientology played his heart of gold until he was wrung out and hung up to dry like an old rag. David Miscavich was not alone is making that happen.

Cheers Uncle Marshall wherever you are, sir!

(Waiter, after I leave this post, please send a bottle of your finest champagne over to Mr. Goldblatt's table and some flowers to Karen's).

Sindy

Crusader
This is a brilliant post Hoaxie. I could not agree with you more. It's too late for me to comment on this tonight but I will surely pull it out tomorrow to add my two cents.

You are right. I think, as I now go to sleep and over the next week or maybe much more, that really full examining this in this light, is going to lift a huge burden from my shoulders.

This is one of those very truth exposing posts that cuts to the crux of the matter. I think I shall ponder how that aspect of myself needed to be fed and how that is unraveling.

Thank you :)