What's new

Ex-member of the CoS- Brian Cox

Veda,

Respectfully, and because of the role you play here at ESMB, I would like to know what your own Scientology auditing / training / staff has been -- inside the Cos and/or outside it.

I know you've been a critic for a long time, and I've read many hundreds (thousands?) of your posts here at ESMB. But other than your role here, I don't know your Scientology resume. Clearly, because of your knowledge, it's considerable.

I've seen you post bits about your Scio background here and there, but would you be willing to share that all in one place?

FYI, my own Scio resume includes Dianetics auditor, Class I-IV, PDC, OT4. I was in the church 1972 - 1988. Since then I've never done any Scio training or auditing outside the church, either with anyone else or on my own.

TG1
 
Role?

The role Veda has here on ESMB? Umm...he's a contributor same as anyone else here. That's it.

( /me shakes head sadly...ah punditry... )
 
Re: just a personal anecdote

=) Given my experience, that makes me very happy for him.

You'll both be surprised how different it is with no cult around. IMHO

There is a yahoo user group called FreeZoneOrg that has a really fun email list I'm on. A word of warning, don't expect a tightly controlled group. People run their groups how they want out here. =)

Yah. He has done some FZ stuff before, but it's been a while. I have, too, though it's no longer my thing.

A couple FZ auditors really helped me make it through when my folks died- both within 7 months of each other. This makes me sensitive to some of the things that get alleged by the FZ, of course.
 
Re: Role?

The role Veda has here on ESMB? Umm...he's a contributor same as anyone else here. That's it.

( /me shakes head sadly...ah punditry... )

One can have a role and be a contributor. If you don't like punditry, then stay away from pundits. Or at least quit fretting over it.
 
Re: Role?

One can have a role and be a contributor. If you don't like punditry, then stay away from pundits. Or at least quit fretting over it.

AFAIK, with a discussion group, there are just a coupla roles (other than cinnamon rolls...care to send me one?) . Moderator, Admin, Contributor.

As to the rest, I ain't frettin'. I'm posting commentary in response to other commentary that I read. That happens on fora like a lot an' stuff.
 
Re: Role?

AFAIK, with a discussion group, there are just a coupla roles (other than cinnamon rolls...care to send me one?) . Moderator, Admin, Contributor.

As to the rest, I ain't frettin'. I'm posting commentary in response to other commentary that I read. That happens on fora like a lot an' stuff.

Well, Veda's role is to expose the tech. Your role is to defend it. :coolwink:



:lol:
 
Re: Role?

Well, Veda's role is to expose the tech. Your role is to defend it. :coolwink:



:lol:

He may have opinions he posts, sure. We all do. And your last sentence is a complete falsehood and completely disregards a large percentage of my posts' contents and what I'm about.
 
Re: Role?

The role Veda has here on ESMB? Umm...he's a contributor same as anyone else here. That's it.

( /me shakes head sadly...ah punditry... )

Geez.

All cars are cars, just like any other car. But, then there are Kias and there are BMWs. They are not "all the same". Except to a mind that is incapable of differentiating.

Can anyone say "generality"? (/me shakes head sadly ... ah fill-in-the-blank...)

Contributors vary greatly in terms of what they do, how they do it, and HOW WELL they do it. :duh:

Some people recognize that . . . and some don't.

Veda is a contributor like any other contributor, in the most abstract and general sense, but also he is very unique in what he does and how he does it. I don't see that there is any other person here who does what he does, as well as he does it. His frequent "public service announcements" delineating the history and details of Hubbard's mind-fuck can be valuable to many lurkers and also to people who have been around for awhile. He fulfills a need that few others do.

Equality is a nice idea - but it doesn't exist in reality. To make things equal one must ignore all the many real differences and climb up the ladder of abstraction - to vague generalities.
 
Last edited:
Re: Role?

He may have opinions he posts, sure. We all do. And your last sentence is a complete falsehood and completely disregards a large percentage of my posts' contents and what I'm about.

I just thought it's been too long since you've been bullbaited. Of course you're not a defender of the tech. Well.....mostly not. :wink2:
 
Re: Role?

I just thought it's been too long since you've been bullbaited. Of course you're not a defender of the tech. Well.....mostly not. :wink2:

There's some stuff I stick up for but the same could be said of Panda and a number of people who seem to be interfaced with rather differently re that sort of thing. There's plenty of stuff I don't defend, not just abusive stuff, but belief type stuff. (I have absolutely no ability to be grammatically correct today, it seems. My apologies to anyone who finds my wording off kilter.) At any rate, there're many Scn concepts with which I disagree and which I've stated that I disagree.

How that figures in to your interest in TR0BB is something only you can assess.
 
Thanks. What did the doctor think of the vitamins, oil, niacin?

He told me..."interesting. That's a pretty high level... But shouldn't do anything harmful for a short period. Tell me how it goes. "

I was on it for about 3 weeks I think. As I've said... It went great.
 
Re: Role?

There's some stuff I stick up for but the same could be said of Panda and a number of people who seem to be interfaced with rather differently re that sort of thing. There's plenty of stuff I don't defend, not just abusive stuff, but belief type stuff. (I have absolutely no ability to be grammatically correct today, it seems. My apologies to anyone who finds my wording off kilter.) At any rate, there're many Scn concepts with which I disagree and which I've stated that I disagree.

How that figures in to your interest in TR0BB is something only you can assess.

Never mind. I won't try to joke around anymore. Obviously a fail on my part.
 
Re: Role?

Never mind. I won't try to joke around anymore. Obviously a fail on my part.

I'm glad you were only joking and I've got nothing against you whatsoever.

I do have a sensitivity due to some rather strange intervention style posts a couple months ago. But that wasn't you. It's fine.
 
Your signature line says you spent 34 years in Scientology, from 1975 - 2008. What year did you do OT 3?
Well, actually it doesn't say that at all, it says from 1974 - 2008.
Why would it matter what year I did OT3? Are you investigating me? :omg:
 
[QUOTE =DoneDeal;780505]My bold below, and this quote is about the purif.

lol. That's funny. But back in my day it was a relatively cheap scn service. (though the most expensive to deliver, couldn't get the power, water and vitamin companies to work for free ya know) It was sold to everyone.

I've a question. I've not given the FZ much thought. I'm curious. Can you name any policies they have chucked? Like is the FSM idea still alive and well?

What about KSW or Tech degrades? Do you guy's use the new re-written books? Or the old ones.

Do you guy's believe your helping save the planet one person at a time? Thus the saving of it being the underlying purpose.

And I mean it, not trying to be a smart ass.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Lotsa great questions. Let me try to answer a few.

First of all, and I understand why some may have a hard time believing this, but what's true to you is what's true. Especially so, because if you find anyone trying to run some kind of thing you don't agree with (eg. ethics, auditing, reg cycles) , you get up, walk away... And if you're still interested, go find someone else who agrees.

There's no FreeZone Int who will insist you hadn't donated enough to reach an EP! Lol

So my answers need to be understood as what I and those I'm working with practice.

Also, for reference there's a site: st83.org

It gives one reference that seems to be written to be safe for people in the Orgs still. But it's about just throwing away anything that came out after 83. The finance police take - over.

The Orgs run havingness for every session. My cs says that's not necessary. KSW has been removed from some checklists in FreeZone. It's an ARCx to tell me people that the future of every man woman and child depends on what we do here... Etc. I know auditors who don't personally agree with statement and I'm agnostic on it myself.

We do not use ANYTHING that has come out since DM took over. They've all been altered.

As far as FSMs, each auditor and group decides their own policies on things like that.

I don't even know how my group does things. But I'm willing to accept any money they want to give me if anyone here wants to mention me to them. (That was completely tongue in cheek.) :)
 
Fantastic! Another glowing testimonial for Hubbard's red & white tech!
If it's true for you that these practices, procedures and the science will help you on your spiritual path who am I to tell you it otherwise? Clearly this young lady is on her way to spiritual enlightenment thanks to man best friend and the profound thought leader of the 20th century, Mr. L. Ron Hubbard!

By all mean continue to spread the word that this tech is good and makes people healthy! After all, it is a red & white.
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2013/s3698162.htm
 
Re: Role?

I'm glad you were only joking and I've got nothing against you whatsoever.

I do have a sensitivity due to some rather strange intervention style posts a couple months ago. But that wasn't you. It's fine.

It's all good girlfriend! Just allow ol' Lone Star a little round of joking and degrading every now and then. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Role?

The role Veda has here on ESMB? Umm...he's a contributor same as anyone else here. That's it.

( /me shakes head sadly...ah punditry... )

Jeez, the excitement, the derailing, the drama!

ESMB roles aren't handed out and authorized by anyone. Veda has never claimed to have any official role, and I certainly didn't mean to imply that he or I or anybody else thinks he does.

All I meant by Veda's "role here at ESMB" is that he's a consistent poster here who has a consistent, recognizable point of view. For myself, I've interpreted Veda's "role here at ESMB" as that of offering lots of content and links about Hubbard and Scientology, especially to new posters. He also knows a lot - a whole lot - about the past Scientology and critic scene and their histories. He is extremely well respected by many here (one ESMBer, I forget now which one, has "Veda is God" in their signature block). And he invests a lot of time here, which I certainly respect.

That's all I meant.

I certainly did not mean for my post to irritate anyone. So if anyone was irritated, it's on them. Please don't be so touchy.

TG1
 
Re: Role?

Jeez, the excitement, the derailing, the drama!

This is what I love about ESMB. The wide variety of folks who occasionally clash. But all in all I think we deep down respect each other. I think. :biggrin:

I took the whole month of Jan. off and a part of Feb. But I had to come back. I think it's an addiction. I can go cold turkey for awhile, but eventually I fall off the wagon. :coolwink:
 
Wow. Lotsa great questions. Let me try to answer a few.

First of all, and I understand why some may have a hard time believing this, but what's true to you is what's true. Especially so, because if you find anyone trying to run some kind of thing you don't agree with (eg. ethics, auditing, reg cycles) , you get up, walk away... And if you're still interested, go find someone else who agrees.

There's no FreeZone Int who will insist you hadn't donated enough to reach an EP! Lol

So my answers need to be understood as what I and those I'm working with practice.

Also, for reference there's a site: st83.org

It gives one reference that seems to be written to be safe for people in the Orgs still. But it's about just throwing away anything that came out after 83. The finance police take - over.

The Orgs run havingness for every session. My cs says that's not necessary. KSW has been removed from some checklists in FreeZone. It's an ARCx to tell me people that the future of every man woman and child depends on what we do here... Etc. I know auditors who don't personally agree with statement and I'm agnostic on it myself.

We do not use ANYTHING that has come out since DM took over. They've all been altered.

As far as FSMs, each auditor and group decides their own policies on things like that.

I don't even know how my group does things. But I'm willing to accept any money they want to give me if anyone here wants to mention me to them. (That was completely tongue in cheek.) :)

Lol, Brian - you do realise the fact we might "have a hard time believing it" means you really don't think our "truths" are true at all! Because once your truth is true, ours can't also be, can it? But, no, you're right, I don't agree with that. The sky isn't red because I think it is. That's partly how you can tell when somebody goes insane - à la A Beautiful Mind.
 
Top