Love and the Tone Scale and other Scn "tech"
Everything you said is pretty much something I disagree with. You have no idea what I've experienced.
Here's your opinion back. Thanks though.
I disagree that Hubbard doesn't mention love or compassion. He does mention it in his writings, often very movingly.
That being said, though, he did not practice what he preached. And, IMO, any time there is a cultic structure, it doesn't matter how nice the written words (and drills, word clearing, auditing) are - because cults are usually (maybe always) very messed up places which prey on individual members and on other people.
I always thought that love was interwoven through the tone scale but that Hubbard did not perceive it as its own emotion that would have its own wavelength. I always felt that he thought it was expressed throughout and would be part of and pursuant to emotions which he did quantify. So I have never ever been down with the "there's no love in the tone scale" crowd. I think it's an incorrect view.
But I also believe that those who say that are looking at Hubbard's deeds and treatment of others in the past, the way the cult is now, and contradictory PLs about fair gaming critics, treatment of staff, ex Sea Org members being "DBs", R-45, and so on.
At best, Hubbard was contradictory and irresponsible. At worst, he was extremely cruel to those around him. Not only that, but he set up a structure that would ensure that this cruelty continued. No wonder people think there's no love or compassion in Scn. Because, the only love or compassion in Scn is that which comes from individuals who are being that way despite Hubbard's example.
I just don't think it's correct to say that he never mentioned compassion or anything like that. Yeah, he did, but does it matter? Where was his compassion? Sometimes, maybe, he had a good day and would write something high flown and lovely, but when push came to shove, he was a mean motherfucker.