What's new

Fallout Inside After "Going Clear" Documentary

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
True, however the dead agent materials, as far as I can tell, are these ridiculous, over-the-top FreedomMag videos and articles. They've spent so much time on those and I have seen Scientologists passing those around as dead agent materials.

All I have to say is that if people fall for those, with no question, they really should go down with the ship.

Culteat Emptor!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
From what I can tell it does not include public. There's been no effort to curtail news, TV, or radio in the Blanky household or in the couple other families I know who are in ...

Interesting.

I'm sure there's a lot more heat on the OT public, especially where the SO service orgs are. I think the OP of this thread mentioned that Flag is calling in public for ethics interviews.

I'm sure all the SO Orgs have ethics missions. Part of the mission would be getting in public for ethics interviews.

Leland

Crusader
These days.....a Smart Phone IS a Computer....and many have them in their pockets.

From my past experience as a poor public cult member.....I certainly did not have cable tv. I had dial up internet connection....

If some Class 5 Staff....can hardly afford rent or food.......a TV is a luxury and hi-speed internet....probably a luxury also.

I am surprised at all the "facebook" activity of the younger ORG workers...that gets posted here....

They send pics out...and group pics.....They seem pretty savvy with Social Media....

I don't see how the Cult or Class 5 orgs could tell anyone to cut off their Smart Phones.

But if the Class 5 Orgs went to the SO......then that is a different kettle of fish....and different rules. Those staff then could be cut off from communications via Smart Phones....

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
These days.....a Smart Phone IS a Computer....and many have them in their pockets.

From my past experience as a poor public cult member.....I certainly did not have cable tv. I had dial up internet connection....

If some Class 5 Staff....can hardly afford rent or food.......a TV is a luxury and hi-speed internet....probably a luxury also.

I am surprised at all the "facebook" activity of the younger ORG workers...that gets posted here....

They send pics out...and group pics.....They seem pretty savvy with Social Media....

I don't see how the Cult or Class 5 orgs could tell anyone to cut off their Smart Phones.

But if the Class 5 Orgs went to the SO......then that is a different kettle of fish....and different rules. Those staff then could be cut off from communications via Smart Phones....

All sea org members and many staff would qualify for the free Obama phones. I wonder if they all got one.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I can tell you there is a LOT of stress coming out of the org. Not. Pretty.

Can you tell us more about that?

I think I've mentioned Mr/s Blanky doesn't have a lot of financial resources and virtually no credit to speak of. The no credit is due primarily to cult over-credit-spending that s/he defaulted on several years ago and hasn't completely cleaned up. S/he's on course part time but hasn't had the resources to do the processing side of the bridge. S/he makes some small donations to the IAS each year and hands out TWTH in parades.

Because s/he's such a long time member s/he is ... tolerated is too harsh a word.... benevolently ignored might be close. There's been pretty much no regging in forever and no pressure to do much of anything. I think s/he's been a convenient steady weekly stat who doesn't cause any trouble. S/he's also pretty much overlooked - certainly not one of the rock stars - which she'd really like to be.

Lately s/he's come home gushing about being "bombed" by the SO staff. Hugged, welcomed, told how much they appreciate his/her presence and interaction. Along with that there's been an increase in sales/mail: video previews, 4 color catalogues, Flag flyers - things I haven't seen in years,or, at least not in this frequency. If I catch them they go in the shredder but I don't always manage to be the first at the mailbox. There's also significant pressure to get back onto the processing side of the bridge starting with re-doing the purif, to spend more time on course, and to be more active in the org (although I'm not sure doing what). S/he's been in meetings at the org a couple of time the last few weeks but I don't know who initiated those meetings.

Pretty much everyone who knows Mr/s Blanky knows s/he's laid back, very courteous, tactful, kind. We rarely argue and usually I'm the one sticking my foot in my mouth and then needing to apologize. Until the last couple of weeks. Holy over the top crabbiness - s/he's been biting my head off at every turn - and at stupid stuff. This weekend I finally asked wtf was going on and s/he said it's been very stressful at the org lately. I couldn't get much more than that and I didn't want to push too much - wanting to keep my head attached, you know.

2 days ago on my phone:

Someone: "Can I talk to [my real name]?"

Me: "Who is speaking, please."

Long pause... then hang up.

Typical telemarketer call:

Someone: "Can I talk to [my real name]?"

Me: "Who is speaking, please."

Someone: "I am calling on behalf of Solar Power. We are offering a special deal for home owners in your area..etc.

Yeah... get the difference?
(These 2 phone calls actually happened recently.)

Good Lord...if they are trying to recover you then they really ARE getting desperate! :thumbsup:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Lately s/he's come home gushing about being "bombed" by the SO staff. Hugged, welcomed, told how much they appreciate his/her presence and interaction.

Blanky,

Do you happen to know if the SO staff Mr/s Blanky is referring to are ones who are always there (Flag Rep, LRH Comm) or are there SO staff there on mission?

My guess is that missions have been fired out to all or most of the orgs. If there's a mission that might explain the briefings. And a lot of the stress.

Sindy

Crusader
True, however the dead agent materials, as far as I can tell, are these ridiculous, over-the-top FreedomMag videos and articles. They've spent so much time on those and I have seen Scientologists passing those around as dead agent materials.

All I have to say is that if people fall for those, with no question, they really should go down with the ship.

Let me expound on this in case anyone thinks I am being ruthless or uncharitable. I'm not.

What I mean by this is that if those horrible videos (think COB Freedom Mag during St. Pete Times Truth Rundown on steroids) do not get someone questioning, then that person is really going to have to hit rock bottom to wake up. They're all going down with the ship as we speak but some are aware of it and will make it to land when it finally sinks and some will be immersed, trying to get a breath, for quite awhile. It's not something I wish upon them. It just is. I don't know what else to say. That's what it is going to take for many.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Let me expound on this in case anyone thinks I am being ruthless or uncharitable. I'm not.

What I mean by this is that if those horrible videos (think COB Freedom Mag during St. Pete Times Truth Rundown on steroids) do not get someone questioning, then that person is really going to have to hit rock bottom to wake up. They're all going down with the ship as we speak but some are aware of it and will make it to land when it finally sinks and some will be immersed, trying to get a breath, for quite awhile. It's not something I wish upon them. It just is. I don't know what else to say. That's what it is going to take for many.

But isn't that the point?

Isn't the most "SUCCESSFUL ACTION" of getting people out of Scientology the exact moment that Hubbard's cruel hoax becomes focused on and applied to an individual Scientologist.

- They get Com Ev'd for reading the newspaper or reading an internet article on Scientology.
- They get a Non-Enturbulation Order for simply talking to the their spouse at night while the cult runs ruthless and exhausting Sea Org recruitment "Briefings" on them by day. Yeah, it is deemed "Counter Intention" and threat of Declare is cheerfully waived in front of their face if they dare discuss their husband's/wife's decision to join Ron's Salvation Navy.
- They get Declared for talking to their (mother, father, son, daughter, wife, grandmother...) because the barely literate zombies manning the Mimeo Machines in HCO ordered them to disconnect (on their own determinism) and they didn't.
- They get Fair Gamed and thrown into public humiliation, scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush, because the blind date (Tom Cruise) that the church set them up with decided he didn't want to date them any more. Because they were not a big being like him saving the planet by making action movies.​

Really, the most convincing and compelling way to get someone to leave Scientology is to use the tech AGAINST them. Scientologists have absolutely no idea whatsoever that the tech is dual purpose. They never even imagined that all the cruel justice attacks against SPs were waiting for them for stepping even slightly out of lock-step with the sector salvagers.

Scientologists: They want so very badly for beings to attain "total cause", not ever suspecting that those Scientologists pretending to be OT will practice by being total cause over them.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a few friends who are UTR (under the radar). They are not declared, but they don't go to any org or mission for anything. One of them is trying to find a good field auditor.

Friend #1 said she would not watch the HBO doc because it would be too upsetting. She doesn't want to get re-stim'd by OT3 and doesn't want to hear entheta about LRH. She thinks she has a special connection to him. Our connection is a bit tenuous at best because she lives in la-la land more and more.

Friend #2 watched the film and was shocked by a lot of it. I think it had an impact on her, but I dont know how much. When we talked I think she was disappointed that I said I believed the people interviewed and that everything was carefully researched and documented. She was definitely shocked by the LRH "early years" and was hoping it wasn't really true. I haven't heard from her since although I've reached out twice.

Friend #3 watched it and did not freak out. We stay in touch. She is the most logical and sane of the 3.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
But isn't that the point?

Isn't the most "SUCCESSFUL ACTION" of getting people out of Scientology the exact moment that Hubbard's cruel hoax becomes focused on and applied to an individual Scientologist.
- They get Com Ev'd for reading the newspaper or reading an internet article on Scientology.
- They get a Non-Enturbulation Order for simply talking to the their spouse at night while the cult runs ruthless and exhausting Sea Org recruitment "Briefings" on them by day. Yeah, it is deemed "Counter Intention" and threat of Declare is cheerfully waived in front of their face if they dare discuss their husband's/wife's decision to join Ron's Salvation Navy.
- They get Declared for talking to their (mother, father, son, daughter, wife, grandmother...) because the barely literate zombies manning the Mimeo Machines in HCO ordered them to disconnect (on their own determinism) and they didn't.
- They get Fair Gamed and thrown into public humiliation, scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush, because the blind date (Tom Cruise) that the church set them up with decided he didn't want to date them any more. Because they were not a big being like him saving the planet by making action movies.​

Really, the most convincing and compelling way to get someone to leave Scientology is to use the tech AGAINST them. Scientologists have absolutely no idea whatsoever that the tech is dual purpose. They never even imagined that all the cruel justice attacks against SPs were waiting for them to step even slightly out of lock-step with the sector salvagers.

Scientologists: They want so very badly for beings to attain "total cause", not ever suspecting that those Scientologists pretending to be OT will practice by being total cause over them.

Very true.

That's something I never could understand.

Someone in for 20 years has disconnected from 500 people who got declared.

They themselves get declared, and they're horrified to find still-ins disconnecting from them.

I mean ... what did they think was going to happen?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Friend #2 watched the film and was shocked by a lot of it. I think it had an impact on her, but I dont know how much. When we talked I think she was disappointed that I said I believed the people interviewed and that everything was carefully researched and documented. She was definitely shocked by the LRH "early years" and was hoping it wasn't really true. I haven't heard from her since although I've reached out twice.

I wonder if it occurs to any of these people that there's a reason the church isn't suing for libel and defamation.

I mean, if it was all lies, the church would slap HBO and Gibney with a lawsuit, correct?

Leland

Crusader
I wonder if it occurs to any of these people that there's a reason the church isn't suing for libel and defamation.

I mean, if it was all lies, the church would slap HBO and Gibney with a lawsuit, correct?

I guess that any questions asked around an Org...as to what the Cult is doing about this or that lawsuit....would certainly put that person on the "cult radar"

Cult of Hubbard members....can't ask questions...

Look what happened when Leah Remini ...a big Hollywood star...did so.

Of course...this could be used as an exit strategy from the Cult too....

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Very true.

They themselves get declared, and they're horrified to find still-ins disconnecting from them.

Very good question Lulu :thumbsup: not sure what the answer is but it's very similar
to rich people who have the idea they could never be poor or broke or
on the street like those people >>>>>>>>>>>>>>over there.

Perhaps an answer is :confused2:

It's a wakeup call for human beings in danger of losing their humanity, its common thread
that runs through most Exes stories, they left when that moment came where they were
personally on the receiving end.

So I take the often expoused 'these are good people" sort of comments about staff etc with grain of salt
what I do know is they are people same as others pulling on one pant leg at a time.

Altruism is a false and misleading idea based in ancient ideas of sacrifice to and for the tribe
which Hoobard played like a fiddle :violin: manipulating the kind of heart until their hearts were near black as his
but with some last sense of fairness refused to contribute another moment to the cruel hoax of Hoobard.

It's to those I tip my hat and say well done and welcome back :coolwink:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Didn't think you were uncharitable.
What you said is true - it's how life goes on , period :confused2:

We all pay for the stoopidityness collateral dammages - soon or later - that's what it is...

The amount of suffering we encounter in a situation is a life mechanism to alert one that something is going wrong here....and we need to do something.
When one never pay attention to the alarm, he then may find one day, the whole house burning :confused2:

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Very true.

They thought everyone would know that they were different. that they were good . that it was an obvious miscarriage of justice.

it's that moment when you finally start to realize that ALL scientologists, including yourself, are cowardly assholes.