What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to divert the thread, but I just learned that a Navy Corpsman (medic) from TN was killed in Afghanistan. He was part of 4LAR Bravo CO, same as my son. Also another LCpl, from NJ, was killed from 4LAR Bravo. LCpl John is safe.

I am so scared. I pray they protect each other. Please keep my son in your prayers.

Stay strong. Good vibes and prayers to your son.
 
Sorry to divert the thread, but I just learned that a Navy Corpsman (medic) from TN was killed in Afghanistan. He was part of 4LAR Bravo CO, same as my son. Also another LCpl, from NJ, was killed from 4LAR Bravo. LCpl John is safe.

I am so scared. I pray they protect each other. Please keep my son in your prayers.

:hug: He's in our prayers nightly. Glad to hear he's ok and sorry to hear of those that didn't make it.
 
I pray for John and your family every day, Winnie!

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down!"

I am sorry to hear of those lost...will pray for comfort for their families, too.
 
Thank you all

I am sorry to lay this on this fun place.

John called at 0130 and is okay. But the situation is much more grave than I first thought. His platoon was the first to respond and casualties were in 2nd and 3rd platoons. Two Marines and one Navy Corpsman were killed
and three Marines were injured, some gravely. Also 6 Afghans, one a little 6 year old girl. Evidently it was an Afghan suicide bomber orTaliban, they are not sure. It worries me so much that John was not emotional in talking about it, and he left out key stuff like being there first. He said they needed to be alert and go on. The gf of one of the guys in his vehicle was very torn up about it, and the only thing that cheered him up is when she mentioned she had been emailing us. "John? He's a great guy, my best friend." Evidently they both grew up swimming, so have much in common. It helps us to know stuff like this.

There is no time to regroup, they have to continue with the mission, so it must be so hard. John said they would be in the town where this happened a couple more days and then return to base camp for re-supply.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

D
 
Oh yeow! OK, pins and needles for a couple of days.

And it is VERY VERY OK for you to post this news in this thread. I look forward to it. Sometimes with trepidation, yes. Sometimes with relief.
 
Sorry to divert the thread, but I just learned that a Navy Corpsman (medic) from TN was killed in Afghanistan. He was part of 4LAR Bravo CO, same as my son. Also another LCpl, from NJ, was killed from 4LAR Bravo. LCpl John is safe.

I am so scared. I pray they protect each other. Please keep my son in your prayers.

Oh, bloody hell! Sad and worrying stuff.

Yeah matey, he's in our prayers....hang in there.
 
Ditto what Carmel said, Winston. Your son is in my thoughts and prayers, and I shall light a candle for him at the cathedral tomorrow.
 
I am so sad I do not know what to do

I just learned via email that a 4th Marine has died of injuries from the bomb on Saturday. He was flown to Germany with head injuries, where he died.
Sgt David Smith, 25
LCpl Jeremy Kane, 23
Xin Qi, 25, Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class, medic
a 4th unidentified, to me, but I am sure he was just a kid.
There are other injured also. All from the 3rd Platoon, 4th LAR Batattion, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Unit

3rd is the sister platoon to 1st Plt, where my son is driver of LAV #1, lead vehicle.

I am so empty inside. Please keep me and my family with you. I will only post here from now on, no more responses to stuff. It is all so trivial compared to war. I love each and every one of you.

:bigcry:
 
My condolences to the families and friends of all those who have given their lives in service to their country.

I will send out good thoughts on behalf of you and your family, Winston.
 
I just learned via email that a 4th Marine has died of injuries from the bomb on Saturday. He was flown to Germany with head injuries, where he died.
Sgt David Smith, 25
LCpl Jeremy Kane, 23
Xin Qi, 25, Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class, medic
a 4th unidentified, to me, but I am sure he was just a kid.
There are other injured also. All from the 3rd Platoon, 4th LAR Batattion, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Unit

3rd is the sister platoon to 1st Plt, where my son is driver of LAV #1, lead vehicle.

I am so empty inside. Please keep me and my family with you. I will only post here from now on, no more responses to stuff. It is all so trivial compared to war. I love each and every one of you.

:bigcry:


Winston, you and your family and your son at war are in my thoughts.
 
I just learned via email that a 4th Marine has died of injuries from the bomb on Saturday. He was flown to Germany with head injuries, where he died.
Sgt David Smith, 25
LCpl Jeremy Kane, 23
Xin Qi, 25, Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class, medic
a 4th unidentified, to me, but I am sure he was just a kid.
There are other injured also. All from the 3rd Platoon, 4th LAR Batattion, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Unit

3rd is the sister platoon to 1st Plt, where my son is driver of LAV #1, lead vehicle.

I am so empty inside. Please keep me and my family with you. I will only post here from now on, no more responses to stuff. It is all so trivial compared to war. I love each and every one of you.

:bigcry:

There certainly is a team of us here with you, Winnie. And I'm glad I'm one of them. You and your family are very loved.

Great Spirit, watch over this man's son.
 
There certainly is a team of us here with you, Winnie. And I'm glad I'm one of them. You and your family are very loved.

Great Spirit, watch over this man's son.

beautifully said Mystic.

Hang in there Winnie, my friend.

Family and friends are indeed ready should you need a shoulder.

My Very Best,
X

:rose:

"Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars." ~Violeta Parra
 
Sorting out feelings...

I just learned via email that a 4th Marine has died of injuries from the bomb on Saturday. He was flown to Germany with head injuries, where he died.
Sgt David Smith, 25
LCpl Jeremy Kane, 23
Xin Qi, 25, Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class, medic
a 4th unidentified, to me, but I am sure he was just a kid.
There are other injured also. All from the 3rd Platoon, 4th LAR Batattion, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Unit

3rd is the sister platoon to 1st Plt, where my son is driver of LAV #1, lead vehicle.

I am so empty inside. Please keep me and my family with you. I will only post here from now on, no more responses to stuff. It is all so trivial compared to war. I love each and every one of you.

:bigcry:

I love each and every one of you too.

And I feel quite helpless as an individual. The world continues to be as mad as it ever was and has been.

That said, as a member of this sort of "gestalt" that has formed here on and around the ESMB forum; I will say that I feel uplifted and supported by the connections and lines of force which exist.

I do not feel alone, Winston - and rest assured that neither are you alone.

Mike
 
I love each and every one of you too.

And I feel quite helpless as an individual. The world continues to be as mad as it ever was and has been.

That said, as a member of this sort of "gestalt" that has formed here on and around the ESMB forum; I will say that I feel uplifted and supported by the connections and lines of force which exist.

I do not feel alone, Winston - and rest assured that neither are you alone.

Mike

^^^ That

Winston, You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers more than I would have thought possible.

Peace

Jim
 
I love each and every one of you too.

And I feel quite helpless as an individual. The world continues to be as mad as it ever was and has been.

That said, as a member of this sort of "gestalt" that has formed here on and around the ESMB forum; I will say that I feel uplifted and supported by the connections and lines of force which exist.

I do not feel alone, Winston - and rest assured that neither are you alone.

Mike

Thanks all. I do not feel alone. This place is a good place. I did a futile search on this incident and found no mention anywhere, but all us of Bravo Company had it hit us in the face. It seems the media does not care anymore, but I never expected much from it anyhoo.

I am sure anyone who has seen combat knows better than I the true nature of war. Everyone used to say "I bet you are so proud of your son." We may be but that is hollow for us now. He has had to grow up fast, had to harden just to survive. I knew Marines who were so bitter at the loss of their closest friends that they became maniacs behind a machine gun. I cannot say that I blame them. Remember the series "Band of Brothers?" There is no closer bond than between those under fire, but each deals with it in their own private world.

I hope some day to return to the fun of ESMB. For now we are facing something far less glamorous than the public relations version. And again, everyone seems to say they are "heros." Our boys do not feel like heros. You will not find a single Marine claim to be a hero. They only want to protect their buddies.
 
Thanks all. I do not feel alone. This place is a good place. I did a futile search on this incident and found no mention anywhere, but all us of Bravo Company had it hit us in the face. It seems the media does not care anymore, but I never expected much from it anyhoo.

I am sure anyone who has seen combat knows better than I the true nature of war. Everyone used to say "I bet you are so proud of your son." We may be but that is hollow for us now. He has had to grow up fast, had to harden just to survive. I knew Marines who were so bitter at the loss of their closest friends that they became maniacs behind a machine gun. I cannot say that I blame them. Remember the series "Band of Brothers?" There is no closer bond than between those under fire, but each deals with it in their own private world.

I hope some day to return to the fun of ESMB. For now we are facing something far less glamorous than the public relations version. And again, everyone seems to say they are "heros." Our boys do not feel like heros. You will not find a single Marine claim to be a hero. They only want to protect their buddies.

Here a some references that I found yesterday. I didn't post them because I couldn't be sure what your reaction might be. They provide names, home towns and other data that may help if anyone wants to dig deeper to learn more about these young men and their sacrifice.

http://soldiersangelsgermany.blogspot.com/2010/01/fair-winds-and-following-seas.html

http://www.unknownsoldiersblog.com/

http://thesafetyplace.org/index.php...391:december-list-of-military-casualties-2009
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top