What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't miss Schwartz's. I liked the People Pickle. Great roast beef sandwiches.

After the first pay I ever got when I was on staff I followed Mystic and a few others to the cafateria place on Connecticut place. I think it was run by Marriott. I forget the name. It was good food relatively cheap.

I spent my whole week's pay on my first meal there.

Come to think of it, I spent a lot of my whole week's pay there for one meal.

I saved a little for the Coke machine in the hallway of 1810 and for a 25 cent of cheese crackers (6 to a pack) for the rest of the week.

The Anabaptist Jacques

What a mess we were!

Those weren't the days my friend thank gawhd they met their end....
 
I don't miss Schwartz's. I liked the People Pickle. Great roast beef sandwiches.

After the first pay I ever got when I was on staff I followed Mystic and a few others to the cafateria place on Connecticut place. I think it was run by Marriott. I forget the name. It was good food relatively cheap.

I spent my whole week's pay on my first meal there.

Come to think of it, I spent a lot of my whole week's pay there for one meal.

I saved a little for the Coke machine in the hallway of 1810 and for a 25 cent of cheese crackers (6 to a pack) for the rest of the week.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Yeah I liked the People Pickle too...even went there post-Scn. That took balls, but no one saw me. The cafeteria--I remember that too but can't remember the name either. Food is all we ever thought about. Well, scratch that. I thought of banging a few also. Uncle Sammie DID it though.
 
I like this thread because it's the sexiest one.

Here I don't expect any intelligence but feel good when I see. :p
 
Yeah I liked the People Pickle too...even went there post-Scn. That took balls, but no one saw me. The cafeteria--I remember that too but can't remember the name either. Food is all we ever thought about. Well, scratch that. I thought of banging a few also. Uncle Sammie DID it though.

Hot shops, I think.
 
The place I miss was a little shop right off Connecticut Ave frequented by Middle Easterners. A few of us called it the Egyptian Embassy, and somewhere in this thread TAJ supplied the correct name.

When they made a cheesesteak, they put the grilled onions under the cheese ... brilliant ... and a broke, starving staff member could run a tab. The proprietor was a veritable saint.
 
And when you were rich (had $20) you could go get a nice steak at The Flame (the place down on Conn Ave.)

And the "steaks" were great--I had to eat alone-as I was the only one who could afford it [reg commissions] also Hot Shoppes and the Greek place.
Plenty of good eating plus the hotties liked a well fed reg-they always wanted me to take them out to dinner but I preferred to eat in when I was with a hottie--the boudoir was closer ! Cheers mateys.
 
And the "steaks" were great--I had to eat alone-as I was the only one who could afford it [reg commissions] also Hot Shoppes and the Greek place.
Plenty of good eating plus the hotties liked a well fed reg-they always wanted me to take them out to dinner but I preferred to eat in when I was with a hottie--the boudoir was closer ! Cheers mateys.

Oh yes, the Greek restaurant. I don't remember the name of it either, but that's where I discovered The Greek Salad. I still do Greek salads to this day.

Oh baby, feta my cheese! ... with black olives!
 
I liked Food for Thought where all the waitresses had hairy arm pits and legs and you could find the occasional pubic hair in the alfalfa sprouts. :unsure:
 
under the yumyum tree

later on the cafeteria changed it's name to the Universal Cafeteria. Mystic ponied up one of his profound cosmic insights to me over roast beef and mashed potatoes one day and I've been pts to it ever since.
 
The place I miss was a little shop right off Connecticut Ave frequented by Middle Easterners. A few of us called it the Egyptian Embassy, and somewhere in this thread TAJ supplied the correct name.

When they made a cheesesteak, they put the grilled onions under the cheese ... brilliant ... and a broke, starving staff member could run a tab. The proprietor was a veritable saint.

I think that was the Empire Room.

That is where I first met Dave Richards. I didn't know who he was, but he was with Deitz and I stopped to talk to Deitz.

Dave just stood there laughing at what I was saying, even though I didn't think I was being funny.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
I think that was the Empire Room.

That is where I first met Dave Richards. I didn't know who he was, but he was with Deitz and I stopped to talk to Deitz.

Dave just stood there laughing at what I was saying, even though I didn't think I was being funny.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Maybe he was loaded.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top