Commander Birdsong
Crusader
Back in my jolly ol' weapon days I had a different discipline: All weapons shall be fully ready to go at all times.
as do many who well know the first lesson of firearm discipline
Back in my jolly ol' weapon days I had a different discipline: All weapons shall be fully ready to go at all times.
Is Cheryl DeSimone still in? She was a friend of mine back then. Ah the names, the names, a blast from the past. Gib & I were buds. Been an age since I've seen any of them. Is Greg Layton still in? He was the Assistant Guardian for a while. Oh and the cramming officer (and general all around Qual Sec held from below, well maybe was the Qual Sec eventually...) what was his name - really nice guy. So much for the memory of a clearLOL
Mustn't forget Stan Dubin, Steve Lower (he's still a course super or maybe now the DofT I think), Dave Tidman, Tim Mantis, and Brook Campbell - 3 fine auditors
Thank goodness someone else remembers. I need to cry about this sometime, but no one not there could begin to understand. Your right about it marking this being like then end of joy and the beginning of a fear (or something-perhaps your term serious is more apt) that was unsharable with outsiders.
as those good americans who form the absolute and immovable core support and defense of The Second Amendment wish for you to know:
mr. gilbertson was not practicing correct firearm discipline
the first lesson of firearm discipline is:
All firearms are treated as loaded firearms at all times
as do many who well know the first lesson of firearm discipline
His name wouldn't happen to be Alan Gilbertson, would it?
In the execs office Gilbertson once pointed a gun at my face and squeezed the trigger.
It just clicked and then he said to me "Good TRs."
He was a Sea Org guy.
The Anabaptist Jacques
I remember Alan Blake, although I didn't know him well. One legend has it that he went to someone's house to give them an assist when they were recovering from a heart attack. Alan went to the wrong house. But he came in and gave the person an assist. He didn't know he had the wrong house (He was wearing his minister garb.) When he returned to the org the Dof P asked where he was. That's when he realized he went to the wrong house. The pc's wife gave him cookies and tea after he had given the assist. Neither he nor they knew there was a mistake.
So the legend goes.
I don't remember Richard Alexander's frined. But I bet it was a site to see. At the old org Jeff Kronin usually got stuck having to reg him.
The Anabaptist Jacques
as those good americans who form the absolute and immovable core support and defense of The Second Amendment wish for you to know:
mr. gilbertson was not practicing correct firearm discipline
the first lesson of firearm discipline is:
All firearms are treated as loaded firearms at all times
Spot on. Even if you know said firearm is not loaded. Good reason for that rule. If you treat a firearm cavalierly you could make the mistake of your life and end someone else's. And its corollary is never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.
Alan Gilbertson. He was a Flag missionaire. In 1972 he came to FCDC to set us up to deliver the ExDn course. Part of his mission was also to audit Irene Breeden. It had apparently been adjudicated that she was unflat on her Drug RD. (Some thought she had a drinking problem.)
The reason the mission came was to "handle the Tech division." Irene had reported that Tech was reporting false stats. So Alan put in the ExDn course and audited Irene. She attested, and he went back to Flag.
As soon as he was gone, Irene comm ev'd me off the post of Tech Sec, and I spent some weeks in the Expeditor Pool, until Andy Bagley came to DC as the A/G and needed a Communicator. Since I was the only one available, my new post was A/G Comm (temporary).
Some weeks later, Irene went bananas and was recalled to Flag. Meanwhile, the new execs found all my weekly Tech reports that were supposed to be sent uplines to Flag, showing all the Tech completions for each week. Instead of sending them uplines, Irene had stashed them in a drawer somewhere and reported other stats to back up her false Paid Completions stats. So if she had sent my reports uplines, it would have blown her out of the water.
Alan Gilbertson came back to correct the actions done on the first mission and was going to put me back on post as Tech Sec, but by then, I didn't want it. So he was there twice.
I'm thinking it was probably the second time he was there that the gun incident happened.
I remember Allan Blake from mid 80-ties. He was studying in the Academy, learning how to audit "Happiness Rundown". I was bogged on course; he needed a PC for his training. Steve Lower + others tried to use me as a PC. Allan tried to word-clear "aberration" a word, but it didn't go anyway after that.
I had to buy a booklet that Steve Lower demanded, so Allan could start me for auditing. The end result was that I was put back on course again with no explanation "Why?". Weeks after that I was ganged up to do "Happiness Rundown" I had a fight with recruiting staff; but I lost. I said that I never started the program; but they insisted. I had to pay for the whole process. I had no interest in it. It was alleged to help my study problem; but it never did; far from it. Those fuckers were disrespecting me; and said they are never wrong. I was threaten to be PTS. Later time once in Ethics with Louisa Brummer; she asked me who I was PTS to whom. My answer was; "to the staff who harass me; and don't leave me alone, that I have to deal with, and ask for lots of money to do auditing that I don't want." She got very mad.
I was later on PTS Rundown; we named a half brother that I was already disconnected for 7 years. I got out it for a stupid thing my mother wrote in a letter, something far fetched that didn't make sense. It made me relieved to be done with the process. I decided I have to play the game not to show what I felt; the invalidation could be too costly. I couldn't be true with them.
Since I didn't want to give money to them; they wanted me to disconnect from a friend, they thought I had monetary agreement. They were mad because I didn't want to give all, all, all my money to them. All this drove me to finally declare myself to be a SP, I excommunicated me from them. That was my best decision ever, since I also became very physically ill under their care. If, I didn't I would probably end up dead, like Lisa McPherson, but in different shape and situation. If, you were in FCDC on S Street from early 80-ties to 1987; You probably know me. Staff and students witnessed me being abused, I am sure. I saw it happen to others. I stood out in the org. I don't call Scientology to be a religion, otherwise I wouldn't be so invalidated. I do remember many people from that time. I wonder too where is Allan Blake, and many others too. We were about 7 people who got declared about the same time. Something I found out afterwards.
I would like to know what else went on!
Since I started my posting on ESMB on this thread and since the reason I even came on this board was to get back in touch with the guys and gals from the good ole' days I thought I should let you guys know something.
About five or six years ago I was on top of the world.
I was finally on my way to accomplishing what I always wanted in my life.
But then I fell really ill and my whole world collapsed.
I only kept my sanity because of my wife standing by me through some difficult times.
And also because I had this thread and ESMB to keep my spirits up.
Well over the years the medical bills have virtually bankrupted me.
I was gradually getting better, like two steps forward and one back, but better over all.
Then about six weeks ago the bottom dropped out again.
Now I'm back where I was six years ago, actually even worse, since I can't even stand up unassisted.
But today when my wife came home from work, and tired and aching as she was, she came over to me and gave me a great big hug.
I so love this woman!
And right there and then I decided the hell with this mess; I'm going to go all out, not only to get better, but to get back on top of the world and finally accomplish what I was on my way to accomplish six years ago.
My doctors think it is unrealistic for me mentally and physically.
And financially it seems even more impossible.
But I am going to go all out and get back on top of my world or else die trying.
So you guys might not see me much here for awhile, but I'll be looking in on this thread because this thread always lifts my spirits.
But it's all right, now in fact it's a gas.
But it's all right
I'm Jumping Jacques Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas!
http://youtu.be/eQSGw0hMd_I
The Anabaptist Jacques
Since I started my posting on ESMB on this thread and since the reason I even came on this board was to get back in touch with the guys and gals from the good ole' days I thought I should let you guys know something.
About five or six years ago I was on top of the world.
I was finally on my way to accomplishing what I always wanted in my life.
But then I fell really ill and my whole world collapsed.
I only kept my sanity because of my wife standing by me through some difficult times.
And also because I had this thread and ESMB to keep my spirits up.
Well over the years the medical bills have virtually bankrupted me.
I was gradually getting better, like two steps forward and one back, but better over all.
Then about six weeks ago the bottom dropped out again.
Now I'm back where I was six years ago, actually even worse, since I can't even stand up unassisted.
But today when my wife came home from work, and tired and aching as she was, she came over to me and gave me a great big hug.
I so love this woman!
And right there and then I decided the hell with this mess; I'm going to go all out, not only to get better, but to get back on top of the world and finally accomplish what I was on my way to accomplish six years ago.
My doctors think it is unrealistic for me mentally and physically.
And financially it seems even more impossible.
But I am going to go all out and get back on top of my world or else die trying.
So you guys might not see me much here for awhile, but I'll be looking in on this thread because this thread always lifts my spirits.
But it's all right, now in fact it's a gas.
But it's all right
I'm Jumping Jacques Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas!
http://youtu.be/eQSGw0hMd_I
The Anabaptist Jacques
What an asshole. If any member of the military pulled such a trick they would be dishonorably discharged. Such flippant handling of a deadly weapon is highly dangerous because the person doing that could repeat such idiocy when the thing is loaded. Never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to SHOOT. That is a US Marine rule. I am shaking my head in disgust.
Since I started my posting on ESMB on this thread and since the reason I even came on this board was to get back in touch with the guys and gals from the good ole' days I thought I should let you guys know something.About five or six years ago I was on top of the world. I was finally on my way to accomplishing what I always wanted in my life.But then I fell really ill and my whole world collapsed.I only kept my sanity because of my wife standing by me through some difficult times.And also because I had this thread and ESMB to keep my spirits up.Well over the years the medical bills have virtually bankrupted me.I was gradually getting better, like two steps forward and one back, but better over all.Then about six weeks ago the bottom dropped out again.Now I'm back where I was six years ago, actually even worse, since I can't even stand up unassisted.But today when my wife came home from work, and tired and aching as she was, she came over to me and gave me a great big hug.I so love this woman!And right there and then I decided the hell with this mess; I'm going to go all out, not only to get better, but to get back on top of the world and finally accomplish what I was on my way to accomplish six years ago.My doctors think it is unrealistic for me mentally and physically.And financially it seems even more impossible. But I am going to go all out and get back on top of my world or else die trying.So you guys might not see me much here for awhile, but I'll be looking in on this thread because this thread always lifts my spirits.But it's all right, now in fact it's a gas.But it's all rightI'm Jumping Jacques Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas!http://youtu.be/eQSGw0hMd_IThe Anabaptist Jacques