What's new

Flagdown 2014: media coverage, etc

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
A lot of ex-Scientologists (myself included) had a hard time coming to grips with the idea (and this is a big one) that we did not know L. Ron Hubbard at all.

Magnified by our early cult "wins" and our ongoing sunk costs of time, money and agreements, we listened to Hubbard's tapes and read his books and bought into the big temptation that Scientology offers: "You are big beans and can retrieve all of your native bigness."

During our Scientology careers (and even afterwards), we thought we knew L. Ron Hubbard. We thought he was our friend. We thought our interests were his interests. Why? Because he said so. Because he implied so. And because by believing that was true we could keep minimizing the magnitude of our horrendous investments in this scheme.

It's hard to come to grips with the truth that Hubbard was a grifter and we were his marks. It's hard to believe someone would tell you lies that big and that you could believe them.

Until you can cringe about your Scientology history, you can't fully quit Scientology.

TG1...
Not sure if it's because I stayed in for 30 Y E A R S... Me being declared PTS due to Epilepsy (Later the Exec's said that was wrong)..
fighting C of $ over medicine for 30 years....
OR if it's because I was on OT 7 for 7 years....and watched my husband get TOTALLY F**d up after
OT 8, (as well as many other "OT's).....OR that I was in $cientology's Top Sekret OSA Int Internet mafia----etc. etc. But for me,
I was oooooooooooooooooo ready. I was really done when ordered off of my medication
while still "in" the Sea Org in 1972. I know...hard to believe---but that was THE beginning of me noticing
***Something*** is very wrong. (Having Grand Mal Seizures and being made wrong for it, does sort of put
a nasty twist into the game. Amazing I stayed as long as I did, but I truly fell for Hubbard telling me I needed to handle
*that* before I could return to the Sea Org)

So by the time I actually began to wake UP and go :wtf:? After all I'd been through
with this group, based on Hubbard.....well....it was a short dance over to what a liar Hubbard was.
I'd lived w/in his tortures for 30 years.

Cringe? That began in 1972.

By the time I left.....it had been like trying to swim UP Stream at Niagara Falls
and finally turning around
and sliding right down. :omg: :woohoo:
I originally left due to David Miscavige---but I'd witnessed TONS of shit Hubbard had done over the years. :yes:
I'm still learning about him, to this day. I *loved* hearing Jamie talk this time more than any other time.
To ALL who stand up against this insidious, phony, fraudulent BUSINESS pretending to be a "church" I thank you!
Love To you ALL: :bighug:

Tory/Magoo

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

i am just so happy my daughter is in love with jamie de wolf and not l. ron hubbard.
she says her dad still sucks their dick when they call him.
and what is really devastating, is i am starting to see from some of the letters he wrote me back in the day, that he KNEW it was a con, and didn't care.

at least i was just ignorant, not evil;)

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow, so he was/is a little Grant Cardone. And thank you for the unexpected sharing.

And here is some Jamie for ya

[video=youtube;ZuRGGv9XbDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRGGv9XbDE[/video]

i am just so happy my daughter is in love with jamie de wolf and not l. ron hubbard.
she says her dad still sucks their dick when they call him.
and what is really devastating, is i am starting to see from some of the letters he wrote me back in the day, that he KNEW it was a con, and didn't care.

at least i was just ignorant, not evil;)

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have read some... enough to have a few wiccans read all my stuff... not that I was interested in it, but that in deciding to study hypnosis, due to Shawn Lonsdale's death, and I found that THAT history crosses paths....

---------------------

Understand that much of what passes for classic magic consists of the arrangement of items associated metaphysically with each other and what you hope to achieve, and then to do this during the proper arrangement of the stars... and the proper Decan of the day. In Francis Yates "The Art of Memory" there is a description of the Pillars of Solomon, - (Thinking out loud, I'll never be able to convey what Professor Yates took 200 previous pages to get across) .... ok I'll try a more simplistic explanation...

Just as the E-meter implies that there is science in $cientology.... Just as the setting (stage setting) together with the programmed expectations of the "pc" prime him to engage in powerful auto-suggestion... Putting all these things together, including having the pc sit in a waiting area where there is a gradation chart, together these things (and others) focus a persons intention upon achieving the stated goal of the 'level'... These stated goals are achieved in the same manner that those two girls see mice on the floor in that picture I keep posting by stage hypnotist (Hubbard was also a stage hypnotist LINK) Ralph Slater here <scroll down...

The pattern used to focus intention of a person's will as described in the invocations of Abra-Mellin, are very similar to what Hubbard did to trick us into powerful self hypnosis of the classically magic kind.

I'll save you reading Abra-Mellin... In it he, a Jewish Mystic, states (ONE example) that if you want something to happen, you should bake your own bread by your hand, then slice a piece of bread, and write upon it with honey, the invocation you wish....

I will admit, I gave it a try, I asked for wisdom.

I hope this helps...

Arnie Lerma

Further Reading:

Prof. Francis Yates U of Chicago, read her books, especially The Art of Memory and the one about Bruno...
Ioan Culianu - Read his, Out of this World and his book about Giordano Bruno
Study Giordano Bruno..., Ficino, and those cited by the latter, and Albertus Magnus

220px-Giordano_Bruno_Campo_dei_Fiori.jpg

Giordano Bruno

PS: And the document Jamie is reading from... 2 pages of that were posted by this writer here to ESMB in 2011 LINK but I was given the wrong cover sheet with those two pages so it is titled differently...and wrongly see last post in that thread (After you read the stuff I posted which was the thing Jamie was reading from) a note from Ortega.

Two days before Jamie spoke I was sitting in the restaurant with Jamie and he said he found something amazing he was going to read... I asked him if what he had mentioned Abra-Mellin... he said no.. so he hadn't gotten to that part yet... which is the part he read from in the video, and you guys had access to pieces of it 3 years ago here on ESMB.

Long but great movie about Bruno - contains adult content.
[video=youtube;Kk0ezNbiJvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0ezNbiJvc[/video]

Purple Rain

Crusader
So what is happening with Xander and the injunction? I've been trying to follow it on the wwp thread, but I don't really understand what is happening.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Off mike audio is nearly impossible to repair afterwards, especially from a reverberant room. Easiest thing is to get it captioned. Captions would be good on all the videos. Makes them easier to search and index.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
So what is happening with Xander and the injunction? I've been trying to follow it on the wwp thread, but I don't really understand what is happening.

Nothing. The injunction was not legally binding. No legal motions have been filed in the Pinellas Court by Scientology with regard to Xander & the injunction, either. The cultbots thought they could intimidate Xander with a smokescreen.

Anonycat

Crusader
Nothing. The injunction was not legally binding. No legal motions have been filed in the Pinellas Court by Scientology with regard to Xander & the injunction, either. The cultbots thought they could intimidate Xander with a smokescreen.

They did get a lot of encouragement though! It's a hundred dollar prank, huh?

Purple Rain

Crusader

Well, that's a relief. He was talking about some deposition on Saturday and I was like, "Wait, what?"

A smokescreen is exactly what it was, as well as an obvious ploy considering how well it worked to intimidate some others in the past. Xander's bring it on, I dare you, calling of their bluff was refreshingly well played. One day he may get his chance to face off against the likes of Moxon, Yingling or Pope in front of a Judge, but I doubt seriously it will be over this ancient, impotent injunction.

A smokescreen is exactly what it was, as well as an obvious ploy considering how well it worked to intimidate some others in the past. Xander's bring it on, I dare you, calling of their bluff was refreshingly well played. One day he may get his chance to face off against the likes of Moxon, Yingling or Pope in front of a Judge, but I doubt seriously it will be over this ancient, impotent injunction.

Well, to be sure, they could be drafting the motion to have me added to the injunction right now. At this point we just have to wait and see. I really don't think they'll try, though, because filing such a motion would give me the chance to ask a court to dissolve the the injunction as being well past its prime. I think they probably prefer to keep what they got rather than chance extending it to a nuisance like me. But who knows how they think about such things? If they file anything, I'll definitely let everyone know about it.

Well, to be sure, they could be drafting the motion to have me added to the injunction right now. At this point we just have to wait and see. I really don't think they'll try, though, because filing such a motion would give me the chance to ask a court to dissolve the the injunction as being well past its prime. I think they probably prefer to keep what they got rather than chance extending it to a nuisance like me. But who knows how they think about such things? If they file anything, I'll definitely let everyone know about it.

We're definitely on the same page, brother. Thanks for your efforts.

RogerB

Crusader

Yes, on the theme of them already being known and held to be a vexatious litigant . . . this stunt by them could well be the action that undoes their nonsense and blows them out of the water in terms of their ability to misuse the judicial system to the detriment of the rights of others.

R

Gib

Crusader
I rewatched this hour long talk by Jamie DeWolf. His grandfather was Nibs.

I'm really impressed with Jamie, he knows his shit about dianetics/scientology and explains it well.

Tony Ortega did a post about it here: http://tonyortega.org/2014/05/10/ja...st-memoir-of-the-son-of-scientologys-founder/

Interesting is the book written by Nibs called "The Story of me, by me".

Interesting is this excerpt of what Nibs said:

"What the hell is Dianetics and Scientology? It’s a religion. A religion of self. It’s one man’s religion. One man’s labyrinth. A trip of L. Ron Hubbard’s. A trip he lays on everyone else as ‘the trip,’ their trip, your trip. A science fiction story he wrote and forced into reality within the heads of others by the will of L. Ron Hubbard. The self-created fantasy of one man brought to deadly reality for others by a simple word: agreement."

Jamie says what Nibs wrote about some time into it. He describes the agreement as once you start nodding your head yes with what Hubbard is saying, you are being hypnotized. Hubbard reworded this to "what is true for you, is true for you", this is very subtle, could be said in terms of what is true for you is what, I Hubbard, am getting you to agree to. IF there are more agreements than disagreements, why Hubbard has you hooked. IF you have more disagreements than agreements, you are an SP, a critic, a criminal, no case gain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUYESI3v3c

http://hypnosistrainingacademy.com/4-covert-agreement-tactics-to-set-a-yes-mood-in-hypnosis/

For all you members, is not something called an "agreements check" to be run on staff members on the e-meter?

Last edited:

Red Valiant

Patron with Honors
I rewatched this hour long talk by Jamie DeWolf. His grandfather was Nibs.

I'm really impressed with Jamie, he knows his shit about dianetics/scientology and explains it well.

Tony Ortega did a post about it here: http://tonyortega.org/2014/05/10/ja...st-memoir-of-the-son-of-scientologys-founder/

Interesting is the book written by Nibs called "The Story of me, by me".

Interesting is this excerpt of what Nibs said:

Jamie says what Nibs wrote about some time into it. He describes the agreement as once you start nodding your head yes with what Hubbard is saying, you are being hypnotized. Hubbard reworded this to "what is true for you, is true for you", this is very subtle, could be said in terms of what is true for you is what, I Hubbard, am getting you to agree to. IF there are more agreements than disagreements, why Hubbard has you hooked. IF you have more disagreements than agreements, you are an SP, a critic, a criminal, no case gain.

http://hypnosistrainingacademy.com/4-covert-agreement-tactics-to-set-a-yes-mood-in-hypnosis/

For all you members, is not something called an "agreements check" to be run on staff members on the e-meter?
I was the opening act for Jamie. Since ESMB is going to archive only, here's the official videos for [all] the speakers at Flagdown …

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_H8y-Z2tiVvf9w32YRtRw

Last edited: