What's new

FSSO repayments suffering from lack of money?

Good twin

Floater
I received two messages this weekend. The first was the CofS has secretly declared me, Big Whoop. I used the news to write a letter to all my friends telling them about my declare. I'm an official Indie now. :)

The second message was that the FSSO needed to trim down my repayment check because they discovered an extension course which had not been accounted for.

I had to sign a new waiver to account for the adjustment and I am told that the check will be sent out as soon as they receive my new waiver. (Done)

Today is day 133 of my repayment cycle. It appears that they will be paying me the full amount due and not attempting to impose a handling fee.

It has been a long cycle and I have learned much from it. If anyone needs help, I will be glad to provide advice but all of the data is already in this thread.

Thanks for the update Dave. Two years ago when I was activley invovled with a few repayment cycles, we found the cycle took about one week per 20K. I think they can only get that much set aside per week or something. Dunno what it is today.

freemefree

Patron with Honors
FSSO address

Can some one give me the address to FSSO. I just want to make sure I am sending my letters to the correct place.

Thx

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
FSSO email contact info

The email address for all email is <[email protected]>

I use a personalized email with a personalized subject so I can keep track of the correspondence:

Freewinds Chaplain" <[email protected]>

Subject: Kea Verweij - Repayment of Unused Money on Account - XXX days and counting

The Chaplain is the official contact for the repayment cycles. Her name is Kea Verweij

She is quite pleasant but is not very helpful. You will get many no-answer answers. Read my earlier description for a more complete handling.

David St Lawrence

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
FSSO Repayment cycle complete after 140 days

The FSSO finally managed to find the money to cover my repayment request. :happydance:

I received my repayment checks today and they are already in the bank! :happydance:

I received one check from the Flag Ship Org and one check from Majestic Cruise Lines.

The FSSO did not charge a handling fee although it was mentioned in the original paperwork they sent me. There was no mention of any handling fee in the final Release and Waiver that I signed.

From start to finish, the cycle took 140 days. All of the steps are listed in this thread.

I did not use the phone as Kea never answered her phone and she never responded to my voicemails. I did not use snail mail either. All communication was handled by e-mail so I have a complete record of every communication.

I will also post a concise summary of everything I learned on possiblyhelpfuladvice.com

David St Lawrence

TG1

Angelic Poster
David, many congratulations! 140 days is a long time. On the other hand, it is DONE!

Again, congrats!

TG1

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The FSSO did not charge a handling fee although it was mentioned in the original paperwork they sent me. There was no mention of any handling fee in the final Release and Waiver that I signed.

Can you sue them for breaking their contract? :)

Paul

:goodjob:

You deserve a trophy for your patience! :winner:

Thanks for sharing all your successful actions!

Do you have any experience with ASHO & AOLA on repayments?