I clicked on that site but I got bored and started yawning - mind you it was late at night. The fact is most of that stuff is outside my reality level, I have enough to do figering out the now without worrying about Zillions of years ago. Certainly most Metaphysical thinking people do not believe in a literal heaven.
If I were contemplating being either a Christian or a Scientologist, (and I've been both this lifetime), I would at this juncture, look at the histories I should inherit; and the company I'd be surrounded by.
There is no group on this planet that has more blood on it's hands than those who believe that Christ is God. The Crusades, where Christians killed anyone they could find, the spanish, austrian and holland inquisitions, the witch burnings, the beheadings, the one hundred years war, the thirty years war, the mass murder of Jews, pogroms, and the Holocaust are the major events. Literally thousands of priests and pastors in the present practise pedaphilia, adultery, murder, rape and embezzlement, with no sign that Christ's 'love' is going to change or reduce any of their crimes.
In Scientology, the crimes are less only because governments aren't scientologese, and the movement is too young to have amassed Christianity's record of genocide and torture. But Scientology is hurrying to catch up. This, Pip, is what you've signed up for. It proves that there are two invisible ladders in each person's space. One is intellect, the other is spirit. They are not connected, in spite of Anne Coulter's continued attempts to bring them together in her revolting books. One can be an intellectual giant, Wm. Buckley is an example, and at the same time be a spirtual kindergartner. He was a Catholic. Oscar Wilde, Steve Allen and many more brainy Christians, ditto.
You are clearly intelligent. High on the intellectual ladder. But you're not much above the first rung on the spiritual ladder. I wish you all happiness. And I hope the next lifetime you end up high on the rungs on both ladders. While you're still in this life, do take a look at the two horrendous groups you've joined up with. You can start copping out as Christians do by the millions, blaming it on Satan, and refusing to let their precious Jesus be responsible for any of it. But he is. He's ultimately responsible for all the madness and criminality of his followers. He's their inspiration. As for Scientology...Yuck!
