What's new

Independent Scientology Orgs fucked up by not addressing Scientology Disconnection

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Editorial: The First Independent Church of Scientology, Milestone Two and the Religious Liberty League fucked up by failing to address the Stop Scientology Disconnection billboard project.

Usually, I just cross-post news. Right now I'd like to make an observation. My observation is prompted by Dave Soroka's response to the Stop Scientology Disconnection billboard project.

https://www.gofundme.com/reconnectingfamily

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Dave Soroka 1 month ago

This is a great idea, but I think you'd get even more support if you directed the assault more at the Church than at Scientology itself. There's a lot of Independent Scientologists out here, myself included, who will take this billboard as an attack on Scientology, rather than on the suppressive use by the Church of a cancelled policy. I wonder if you might consider re-wording it to read "To my loved one in the Church of Scientology..."? Please consider this.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

attachment.php

As you may have guessed, my opinion is that the First Independent Church of Scientology (FICS), Milestone Two (MS2) and the Religious Liberty League (RLL) fucked up by failing to address the Stop Scientology Disconnection billboard project.

That, even leaving aside considerations of mere Wog morality, and considering only public relations, the failure of FICS, MS2 and RLL to address the Stop Scientology Disconnection billboard project was and is moronically, imbecilically, and pathetically stupid.

This was the perfect opportunity for Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL to publicly and repeatedly say, "We are different. We, unlike the corrupt corporate Church of Scientology, do not practice disconnection, in fact oppose disconnection, and wish to reunite all disconnected families."

If the the members and supporters of Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL had a single brain cell between them, they would have supported the Stop Scientology Disconnection billboard project, while making it clear (and perhaps even garnering some agreement if not consensus) that the "Scientology" referred to on the billboard referred only to the corrupt corporate Church of Scientology, and not to their practice of Independent Scientology.

Instead, their silence was deafening.

Their failure, of course, was and is also a moral one -- albeit a moral failing common in the practice of Scientology: the placing of their particular Third (Group) Dynamic over all other considerations, all other concerns -- Scientology Third Dynamic Uber Alles. This is seen in Dave Soroka's pathetic whining that Independent Scientologists, himself included, would take the billboard as an attack on Scientology.

In closing I'll add that to date, and much to my initial surprise, neither Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 nor RLL have even addressed the coming book by Ron Miscavige, the father of corporate Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige, or the 2020 and other media coverage thereof. This despite the fact that Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL place all of the blame for all of the failings of Scientology solely on David Miscavige. Again, we see the, to put it most kindly, stupid and morally repugnant inability to express anything negative about any form, organization or conception of Scientology. Again, we see the Independent Scientology police of the Scientology Third Dynamic Uber Alles.

One might pity Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL in this regard if their silence in the face of evil was not so revolting.

Attachments

• DaveSorokaRespondsToStopScientologyDisconnectionCampaign.PNG
    DaveSorokaRespondsToStopScientologyDisconnectionCampaign.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 288

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Independent Scientology Orgs fucked up by not addressing Scientology Disconnectio

[STRIKE]Scient[/STRIKE] Shitology is [STRIKE]Scient[/STRIKE] Shitology and will always be [STRIKE]Scient[/STRIKE] Shitology - no matter if it is practiced "independently" or not.....

There doesn´t exist an "independent" [STRIKE]Scient[/STRIKE] Shitology.

The reason is simply because every [STRIKE]Scient[/STRIKE] Shitology is Hubbardism, and Hubbardism requires that you switch off your own brain (or otherwise said: "leave the thetan in the cloakroom").

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Independent Scientology Orgs fucked up by not addressing Scientology Disconnectio

That is a very interesting observation. It was certianly a missed opportunity and a PR failure.

One wonders whether this was an oversight or whether or not they didn't want to talk about disconnection because, um, maybe they practice it themselves.

In the grand scheme of things, Indy Scientology's successes or failures are not even so much as a blip on the media radar. I think only exes are aware of them or have any concerns about them.

CommunicatorIC

That is a very interesting observation. It was certianly a missed opportunity and a PR failure.

One wonders whether this was an oversight or whether or not they didn't want to talk about disconnection because, um, maybe they practice it themselves.

In the grand scheme of things, Indy Scientology's successes or failures are not even so much as a blip on the media radar. I think only exes are aware of them or have any concerns about them.
I don't have the link to hand, but I can positively state that the Religious Liberty League has represented that the First Independent Church of Scientology has adopted the 1968 Reform Code and does not and will not practice disconnection.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't have the link to hand, but I can positively state that the Religious Liberty League has represented that the First Independent Church of Scientology has adopted the 1968 Reform Code and does not and will not practice disconnection.

Interesting. Then yes, the First Independent Church of Scientology screwed up.

CommunicatorIC

Interesting. Then yes, the First Independent Church of Scientology screwed up.
I looked up the Religious Liberty League blog post.

The First Independent Church of Scientology

http://religiouslibertyleague.org/the-first-independent-church-of-scientology/

The new church will adopt the 1968 Reform Code of Scientology, and thereby recognize the distinction between fair criticism and religious persecution, accepting and internally handling the former, and stomping on the latter. FICS will have no fair game policy and no security checks (except as part of an auditing program in which priest-penitent privileges attach). And it will forever abolish the disconnection policy! The liberal concepts expressed by LRH in the lecture, Attitude & Conduct of Scientology[2], will be applied in full.

* * * * *END EXCERPT * * * * *

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

dave soroka said:
Dave Soroka 1 month ago

This is a great idea, but I think you'd get even more support if you directed the assault more at the Church than at Scientology itself. There's a lot of Independent Scientologists out here, myself included, who will take this billboard as an attack on Scientology, rather than on the suppressive use by the Church of a cancelled policy. I wonder if you might consider re-wording it to read "To my loved one in the Church of Scientology..."? Please consider this.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Another real live proof of the total lack of understanding and empathy of the $cientologist droid The droid is only concern by two issues in the little $cientology bubble

1) Image and pr about $cienotlogy\Dr Hubtard

2) Handling\fixing
the ''outerworld' who dont think like them thus- they attack - thus 'appears' as pseudo-ennemies s - thus must handled and fixed to restablish the ''acceptable truts and convenient lies..))

This billboard is not about you, neither your Tehhhhhhhhhk or your pseudo-cherch

It's about people who miss their loved ones who were forced\ordered to disconnect from them (labelled SPs and degraded beings)

Didnt you see it's written : Call me ?????

A cancelled policy ????? Really ?????
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait ..there's an elephant in the room

Get lost with your pr and handling BS....there's nothing for you to handle... :grouch:

Merde! on sen fout de sa $cientologis à la con!

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime

Someone help me here .. freethinker? Gib?

The 1968 'reform code' was just another Hubbard ruse for the NZ government this time . Their coveted 'religious status' was at risk, so Hubbard released this 'reform code' to document the avowal of dumping disconnection .

HOWEVER, the document stated no change to the treatment of an SP.
ie - nothing changes at all.

Am I right about this?

Glenda

Crusader

The 1968 'reform code' was just another Hubbard ruse for the NZ government this time . Their coveted 'religious status' was at risk, so Hubbard released this 'reform code' to document the avowal of disconnection .

Am I right about this?

Correct. 100% correct.

Smoke. Mirrors. Nothing changed regarding disconnection except how it was done, to keep the authorities conned/impotent.

Pfff.

As I understand it, the 1968/69 NZ Government Inquiry was a little more than a threat to the cults "religious status". At that time the cult did not hold anything that resembled a religious status in NZ. That came much much later (2002?).

What Hubbard was worried about was the total ban to practice in NZ. If that had happened it would have affected things throughout the Commonwealth and potentially given guidelines to the USA of how to contain scientology. So Hubbard just shoved in front of the Inquiry boys the one thing that would prevent a ban on the practice of scientology.

1968 reform code, my arse. It was a shut-down move to the NZ Inquiry and nothing more. Hubbard played the only card he had left in his hand - but it worked.

CommunicatorIC

The 1968 'reform code' was just another Hubbard ruse for the NZ government this time . Their coveted 'religious status' was at risk, so Hubbard released this 'reform code' to document the avowal of dumping disconnection .

Am I right about this?
Correct. 100% correct.

Smoke. Mirrors. Nothing changed regarding disconnection except how it was done, to keep the authorities conned/impotent.

Pfff.

As I understand it, the 1968/69 NZ Government Inquiry was a little more than a threat to the cults "religious status". At that time the cult did not hold anything that resembled a religious status in NZ. That came much much later (2002?).

What Hubbard was worried about was the total ban to practice in NZ. If that had happened it would have affected things throughout the Commonwealth and potentially given guidelines to the USA of how to contain scientology. So Hubbard just shoved in front of the Inquiry boys the one thing that would prevent a ban on the practice of scientology.

1968 reform code, my arse. It was a shut-down move to the NZ Inquiry and nothing more. Hubbard played the only card he had left in his hand - but it worked.
I'm going to play Devil's advocate here for a bit.

As noted above, I looked up the Religious Liberty League blog post:

http://religiouslibertyleague.org/th...f-scientology/

The new church will adopt the 1968 Reform Code of Scientology, and thereby recognize the distinction between fair criticism and religious persecution, accepting and internally handling the former, and stomping on the latter. FICS will have no fair game policy and no security checks (except as part of an auditing program in which priest-penitent privileges attach). And it will forever abolish the disconnection policy! The liberal concepts expressed by LRH in the lecture, Attitude & Conduct of Scientology[2], will be applied in full.

What difference does it make what Hubbard intended if the Religious Liberty League and First Independent Church of Scientology actually believe that the 1968 Reform Code was real, more importantly act on the belief, and in fact: (a) have "no fair game policy and no security checks: and (b) "forever abolish the disconnection policy?"

Um, are you guys going to tell them that, no, they don't understand, and they really do have to practice fair game and disconnection? :coolwink:

Last edited:

Glenda

Crusader

What difference does it make what Hubbard intended if the Religious Liberty League and First Independent Church of Scientology actually believe that the 1968 Reform Code was real, more importantly act on the belief, and in fact: (a) have "no fair game policy and no security checks: and (b) "forever abolish the disconnection policy?"

Um, are you guys going to tell them that, no, they don't understand, and they really do have to practice fair game and disconnection? :coolwink:

I'm not going to say anything. The whole subject of scientology is so anachronistic, so full of contradictions, so silly, so circular...

Shaking head and wandering out into garden now. :)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

If such things happens that will imply to squirrel the tech.
Those indies are committed to practice 100% standard on souce tech

Disconnection is not an isolated mean of handling antagonist family members - ..it's way more than that and is used as a way of handling many situations. (in ethics, in auditing, on study for concerns..)

Otherwise I believe it when I see all the related pieces of tech ( wether processing or ethics ) to be rid of those handlings when a person is connected to an antago person.....:unsure:
I am curious what handling will replace it????

Other interesting points: FICS will have no fair game policy and no security checks (except as part of an auditing program in which priest-penitent privileges attach).

recognize the distinction between fair criticism and religious persecution, accepting and internally handling the former, and stomping on the latter.

There's a lot of Independent Scientologists out here, myself included
, who will take this billboard as an attack on Scientology

In the event it was intended as an attack on $cientology - Yes...they have the right to do so and don't need to be handled by any $cientology pr droid!

* to me what he doesn't understand is this is not an attack on $cientology issue...it concerns people addressing to their loved one to call them - It's a wonderfull mean of getting visible to get in comm with their dear ones. Period.

Black PR handling No 1 attempt for the New indie 'cherch' image. ????

** When the Indie 'cherch'' abolishes mental\physical\emotional abuses and mind manipulation bounded within the tech then I will be the first to congrat a genuine intention brought into the real life. Now it's an announcement! Let's see!

(will be very curious to seet what's left...in the standard modified tech):confused2:

Interesting though to be informed of those statements - thanks as I hadn't read the full post before replying :thumbsup:

Anyway, The whole subject of scientology is so anachronistic, so full of contradictions, so silly, so circular...Shaking head and wandering out into my garden now :coolwink:

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime

Devil's advocate? *cough*. How apt. :)

My observation is that Scientology policies are replete with contradiction and confusion. But of course that's because I don't know how to read them standardly.

Cancelling disconnection means not cancelling disconnection. But they really are cancelling disconnection. Where does that end? I imagine it ends at the spot that brings in a few more dollars, because THAT is the superior policy.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

I didn't see any reference to abolishing SP declares.

If they do not abolish SP declares then how are they going to totally abolish disconnection?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

I think the problem with all of these "Indies" is they still think Hubbard was a good guy and they still believe what he said about the public loving scientology.

That seems to be why they are clinging to the word "scientology" instead of calling it something else.

They can't see what we can see - that the word "scientology" is toxic and anyone associating themselves with it is doomed to failure.

JustSheila

Crusader

Editorial: The First Independent Church of Scientology, Milestone Two and the Religious Liberty League fucked up by failing to address the Stop Scientology Disconnection billboard project.

Usually, I just cross-post news. Right now I'd like to make an observation. <snio>
This was the perfect opportunity for Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL to publicly and repeatedly say, "We are different. We, unlike the corrupt corporate Church of Scientology, do not practice disconnection, in fact oppose disconnection, and wish to reunite all disconnected families."

If the the members and supporters of Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL had a single brain cell between them, they would have supported the Stop Scientology Disconnection billboard project, while making it clear (and perhaps even garnering some agreement if not consensus) that the "Scientology" referred to on the billboard referred only to the corrupt corporate Church of Scientology, and not to their practice of Independent Scientology.

Instead, their silence was deafening.

Their failure, of course, was and is also a moral one -- albeit a moral failing common in the practice of Scientology: the placing of their particular Third (Group) Dynamic over all other considerations, all other concerns -- Scientology Third Dynamic Uber Alles. This is seen in Dave Soroka's pathetic whining that Independent Scientologists, himself included, would take the billboard as an attack on Scientology.

In closing I'll add that to date, and much to my initial surprise, neither Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 nor RLL have even addressed the coming book by Ron Miscavige, the father of corporate Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige, or the 2020 and other media coverage thereof. This despite the fact that Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL place all of the blame for all of the failings of Scientology solely on David Miscavige. Again, we see the, to put it most kindly, stupid and morally repugnant inability to express anything negative about any form, organization or conception of Scientology. Again, we see the Independent Scientology police of the Scientology Third Dynamic Uber Alles.

One might pity Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL in this regard if their silence in the face of evil was not so revolting.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Terrific post and observations, CommunicatorIC. Thank you.

You bring up the hypocrisy of these Indy and FZ groups toward disconnection and the destruction and harm of COS, but I'd take it a step further:

Without a manufactured enemy, any cult becomes mostly harmless. It is the manufactured enemy that allows and enhances true thought reform, a fanatical justification for violence and injustice against others and illegal, criminal and inhumane activity against those perceived as 'enemies.' It is the manufacturing of an enemy that bonds a group as 'united against' and it is the committing of inhumane, criminal and illegal acts against the supposed 'enemy' that creates the dark secrets within the group that each become another puppet string enabling the organizers to manipulate and control individual members.

Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL aren't about to give up their dirty power game of fear-mongering against the fabricated concept of 'SP'S. The power over others by using it is too addictive and it's just too lucrative and easy to control individuals with the idea. Independent Scientology FICS, MS2 and RLL are, after all, only about power, control and money. Greed and Power always trump family, humanity, compassion and peaceful, loving relationships for these people every time. They're all about war, even if it means creating one for themselves. They can't and don't know how to live at peace with others and don't want to do so, either.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

[video=youtube;zYMD_W_r3Fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg[/video]

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song
I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Are now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Last edited:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Well yes disconnection is bad, but do keep in mind that disconnection pales in comparison to slighting scientology.

People can be erased but delusions are real.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron

I think the problem with all of these "Indies" is they still think Hubbard was a good guy and they still believe what he said about the public loving scientology.

That seems to be why they are clinging to the word "scientology" instead of calling it something else.

They can't see what we can see - that the word "scientology" is toxic and anyone associating themselves with it is doomed to failure.

I agree with the above:eyeroll::yes: but when you say public also consider what they think "public" is
what and how to see the world and people outside the bubble, time for some handy words
from the only authorised source on who "we" are as "public"

Raw meat, homo sapiens the sleeping dogs, their lessers of course as Homo Novis and some even think they
are naturally Homo Novis :yes::biggrin: and of course composed of some degraded beings and supressive persons
who are abberated beyond repair and for the good of the entire society should be simply disposed of quietly
and utterly destroyed, infested by body thetans and engramic commands "the public" in the eyes of scientologist
is not something to be concerned with in the least, just handle with "Standard Scientology"

definition in my signature :coolwink:

Hypatia

Pagan

I don't care what they believe. It's when I see the infighting and slander that I worry. It makes me wonder what else is going on that I don't know about.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't care what they believe. It's when I see the infighting and slander that I worry. It makes me wonder what else is going on that I don't know about.

Honestly Hypatia, whenever I see indy/freezone conversations here or other blogs/boards all I ever perceive is backbiting Or backbiting veiled by some random quotes by sauce.
Communication is in masses of words and "altitude". But not a great deal of substance and it can be quite ambiguous or vague. I think a lot of the infighting is started because of this (and an awful way to communicate with friends or acquaintances).

It generally gives me an feeling of a mean spiritedness. If I was close to those groups I would worry too, or at least be incredibly wary. Here are these people uneasily wearing their LRH masks and there is a whole lot going on under them.

Of course I could be biased, slightly :unsure:.