What's new

Introducing myself

Hello,

My name is Per-Olof Samuelsson, but if I have met any of you, you might remember me as Sam Samuelsson, because everybody used to call me that in my youth.

I was involved with Scientology for about a decade, from 1967 to 1977, the last five years as a Sea Org member. I worked as a Swedish translator at Pubs DK in Copenhagen. I left the SO and the CofS in October 1977 with the firm intention never to return. I have since been living a fairly happy and productive wog life.

In the early 80s I received demands from the CofS that I repay my "free-loader debt". I figured out that, since this is a debt that is accumulated over a period of one billion years, it can also be paid back over a period of one billion years, so I agreed to pay it in installments of 0.05 Swiss Francs every one thousandth year. The CofS wasn't exactly happy with this solution, but I also wrote an article about it which I managed to get published in a Swedish magazine. Since then, the CofS has left me virtually alone. (There were a couple of feeble attempts to make me accept "amnesties", but this was also in the 80s.) I haven't even had to think about Scientology since then (frankly, I have lost all interest in the subject).

However, quite recently, the CofS seems to have decided that I have no more urgent wish in life than to rejoin and "come back on lines". A few months ago, I began getting phone calls from somebody in Copenhagen. I told him I am not interested (I even asked him to look up the word "not" in a good dictionary and then use it in a few sentences, until he understood the word - to no avail, of course). Finally, I got so fed up with this that I disconnected my phone (I was going to change to using a mobile anyway, but this hastened my decision to do so).

As if this were not enough, in the beginning of June I received a letter from the Director of Income at AOSH Europe together with a statement of my "free-loader bill". The accompanying letter told me "one very good data from LRH is that communication can solve any problem" and that "I will try to help you as much as I can and I think you also can help me". Obviously the girl thinks that making financial demands that would ruin me for life, if I took them seriously, is "helping" me.

I have reported both those matters to the police in Copenhagen, but I have not received an answer yet.

So what I wonder is if anybody on this forum has some advice as how I should go about getting those people off my back.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dear Sam,

welcome! I'm sure you'll be inundated shortly with lots of wise advice in response to your question.

In the meantime, the Swedish Anons will be very interested to hear about your article. Do you happen to have a copy of it?

Another young Swede distinguished himself recently in addressing the Board of Supervisors of Riverside County - home of Scientology's International Base. Hombre, as he's known to us, appears in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr_Tw2Mdrlc

In it, he refers to a video he created, when in Stockholm, about one of the Riverside Supervisors, Jeff Stone. There was (almost) an audible gasp in the room when Hombre said the title of his video. I think everyone was astonished that a county supervisor in Riverside, California was being held accountable on the internet by a young man in Stockholm, Sweden. Jeff Stone couldn't resist a silly comment after Hombre's statement, "Welcome to America, Mr Ackerman, where we have freedom of speech." (Ironic.)

Here's Hombre's video - which was drawn to Supervisor Stone's attention when it was first published on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPtS2LQmXfo

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have reported both those matters to the police in Copenhagen, but I have not received an answer yet.

So what I wonder is if anybody on this forum has some advice as how I should go about getting those people off my back.

File paperwork for extortion. Explain that you fear your well being, if not your life. State previous cases. Advise the agency that you're dealing with that after a reasonable time, if they don't act, you will take this to the medias and "all over the internet".

Bake a cake and announce a raid.

Free2Dream

Patron with Honors
Welcome, Sam!

I have to say that your solution to the Co$'s "freeloader debt" really made me laugh! That is probably one of the most well thought out, ingenious responses to their bullshit that I've ever heard!

I look forward to hearing more of your story.

Tim Skog

Welcome Sam. I'm not sure what to suggest about your problem with the "culties" trying to contact you. From what you have stated in your post, it seems that you are doing the right thing. Congratulations on joining ESMB, I'm glad you are one of us. :wave:

HCObringOrder?

Olaf, wow a blast from the past!

I remember your name from my time at Flag.
Either from the G.O. files I worked on (very few) or from one of the conditions declares.
I noted your name because of my old friend from Riverside, Vito Stagnunis (not his full name).

Meanwhile, the attempt to get money out of you after so many years seems a moot point.
Likely some Org or mission Tres Sec did a write up on how they went after their freeloaders to get money. Now this is being put in as a successful action to get income. This just shows how deep the pockets of the COS really are.

Check your local laws to be sure that they do not have any legal basis for their claim.
Then tell them that if they persist in their demands that you will be joining Anonymous in the protests outside their Org.
Also file a claim against the Org for false debt to require that they show proof that you owe the debt.
Where are the documents that they say you signed?
Where are the records of any courses?

Keep us informed of your battle.
There are many here, including me who can help you in many ways.

Folks here love the stories too.

Xclam

Patron
Välkommen

Välkommen Per-Olof!

I'm also here because of their phone calls (from the US). I'm telling them they have the wrong number, which may be a cowardly way to get rid of them but it seems to be helping, slowly (they're calling from at least 3 different numbers to all the family's different numbers so it will take a while..).

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
In the early 80s I received demands from the CofS that I repay my "free-loader debt". I figured out that, since this is a debt that is accumulated over a period of one billion years, it can also be paid back over a period of one billion years, so I agreed to pay it in installments of 0.05 Swiss Francs every one thousandth year.

I love the payment plan you worked out. Did you make your initial payment of 0.05 Swiss Francs? And did the CofS send you a proper receipt?

Terril park

Sponsor
Hello,

My name is Per-Olof Samuelsson, but if I have met any of you, you might remember me as Sam Samuelsson, because everybody used to call me that in my youth.

I was involved with Scientology for about a decade, from 1967 to 1977, the last five years as a Sea Org member. I worked as a Swedish translator at Pubs DK in Copenhagen. I left the SO and the CofS in October 1977 with the firm intention never to return. I have since been living a fairly happy and productive wog life.

In the early 80s I received demands from the CofS that I repay my "free-loader debt". I figured out that, since this is a debt that is accumulated over a period of one billion years, it can also be paid back over a period of one billion years, so I agreed to pay it in installments of 0.05 Swiss Francs every one thousandth year. The CofS wasn't exactly happy with this solution, but I also wrote an article about it which I managed to get published in a Swedish magazine. Since then, the CofS has left me virtually alone. (There were a couple of feeble attempts to make me accept "amnesties", but this was also in the 80s.) I haven't even had to think about Scientology since then (frankly, I have lost all interest in the subject).

However, quite recently, the CofS seems to have decided that I have no more urgent wish in life than to rejoin and "come back on lines". A few months ago, I began getting phone calls from somebody in Copenhagen. I told him I am not interested (I even asked him to look up the word "not" in a good dictionary and then use it in a few sentences, until he understood the word - to no avail, of course). Finally, I got so fed up with this that I disconnected my phone (I was going to change to using a mobile anyway, but this hastened my decision to do so).

As if this were not enough, in the beginning of June I received a letter from the Director of Income at AOSH Europe together with a statement of my "free-loader bill". The accompanying letter told me "one very good data from LRH is that communication can solve any problem" and that "I will try to help you as much as I can and I think you also can help me". Obviously the girl thinks that making financial demands that would ruin me for life, if I took them seriously, is "helping" me.

Engage them in candid conversation. You will be doing humanity a service,
and they will not be able to confront you shortly thereafter. :)

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
Welcome to ESMB and congratulations on your payment plan :clap: :clap:

Keep on posting on ESMB every time they call and let them know that's what you are doing I am sure they will get the idea, and if they don't who cares I am sure we could get some more laughs from this. :happydance:

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
Välkommen Per-Olof!

I'm also here because of their phone calls (from the US). I'm telling them they have the wrong number, which may be a cowardly way to get rid of them but it seems to be helping, slowly (they're calling from at least 3 different numbers to all the family's different numbers so it will take a while..).

Välkommen ocksa! :happydance:

Jag hoppas att du far manga svar till vad du kan gora far det. Det var ganska roligt vad du gjorde med the freeloader betalningerna. :wink2: Glad att du ar har med oss. :yes:

God Lycka till alltihoppa!

Kramar och Honey Love,

Bee Sting

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Sam,

Their tactics to "collect" on the so-called free-loader debt are without any power unless you ever wanted to go back to the CofS. Other than phone calls (in a failed attempt to intimidate) they really can't do anything that would have any effect on your life. But I think that you already know this.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome

Welcome to the board, Sam!

Unfortunately you will probably never stop getting mail from them. I have moved several times and still get the occasional letter. Just toss it in the trash and feel good about them wasting postage on you.

In the US, if you tell someone NOT to call you again and they do, it is a crime. I was called about 2 months ago for the first time in 28 years by a guy that worked in the Tampa mission when I was taking classes. I told him that scio was a scam and to never call again. Sounds like that's what you did.

And I also liked your method of paying off your 'free-loaders' debt. Clever.

Blue Spirit

BILL THEM

Calculate how many hours you worked for them and what the

minimum wage or fair wage was at the time plus overtime after

8 hours daily.

Then subtract the "Freeloader Debt" from that amount and send

them a bill for that amount.

Tell them they have 30 days to pay up or you will use

an attorney to collect that amount.

When they call, I sometimes tell them what has happened to the "Church".

"Did you know that the IRS owns all of the copyrights of Scientology and

of course they are not very good at applying Scientology?"

"Did you know that the present leader has beat people up for years ?"

Or whatever is real to you from your internet studies.

Be light and fun about it, not serious, and make it a game. Have FUN. :thumbsup:

Feral

Rogue male
Olaf, wow a blast from the past!

I remember your name from my time at Flag.
Either from the G.O. files I worked on (very few) or from one of the conditions declares.
I noted your name because of my old friend from Riverside, Vito Stagnunis (not his full name).

Meanwhile, the attempt to get money out of you after so many years seems a moot point.
Likely some Org or mission Tres Sec did a write up on how they went after their freeloaders to get money. Now this is being put in as a successful action to get income. This just shows how deep the pockets of the COS really are.

Check your local laws to be sure that they do not have any legal basis for their claim.
Then tell them that if they persist in their demands that you will be joining Anonymous in the protests outside their Org.
Also file a claim against the Org for false debt to require that they show proof that you owe the debt.
Where are the documents that they say you signed?
Where are the records of any courses?

Keep us informed of your battle.
There are many here, including me who can help you in many ways.

Folks here love the stories too.

There is NO legal basis for the cults claims on "free loader" bills. There is, however a legal basis for back pay claims for unpaid wages while being on staff or in the SO