What's new

Leaving

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
Claire,

My apologies. That slipped through the editing table. That wasn't ever supposed to be posted. However, the stuff that Arnie did do to you made it easier to post what I did as "Scientology Spammer."

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yo, no prob.

Leaving Mormon fundamentalism, too?

I'll look at your blog...

You're really on a voyage of self discovery. How wonderful.

Very cool.

Cyberhugs...

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
Yo, no prob.

Leaving Mormon fundamentalism, too?

I'll look at your blog...

You're really on a voyage of self discovery. How wonderful.

Very cool.

Cyberhugs...

I'll have to be smart for once and post AFTER I've read through it. :duh:

Yeah... I didn't mention it before, but the ULDC (while it had the spiritual awakening), I started noticing the same thing happening with what happened when I was in the Church of Scientology Inc. Same behavior, etc.

I got out before I knew I would hit rock bottom. Plus, a bunch of families were excommunicated over a squabble for power bringing the membership from 40-50 to 10-20.

http://unitedlatterdaychurch.blogspot.com/

That site is run by one of my used-to-be soon-to-be wives who left when she started raising questions of abuse. I helped her out by supplying some insider info now and then. While I disagree with her on some things, I have to agree with the majority.

Anyway, I'll be writing a little more later on.

:hattip:

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
Friends with Barbara Schwarz

While posting on ARS, I became semi-friends with Barbara Schwarz, an odd lady on usenet that I happened to agree with on certain issues. This would later change, but nevertheless, it was an interesting experience.

This was also probably one of the most careful friendships that I have ever had since I had left Scientology. It started on the boards of ARS and moved to a friendly exchange of information. When I first arrived, I was accusing Barbara of running all sorts of spam bots. I was attempting to justify the spamming of those boards by the Church of Scientology. “That wasn't Scientology. These are all Barbara Schwarz.” Then linking to such sites as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Schwarz

I suggest checking out the sources at the bottom of that site.

After posting the apology to her on Youtube (mostly because I wanted her to quit harassing me and slightly because of fear), she started defending me and so we became somewhat of friends pretty quick after that. It was nice having someone fight for you, if any of you know what that feels like. There weren't a lot of people that were willing to do that, that I knew.

At the time I am writing this, I am unsure of what to make of her. She seems nice, but if you are on her bad side, look out. She will do anything to throw you into silence and/or shame. The relationship strengthened when I was on my OSA project and no longer posting on ARS. I had little respect for the critics by this time. They were nothing more than an ear-sore, yet, I still seemed to like a few. These included Barbara Graham, Tory Christman, and (whom I knew as simply) “Navy.”

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
A Phone Call To Change My Life

After exhausting my “Scientology Spammer” persona over on Topix, I decided to go ahead and switch in rubbing SS off as an OSA Op. I had made SS pretty hated over there. I figured if I was going to knock any sense into them, I would have to go as myself and be serious about it instead of hurling insults and such.

So, one day reading ARS, I saw a post by Tory. It had her phone number, so I figured, “What the heck! Might as well see what she has to say.” I took a nice long walk to the local LDS Church (I was in Utah at the time), and gave her a buzz as I walked. At this point I felt sorta guilty for what I had done.

I could never imagine that a 40 minute conversation could change my life so much. I was “out” of the “Church” of Scientology and bailed out of the OSA project, by now. I was planning on leaving everything, in general to pursue my school work and duties with my old church, a Mormon Fundamentalist Anabaptist Polygamist Church, which I had picked up again right before leaving the “Church” of Scientology back in August(?) of 2006. I couldn't justify the reason, though, and Scientology did work... right?

Anyway, after talking to Tory Christman, and still being friends with Barbara Schwarz, I felt encouraged to look more into what Scientology had lied about and look back to Barbara Schwarz's posts and defamation, which prompted me to question if Barbara Schwarz was the account [email protected], which she never answered straight on. I appreciate that she never lied about operating it, that's for sure; never saying one way or the other. She always seemed to dodge the question and I became practically evil overnight to her. I pretty much said to myself, “screw relationships, let's get to the bottom of things” which happens when I really want answers about something. I'm not a great bullshitter when it comes to those sorts of things. Call it a personality quirk, if you must.

The evidence I received about Barbara Schwarz and “cleanschools” was quite convincing. She wouldn't address them, and I was inclined to believe the IP Addresses evidence presented by Robert Griffin were true. I was told that he was a terrible man by Barbara Schwarz, but I have yet to see any evidence of this at all. He seemed very understanding and willing help, as well as expressing his views on the subject.

This was only the beginning of things again.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The Barbara Schwarz thing is relatively simple. She's a full blown paranoiac. She files lawsuits against all sorts of people.

So any dealings one has with her will get filtered through her paranoia.

She is probably being used by OSA. There's evidence that she gets emails from people calling themselves her friends that feed into her anti critic bias. So she's an unwitting OSA op.

As I have mentioned here and there, someone (most assuredly OSA) sent a fake mailing- a faked receipt for sex toys- with Dave Touretzsky's return address though the postmark did NOT match it to several people on a.r.s. I was one, Gary Scarff got one, I think Valerie Emmanuel may've rec'd one and Barbara got one. The result was that she spent months and months and months targetting and vilifying Dave T.

Had that mailing had some other critic's return address on it, that's the person Barbara would have targetted.

Paranoiacs think people are out to get them. The other side of that is that they will feel they have to defend themselves and their loved ones or group from those bad bad people who are trying to destroy them.

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
The Barbara Schwarz thing is relatively simple. She's a full blown paranoiac. She files lawsuits against all sorts of people.

So any dealings one has with her will get filtered through her paranoia.

She is probably being used by OSA. There's evidence that she gets emails from people calling themselves her friends that feed into her anti critic bias. So she's an unwitting OSA op.

Yeah... like the e-mail she said she got from some OSA saying I was a Mormon polygamist.

As I have mentioned here and there, someone (most assuredly OSA) sent a fake mailing- a faked receipt for sex toys- with Dave Touretzsky's return address though the postmark did NOT match it to several people on a.r.s. I was one, Gary Scarff got one, I think Valerie Emmanuel may've rec'd one and Barbara got one. The result was that she spent months and months and months targetting and vilifying Dave T.

Had that mailing had some other critic's return address on it, that's the person Barbara would have targetted.

Paranoiacs think people are out to get them. The other side of that is that they will feel they have to defend themselves and their loved ones or group from those bad bad people who are trying to destroy them.

Yeah, she was trying to say Krystal was some psych or something. That's when we weren't together, though, so it doesn't count now.

everfree

Patron Meritorious
The worst enemy of CoS is a lack of results.

There seem to be more critics of CoS because of a lack of expected results rather than because of suppressives.

Close, Vinaire. There are more critics not just because of "lack of expected results" but because of actual harm and neglect leading to harm whether by SRAs, pressured abortions, neglect of children, extortionary regging, starving staff, or enforced disconnection, though yeah I guess no super duper OT powers after spending half a mill probably annoys people a bit as well.

IMO, of course.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
svonhatten,

It has been said that Barb Schwartz is a bag lady that posts from a public library in Utah.

See this:
Barb Schwartz
Scroll down to Ladayla posts on this.

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
She has her own apartment. But she says she does not want to own her own computer because it keeps getting compromised.

She hasn't said that in quite a while now, and she appears to have her own computer (that she also lets others, like 'cleanschools' 'proxy' over.

I think it's pretty much a given that the computer is 'Church' supplied, although it may be over one or more 'cutouts'.

Zinj

Kilia

Patron with Honors
I think it's pretty much a given that the computer is 'Church' supplied, although it may be over one or more 'cutouts'.

Is there a way to delete this "net nanny" on a computer?

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
Attention Everyone!!

I have not been "OSA'd."

I'm simply going upstate in California with a youth group that I've been hanging out for a while now. I'll be spending a few days up there, so if you don't see me around for a while, don't worry. Just pray that we get up there safely and get back safely.

Part of the time will be spent camping, so pray that I'll be able to handle it. I haven't camped before, but I'm feeling really good about all this. I think this is going to turn into a REALLY good experience.

Anyway, that's all the news for now. I leave Wednesday, and things are booked up the kazoo with activities and things... then packing, and preparation... everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Is there a way to delete this "net nanny" on a computer?

Yes, but, the 'Net Nanny' is pretty irrelevant nowdays. It was only for Windows '95 and I don't know of an update to Windows '98, XP, 2000 etc.

So, nobody has it any more.

Zinj

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes, but, the 'Net Nanny' is pretty irrelevant nowdays. It was only for Windows '95 and I don't know of an update to Windows '98, XP, 2000 etc.

So, nobody has it any more.

Zinj

Is that a fact?

If so, soon there will only be people without computers in Scientology.

Somehow doubt that CoS would let that happen.

V

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Is that a fact?

If so, soon there will only be people without computers in Scientology.

Somehow doubt that CoS would let that happen.

V

I think it's a non issue. The Net Nanny definitely had its purpose (too funny, btw, the DSA at my old Org thought Net Nanny was a pejorative mocking term the "SPs" called it. Actually that's the name of the program.) but it went hand in hand with the let a thousand websites bloom campaign, where people had those happy Scn'ist web pages. I did hear a rumor that, for a time, Flag public was being told to install the net nanny, for the purposes of having a net nanny, but that's also several years ago.

It's just that most of the time, members don't WANT to search out critical sites. They're indoctrinated not to listen to SPs.

Years ago on another forum, a contributor there asked me to talk to a relative still in CofS, since I was out, but practicing Scn and happy, and he thought that might be better- to let this relative know that one doesn't have to be in the cult. But when I reached that person, the person was all like "Yes, but you're DECLARED, right? So I can't talk to you!!"

Indoctrination preps them.

So it's a non issue, mostly.

Public Scn'ists, Mission and Org (non SO) staff- I'm betting that nobody'll say anything about do you own a computer and what's the OS and do you have the net nanny...

SO staff in most, if not all, installations, have been having laptops and cell phones confiscated.