What's new

Lisa Marie has her twins.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm wondering since a lot of actresses are older that they are doing artificial insemination and that is why there are more twins. They usually implant more than one embryo.

Wisened One

Crusader
Yeah, they must be...cuz a lot of these recent twins have been born to actress in their late thirties up to even middle forties! :unsure:

And they do implant more than one embryo.

When I had my transfer done, they implanted three embryo's (I ended preg with one, thank goodness).

But with my first couple, they kept only implanting two embryo's for fear they'd both 'take'...I kept insisting they need to do three, then I'll get preg with one, that way. And sure enough, I never got preg with each transfer (using only two)...they did end up later preg with their own twins, miraculously and they were born just days after I had my surroson.

but then later, with my 2nd (and last) couple, they did three the first time, and boom, I got pregnant with one:)

Last edited:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm wondering since a lot of actresses are older that they are doing artificial insemination and that is why there are more twins. They usually implant more than one embryo.
I heard it was the fertility drugs. :confused2:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Either way they are messing with "mother nature". I'm all for helping a woman get pregnant or having someone carry the baby for a woman. But it's still messing with mother nature.

I've heard of women being implanted with up to 6 embryos and then having to do selective abortions. I couldn't do that. But I also wouldn't want to have a "litter".