What's new

Mike "I'm All About the Crimes" Rinder

JustSheila

Crusader
What does that even mean? ESMB is a message board, not a person. ESMB seems to be anthropomorphised somehow.

No interog necessary. I know the "who". I'm more curious about who agreed with this. It tells me a lot about people.

And you've never liked me either but it never got in the way before and has no bearing on the current topic now.

Good to know. You're a decent person.
I meant that it did not (seem to) originate FROM ESMB. Not from a mod or anyone who would have access to ESMBers and probably not someone PMing others on ESMB.

Actually, I've absolutely loved you on and off. Sometimes you showed some real integrity and you have a sticktoitivness that was completely admirable. You created the Board, you kept it going and most times as an admin, you were pretty awesome. What you went through with the computers being taken by the FBI... :omg: :winner: Recently, you've been a bit unpredictable, though. I really don't get the Alanzo bond, but that's your choice, not mine.

Sometimes you annoyed the hell out of me and I'm sure I annoyed you, too. Doesn't matter. The years you put into ESMB shows your heart was always in the right place and you made a tremendous effort to help exScientologists.

Which makes the Alanzo bond even more perplexing to me, but that doesn't change the above.

You're a decent person, too. And I'd say the same thing backchannel.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Which makes the Alanzo bond even more perplexing to me
Sheila, if the same information was being spread about you back channel, I'd be just as defensive. It's not "who" it's "what".

Alanzo & I share a bond like I share with Bea and like I had with Alan Walter. We were there from the beginning. It's not explainable so I won't try.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Sheila, if the same information was being spread about you back channel, I'd be just as defensive. It's not "who" it's "what".

Alanzo & I share a bond like I share with Bea and like I had with Alan Walter. We were there from the beginning. It's not explainable so I won't try.
I'd do the same.

Attack the person, not the ideas.

:vacuum:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
<snip>

Oh so Alanzo behaves like OSA, but not the people who have investigated him so thoroughly that they have manage to dig up documents that could only be found if they knew intimate details about his life. WHO THE FUCK DOES THIS?????

I'm acting this way because I'm repulsed.

<snip>
@Emma

You've been outraged and repulsed about the OSA-like tactics used against Alanzo, and rightfully so. But you've not expressed outrage against the OSA-like behavior that Alanzo has been demonstrating for the past month. On the contrary, you seem as though you're completely OK with it.

I've been equally outraged and repulsed by Alanzo's behavior towards others over that period.
And clearly I'm not the only one. If you didn't know before, now you know how some of us feel.

I was unaware of the email until you brought it up, and I've never in my life DOX'ed another person on the internet, nor am I OK with it, but Alanzo has been firing live bullets for years now towards many people. It shouldn't come as a surprise to him that others will respond in kind. In actuality, I suspect he may welcome that. Part of his agenda seems to be painting our community in the most negative light possible. (EDIT: Here's an example of this just posted)

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
@Emma
Emma, you clearly have a soft spot for those whose heads are a little (or a whole lot) jumbled up. Compassion is an admirable trait.

There are boundaries, though. They exist to protect you and others.

Did I mention two weeks ago I got called in to a shift where the woman before me had just been punched in the face by a dementia client? They didn't tell me. I would have done the shift, though, even if they had. Those are normally pretty easy situations to handle if you know what you're doing and someone that upset shouldn't be left alone. I had a really smooth shift, most of it very pleasant, actually, except for one moment when the woman mouthed off and insulted another resident at the care home, so I shifted her to a different breakfast table. No big deal.

It's about boundaries. Not just having them, but HOW you enforce them. You can't order someone around who is off his nut, but you can channel that energy somewhere more positive or less destructive and if you really want to help in a big way, you can dig in and resolve the underlying issues.

You say you have a bond with Alanzo, well all his rage and manic toxic spewing isn't resolving his underlying issues. Do what you can for him, if you can, but boundaries. For yourself, too, Ems. People like that can get in your head in a bad way. Crazy can be contagious.

My two cents. Because I like you... (well, most of the time. :coolwink: ) I wish you well and all sorts of happiness.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Speaking personally I think that the sooner this message board is put out of its misery the better for (most) all concerned. I've stayed out of the mudslinging but it's not pretty to watch. It's a great pity that it has to go out this way engulfed in all this animosity. Sorry, but that's me just calling it the way I see it.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Regardless of whether your original statement in this post was true or not (before you edited it), I'll just say that one of my favorite quotes ever is:

View attachment 15794
It's funny you post this quote as while reading, I realize how this community, is made of people who are constantly evolving and changing, most for the better in wisdom gaining. People usually make a point of treating others with fairness, and the way they want to be treated. And this is not such a common behavior on message boards, but was standing out on ESMB. I think it is rooted in Emma wish when she made this board. The leader of a community is always the one who nurture the spirit of the community. It remained deeply rooted on ESMB, no matter what.

.​

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I asked you how many lawsuits against Scientology have produced criminal prosecutions. I said Zero. Was I wrong about that?

And now you want us all to look away from 20 years experience because of some guy they hired to be in the audience to say this to string you along some more?

Tribalism makes a person stupid. Just like in Scientology, forget about the last level - the next level will be the answer to all your problems!

Come on man. WTF up.
So you don't believe the former FBI agent of 29 years? You believe he's just saying what the Aftermath show scripted him to say and the man lacks any integrity?

Rather than insinuate that on a forum where he's not a member, why not confront him directly with your accusations? His contact information is in the link I gave you about him. If we had more than a week remaining before the lights go off here on ESMB I'd invite him here to respond.

Tribalism makes a person stupid.
Speaking of stupidity, your claim that civil lawsuits have no value in bringing CoS to justice is stupid. They most certainly can uncover evidence (via witness testimony taken under oath as well as through the discovery process) that leads to criminal prosecution.

Whether they do lead to criminal prosecution (or not) isn't under control of the litigants. The government is the plaintiff in a criminal prosecution and has full control over the decision on whether or not to prosecute.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
I echo her sentiment.

What happened to treating people fair, should it be upheld only if the other party is acting fair? I don't think so.

Alanzo has done a lot of shit things that he should be held accounted for.

Sounds to me as there are more then one rotten apple in the family. :vacuum:
One thing we know, someone started some shit. What we don't know is who, except those who may be in the loop.

This is one of the things on this board that always irked me, things that should be on backchannel only, end up on the board with the majority not knowing what the hell is going on.

Makes it a public mystery sandwich. Much arguing and finger pointing going on but only a select few seem to have any idea.

Why is this on a thread instead of hashed out some other way between the parties without everyone who isn't in on it trying to figure out who the bad guy is or if there is one at all?

Is this the noisy investigation?

Alanzo has done nothing but disrupt the board since he has been back and now we have the fruits of his return, noisy investigation and finger pointing; innuendo; mystery sandwich; Who's OSA?; Who isn't OSA?. So, once again, the Alanzo experience hits paydirt. It took him a while this time but he got his product: broken trust, frayed relationships and fodder for the new board and he won't even show up there. Well fucking done!

He-man

Hero extraordinary
One thing we know, someone started some shit. What we don't know is who, except those who may be in the loop.

This is one of the things on this board that always irked me, things that should be on backchannel only, end up on the board with the majority not knowing what the hell is going on.

Makes it a public mystery sandwich. Much arguing and finger pointing going on but only a select few seem to have any idea.

Why is this on a thread instead of hashed out some other way between the parties without everyone who isn't in on it trying to figure out who the bad guy is or if there is one at all?

Alanzo has done nothing but disrupt the board since he has been back and now we have the fruits of his return, noisy investigation and finger pointing; innuendo; mystery sandwich; Who's OSA?; Who isn't OSA?. So, once again, the Alanzo experience hits paydirt. It took him a while this time but he got his product: broken trust, frayed relationships and fodder for the new board and he won't even show up there. Well fucking done!
Whale.

I rather know what's going on now and then, instead of sitting singing Kumbaya in the politics forum all day.

What thrust is broken? what relationshops are frayed?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Nice, are you blind?
Sorry, it's been a long day and I'm tired. I'll give you my serious answer too.

In a sense and to different degrees of insanity, we are all broken toys of L Ron Miscabbage.

Looks to me that the relationships frayed were already so before Alanzo hit us up with his current crusade. Looks to me shits been stirring in the pot since 2010ish.

Looks to me that an uneasy "truce" has been in effect to allow everyone to be heard on the board, which has taken the moderates out of the game. The throne was held by Emma, but she didn't take the board the path she wanted to.

Looks to me that thrust was never there to start with.

A forum doesn't stop just because one dude with a big snooker and uncomfortable opinions start flinging his blade around.

Looks to me that the board was set in motion long before I came back.

The more I find out, the more curious I become.

The more answers I get, it adds to my concerns that once this board closes down, the only function I really care for, risk being completely gone from the internet:
A board where freshly outs can land for some time, anonymous, to get their bearings straight so they can start eke out a life free from Scientology. Free from stalking predators. It looks to me though as if that might have already disappeared some time ago, not sure why.

Apparently the Aftermath Foundation is a place where one can get help, I see the Headleys are board members which is great. The others I have no news about so I'm not sure where they stand in all this predatory BS. Anyways, YMMV and all that Jazz.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Sorry, it's been a long day and I'm tired. I'll give you my serious answer too.

-snip-

A board where freshly outs can land for some time, anonymous, to get their bearings straight so they can start eke out a life free from Scientology. Free from stalking predators. It looks to me though as if that might have already disappeared some time ago, not sure why.

-snip-
That's simply not true.

Now you're singing Alanzo's song.

Get some sleep.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
That's simply not true.

Now you're singing Alanzo's song.

Get some sleep.
Oh crap!

Sorry I thought it was my words! Must've forgotten my script at home, sorry you guys!

EDIT: Care to elaborate though Veda, why it isn't true for you? I'd really appreciate your thoughts on it.

EDIT2: Also, like I said, it's a concern of mine, I'm not necessarily saying that it is true, I'm worried that it might be true, become true, or just be whatever. Back channeling donkeys.

Can I go to sleep now? :tobed:

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I totally agree. I have no clue about this mysterious email.

I for sure never got it.

Free Being Me

Crusader
>snip< Alanzo has done nothing but disrupt the board since he has been back and now we have the fruits of his return, noisy investigation and finger pointing; innuendo; mystery sandwich; Who's OSA?; Who isn't OSA?. So, once again, the Alanzo experience hits paydirt. It took him a while this time but he got his product: broken trust, frayed relationships and fodder for the new board and he won't even show up there. Well fucking done!
Who allowed all of the above to occur here?