What's new

New SP Times article: Former Scientology insiders describe a world of coercion

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: The basis of the coercion and Hard Sell

Here are references that are GOSPEL and that are in EVERY reg's and recruiter's "hat pack". These references are DRUMMED into the heads of regges and recruiters. They are crammed on these OVER and OVER and OVER, until they AGREE with every (bogus) statement made by Hubbard. They are drilled over and over to be able to "think with this data" and "use this data" to FORCE parishioners to pay and start services. Some get VERY GOOD at this.

Hubbard was right below when he said, "when that one fact becomes real it all falls into place". It does. If you BELIEVE, if you AGREE, if you are convinced, and if you are "certain" that "Advanced Courses are the most valuable service on the Planet" and that "Advanced Courses rehabilitate the Thetan to his OT abilities and last forever and give immortality", THEN you will stop at nothing to take EVERY PENNY from every prospect. And, often, you will GIVE every penny that you have - because you have "bought into the deception".

Here are CHURCH DOGMA, or Scientology "scriptures", that all Scientologists, and especially regges and recruiters, are brain-washed into accepting and agreeing with:

Hard Sell

If the Captain does not know that Advanced Courses are the most valuable service on the Planet he will not be able to understand HARD SELL. Therefore he must realize: That life insurance, houses, cars, stocks, bonds, college savings, all are transitory and impermanent and based on things not surviving, or on things that are in fact being destroyed.

Advanced Courses rehabilitate the Thetan to his OT abilities and last forever and give immortality.

"Hard sell" is based on knowing and promoting in this line (TRUTH!) and not being reasonable about people who want "other things" or "other practices". There is nothing to compare with Advanced Courses. They are infinitely valuable and transcend time itself.

L. Ron Hubbard
from Flag Mission Order 375
14 August 1970

It is necessary in writing an ad or a flier to assume that the person is going to sign up right now and he is going to take it right now. This is the inference. One does not describe something, one commands something.

You will find that a lot of people are in a more or less hypnotic daze in their aberrated state, and they respond to direct commands in literature and ads. If one does not understand this, and if he doesn't know that Dianetics and Scientology are the most valuable services on the planet, he will not be able to understand hard sell or be able to write good copy.

So realize that you are not offering cars or life insurance or jewelry or stocks or bonds or houses or any of the transitory and impermanent things which are based on things which are not surviving or on things that are in fact being destroyed. You're offering a service that's going to rehabilitate him.

Hard sell means insistence that people buy. It means caring about the person and not being reasonable about stops but caring enough to get him through the stops and barriers to get the service that's going to rehabilitate him.

That is the sole reason for our use of surveys and promotion and marketing in the first place.

When that one fact becomes real it all falls into place and it should be a short step then for a copywriter to produce an ad that attracts, interests, creates want and sells Scientology products and services.

L. Ron Hubbard
from HCO PL 26 Sept 79 III Copywriting

A great deal of Scientology indoctrination involves getting each member to accept and believe - "to know" - that Scientololgy services are the most valuable on the planet. Once you understand THAT about the Scientology mindset, it is easy to understand HOW and WHY they are so fanatical, persistent and forceful.

They actually BELIEVE this nonsense. With all of their hearts and souls.

Realize that this "knowing" in Scientology is actually "believing", as "with faith", as it has NOTHING to do with anything outside of the minds and imaginations of the believers. They "agree" with all Hubbard's many claims and assertions, but most of these are NOT "true". It IS "real to them". That is part of the trick of Scientology - how to make complete nonsense appear as "real".

Part of the lower reference explains how Scientology NEVER "discusses" or "describes" ANYTHING when trying to get you to act or behave. They only and always COMMAND. They run "tight 8C" on you. They aim to "control" your every action. They force you to do what they believe your "reactive mind" is telling you NOT to do!

That is why they have no problem with locking you in a room for 5 or 6 hours, with 5 staff members, and overwhelming the shit out of you until you cave in and PAY. I mean, heck, it isn't really "you" who is being attacked and resisting, it is just that pesky "reactive mind". You will THANK THEM once you "make it to full OT"! (or so they have often said)

Thank you for this post Gadfly.

Hubbard was a criminal abusive asshole! Sorry, normally I try to be as objective and handsome as possible but this had to be said right here and right now.

Love

Markus

lkwdblds

Crusader

Thank you for this post Gadfly.

Hubbard was a criminal abusive asshole! Sorry, normally I try to be as objective and handsome as possible but this had to be said right here and right now.

Love

Markus

Hey Markus - Surprise, I am in agreement with you on this one!! I wanted to make a couple of additional comments about Gadfly's excellent post.

HARD SELL versus CRUSH SELL - As I recall, back in the early 70's there was something called a crush sell or crush regging. This was even more ruthless than a hard sell. There were complaints coming out against crush selling from many public people and Hubbard's Hard Sell pack was put out to establish boundaries as to how far a Hard Sell could be carried. In Hard Selling, almost anything goes, as per the references which Gadfly supplied.

The only things which could not be done were things that were illegal, things that might casue a person to lose their job or things that might make a person unsessionable or PTS.

Illegal things - I experienced this tactic two or three times. I would tell a registrar that my credit cards were maxed out. He would ask for the cards to check them out and I would give them to him. He excused himself and went into a back room for 5 minutes and then emerged and told me that two cards were maxed out but one of them still had $3,000 available. He would then try to get me to use the $3,000 and I would refuse. After a heated debate, I would leave the Org. When my credit card bill arrived at the end of the month, I found out the reg had charged the $3,000 without my permission or knowledge. Each time this happened, I called my bank and had the charges reversed. The FBO from the Org would eventually call me and demand payment and I would tell him to get lost. Each FBO backed off when I explained that I had not been notified that the money was taken.

Other things in this category had to do with taking postulate checks, where a check was written and counted on the Gross Income but there was no money in the bank to cover the check. Finally, there was a viscious tactic where when one's credit card was used, the Org would keep a duplicate of the transaction in their files. Later on, if they were having a bad week, they might draw down on your credit card without letting you know, calling the transaction an Advance Payment for auditing.

This caused my blood to boil and and I wrote it up. Eventually, this practice, being illegal, stopped happening.

Things Necessary for One to Work and Earn Money This usually had to do with hard regging a guy to sell his car to pay for services. When it was pointed out that if he did not have his car, he could not get to work and earn money for services, the reg would always back off.

Things which Interfered with Sessions This usually had to do with being awoken by a reg while one was asleep. When I was new, I was getting audited on Life Repair and went to bed about 10:30 at night so that I would be sessionable. Around 11:00 PM some young guy from the reg office showed up at my house trying to sell me a package of some sort. I started screaming at him and slammed the door in his face. The bad thing was that I was so upset that I could not get to sleep and was not sessionable in the morning. I had to call in to cancel the session. I wrote huge knowledge reports on this and the practice was halted. The young guy who came over later called up and apologized.

For years, actually decades, I believed that Scn services were priceless and were of infinite value. Time after time, I would give in after hours long reg cycles. The bottom line is when you get up into your 60's and 70's, usually you do not have much in financial assetts because the Orgs were taking everything you made for all those years.
Lakey

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
In 1973 or 1974 I had used all my available cash and credit for courses HSDC and LR and Dianetic auditing. I was starting to be able to buy shoes and new jeans at least. I was having fun on course with my friends.

It had been 7-8 months or so since my last auditing and I was nearing the last page of the HSDC check list When I was told HSDC was being superseded by NED. HSDC would no longer be delivered. I was to pay in full for NED and start right away. I did and several weeks later The Reg wanted to see me

I went and talked to Tom. Tom said Its been a while since your last auditing. I said yes but I could not afford any more debt. He said the ED said I should have been done with my HSDC and NED by now. And the D of P looking over my folders said I needed badly to get more auditing. I explained I had been maxed out and didn't have the credit history to get more credit. I was 22 years old.

To make a long story short;
The thing that almost made me go postal was, Tom said the ED (whom I didn't like anyway) said to show me the policy or what ever on slow or no progress up the bridge. The point was If I didn't pull off a significant auditing purchase I was at risk of being declared SP and expelled.

This hit me like a ton of bricks. He obviously saw I was in shock and starting to justify, so he said Yeah the Emotion and Reaction you are feeling is your BANK. It doesn't want you to get better and more able.

You have been in Scientology long enough to know you have to rise above the BANK.

I didn't fully buy his premise I was thinking with my BANK and irrationally reacting BS. I was about ready to come over his desk an kick his ass and the ED's too for not recognizing I was an able person doing the best I could. But, there was just enough doubt seeded and curiosity of what the auditing could do. I went along with it.

Well I did pull off buying 100 hrs after Tom urgently calling my work 3 times a day. Every time I'd get a call it was so embarrassing We were not to have personal calls during work hours. Tom knew that was a button for me and kept calling daily until I had the cash in his hands. His daily calls to me irritated my supervisor and put me in a bad light. :hide:

Needless to say when I started my auditing the first few hours were handling my upset over this threat of SP expulsion and belittlement.:violent:

Its evil to coerce someone into mistrusting their own thoughts and identity. It turns them into a dependant slave. Which after all, is the whole idea behind Scientology management and the Mystery Sandwich AKA "the Bridge".

Markus

Hey Markus - Surprise, I am in agreement with you on this one!! I wanted to make a couple of additional comments about Gadfly's excellent post.

HARD SELL versus CRUSH SELL - As I recall, back in the early 70's there was something called a crush sell or crush regging. This was even more ruthless than a hard sell. There were complaints coming out against crush selling from many public people and Hubbard's Hard Sell pack was put out to establish boundaries as to how far a Hard Sell could be carried. In Hard Selling, almost anything goes, as per the references which Gadfly supplied.

The only things which could not be done were things that were illegal, things that might casue a person to lose their job or things that might make a person unsessionable or PTS.

Illegal things - I experienced this tactic two or three times. I would tell a registrar that my credit cards were maxed out. He would ask for the cards to check them out and I would give them to him. He excused himself and went into a back room for 5 minutes and then emerge and told me that two cards were maxed out but one of them still had $3,000l available. He would then try to get me to use the $3,000 and I would refuse. After a heated debate, I would leave the Org. When my credit card bill arrived at the end of the month, I found out the reg had charged the $3,000 without my permission or knowledge. Each time this happened, I called my bank and had the charges reversed. The FBO from the Org would eventually call me and demand payment and I would tell him to get lost. Each FBO backed off when I explained that I had not been notified that the money was taken.

Other things in this category had to do with taking postulate checks, where a check was written and counted on the Gross Income but there was no money in the bank to cover the check. Finally, there was a viscious tactic where when one's credit card was used, the Org would keep a duplicate of the transaction in their files. Later on, if they were having a bad week, they might draw down on your credit card without letting you know, calling the transaction an Advance Payment for auditing.

Hell and wrote this up. Eventually, this practiced, being illegal, stopped happening.

Things Necessary for One to Work and Earn Money This usually had to do with hard regging a guy to sell his car to pay for services. When it was pointed out that if he did not have his car, he could not get to work and earn money for services, the reg would always back off.

Things which Interfered with Sessions This usually had to do with being awoken by a reg while one was asleep. When I was new, I was getting audited on Life Repair and went to bed about 10:30 at night so that I would be sessionable. Around 11:00 PM some young guy from the reg office showed up at my house trying to sell me a package of some sort. I started screaming at him and slammed the door in his face. The bad thing was that I was so upset that I could not get to sleep and was not sessionable in the morning. I had to call in to cancel the session. I wrote huge knowledge reports on this and the practice was halted. The young guy who came over later called up and apologized.

For years, actually decades, I believed that Scn services were priceless and were of infinite value. Time after time, I would give in after hours long reg cycles. The bottom line is when you get up into your 60's and 70's, usually you do not have much in financial assetts because the Orgs were taking everything you made for all those years.
Lakey

1985 one and a half year after I blew from staff in Mission Ulm my mother told me that two Sea Org registrars from AOSH EU in Copenhagen were on their way to our home in Friedrichshafen. As far as I know they traveled through all Europe to "reg" people who were stuck somewhere on the bridge. My mum was "Clear" then but she had no money at all because she already had spent more than 100 000 Deutsche Mark for Scientology services and training. She finished an education as a dressmaker before she married my dad. She stopped working in this profession to raise four children since 1963.
After the death of my youngest brother 1975 my parents were lured into the cult 1976. 1978 they were divorced because my dad "loved" his secretary. One year before he started to work as a full time staff member and gave up his well paid job at "Magirus Deutz" in Ulm. First he founded mission Ulm, then he went to Stuttgart Org to clear this planet. Of course he was not able to pay the maintenance for us children earning only some hundred Marks a month. We children were not stupid and choose to live with our mother when the judge asked us in 1978, because it was very clear to us that our dad was an egoistic and unreliable person. We had to leave our home in Oberelchingen because mum could not pay the rent any longer. She could not find a job as a dressmaker, so she started to work as a ward aid in the university clinic Ulm. When my grandparents needed help because my grandma was very ill my mum moved back to Friedrichshafen to help them. So she started to work in the "Stiftung Liebenau" which is a big Roman Catholic foundation in southern Germany (Bodenseekreis) which is helping handicapped and old people. When these two Registrars from Copenhagen called she just had started her education as a nurse for handicapped people. She was 44 years old then. She earned about 1000 Marks a month - about 750 Dollars at that time I guess. My grandma just died and my mum had inherited the house of my grandparents. Somehow these money hungry monsters must have heard about this inheritance. The house was very old - year of building 1893. So she had to spend a lot of money into renovations all the time. It was a beautiful house with a huge garden - everybody simply called it the "Gebhardswinkel" where the neighbourhood and family and the many friends of my mum met in the garden to have a cup of coffee, to grill, or to have a huge garden party.
Everybody was welcome to enjoy this wonderful place whenever my mum had time but in fact my mum was poor - she only had the house and the huge best situated property which was worth about 900000 Deutsche Mark then. And she promised my grandma before she died to never sell this property so that this wonderful place would be there for family and friends forever.
My mum knew exactly what these two men wanted from her, so she asked me to be there when they arrived at our home. I should help her not to buy any more Auditing or Training. She just started to renovate large parts of the house, and she was very aware that she could not spend one more “Pfennig” for Scientology services.
I was 20 years young then. I just escaped from Sea Org slavery one and a half year ago but I was there in our living room to assist her in her fight against these fraudulent, criminal monsters.
Of course both of us were not thinking in such terms about Sea Org members then. Both of us were still partly brainwashed and had huge respect. The registrars arrived at about 6 in the evening. Both dressed in their Sea Org uniform. One of them was speaking German the other one only English. First they were very friendly and asked why my mum has not started her OT Levels yet. We explained the situation of the family with the illness of grandma and her recent death, the house which urgently needed renovations, that my mum just had started he education, that she has no money at all and that there are still the aggregated liabilities for the Auditing and Training which she already finished. All this was already only possible to buy because she asked grandma to mortgage the house and property.
So the property had already a huge burden of guilt before these two mafia gangsters arrived.
Yes this is exactly how I see this today- Scientology is a Mafia like criminal organization. And the evil game they played with my mum was worse than in a Mafia movie. In fact they threatened her with death. After it was clear that my mum was not willing to pay even for one “intensive” they started to tell her how dangerous it is to be "Clear" without starting the “OT Levels” very soon. If she would not do the OT Levels right now she would get seriously ill or she could even die. They explained to her that this is what Hubbard just recently found out. She had to do these OT-Levels NOW! My mum was shocked and totally intimidated so she started to agree to start with the OT Levels and asked what this would cost her. When the guy told her the price I thought "WTF" and said “NO WAY! My mum has NO MONEY at all we can not pay this - this will completely ruin her financially!”
But I had no chance, no chance at all. I tried to minimize the sum to 80 000 Deutsche Mark but my mum bought Auditing and Training for 180 000 DM at this evening. I was sitting there totally frustrated knowing that my mum just has sold all what three generations had worked for all of their life. She sold it to the devil.
Next day she had to go to the bank in order to sign all the papers. The registrars stayed until everything was managed and the money was transfered to Copenhagen then these hungry, avaricious locusts disappeared and were never seen again. Mum was financially ruined for the rest of her life.

So Lakey in which category does this story fall for you?

Purple Rain

Crusader

1985 one and a half year after I blew from staff in Mission Ulm my mother told me that two Sea Org registrars from AOSH EU in Copenhagen were on their way to our home in Friedrichshafen. As far as I know they traveled through all Europe to "reg" people who were stuck somewhere on the bridge. My mum was "Clear" then but she had no money at all because she already had spent more than 100 000 Deutsche Mark for Scientology services and training. She finished an education as a dressmaker before she married my dad. She stopped working in this profession to raise four children since 1963.
After the death of my youngest brother 1975 my parents were lured into the cult 1976. 1978 they were divorced because my dad "loved" his secretary. One year before he started to work as a full time staff member and gave up his well paid job at "Magirus Deutz" in Ulm. First he founded mission Ulm, then he went to Stuttgart Org to clear this planet. Of course he was not able to pay the maintenance for us children earning only some hundred Marks a month. We children were not stupid and choose to live with our mother when the judge asked us in 1978, because it was very clear to us that our dad was an egoistic and unreliable person. We had to leave our home in Oberelchingen because mum could not pay the rent any longer. She could not find a job as a dressmaker, so she started to work as a ward aid in the university clinic Ulm. When my grandparents needed help because my grandma was very ill my mum moved back to Friedrichshafen to help them. So she started to work in the "Stiftung Liebenau" which is a big Roman Catholic foundation in southern Germany (Bodenseekreis) which is helping handicapped and old people. When these two Registrars from Copenhagen called she just had started her education as a nurse for handicapped people. She was 44 years old then. She earned about 1000 Marks a month - about 750 Dollars at that time I guess. My grandma just died and my mum had inherited the house of my grandparents. Somehow these money hungry monsters must have heard about this inheritance. The house was very old - year of building 1893. So she had to spend a lot of money into renovations all the time. It was a beautiful house with a huge garden - everybody simply called it the "Gebhardswinkel" where the neighbourhood and family and the many friends of my mum met in the garden to have a cup of coffee, to grill, or to have a huge garden party.
Everybody was welcome to enjoy this wonderful place whenever my mum had time but in fact my mum was poor - she only had the house and the huge best situated property which was worth about 900000 Deutsche Mark then. And she promised my grandma before she died to never sell this property so that this wonderful place would be there for family and friends forever.
My mum knew exactly what these two men wanted from her, so she asked me to be there when they arrived at our home. I should help her not to buy any more Auditing or Training. She just started to renovate large parts of the house, and she was very aware that she could not spend one more “Pfennig” for Scientology services.
I was 20 years young then. I just escaped from Sea Org slavery one and a half year ago but I was there in our living room to assist her in her fight against these fraudulent, criminal monsters.
Of course both of us were not thinking in such terms about Sea Org members then. Both of us were still partly brainwashed and had huge respect. The registrars arrived at about 6 in the evening. Both dressed in their Sea Org uniform. One of them was speaking German the other one only English. First they were very friendly and asked why my mum has not started her OT Levels yet. We explained the situation of the family with the illness of grandma and her recent death, the house which urgently needed renovations, that my mum just had started he education, that she has no money at all and that there are still the aggregated liabilities for the Auditing and Training which she already finished. All this was already only possible to buy because she asked grandma to mortgage the house and property.
So the property had already a huge burden of guilt before these two mafia gangsters arrived.
Yes this is exactly how I see this today- Scientology is a Mafia like criminal organization. And the evil game they played with my mum was worse than in a Mafia movie. In fact they threatened her with death. After it was clear that my mum was not willing to pay even for one “intensive” they started to tell her how dangerous it is to be "Clear" without starting the “OT Levels” very soon. If she would not do the OT Levels right now she would get seriously ill or she could even die. They explained to her that this is what Hubbard just recently found out. She had to do these OT-Levels NOW! My mum was shocked and totally intimidated so she started to agree to start with the OT Levels and asked what this would cost her. When the guy told her the price I thought "WTF" and said “NO WAY! My mum has NO MONEY at all we can not pay this - this will completely ruin her financially!”
But I had no chance, no chance at all. I tried to minimize the sum to 80 000 Deutsche Mark but my mum bought Auditing and Training for 180 000 DM at this evening. I was sitting there totally frustrated knowing that my mum just has sold all what three generations had worked for all of their life. She sold it to the devil.
Next day she had to go to the bank in order to sign all the papers. The registrars stayed until everything was managed and the money was transfered to Copenhagen then these hungry, avaricious locusts disappeared and were never seen again. Mum was financially ruined for the rest of her life.

Oh, Markus! That does make my blood boil for you and your mum. Fancy telling her she would die! If only you knew then what you know now. We just have to keep telling the world these stories - let all the vulnerable people know that they are liars and conmen and frauds. Thanks so much for sharing that story. Maybe one day you will have a chance to get your beautiful home back, and perhaps other generations of your family may yet share it, who knows?

Markus

Oh, Markus! That does make my blood boil for you and your mum. Fancy telling her she would die! If only you knew then what you know now. We just have to keep telling the world these stories - let all the vulnerable people know that they are liars and conmen and frauds. Thanks so much for sharing that story. Maybe one day you will have a chance to get your beautiful home back, and perhaps other generations of your family may yet share it, who knows?

Unfortunately that will never ever happen, because the house is pulled down, the garden is leveled and new modern buildings are built there already. I can not describe how I felt, when I was visiting the "Gebhardswinkel" one day and saw only a big hole where 6 Generations of my family once lived and loved for more than 110 years.

Love

Markus

lkwdblds

Crusader
In 1973 or 1974 I had used all my available cash and credit for courses HSDC and LR and Dianetic auditing. I was starting to be able to buy shoes and new jeans at least. I was having fun on course with my friends.

It had been 7-8 months or so since my last auditing and I was nearing the last page of the HSDC check list When I was told HSDC was being superseded by NED. HSDC would no longer be delivered. I was to pay in full for NED and start right away. I did and several weeks later The Reg wanted to see me

I went and talked to Tom. Tom said Its been a while since your last auditing. I said yes but I could not afford any more debt. He said the ED said I should have been done with my HSDC and NED by now. And the D of P looking over my folders said I needed badly to get more auditing. I explained I had been maxed out and didn't have the credit history to get more credit. I was 22 years old.

The thing that almost made me go postal was, Tom said the ED (whom I didn't like anyway) said to show me the policy or what ever on slow or no progress up the bridge. The point was If I didn't pull off a significant auditing purchase I was at risk of being declared SP and expelled.

This hit me like a ton of bricks. He obviously saw I was in shock and starting to justify, so he said Yeah the Emotion and Reaction you are feeling is your BANK. It doesn't want you to get better and more able.

You have been in Scientology long enough to know you have to rise above the BANK.

I didn't fully buy his premise I was thinking with my BANK and irrationally reacting BS. I was about ready to come over his desk an kick his ass and the ED's too for not recognizing I was an able person doing the best I could. But, there was just enough doubt seeded and curiosity of what the auditing could do. I went along with it.

Well I did pull off buying 100 hrs after Tom urgently calling my work 3 times a day. Every time I'd get a call it was so embarrassing We were not to have personal calls during work hours. Tom knew that was a button for me and kept calling daily until I had the cash in his hands. His daily calls to me irritated my supervisor and put me in a bad light. :hide:

Needless to say when I started my auditing the first few hours were handling my upset over this threat of SP expulsion and belittlement.:violent:

Its evil to coerce someone into mistrusting their own thoughts and identity. It turns them into a dependant slave. Which after all, is the whole idea behind Scientology management and the Mystery Sandwich AKA "the Bridge".

Great story Looker! You were very productive and hard working and were paying in to them and making things go right and you end up being threatened with expulsion if you don't buy more auditing.

The thing I find amusing, though I am sure that you didn't at the time. is that you were being given a "wrong item" by the ED and the Reg. Per Hubbard's own tech, when someone is given a wrong item, their indicators go out. You reacted as you should have, per his own tech, and for doing so, you were threatened with an SP declare. This is so incredibly bizarre it is unbelievable.

Another thing is that you were trying to put in finance policy, as per Hubbard. He had the datum in his Treasury Division policy that income must be greater than expenses. You, as well the most of the rest of us, were trying to put in sound finance policy but the Org's invalidated us for doing it and demanded that you reject that policy. They cherry picked which of Hubbard's policies they wanted everyone to follow - always choosing only those that led to more money in their coffers.
Lakey

Kingsley or Clay?

lkwdblds

Crusader

Hi Markus! Without knowing any more, I would classify it as a Crush Reg Cycle. I remember that at that time, registrars were using something called the "Non Interference Zone". I think the idea was they didn't want someone to attain Clear and then just stop so they said that people Clear and above were in the "Non Interference Zone" until they completed OTIII. We were all told that we would become ill and might die if we didn't quickly proceed up through OTIII.

The guys were not making this up, it was official Hubbard Policy. I used to believe that it was true when I was in. Now that I am out and I did OT III, I believe the Non Interference Zone was just another story to scare people into paying for the OT levels.

So that I can better understand your story, could you please tell us how your mother did on this OT package for which she paid 180.000 DM. I am asking if the entire 180K was just a complete loss or did she, at the time, feel that any of the OT Level auditing was doing her some good?

Also, your story reads like a travel guide through Germany. Friedrickshaffen and Ulm, especially are very nice places, right?

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Unfortunately that will never ever happen, because the house is pulled down, the garden is leveled and new modern buildings are built there already. I can not describe how I felt, when I was visiting the "Gebhardswinkel" one day and saw only a big hole where 6 Generations of my family once lived and loved for more than 110 years.

Love

Markus

Aw man...... :bigcry:

Your story is heartbreaking, like so many others. I, for one, am glad you are a good man Markus, and thank you for sharing so much with people here over the last few years, you've been through a hell of a lot, and yet, you shine with yer big being.

:cheers: & *bow* & :cheers:

Ogs

Purple Rain

Crusader

Love

Markus

Sad.png

Scientology always seems to take the things that can never be given back.

Markus

Hi Markus! Without knowing any more, I would classify it as a Crush Reg Cycle. I remember that at that time, registrars were using something called the "Non Interference Zone". I think the idea was they didn't want someone to attain Clear and then just stop so they said that people Clear and above were in the "Non Interference Zone" until they completed OTIII. We were all told that we would become ill and might die if we didn't quickly proceed up through OTIII.

The guys were not making this up, it was official Hubbard Policy. I used to believe that it was true when I was in. Now that I am out and I did OT III, I believe the Non Interference Zone was just another story to scare people into paying for the OT levels.

So that I can better understand your story, could you please tell us how your mother did on this OT package for which she paid 180.000 DM. I am asking if the entire 180K was just a complete loss or did she, at the time, feel that any of the OT Level auditing was doing her some good?

Also, your story reads like a travel guide through Germany. Friedrickshaffen and Ulm, especially are very nice places, right?

In my opinion the 180 000 DM were a complete loss. My mum felt the same about it after she managed to see through Hubbards lies in the last years of her life. In fact there was still a huge amount of the money left when mum died. In the first years she could not even pay the costs for the hotel in Copenhagen, then she had simply no interest and after she knew that the church lied to her about the illness of her son Uwe and was hindering her in helping him with proper medicine she was completely frustrated. Then 2004 she became very ill and died only a few months later.

Yes Lakey, Friedrichshafen is a beautiful small town at the Lake of Constance where Graf Zeppelin once built the Zeppelin. Ulm is a very old city - a "Alte Reichstadt" built in the early middle ages. It is located at the "Donau", was almost completely destroyed in WW II, but it was built up after the war and especially the "Fischerviertel" next to the river is one of the most beautiful historic placed in Germany. And still there is the "Ulmer Münster" with its highest church tower of the world 161 Meters high from where you can look down to the beautiful city and towards south you can see the "Alpenvorland" and even the "Alpen" when you are lucky. I will see if I find some pictures for you and will attach them tonight if you are interested.

Love
Markus

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, Markus, the co$ has taken so much from you and your family. :bigcry: Many Blessings on you and yours. And thank you for what you are doing. :yes:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
You know, Markus, a story about your brother in the Village Voice or SP Times would be a great way to commemorate him. Wonder if they'd be interested?

Edit: You know, most critics have heard about the Lisa McPherson story. As tragic as it is, I think it can be made out to be a one-time tragic, but isolated, occurrence. That's why I think you should try to get a story about your brother published by one of the papers that does these stories.

lkwdblds

Crusader

In my opinion the 180 000 DM were a complete loss. My mum felt the same about it after she managed to see through Hubbards lies in the last years of her life. In fact there was still a huge amount of the money left when mum died. In the first years she could not even pay the costs for the hotel in Copenhagen, then she had simply no interest and after she knew that the church lied to her about the illness of her son Uwe and was hindering her in helping him with proper medicine she was completely frustrated. Then 2004 she became very ill and died only a few months later.

Yes Lakey, Friedrichshafen is a beautiful small town at the Lake of Constance where Graf Zeppelin once built the Zeppelin. Ulm is a very old city - a "Alte Reichstadt" built in the early middle ages. It is located at the "Donau", was almost completely destroyed in WW II, but it was built up after the war and especially the "Fischerviertel" next to the river is one of the most beautiful historic placed in Germany. And still there is the "Ulmer Münster" with its highest church tower of the world 161 Meters high from where you can look down to the beautiful city and towards south you can see the "Alpenvorland" and even the "Alpen" when you are lucky. I will see if I find some pictures for you and will attach them tonight if you are interested.

Love
Markus

Thanks for the reply Markus. I suspected that the 180,000 was a total waste but was hoping that your Mother might have felt she had got something out of it. It is sad that you went to her house specifically to make sure the reg cycle failed and yet by the reges making her believe that she would get ill and might die if she did not do that auditing they were able to take the 180,000 from her. I would definitely consider that a crush reg. What is illegal about it? I would say that they were practicing medicine without a license.

I traveled to Germany and Austria in June of 2009 and visited Karlo 57 from ESMB at his villa near St. Polten, Austria, about 40 miles outside of Vienna in the Vienna Woods of Johann Strauss fame.

I had been in Germany as a young man of 27 and visited Berlin, including East Berlin. I went to East Berlin by myself on the U bahn, getting off at Karl Marx Platz station. I walked around on the streets of the once fashionable Unter den Linden district, had lunch there, bought a wallet and took a bus tour.

In June, 2009 I wanted to go back to that area and see what it was like now that it was reconnected to the western part of Berlin. Things had really changed to say the least! I wanted very much to visit Leipzig and Dresden. Unfortuneately, I did not have time to stop there but did take a train through both of those great cities. I had my face pressed to the windows of the train trying to see as much as I could.

Where I did stop is in Frantfurt am Main and Berlin and from Frankfurt, my Son and I took an excursion to Heidleberg, the old University town in the hills. Heidleberg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, absolutely incredible!! Frankfurt is quite impressive with its many skyscraper buildings, the only city in Germany with skyscrapers, except one such building in Bonn. Berlin is really a great destination to visit as well. It reminds me of a combination between New York City and Los Angeles as far as the way it is laid out. Of course the architecture and culture are quite different from those two US cities.

It is true that the 161 meter tall Cathedral in Ulm was left unharmed in the late stages of WWII. It is really a good thing that the allies respected that incredible architectual treasure.
Lakey

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

It is true that the 161 meter tall Cathedral in Ulm was left unharmed in the late stages of WWII. It is really a good thing that the allies respected that incredible architectual treasure.
Lakey

After the unconscionable way they firestormed the civilians in Dresden I doubt that respect figured into their planning at all.

Paul

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious

After the unconscionable way they firestormed the civilians in Dresden I doubt that respect figured into their planning at all.

Paul

Yes, that's true. Cologne was pretty much turned into rubble, but the cathedral (the dome) was left almost unharmed. People still say that God held his hand over this building to make sure it wasn't destroyed. (It would've been easier though if God had prevented Hitler from gaining power.)

Purple Rain

Crusader

Yes, that's true. Cologne was pretty much turned into rubble, but the cathedral (the dome) was left almost unharmed. People still say that God held his hand over this building to make sure it wasn't destroyed. (It would've been easier though if God had prevented Hitler from gaining power.)

Any god that cared more about saving the buildings than the people has issues, in my opinion.