What's new

OSA Defector Comes Out of Hiding

Re: Costa Rica

Welcome to ESMB Watchful Navigator. We are all looking forward to some juicy stories whenever you are so inclined. I read your Blog. Thank you for that. I had the idea that Costa Rica is a small country with little Scientology influence. I don't quite understand why OSA would have any interest there and I would greatly appreciate your filling me in on this.:yes:

Thank You, Dean, for getting the ball rolling.

And thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it. I keep looking for the answer to my collapsed universe hunting for a "Tu-Dee" (Scientologese for "sweetheart") - and that is a big part of the pain - but the fact is I had no idea how much of that charge is actually on losing a group.

(Until I posted last night and could not sleep for hours...) :blush:

Now around 2002, after getting the new "you better hunt for SPs" implant:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/ten-commandments-of-scientology-inc/#comment-208453

I'd decided I'd had enough of the threat of missionaire invasions into the org. (We'd always done just fine without them.) So without fully admitting to myself that I'd about had it with the Organization, which was about to start its final phase of destruction, the "Ideal Orgs" scam, I started for the first time in my 9 years thus far, on staff, having "other-intentions" :ohmy:

Doubts! :ohmy: Not about Scientology, per se, nor Hubbard. Doubts about continuing the wacky-insane lifestyle of full-time schoolteacher (5th Grade History in those years) and spending late nights on post at the org - years in the same old grind "cuz we wer gonna go St hill size!" :happydance:
:melodramatic:

The schedule was grueling and taking its toll. For almost 10 years I had worked 70-90 hours a week and was faithfully "investing" the fruits of my labors into "saving planet Earth"

:clap: :clap: :clap:
- I! - A! - S! -

Celibate for over a decade, with two disastrously failed attempts at a 'Tu-Dee' before that, I started wanting to meet someone of the opposite sex, finish my staff contract and get married.:):p

You see, the reason I was working a "wog" job, was that I was required to pay child support for my daughter of the first failed marriage. (CSW* approved!) Well before I was assigned to be DSA, OSA told CCInt they could not bring me on the full org schedule and deny me working out of the org, or Legal Rudiments would be OUT!

*CSW=Completed Staff Work. I had to petition to get permission to work an outside job away from the cult.
*DSA=Director of Special Affairs - local boy for Office of Special Affairs (trained to spy...)
Well, after a few failed attempts dating locally, (one of whom I got started on the Bridge!) :omg:

...I was approached over the Internet, on-line dating (FreeSpiritSingles - s/g like that) by a Costa Rican Scientologist.

And yes - I DID need a CSW to do that!

:nervous: "Sir, like, would it be okay if I'm seeing this girl - she's in good standing and all - she makes case gain..." :nervous: "er, uh, sign here?" :wink2: "Gee, er, uh, thanks, boss!"

Aw, geez, this is embarrassing! :omg: Now I have to show you the CSW!

The price of "telling all"...

Hunting it up...:unsure:

Re: OSA Agents Need Permission to Enter Outside Relationships

A/OSA NW ESTAB AIDE OSAWUS 12 April 2003
CO OSAWUS
Info: ESTAB AIDE OSA INT
------------------
DSA CCDAL

Re: DSA Security Clearance and 2D report

Dear Sir:

I am writing to inform you of my current scene in regards to a 2D.

Since early March 2003 a more or less serious relationship is ongoing between a woman from Costa Rica, Tatiana xxxxxx xxxxxx, and myself.

This consists of writing back and forth – e-mails, letters, chat sessions, pictures. We have not met in the physical universe. We met when she e-mailed me out of interest in my thetasingles.com website posting.

She is a Scientologist (age 35) and a mother of two sons, age 10 and 7. She has served on staff at the mission of San Jose as Treasury Secretary, for a 2 ½ year contract period. She has stated that she routed off mission staff standardly and remained in good standing. She is at the same case level (ARC SW) and at almost the same training level. She volunteers time at the mission and teaches mathematics at the University.

I cannot know this for sure, but I am of the impression that she fits the description of “Scientologist that makes good case gain” as called for in the DSA issue on Security Clearances.

She is coming to visit at the end of April 2003 and will stay from 25 Apr through 07 May at my parent’s house. I am planning on adjusting my post schedule and teaching schedule to some degree but only taking a limited amount of time off, and that mainly from teaching a day or two.

Later on in the summer, if all goes well on this line, I have plans to CSW for a couple weeks down in Costa Rica over the last part of July 2003.

This report is to provide data on this lifestyle change so that the current scene is known.

Tatiana understands that I do not talk about the details of my work on the DSA post and does not have a problem with it.

I am sure that more data is available if needed, from the mission of Costa Rica.

This Is Okay,

Scott Gordon
DSA CCDAL

Re: OSA Agents Need Permission to Enter Outside Relationships

...I am planning on adjusting my post schedule and teaching schedule to some degree but only taking a limited amount of time off, and that mainly from teaching a day or two.

That got me in trouble! :yes:

The Grrl flew all the way from Costa Rica to see me - and I was afraid to ask time off post??! :duh:

I came home from school one day and her bags were packed! :ohmy:

I had to turn on the charm! :eyeroll:

Oh, the high-wire tension of hot matters on the DSA post where the "fate of nations is hanging in the balance" - vs. - having met the sweetest, lovingest woman EVER! :happydance::eyeroll:

Here is the true story of the magic we made on that visit (in "fairy tale format" for my students, and all you incurable romantics, like me) :eyeroll:

http://watchfulnavigator.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/the-story-of-the-magic-ring/

Anonycat

Crusader

And thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it. I keep looking for the answer to my collapsed universe hunting for a "Tu-Dee" (Scientologese for "sweetheart") - and that is a big part of the pain - but the fact is I had no idea how much of that charge is actually on losing a group.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/ten-commandments-of-scientology-inc/#comment-208453

I'd decided I'd had enough of the threat of missionaire invasions into the org. (We'd always done just fine without them.) So without fully admitting to myself that I'd about had it with the Organization, which was about to start its final phase of destruction, the "Ideal Orgs" scam, I started for the first time in my 9 years thus far, on staff, having "other-intentions" :ohmy:

Doubts! :ohmy: Not about Scientology, per se, nor Hubbard. Doubts about continuing the wacky-insane lifestyle of full-time schoolteacher (5th Grade History in those years) and spending late nights on post at the org - years in the same old grind "cuz we wer gonna go St hill size!" :happydance:

The schedule was grueling and taking its toll. For almost 10 years I had worked 70-90 hours a week and was faithfully "investing" the fruits of my labors into "saving planet Earth"

- I! - A! - S! -

Celibate for over a decade, with two disastrously failed attempts at a 'Tu-Dee' before that, I started wanting to meet someone of the opposite sex, finish my staff contract and get married.:):p

You see, the reason I was working a "wog" job, was that I was required to pay child support for my daughter of the first failed marriage. (CSW* approved!) Well before I was assigned to be DSA, OSA told CCInt they could not bring me on the full org schedule and deny me working out of the org, or Legal Rudiments would be OUT!

*CSW=Completed Staff Work. I had to petition to get permission to work an outside job away from the cult.
*DSA=Director of Special Affairs - local boy for Office of Special Affairs (trained to spy...)
Well, after a few failed attempts dating locally, (one of whom I got started on the Bridge!) :omg:

...I was approached over the Internet, on-line dating (FreeSpiritSingles - s/g like that) by a Costa Rican Scientologist.

:nervous: "Sir, like, would it be okay if I'm seeing this girl - she's in good standing and all - she makes case gain..." :nervous: "er, uh, sign here?" :wink2: "Gee, er, uh, thanks, boss!"

[video=youtube;fQ7uXX9K7Sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7uXX9K7Sk[/video]

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

- I! - A! - S! -

Don't be embarrassed...we all have our "cringes" we need to get over with...you were honest and trusting...and that is nothing to be embarrassed about!!

Funny how the Cult of Scientology Organization NEVER has to make sure they are ethical or legal...they hide behind their religious cloak and commit crimes daily....and FORCE members to commit them on behalf of the evil cult!! CRINGE is the EP of getting out of scientology.

Big Hug to you!!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Hello Everyone :blush:

Okay, so I wasn't actually so much "hiding" as "lurking." :nervous:

A habit stuck with me from my "under the radar" days (last two years 2010-2011 in Costa Rica) and I realized I'd decided to stay away from ESMB and "out of trouble" :hysterical: and have entered some tech threads by stealth without knocking here on the front door and getting to know you folks...

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

- A! -R! -C! -

To tell you the truth, I have had some nice gains since being out, but I am still lonely and caved-in - there is no remedy in "the tech" for quickly repairing a shattered life. :no:

However, there is an amazing recovery story somewhere in there, and OSA has no idea how rebounded I have been. From dollar-a-day living in a third world country, to flat-broke on foodstamps arrival in the states (and in full culture shock), to Academy student getting a PTS Rundown on DM et al on the sly, to declared SP, to full-time, "independent" Life Improvement counselor (yes, still working with "the tech") :melodramatic: - but hey - that's "independent" from the "independents" as well. :hysterical:

Okay...

OSA = former DSA Costa Rica; DSA CCDallas :ohmy:

Lots to tell. I'll get to it. I'll be coming clean on some things... :ohmy:

*involved with family research on Lisa McPherson Legal support, and associated spy errands
*involved with Alan Walter - Knowledgism - Spy Watch- Secret OSA Programs (not a lot to tell, but willing to come clean and issue some apologies)
*kept ED Costa Rica from going criminal to try to evade Social Security in Costa Rica following a pop-visit from authorities
*rescued fellow-staffmember from psychotic break (for real) using... my Level 0 auditor training
*10 minutes of real insanity in the Costa Rica psych facility
*Costa Rica adventures - a few brushes with death
*trapped on Freewinds for 2 extra days - OSA overrides Class XII C/S - False Alarm!
*Reverse Scientology (strong reasons to believe DM was the C/S!)
* "Undercover" Academy student in Dallas (while working the Underground Railroad with folks hooked up with Marty and posting on Marty's Blog)
*SOLO audited INT, out-Lists, killed a Body-in-Pawn, Solo Introspection Rundown to VVGIs-persistent F/N - happy-with-the-org :happydance:
*caught red-handed solo auditing an Int Rundown Correction List :ohmy:
*Mexico Org C/S steals 12 hours auditing time to get stats up with an unannounced FES on my (staff) folder which was already FES'd!
*Mexico Reg talks wife into debiting my CCRD before Thursday at 2pm...
* CCRD debited to give me "Leaving Sec Check" (with added custom OSA questions) at own expense :duh:
*Mutiny in the Costa Rica Academy!
*Squirrel Group in Costa Rica afraid RTC might order a hit...
*Dallas E/O puts me on the meter to see if I'm working for Marty...
*Dallas E/O 3rd parties my client and when I complain, declares me SP over the phone!
*Org C/S manipulates family auditing arrangements to cave in my wife, and to mine data for a NON-ENTURB ORDER :melodramatic:
etc.

Okay, so I'm a trained PR, true - :melodramatic: - but some of the above is actually, well, understated.

Really, weally true. And I never did TR-L. I swear it! :eyeroll:

Be happy to share the full stories as I get time, and you're welcome to nudge me (I need encouragement).

Question: Do I share them here, or should I start a new thread?

Thank you for being here. This is a super-professional, clean, fast, reliable website and I have found it valuable in learning what the bloody hell was really going on (not the sanitized Indy versions of reality going in 2010 back when I really opened my eyes).

Scott Gordon
:p

:welcome: ScottG/WN!
Oh yeh, you'll find some hard truths here for sure, seriously, some of the shite is so bizarre it defies logic, space, and form. But I guess the bottom line is, hey, tell yer story man, there is not much that could shock or surprise this audience (many having been deep in the rabbit-hole themselves, and guys like me who have researched till our eyes are crossed and melted brains).
Stories? Well, as a 'Lurk-moar' you just know we loves us a tale or three :)

:carryon:

:drama:

:cheers:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
That got me in trouble! :yes:

The Grrl flew all the way from Costa Rica to see me - and I was afraid to ask time off post??! :duh:

I came home from school one day and her bags were packed! :ohmy:

I had to turn on the charm! :eyeroll:

Oh, the high-wire tension of hot matters on the DSA post where the "fate of nations is hanging in the balance" - vs. - having met the sweetest, lovingest woman EVER! :happydance::eyeroll:

Here is the true story of the magic we made on that visit (in "fairy tale format" for my students, and all you incurable romantics, like me) :eyeroll:

http://watchfulnavigator.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/the-story-of-the-magic-ring/

Hello :wave: and :welcome2: Watchful Scott. You will feel better, as it comes out. :yes: All I can offer right now is :clap: and :hug: and a BIG Thank You !

Gib

Crusader

Back in Jan 2012, when I got that Debbie Cook email, and started to for the first time researching on the internet about scientology, and landed on Marty's place, and Jeff Hawkins blog, and others,

why I was shak'in like a leaf in the wind, but at the same time giddy with excitement on reading about other ex members.

So much, I held my hand still with the other hand while clicking the computer mouse button. LOL now as I look back.

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Welcome Watchful. If anything you can share with the world outside of Scientology can help further the disintegration of the culture and organization of Scientology, that would be much appreciated by many here. (I'm the other Dave Gibbons - the one who doesn't live in Australia.)

Re: Costa Rica - #2

And thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

-snip-

...I was approached over the Internet, on-line dating (FreeSpiritSingles - s/g like that) by a Costa Rican Scientologist...

(Continuing to answer Dean's question - why Costa Rica? What did management plan to do down there?) :yes:

Interestingly enough, this was the heady time of the first "Ideal Orgs" and we still believed that infinite, "straight-up-and-vertical" expansion was in the works. Especially all of us outside Int Base ('the other 99%') who didn't know that COB :grouch: was beating people up mercilessly for... (what was that for?) :grouch:

And in this time, it was decreed that all orgs everywhere shall expand, and that Central America shall have a Central Ideal org to service all the countries of Central America and its feeder Missions.

I was the first DSA ever (to my knowledge, anyway) assigned to function as a "fully-hatted" DSA for a Mission. And when I arrived, a "mission" was underway in the Mission, "on a mission" to find this Ideal building that the public of Costa Rica were going to fund.

Oh - and I left out the part about the fact I had no intention to renew my 2003 contract wrapping up 10 years in Dallas. But... my lovely new wife brought me before the ED of the Mission on my Spring Break trip of 2004, and, well, they needed a DSA in order to go "Ideal" and well, I signed up - ("Duty" being high on the scale of motivation 'n all - and more importantly by now, having a happy, beautiful wife was several notches higher than anything appeared on Hubbard's motivation scale):p

I was designated (never in writing! - just in secret meetings top floor of the HGB) - "DSA Costa Rica" - an implied promise that "Org" status was "just around the corner" for Costa Rica.

My job was to take charge of all Central America and its Missions, and get it ready for the new "Ideal Org" that was promised for the capital city, San Jose, where my wife and I lived and the Mission was established.

Some notes on being Costa Rica staff:
*people there were very pleasant and friendly :wink2:
*it was very refreshing to see people read policy and actually "do what Ron says" - I was accustomed to doing it like DM told Flag to do it, from trainees coming back sternly warning you, telling you "how we do it"...

The above two points lasted for the first few years, until trainees started coming back from Flag. :grouch:

Then we learned that what Ron -really- meant (he said so in a tiny paragraph in the middle of an old 1963 Red-on-White) was that AT THE ROOT OF ALL YOUR ARCx's (upsets) WERE YOUR MISSED WITHHOLDS (crimes) so therefore that's how we did it at Flag, and that's how we'll do it here. Your ARCx's are nothing you wimp - it is all about your overts...:grouch:

SCIENTOLOGY AMERICAN STYLE (DM's serious, cold-chrome-steel version) - that which I had fled in horror, as the Ideal Org strategy rolled out - had finally arrived to COSTA RICA :grouch:

But I am getting ahead of myself, here...

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Wow. Sounds like what they say in those Vietnam war movies, you were, "deep in the shit." Only thing I'd add is to write it ALL down. All you can remember as soon as you can or as soon as you feel like it. I'm already forgetting a lot of $cn. related shit. You may want to write a book. - Oh Hai OSA ;-) -

http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/lets-get-digital/

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
What a lovely story of your birthday and the finding the perfect ring at the Renaissance Faire.
I bet you really felt like your ship had come in, but it turned out to be the fleece winds, waiting to railroad you out of everything you ever had:(

I don't know what your timelines are, but I was on staffatthe Dallas Mission back when Dean Stoke was running it. Seems you said you met Alan Walters.

I hope there is at least one more most beautiful princess in the world out there for you.

Or who knows, the one with the ring might come out of the evil sleeping spell she is under.

Thanks for the story telling.

What a lovely story of your birthday and the finding the perfect ring at the Renaissance Faire.
I bet you really felt like your ship had come in, but it turned out to be the fleece winds, waiting to railroad you out of everything you ever had :(

I don't know what your timelines are, but I was on staff at the Dallas Mission back when Dean Stoke was running it. Seems you said you met Alan Walters.

I hope there is at least one more most beautiful princess in the world out there for you.

Or who knows, the one with the ring might come out of the evil sleeping spell she is under.

Thanks for the story telling.

:happydance: Thanks! :hug:

(That was before my time - I never ran into Alan Walter in person, but I'll have to soon tell what I know :nervous: about the :nervous: OSA operations :nervous: against him :nervous: that :nervous: fortunately, never did anything effective :no: to stop him) :coolwink:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
:happydance: Thanks! :hug:

(That was before my time - I never ran into Alan Walter in person, but I'll have to soon tell what I know :nervous: about the :nervous: OSA operations :nervous: against him :nervous: that :nervous: fortunately, never did anything effective :no: to stop him) :coolwink:

Just curious, Scott. Are you pals with Tory? You share her emoticon addiction. :biggrin:

Just curious, Scott. Are you pals with Tory? You share her emoticon addiction. :biggrin:

Okay - since you mentioned Tory.

(She does not know this story, so... Someone go tell here to come over!) :coolwink:

On the day Tory "blew" (~2000/2001?) I received a super-frantic call from my (one of many seniors) "senior" D/CO Ext OSA WUS (fancy initials that stand for "I make every decision around here and you just follow my orders") Pam Bowen about a super-secret mission - to "drop everything - grab a tape recorder - run to D/FW airport - we'll give you the data on the road!".

"Uh, what am I going to do with a tape recorder?" says me. (Backflash!) :naughty:

:grouch:"Listen..." (voice lowering in obvious frustration) "You're going to get close to this person and pick up whatever you can, get it?.. There's been a b...l...o...w..." :grouch:

"Uh, Yes Sir" says me (in the Sea Org, which I was not - but she was, and she was my boss - you refer to any senior of either sex as "sir").

So I dropped everything I was doing and pulled out my pocket cassette recorder (the technology of the day) and tested it quickly to see if the batteries worked and began closing shop at my tiny but orderly (except for the endless piles of paper on the desk) office.

Five or ten minutes later I get a call: "Cancel! - stand by, you're not needed for now."

(Whew! There's so much to do around here without having to go to the airport for blow drills every few months!)

How do I know it was Tory? (It's coming back to me that this was ~summer 2000?) Because a few days later another hyper-urgent phone call came in:

"Go find every hardback copy of 'What is Scientology?' in the org!"

"Er, uh, what for?" says me. (Backflash!) :naughty:

:grouch:"Why I oughtta...(inaudible)" ("What sir?" says me) "I said... I need you to remove page 2xx from every one of those books in your org. Just do it! We'll send you the replacement pages soon, and you'll put them back in when you get them."

Well, right there on page 2xx of 'WIS?' was a color photo of Tory. Within a few weeks later I read something about her defection - somewhere on the Internet.

It got me curious.

(Wait a minute there, Scott - what were you doing on the Internet???) :nervous:

Curious. You know, like...

"What could an OSA volunteer who is 'OTVII' be doing to cause her to 'blow' and be chased across the country by O-SA?" thinks me. "Isn't an 'OT' becoming cause over life?"

"Who messed up her case???" :nervous: "Is there like, 'out-tech' ... a-a-at F...l...a...g...?"

:nervous:

Okay - since you mentioned Tory.

(She does not know this story, so... Someone go tell here to come over!) :coolwink:

On the day Tory "blew" (~2000/2001?) I received a super-frantic call from my (one of many seniors) "senior" D/CO Ext OSA WUS (fancy initials that stand for "I make every decision around here and you just follow my orders") Pam Bowen about a super-secret mission - to "drop everything - grab a tape recorder - run to D/FW airport - we'll give you the data on the road!".

"Uh, what am I going to do with a tape recorder?" says me. (Backflash!) :naughty:

:grouch:"Listen..." (voice lowering in obvious frustration) "You're going to get close to this person and pick up whatever you can, get it?.. There's been a b...l...o...w..." :grouch:

"Uh, Yes Sir" says me (in the Sea Org, which I was not - but she was, and she was my boss - you refer to any senior of either sex as "sir").

So I dropped everything I was doing and pulled out my pocket cassette recorder (the technology of the day) and tested it quickly to see if the batteries worked and began closing shop at my tiny but orderly (except for the endless piles of paper on the desk) office.

Five or ten minutes later I get a call: "Cancel! - stand by, you're not needed for now."

(Whew! There's so much to do around here without having to go to the airport for blow drills every few months!)

How do I know it was Tory? (It's coming back to me that this was ~summer 2000?) Because a few days later another hyper-urgent phone call came in:

"Go find every hardback copy of 'What is Scientology?' in the org!"

"Er, uh, what for?" says me. (Backflash!) :naughty:

:grouch:"Why I oughtta...(inaudible)" ("What sir?" says me) "I said... I need you to remove page 2xx from every one of those books in your org. Just do it! We'll send you the replacement pages soon, and you'll put them back in when you get them."

Well, right there on page 2xx of 'WIS?' was a color photo of Tory. Within a few weeks later I read something about her defection - somewhere on the Internet.

It got me curious.

(Wait a minute there, Scott - what were you doing on the Internet???) :nervous:

Curious. You know, like...

"What could an OSA volunteer who is 'OTVII' be doing to cause her to 'blow' and be chased across the country by O-SA?" thinks me. "Isn't an 'OT' becoming cause over life?"

"Who messed up her case???" :nervous: "Is there like, 'out-tech' ... a-a-at F...l...a...g...?"

:nervous:
I'm really surprised it took so long for the cult to start using paid non-Scientologist actors for film and photo shoots, instead of redoing them over and, over and, over and, over, every time someone in a photo or film wakes up and leaves.