What's new

Post-Traumatic Stress after Escaping Scientology

You're very welcome, Dear Heart! :happydance:

I wish you every success with the new book project. :thumbsup: Can't wait for it to go global!!! :happydance:

Actually, I think very many more people are effected by PTSD issues than is generally recognized. Maybe not all of them are experiencing symptoms which rise to a clinical level, but they are still there to be dealt with in life.

For our lurkers out there, and any future members who are just now reading this for the first time, if you or someone you know is dealing with this, or struggling with issues like those we have been describing and talking about on this thread, please know that it is nothing to be ashamed about. Really! :yes:

In fact, you should be proud of yourself and grateful because if you are dealing with these issues it means you are a survivor! :happydance: All of the symptoms are survival mechanisms, adaptations and coping mechanisms in response to the extreme stressers you were under during whatever the bad or traumatic experience was which you survived. Don't think you're going crazy, because you're not! The only dysfunction is for them to persist and be intrusive into your functional day to day life and interfere with your growth and happiness long after the stressful situation or circumstances are over and done with, or after you remove yourself from those extremely stressful circumstances.

If it's been months or years and you are still struggling with PTSD type issues, please go and get some help for it. :) Help is all around you, in MANY different forms... something for everyone! :biggrin: Don't be stuck in misery or be in denial about this. It serves no good purpose. :no:

Please know that all sorts of help is readily available, even counseling over the Internet or via Skype if you are living in an isolated area. Many forms of treatment involve no drug therapy at all, if that's a big buggaboo for you. :)

Please don't despair, even if your symptoms seem severe at times. You can and will get better...don't be afraid, ashamed or reluctant to ask for help. :yes: Keep asking, and keep trying things, until you do get the help and relief that you seek and DESERVE! :thumbsup:

Nobody should have to live with pain from the past, needlessly, when there are so many different things you can do to feel better and improve and so many different treatments which can and will help you. :yes:

Have courage and know that things can and will get better for you! :happydance:

Wishing each and every one of you all the best with this! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :happydance:

quote1.jpg

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
Symptoms of PTSD and no money for therapy are the reason I joined this message board, I've been out for about 5 years (I'm 25) I didn't know anyone who wasn't a scientologist and so my disconnection was absolute, I've made a new life and new friends an I have not said one word about it to anyone, I seriously fear OSA in such an obsessive way that it wasn't until now I gathered the courage to post for the first time on this thread because it speaks to me at a personal level, I really struggle with lapses of depression that last months, he same insomnia and paranoia everyone else here is describing I hope I can tell more of my story to you later, the details of my "time served" would give away my identity to them right away, or so my paranoia tells me, anyways, it feels good to finally contribute something here after lurking in the shadows for so long

WOW! Thank you for sharing this :grouphug:

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
Emmett Gilliam In The Arms Of Angels

***Been a tough week with the passing of my Dear Friend in Oklahoma***:bigcry::bigcry:

I lived in his home when I was in Oklahoma this summer - - indeed, a precious Soul.

Published on Oct 19, 2012 by Intelligenceplus - -

October 19, 2012 - Emmett Newton Gilliam - Wednesday, July 07, 1948 ---- Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - He left us unexpectedly to join his Father in Heaven on October 16, 2012, at the age of 64 years, and will be missed deeply. In 1992, he went to work for Garth Brooks and served him faithfully in many capacities. His wife: Shirley Anne - "Emmett was a perfect husband in every way and never hesitated sacrificing for others. He earned the love, respect, and trust of all who knew him." - - "Emmett - - my dear Friend - David Love" -

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3P7CLX-mk0[/video]

Last edited: