What's new

reactive mind sole cause of abberation

robot123

Patron
hey i was wondering why scientology concept that reactive mind is the sole source of abberation and no other source. i mean how did hubbard and all those scientologists believe that its the only source of aberation, how about the boogy man or some other thing. what gives scientologists the right to say this is the only and sole cause to all your freakin problems in life, can stop forgetting about your dog dying and causes you to be sad all the time bam reactive mind. how can hubbard and scientologists know its the only source i quote hubbard
The reactive mind is the entire source of aberration. It can be proved and has been repeatedly proven that there is no other, for when that engram bank is discharged, all undesirable symptoms vanish and a man begins to operate on his optimum pattern.
how the heck do scientologists know Reactive Mind its the ONLY SOLE source of aberation?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's no good way to answer this. I'd like to think they believe it because it's different. :confused2:

Any injury or illness at all is your own fault. You are PTS. :duh: Just a side note...

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
basically because the imaginary "reactive mind" and it's "aberrations" only exists in the fairy-tale book of Dianetics. That's why it the "only source".

All you have to do is....Get rid of Dianetics and by default "The Reactive Mind" and all the aberrations that it falsely proposes as truth.... will vanish...

See?

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
You is confusin' da issue you is!

hey i was wondering why scientology concept that reactive mind is the sole source of abberation and no other source. i mean how did hubbard and all those scientologists believe that its the only source of aberation, how about the boogy man or some other thing. what gives scientologists the right to say this is the only and sole cause to all your freakin problems in life, can stop forgetting about your dog dying and causes you to be sad all the time bam reactive mind. how can hubbard and scientologists know its the only source i quote hubbard
The reactive mind is the entire source of aberration. It can be proved and has been repeatedly proven that there is no other, for when that engram bank is discharged, all undesirable symptoms vanish and a man begins to operate on his optimum pattern.
how the heck do scientologists know Reactive Mind its the ONLY SOLE source of aberation?[/QUOTE]

Cause lronhubbard TOLD them so. :yes: That's the "isness" of it IMHO...:confused2: yeah - hard to believe now that I, myself, once bought into that simplicity. :duh: Well, it IS easy to remenber. :D

Roy

Read for understanding

Please go back and reread the entire section very carefully and get all the words you don't understand clearly defined while doing so and you'll understand why he said this. I'm not advocating any belief here...you'll simply get answer to your question.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lol, BigSteveo52. Hubbard believed (or wanted to believe, or wanted others to believe that he believed...) that man is a spiritual being, living in a physical universe, and controlling a body in that universe through an interface called a mind. The only thing he considered capable of causing that mind to malfunction was what he called the reactive mind, which contains engrams as well as unconsciously retained purposes and programs (goals-problem-masses). Your dog dying would be one of those engrams, or would be part of one of the goals-problem-masses, in his theory.

If that doesn't explain it, lurk moar.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Reactive Mind is not the source of anything. It is reactive - so it reacts to stimuli from outside. Of itself it originates nothing and is source of nothing.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
There's no such thing as aberration.

There is living wholly in the moment and expressing oneself spontaneously, and then there's a gradient scale of awareness on operating automaticities.

Hubbard failed to see AFAIK a gradient scale of operation from static down to mest, including the analytical and reactive minds.

There is pure life essence and much of what remains constitutes interfaces between beings and each other, and beings and mest.