What's new

Scientologists can be Anonymous too :)

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
An F/N is created by thinking "happy thoughts" in a very intense way. If you create a sort of giddy feeling, remember something that was intensely fun or interesting or exciting, the needle frees up and you can get an F/N. You can't do this over and over and over again like a parlor trick but you do it often enough at the right times and the F/N comes. There were a couple of times when I did this and the meter would read and I'd have to dig around and "find" something to answer the question and then do it all again when the sec check question was being re-checked.

I'm sure other people have already run this subject into the ground so I don't think I need to go into a whole treatise on why the E-meter does not work. I don't have any scientific evidence for whether the thing works or not, I just know that I could get away with not having to answer sec check questions despite the best efforts of people who were trying to read me on the meter. Scientoloigsts or FZers would claim that the reason for this is that I was not "in session" so of course the meter didn't work. Well fair enough, but how "in session" is someone supposed to be when they are undergoing Maoist reconditioning on the RPF or being forced to confess to "crimes" that they don't think are crimes just because of someone else's screwed up moral code? Scientology sets up impossible situations and then blames the victim time after time for why it "doesn't work".

Perhaps if I really was in a situation where I was "in session" (interested in my own case and willing to talk to the auditor) the meter would work. I have to admit to that possibility because there were times when the meter seemed to work. But there were so many times it didn't and so many times it was used to throw me out of session and so many situations I was in that I was anything but "in session" that I will never pick up the cans again to find out if the meter works or not. I could care less at this point.

Yes, I was once so tired of Objectives that I managed to fake an F/N by concentrating on a happy thought.
However, I would not claim that I could do that everytime or on command.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yeah, well,
ARC-Break FN and whatnot.

:blink: Wutt? (I understand the single terms, though. :) )

ARC Break F/N (floating needle) looks identical to a happy floating needle--except that the preclear is very upset. So the auditor has to look at the pc and figure out if he is sad or happy.

Considering that 99% of the people who tried Scientology blew, we can safely conclude that auditors have no f*cking clue what is going on. lol

Hey, in an earlier post, someone noted that an auditor who failed to find out one of the PC's secrets ("withholds") would be guilty of a "HIGH CRIME" and "SUPPRESSIVE ACT". Because nearly finding out, according to Hubbard, causes them to desperately want to leave, which they do, which means one of his money sources just departed.

Hubbard had a lot of "advanced" tech to solve everything. Except when he was C/Sing David Mayo, he didn't know what was going on. And when David Mayo was auditing him (Hubbard) he didn't know what was going on. And when David Mayo was appointed "Senior CS for Life", Hubbard had no idea what was going on. We know this because not long after all that, Hubbard declared Mayo an "SP" who was the "darling of the Psychs".

According to Hubbard, Mayo was determined to sabotage the workable tech so that nobody in the universe would go free. And Mayo did all this for the meager estimated salary of $20- $50 per week.

The point is that Hubbard couldn't find an "SP" if his life depended on it. He missed every major SP in Scn management for 36 years (who were ultimately declared or simply blew) , but in his writing Hubbard incessantly bragged about his perfect PTS detection tech.

Crazy people.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I knew a married female staff member who had a huge sec check from the Ethics Officer, who was a highly trained auditor and sec checker.

This auditing went on for several weeks and all through it she was having an affair with the ED of the org, who was also married.

It never got picked up by the auditor. The pc just confessed it out of session at some point later.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Jeezus H. Key-rist on a chrome plated pogo stick, Chris, I have always suspected such, but have never had a real emeter to play around with and prove that.

And those who have figured out the secrets of the meter are already halfway free. I wonder how many people consciously fake readings? Given the nature of the response and the physiological phenomena that give rise to the response, I have a sneaking feeling most people in can manipulate it subconsciously, or the meter checks for a F/N after an auditing session would be recording all sorts of random needle movements.

I think it starts, believe it or not, from a desire to stop the auditor fucking up. I'll give you a moment to decipher that...

experience taught me fairly early on that auditors miss good things much more than they miss bad things. This became more and more so during the 80's and given what I have heard since that time - it has kept right on going. Sometimes as a PC you have to telegraph to the auditor that you REALLY are doing alright and that they need to actually acknowledge you.

At that point it then becomes more and more obvious that the whole 'theory' of the e-meter is pigswill. It's only useful function is to give the auditor a pass on probing the PC. Done to elicit conversation and a dialog between pc and auditor it could be said to have some function (albeit an expensive one). But the e-meter doesn't "read" . But truly relaxing and looking happy conveys to the auditor that you are fine - which is what they used to be looking for.

AS for sec checks etc - I know of someone who, in the RPF, was told to me in breathless wonder to be on a "persistent f/n" and thus "waiting" to progress on the program. After two months of watching that B/S I wrote long report to the snr c/s over the RPF to point out that this "condition" was impossible - first of all she was on the RPF! Secondly she was known in the RPF to be a crabby creature who only seemed to be "happy" when she was going in to get auditing. Thirdly - this technically made her no case gain. So how was this possible?

turned out she was stealing money on a regular basis from the canteen in the FH. Not very much - enough for a couple of cups of coffee each time maybe. She was offloaded that day.

It is funny - writing this out right now I realized something - at the time I felt like a combination of Sherlock Holmes and Dick Tracy! I had caught this "evil witholdy person". Now I just feel fucking ashamed of it . Hard to describe.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I knew a married female staff member who had a huge sec check from the Ethics Officer, who was a highly trained auditor and sec checker.

This auditing went on for several weeks and all through it she was having an affair with the ED of the org, who was also married.

It never got picked up by the auditor. The pc just confessed it out of session at some point later.

Sounds familiar - our Ethics Officer (who was female and married) was having an affair with another member of staff when I was there. I wouldn't have taken much notice were it not for the fact that she was trying to tell me that I was out ethics on my 2D (which I wasn't) and needed to do their introductory Ethics course. Both got declared in the end though, not just because of this but because of their abusive treatment of other staff members (the EO's in particular).

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Question - do $cientologists refer to the auditees as "PCs" even after they attest to Clear?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Question - do $cientologists refer to the auditees as "PCs" even after they attest to Clear?

Yes they do. Even if they are OT.

An auditing session consists of an auditor and a pc, regardless of the pc's position on the Bridge.

Illogical but true.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

ARC Break F/N (floating needle) looks identical to a happy floating needle--except that the preclear is very upset. So the auditor has to look at the pc and figure out if he is sad or happy.

Considering that 99% of the people who tried Scientology blew, we can safely conclude that auditors have no f*cking clue what is going on. lol

Hey, in an earlier post, someone noted that an auditor who failed to find out one of the PC's secrets ("withholds") would be guilty of a "HIGH CRIME" and "SUPPRESSIVE ACT". Because nearly finding out, according to Hubbard, causes them to desperately want to leave, which they do, which means one of his money sources just departed.

Hubbard had a lot of "advanced" tech to solve everything. Except when he was C/Sing David Mayo, he didn't know what was going on. And when David Mayo was auditing him (Hubbard) he didn't know what was going on. And when David Mayo was appointed "Senior CS for Life", Hubbard had no idea what was going on. We know this because not long after all that, Hubbard declared Mayo an "SP" who was the "darling of the Psychs".

According to Hubbard, Mayo was determined to sabotage the workable tech so that nobody in the universe would go free. And Mayo did all this for the meager estimated salary of $20- $50 per week.

The point is that Hubbard couldn't find an "SP" if his life depended on it. He missed every major SP in Scn management for 36 years (who were ultimately declared or simply blew) , but in his writing Hubbard incessantly bragged about his perfect PTS detection tech.

Crazy people.

lrh was the sp . . .:nervous::unsure: now it is the diminutive munchkin . . . :coolwink: and the sp always points the finger elsewhere - deflects.
:sadangel: :look::sp: