What's new

Scientology Cult Supports California Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment

That is definitely your opinion.
No I do not.

Anti-miscegenation laws, also known as miscegenation laws, were laws that banned interracial marriage and sometimes interracial sex between whites and members of other races. In the United States, interracial marriage, cohabitation and sex have since 1863 been termed "miscegenation." Contemporary usage of the term "miscegenation" is less frequent. In North America, laws against interracial marriage and interracial sex existed and were enforced in the Thirteen Colonies from the late seventeenth century onwards, and subsequently in several US states and US territories until 1967. Similar laws were also enforced in Nazi Germany, from 1935 until 1945, and in South Africa during the Apartheid era, from 1949 until 1985.[1]

thetanic
Patron Meritorious

This link has been posted in many places I've seen lately, but it's time to post it here.

Video snipped to save unnecessary re-post.

Thanks thetanic.

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
comment to degraded being

Anti-miscegenation laws, also known as miscegenation laws, were laws that banned interracial marriage and sometimes interracial sex between whites and members of other races. In the United States, interracial marriage, cohabitation and sex have since 1863 been termed "miscegenation." Contemporary usage of the term "miscegenation" is less frequent. In North America, laws against interracial marriage and interracial sex existed and were enforced in the Thirteen Colonies from the late seventeenth century onwards, and subsequently in several US states and US territories until 1967. Similar laws were also enforced in Nazi Germany, from 1935 until 1945, and in South Africa during the Apartheid era, from 1949 until 1985.[1]

My answer to Mouseyhair was honest. I never lived in any of those places during those times. Exactly what are you trying to prove?

uniquemand

Unbeliever

Thanks, I get your point. Interracial marriage and sex was banned and illegal for hundreds of years in the foundational member states of the United States.

This stopped at about the same time as Women's Lib and the Civil Rights movement. However, the same rights were not given to homosexuals or bisexuals (or whatever the hell people are), due to remaining inherent prejudices and stupidities, largely kept in place because of dumb religions and ignorant people who follow them holding fixed ideas about what marriage is, despite the fact that pretty much nobody gives a dowry any more.

My answer to Mouseyhair was honest. I never lived in any of those places during those times. Exactly what are you trying to prove?
Quote:Originally Posted by Mouseyhair
Gee, remember when marriage was defined as being between two people of the same race?

No I do not.

Two things. Point one. No it's not dishonest if you don't remember it. So it's not dishonest.
Two. I am very surprised that you don't remember it after mouseyhair jogged your memory - that's why I posted the info about it. Remembering doesn't have to be about being there at the time. It is possible to remember historical facts. Especially after you have been reminded of them.
I am abslutely sure you know this.