What's new

Scientology - To criticize and discriminate

Terril park

Sponsor
Roger, Isn't Lithium a tranquillizer?

No its used primarily to treat mania as in manic depressive.
A problem with it is that its therapeutic dose is close to its lethal dose.

Hopefully Roger will give more details. Peter Gilham was supplying
it from his shop in Florida in a nutritional drink and apparently it helped
people on sec checks get F/Ns very readily.

http://kiwianon.com/forums/index.php?topic=495.0;wap2

For orthodox medical usage see below.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a681039.html

RogerB

Crusader
Roger, Isn't Lithium a tranquillizer?

Well they say magnesium and calcium are as well . . . .

In actuality it is an essential mineral for us to get in our diet just as Mg and Ca and Fe and all those goodies over on the alkaline metals left side of the Periodic Table are.

It's vital for development and maintenance of the brain and its function . . . recent research is able to show that folks suffering from brain function decline actually develop new brain mass . . . i.e. develop new brain axons and dendrites (synapses) plus brain mass.

The particular MD I work with as my consultant/partner advised I take it over 20 years ago . . . I also used him to do my chelation to clean the body of heavy metals (the shocker was thallium) V and I go to him each year to keep on top of how we are managing our tip top health.

You can get lithium in healthfood stores, over the counter as a supplement about 3-5 mg tablets.

It seems to have gotten a bad rap because it has been correctly used by the psychs to cheer up the folks suffering brain fizz misdiagnosed as . . . well, whatever they labelled it.

JustSheila

Crusader
Tr8theta, on August 11th, you wrote:

I have watched all the Leah Remini episodes and applaud what she is doing to expose the atrocities that have taken place in the past and which continue to occur which have hurt people, ruined relationships, broken up families and which have caused good people to leave SCN and/or the SO - people who originally became involved with high expectations and sincere intentions to do good for themselves, their families and the planet. My heart goes out to ALL who have endured hardship and tremendous disappointment and even worse - imprisonment against ones will - to name a few)

MJ

Please see, particularly, the part I bolded.

Today, August 16, on another thread you wrote:

Well as they say you live and you learn.
I think my status can be upgraded today from "naive" ruffle-feathers person to " a bit more in the know" - One of my new ESMB friends just brought it to my attention that there are folks here who have friends and/or family who are still actively in present time being hurt, abused, imprisoned in the RPF, children kept from their families and many other atrocities etc..in SCN and in the SO I honestly didn't know that.
I'm very very sorry for what you are going through.

Tom, I realize this may be a lot to take in, but you've completely contradicted yourself. You came on ESMB stating you are aware these atrocities have happened and even continue to occur. Then just five days later, you stated - in bold - that you "honestly didn't know that."

????

phenomanon

Canyon
No its used primarily to treat mania as in manic depressive.
A problem with it is that its therapeutic dose is close to its lethal dose.

Hopefully Roger will give more details. Peter Gilham was supplying
it from his shop in Florida in a nutritional drink and apparently it helped
people on sec checks get F/Ns very readily.

http://kiwianon.com/forums/index.php?topic=495.0;wap2

For orthodox medical usage see below.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a681039.html

That's sorta what I thought it to be. I had heard of Lithium in connection to Manic-Depression.
They use it in batteries/ Lithium Batteries. ( nyuk nyuk nyuk)

phenomanon

Canyon
Well they say magnesium and calcium are as well . . . .

In actuality it is an essential mineral for us to get in our diet just as Mg and Ca and Fe and all those goodies over on the alkaline metals left side of the Periodic Table are.

It's vital for development and maintenance of the brain and its function . . . recent research is able to show that folks suffering from brain function decline actually develop new brain mass . . . i.e. develop new brain axons and dendrites (synapses) plus brain mass.

The particular MD I work with as my consultant/partner advised I take it over 20 years ago . . . I also used him to do my chelation to clean the body of heavy metals (the shocker was thallium) V and I go to him each year to keep on top of how we are managing our tip top health.

You can get lithium in healthfood stores, over the counter as a supplement about 3-5 mg tablets.

It seems to have gotten a bad rap because it has been correctly used by the psychs to cheer up the folks suffering brain fizz misdiagnosed as . . . well, whatever they labelled it.

That's a relief. I hd read the "bad rap", I guess. I thought it was a 'mood lifter' or some such and that it treated manic-depressioin.
From the uses that I saw for it, I think I should be using it! :yes:

T

JustSheila

Crusader
Well, my sweet Phenom . . . that in red is why I take my daily lithium . . . my very smart natural-alternative MD knows what's good for keeping bodies going . . . Plus, as you know, I am a bit of a health nut.

R

Like Pheno, I had only known of it to treat Bipolar. Ya learn something new every day.

So I did a bit of net research. Good sites, medical sites, and learned a lot. You are right, Roger, it's a supplement, with some good research to back up claims of better brain function when used in lower doses and in a different form. The nutritional supplement form is Lithium Orotate and it's perfectly safe. The Bipolar treatment form is Lithium as Eskalith or Lithobid (where Lithium is in the form of Lithium Carbonate), which can have some serious side-effects.

As the nutritional supplement, Lithium Orotate, it's perfectly safe. It's a type of salt, basically. Thanks, Roger. That was very useful.

Added: Apparently it takes about three weeks of regular use for it to start having an effect.

Last edited:

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
Tr8theta, on August 11th, you wrote:

Please see, particularly, the part I bolded.

Today, August 16, on another thread you wrote:

Tom, I realize this may be a lot to take in, but you've completely contradicted yourself. You came on ESMB stating you are aware these atrocities have happened and even continue to occur. Then just five days later, you stated - in bold - that you "honestly didn't know that."

????

You're absolutely right. I did contradict myself as you have correctly pointed out...and to avoid further embarrassment and out of sincere respect for your astuteness and everyone here as well I would not even attempt to wiggle my way out of this one. Because of you putting things in proper perspective for me in your most recent PM's to me about why some folks here continue to vent and that it's duly warranted because of present day ongoing abuses they continue to endure, my awareness and recognition level of the severity of what you said became heightened. Thank you for bringing my contradiction to my attention (and everybody's elses) I certainly have my flaws and shortcomings and have no problem openly admitting I made a mistake when I have. It's pretty embarrassing however to have this incident of quirkiness of mine put into the spotlight in the open forum for all to read. Geez I now feel that to continue participating here I must be extremely careful of every single thing I say (which of course one should) because I already have been since day one and will continue to be scrutinized like a glass plate of germs is under a microscope and Lord help me if I err in anyway shape or form going forward...I may just get flogged in the ESMB town square. LOL

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
You're absolutely right. I did contradict myself as you have correctly pointed out...and to avoid further embarrassment and out of sincere respect for your astuteness and everyone here as well I would not even attempt to wiggle my way out of this one. Because of you putting things in proper perspective for me in your most recent PM's to me about why some folks here continue to vent and that it's duly warranted because of present day ongoing abuses they continue to endure, my awareness and recognition level of the severity of what you said became heightened. Thank you for bringing my contradiction to my attention (and everybody's elses) I certainly have my flaws and shortcomings and have no problem openly admitting I made a mistake when I have. It's pretty embarrassing however to have this incident of quirkiness of mine put into the spotlight in the open forum for all to read. Geez I now feel that to continue participating here I must be extremely careful of every single thing I say (which of course one should) because I already have been since day one and will continue to be scrutinized like a glass plate of germs is under a microscope and Lord help me if I err in anyway shape or form going forward...I may just get flogged in the ESMB town square. LOL

Nah, not gonna happen. Be who you are, say what you say and if someone has a problem with it, it's their problem. :biggrin:
I replied to you on the other thread.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-Scientology&p=1150444&viewfull=1#post1150444

Gib

Crusader
Like Pheno, I had only known of it to treat Bipolar. Ya learn something new every day.

So I did a bit of net research. Good sites, medical sites, and learned a lot. You are right, Roger, it's a supplement, with some good research to back up claims of better brain function when used in lower doses and in a different form. The nutritional supplement form is Lithium Orotate and it's perfectly safe. The Bipolar treatment form is Lithium as Eskalith or Lithobid (where Lithium is in the form of Lithium Carbonate), which can have some serious side-effects.

As the nutritional supplement, Lithium Orotate, it's perfectly safe. It's a type of salt, basically. Thanks, Roger. That was very useful.

Added: Apparently it takes about three weeks of regular use for it to start having an effect.

Arnie Lerma mentioned a few times about taking Lithium Orotate.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Nah ... you're through the worst of the ESMB wall of fire now, you'll be OK, although we all still seem to fall flat on our faces now and again. The trick is to get up, gather what remains of your dignity and stagger off for a while (while pretending it didn't hurt, just like Tom Bruise recently did).

:biggrin:

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
It's pretty embarrassing however to have this incident of quirkiness of mine put into the spotlight in the open forum for all to read.

Don't you worry 'bout a thing!

We've all had similar moments.

And if you just stop answering in this thread and just hope for other people to do exactly the same, that might wel happen, with the result that it will go under in the deep ESMB-ocean never to be seen again (only to be found by guys like me, :lol: ).

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Wilbur, I think you have the terms confused. Nursing homes and Hospices are two different things. The concept of Hospice care has only been prevalent in the US since the emphasis on "Death with Dignity" began in 1972. The first Hospice in the US was in Connecticut in 1974. It caught on quickly, though, and by 1979 the US government recognized 26 different Hospice programs. https://www.nhpco.org/history-hospice-care

So it probably wasn't around when you were a child. I think you mean nursing homes. Those can be horrible, but we're talking about two things that are almost the opposite of each other. One extends life (nursing home) and is primarily a medical care facility for the elderly, the other (Hospice) does not use medical intervention (or uses minimal intervention) and assists death with dignity for the terminally ill.

Thanks Sheila. But actually, it was a hospice that my father was in (a place to die, basically), and I do know the difference between that and a nursing home. You are right, of course, the emphasis in the two is different, but both can be eye opening places to have to visit as a child. Not having visited a nursing home, I imagine that hospices, by their very nature, are more depressing places than nursing homes, since, as you say, there is no expectation that the people there will get better.

W.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
AND, he abandoned/deserted nine of them. Sarah, his second wife, was smart enough to dump the bastard.

L. Ron and his second wife Sara and their child, Alexis (LRH kidnapped Alexis and took her to Cuba, he told Sara he cut her into pieces and threw her in a river, then he disowned Alexis when her mother, Sara, refused to get back together with him).:

hubbard%20sara%20baby.png

A recent photo of Alexis:

Alexis_Connolly3.jpg

The daughter of Alexis with her daughter:

581577_4344165415413_785684437_n-jpg.240119

No, you're mistaken. He never had a second wife. (Only a first and third.)

JustSheila

Crusader
Thanks Sheila. But actually, it was a hospice that my father was in (a place to die, basically), and I do know the difference between that and a nursing home. You are right, of course, the emphasis in the two is different, but both can be eye opening places to have to visit as a child. Not having visited a nursing home, I imagine that hospices, by their very nature, are more depressing places than nursing homes, since, as you say, there is no expectation that the people there will get better.

W.

Thanks for clarifying that, Wilbur.

I agree, either place would be shocking to a child. Death is difficult for anyone, but especially children.

JustSheila

Crusader
You're absolutely right. I did contradict myself as you have correctly pointed out...and to avoid further embarrassment and out of sincere respect for your astuteness and everyone here as well I would not even attempt to wiggle my way out of this one.

It's cool.

As Free To Shine said, just be yourself.

RogerB

Crusader
That's a relief. I hd read the "bad rap", I guess. I thought it was a 'mood lifter' or some such and that it treated manic-depressioin.
From the uses that I saw for it, I think I should be using it! :yes:

T

Yes, good call . . . it is a vital nutrient. Just like iodine that I have written about on ESMB.

Lithium is atomic # 3 . . . that means it is very, very light and volatile . . . just the perfect thing for helping the firing of the synapses in the brain :biggrin: It is the lightest metal and the lightest solid element. Like all alkali metals, lithium is highly reactive and flammable, and is stored in mineral oil. (they are so volatile, that if brushed or dropped in water they explode!)

Lithium orotate is what I take, not the straight elemental lithium used by the psychs in "therapy" . . . . your own body makes orotic acid (the orotate part of the pill) and this salt of lithium works fine. I get 4.8 mg of elemental lithium in the daily pill I take.

Copied below for you is what wiki says in regards human nutrition . . . but, if interested or need to, the medical lit does refer to more modern and important findings . . .

Primary food sources of lithium are grains and vegetables; in some areas, the drinking water also contains significant amounts. Human intakes widely vary depending on location and diet. Lithium was detected in human organs and fetal tissues already in the late 19th century, leading to speculation about specific functions. After another century, experimental proof was obtained.

In studies in the 1970s–1990s, rats and goats on a low-lithium diet had higher mortalities, as well as reproductive and behavioral abnormalities. In humans there are no defined lithium deficiency diseases, but low lithium intakes from water supplies were associated with increased rates of suicides, homicides and the arrest rates for drug use and other crimes. High lithium contents of the early embryo suggests an important role during development. The biochemical mechanisms of action of lithium appear to be multifactorial and are intercorrelated with the functions of several enzymes, hormones and vitamins, as well as with growth and transforming factors. Evidence now appears to be sufficient to accept lithium as essential; a provisional RDA for a 70 kg adult of 1,000 μg/day is suggested.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP]

Lithium salts have proven to be useful as a mood-stabilizing drug in the treatment of bipolar disorder in humans.

/

RogerB

Crusader

Ya . . . As I just noted in answer to Phenom . . . lithium orotate.

It is a winner . . . for all folks, but particularly for we oldies who might be getting a little deficient in it because of the daily diet most are forced to suffer :grouch:

To be honest, I am seeing more and more gross symptoms of major deficiencies of these little known essentials . . . it is interesting to me to be among the health nuts at the organic farmers market V and I frequent as compared to what I see of the physical condition of other regular folks eating what is now essentially polluted GMO fare . . . :grouch::grouch:

And I restrain myself from posting on the crimes and why behind that shit . . . but you can google the point that what the alteration in the gene structure of that crap is, is done to induce sterility in the living organisms (insects originally) that eat the crop . . .

What's not been researched is what relationship has our human evolved genome to that of the lower life forms in respect to that reproduction gene.