ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Tel Aviv Scientology building burns.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Big Farmer, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Big Farmer

Big Farmer Patron with Honors

There's a report on Jewish news website Haaretz that the Scientology building in Tel Aviv has been on fire Tuesday morning. Apparently nine workers(SO?) were asleep within the building on an upper floor when the fire broke out. Thankfully, no one was injured and fire crews rescued all nine from the blaze. Arson is said to be the likely cause of the fire according to early investigations by fire officers.

Story here.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/tel-aviv-scientology-building-burns-arson-suspected-1.318620

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Oh dear, well that's more work for those regging for donos for Idle Orgs. Were the nine people sleeping there RPFers? Is it legal to have people sleeping in the Org?

I don't condone arson, but I'm not loosing any sleep over the damage.

3. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Interesting that the website is describing Scientology as a "religious group". I thought Scn chose not to be a religion in Israel.

Let's hope this isn't a Miscavige scam to claim on the insurance.

Successful action, burn all the Idle Orgs down and pocket the insurance, getting RPF slaves to do the repairs for free!

4. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

5. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Jewish lightening? :eyeroll:

6. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

7. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Arson? I hope not. Who would want to kill the construction workers?

Wouldn't suprise me if one of the workers had a smoke late at nite and threw the butt out the window, only to have it blow back in on the floor before them. Anyone who has ever smoked a cigarette in a car knows how easy it is for the butt to wind up in the back seat if the windows are open.

8. hartley

hartley Patron with Honors

According to another report posted on the WWP thread eyewitnesses said there appeared to be several fires in different places, hence the suspicion of arson.
    If so it is also attempted murder - the 'workers' were trapped on an upper floor and had to be rescued using ladders by the Fire Brigade.

An Israeli Anonymous commented that the CoS has recently gone high profile, putting 'Scientology' on buildings instead of hiding behind Dianetics front groups which had been successfully exposed by anti-cultists. Possibly this provoked an attack from religious extremists.

9. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

9 people were obviously doing liability formulas. WTF were they doing sleeping in a construction area?

10. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

If true, that's pretty sick. Nothing justifies something like that.

11. Mockingbird6

Mockingbird6 Patron with Honors

Hate crimes are hate crimes, no matter who is doing the hating.

12. NonScio

NonScio Patron Meritorious

Maybe it was caused by faulty E Meters...lousy batteries!
    Maybe a really heavy auditing session...lots of discharge,
    lightning bolt from the cans looking for the water pipes or
    some other ground. Big pile of HCOB's got in the way of
    the intense power bolt and, of course, caught on fire.

13. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Exactly my feelings.

14. dexter gelfand

dexter gelfand Patron Meritorious

A theory...

Perhaps, being that this occurred in Israel, it was a result of some form of application of Miscaviage-written "Golden Age of Tech" on lighting up a menorah. (Just a theory, but it would be consistent with his pattern of know-best and no-good-results) :duh:

15. NonScio

NonScio Patron Meritorious

Then again, maybe they got Jehovah/Jahweh really miffed. Setting
    up their satanic cult right there in the Desert Deity's favorite
    city! Rattling their cans in the Holy of Holies. Cheeky, what?
    I go with the Wrath of God, lightning bolts from on high.
    Time for the culties to get their tails out of there while the
    getting's good!

16. Act of God to show us that karma really does exist??? :confused2:

17. Maybe somebody in detention wanted to be "rescued"??? And it worked? :confused2: Fires break out at Int Base, too...

Sure glad all were saved!!!

18. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

Wrath of Xenu?

maybe somebody googled $cientology and read some 'forbidden' materials, Xenu doesnt like that