What's new

The current "scene" in ANZO - as far as I can tell.:biggrin:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
From “The Guru Papers: Masks of Authoritarian Power”

By Joel Kramer and Diana Alstad

“But a cult in decline has more trouble selling itself.
. . Members and the guru become withdrawn and the focus gets more
internal, insular, and isolating. . . The fun is over. The rewards
are now put into the distant future (including future lives) and
are achievable only through hard work. This not only keeps disciples
busy and distracted, but it is necessary because the flow of resources
that came with expansion has greatly diminished. This glorification
of work always involves improving the leader’s property
(the commune or ashram), increasing his wealth, or some other
grandiose project.” (p82)

Got a phone call the other day that got me interested (at least briefly) in the slow and painful demise of $cientology here in Oz. I started phoning around my friends to see what was happening and here’s the latest gossip. :drama:

The org.s are doing shit – really shit. The Mel exec.s you see in the promo who look physically ill when they’re flown to other cities to talk up the Ideal Org lies? They know how shit Melbourne is really doing. Why do you think they look like they do? It’s due to an overdose of creativity with facts. :biggrin:

And even tho’ more than a few SO members are living in the Mel org building at Ascot Vale in what amounts to a sizeable garrison mission and some are there to full-time recruit, it’s just not happening for them. Why? :roflmao:

How’s the VSD? :lol:

The Co$ brand was smashed several years ago, but the fanatics have other “whys” as to what’s happened to their “public.” :hysterical:

The “old” public plead “ARC-broken” or “too broke” or whatever, when really they’ve left. Quietly. For various reasons, many won’t publicly announce they no longer belong to that UFO batshit-crazy Xenu-and-the-DC8s cult founded by a deluded sci-fi writer. Seriously OSA, it’s way out of your grasp now as an “external situation.” Which is why you’ve pretty much given up on it and concentrated your energy on the remaining Faithful. :yes:

New public? A joke. Apathy about new public is tinged with paranoia as they may be plants for Big Media or Anons in real-life troll mode. :roflmao:

The AOSH ANZO is empty. There are very few Aussie residents who go there. And most of the security effort is aimed at the crew. Who (like the CLO) are mostly Taiwanese these days. The English-speaking crew have either largely left or are trying to. 70%(?) of SO crew these days are imports. :omg:

And just what visas are they on, OSA? THAT is a nightmare you have to live with, now isn’t it? :dieslaughing:

And the conditions? Well, how much money for food etc. is there? And the tighter the security and worse the conditions are, the harder it is to keep blaming Rathbun and Rinder et al for the poor state of affairs.:whistling:

GAT II given an enthusiastic reception? Try quiet desperation. And there’s been a lull in media because really, who cares? A producer for one of the major networks told me a few months ago they weren’t going to do any more cult stories until after Christmas at least. There’s nothing left to protest or report. :happydance:

But there are a few skeletons that will fall out of their cupboards, probably after Christmas. One of them is potentially a real killer blow and, as far as I know, OSA have NO idea about it.:coolwink:

But – will there even be any OSA left to “handle” them?:bigcry:

G

Gottabrain

Terrific news, Scoots!

:dancer: :buzzin:

You bring back fond memories of that protest we had where so many ex's showed up and spoke - when we all stated how their OT Intentions weren't going to make us go away and they were right in our faces but we stood our ground.

We got bigger, they got smaller :splat: and we just keep going!

Poor sods. OSA must be :storm:

:biggrin:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
What is "VSD?" I couldn't discern that from context nor have I encountered that bit of alphabet soup.

Pete

G

Gottabrain

What is "VSD?" I couldn't discern that from context nor have I encountered that bit of alphabet soup.

Pete

Value of Services Delivered.

Because Scn ALWAYS reges money in advance of delivering services, after the service is actually completed, the values (by prepaid invoices) of all services completed by paying public (not staff) are added up every week and compared to the income collected. (GI)

Sindy

Crusader
This is great news and I always love your posts Scooter. This is the exact information we all want to hear!

Somehow it doesn't quite feel as bad (a relative term because it IS bad) here, in the US, from my vantage point and I think the reason is threefold:

1) Australia just completely kicks cult ass like nobody's business. No continent holds a candle to yours.

2) At least in my area here, the cult staff are preoccupied with the new influx of NOI members. This keeps them somewhat busy and thinking that they're accomplishing something (maybe) but that whole scenario is not going to end well and may very well be the stupidest outreach the cult has ever done. That is a powder keg waiting to blow.

3) David Miscavige, et al have a bit more control over orgs in the US, I reckon.

People are leaving in droves here but the cult, hanging on for dear life, is still managing to keep a few plates in the air and the illusion dimly alive though in a weak, pale and VERY fragile state.

It's all crashing down. I just think you Australians call a spade a spade much faster than we do here. :coolwink:

I very much look forward to the upcoming book tours, especially Jenna's. For some reason, I think that is gonna really cause some damage. I couldn't tell you why, specifically, but I can feel it.

I would love to hear reports from other regions. Anybody?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
2) At least in my area here, the cult staff are preoccupied with the new influx of NOI members. This keeps them somewhat busy and thinking that they're accomplishing something (maybe) but that whole scenario is not going to end well and may very well be the stupidest outreach the cult has ever done. That is a powder keg waiting to blow.

I think the term "powder keg" may be an understatement.

We are talking about Nation of Islam here. We are talking about a religion that had, as its original philosophy, the idea that white people are the source of all evil, interacting with a predominantly white organization that likes to be very controlling and abusive. We are talking about a Nation of Islam that has been associated with multiple murders (the Zebra Killings being just one incident).

This is not a powder keg. Visualize a mentally-disabled person banging on a nuclear warhead with a hammer.

Sindy

Crusader
I think the term "powder keg" may be an understatement.

We are talking about Nation of Islam here. We are talking about a religion that had, as its original philosophy, the idea that white people are the source of all evil, interacting with a predominantly white organization that likes to be very controlling and abusive. We are talking about a Nation of Islam that has been associated with multiple murders (the Zebra Killings being just one incident).

This is not a powder keg. Visualize a mentally-disabled person banging on a nuclear warhead with a hammer.

:lol: I actually thought that as I wrote it and was too tired to get down with the true magnitude and find a word for it! I love your analogy -- it would be funny if it wasn't so scary!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
NOI hate Jews as well, but Jews are not necessarily white. From what I've seen NOI seems to be an organisation just for black people. Is that right?

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
New public? A joke. Apathy about new public is tinged with paranoia as they may be plants for Big Media or Anons in real-life troll mode. :roflmao:
I never thought of the full implications of this. There was a time when if someone just walked into an Org, the odds were high that they were going to buy a book or take a class.

Now, the staff can't help but wonder about practically everybody who comes through the door, and that can affect their behavior, such that they treat even the real "raw meat" with a certain wariness that people can pick up.

People now can be so informed about what goes on -- the personality test, the selling of a book, even the finding of "ruin" -- that the staff never knows what they're dealing with.

Another thing I think that is new, probably in the last 5 to 10 years, is young people (and sometimes older people) doing it as a goof and even filming it. People have an idea of what's going on, but just go in, give false names, take the personality test, kind of snicker at it all, and that can't help but take a toll on the morale of staff as well.

People who came into an Org 15 years ago used to take Scientology seriously! They were there because they wanted to believe in it, or at least give it a try, not for a goof. Even it's just one in ten that does that, while others just stare mockingly and knowingly at the window, it still must be different.

I bet when they have the stress test table, more young people point or laugh as they're going by and that is new. They wouldn't have done that 20 years ago. More people know about Xenu more than ever too, or Tom Cruise not being able to hang onto a wife, because of Scientology. All of that must be really embarrassing.

This is where the conflict in the "insular" part comes in, mentioned in that excellent quote. How insular can you be when you have Tom Cruise, and the Tom Cruise crazy Scientologist video or Hubbard himself blithering away on YouTube? They can't have the insularity of a Jim Jones, so the harder they try to be insular and alternatively accepted mainstream, the more difficult it will be.

I think the cult is one major story away from collapse, like finding that Shelly Miscavige has been imprisoned and threatened. That's when the two aspects will collide -- the craving mainstream acceptance with trying to be insular and secretive.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
. . .
I bet when they have the stress test table, more young people point or laugh as they're going by and that is new. They wouldn't have done that 20 years ago. More people know about Xenu more than ever too, or Tom Cruise not being able to hang onto a wife, because of Scientology. All of that must be really embarrassing.
. . .

I believe that a common reaction to the Stress Test tables, nowadays, is the "bird seed tech", whereby a packet of birdseed is scattered on the pavement, all around the cult operation.

Surprisingly, OT powers do not include a spell that scares off flocks of pigeons, it seems. The resulting shitstorm is enough to send even the most dedicated RonBot running back into the org with his tail between his legs.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
.... Thanks Scoots!

The other day I came across a list of email addresses -- about 480, some of which were duplicates -- which apparently represent all the active Scios in Australia (minus the compulsory actives such as staff and SO).

Seems like the shrinking is absolutely real. Either that or most Scios don't want the CLO or org to have their email addy's.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
.... Thanks Scoots!

The other day I came across a list of email addresses -- about 480, some of which were duplicates -- which apparently represent all the active Scios in Australia (minus the compulsory actives such as staff and SO).

Seems like the shrinking is absolutely real. Either that or most Scios don't want the CLO or org to have their email addy's.

I'm guessing there's about 15,000 actives left in the USA. Maybe less, or not many more.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Always a pleasure to read your words Scooter. I hope things are good with you and yours. :)

But there are a few skeletons that will fall out of their cupboards, probably after Christmas. One of them is potentially a real killer blow and, as far as I know, OSA have NO idea about it.

This really excites me. Skeletons in the cupboard of the "most ethical group on the planet"? Nah. lol

It is my somewhat calculated opinion, that the thuggish group, known as OSA, haven't got a bloody clue what is going on. They don't even know what it is they are supposed to be protecting. Seriously.

Right, back to my knitting...

Free Being Me

Crusader
I believe that a common reaction to the Stress Test tables, nowadays, is the "bird seed tech", whereby a packet of birdseed is scattered on the pavement, all around the cult operation.

Surprisingly, OT powers do not include a spell that scares off flocks of pigeons, it seems. The resulting shitstorm is enough to send even the most dedicated RonBot running back into the org with his tail between his legs.

:clapping:

pigeon-300x225.png

Your OT powers are useless.
The pigeons are taking over.
Where's the Dwarf?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
NOI hate Jews as well, but Jews are not necessarily white. From what I've seen NOI seems to be an organisation just for black people. Is that right?

Their scripture holds that, 6000 years ago, there were only backs. Then an evil scientist named Yacub created all the other races, including whites (who are collectively The Devil, see the link above).

So the original philosophy would preclude being friends with white folks. The big mystery would be how Farrakhan decided that Scientology was something they wanted.

As far as how NoI feels about Jews, take a look at their book The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews