The New York Times re NY Event Release

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Get your barf bags ready.

The New York Times

Restoration of Lost Scientology Materials Complete

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: January 8, 2010

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- More than 1,000 unreleased recordings of lectures by L. Ron Hubbard and reams of corresponding writings have been unveiled in the culmination of a 25-year project to locate, restore and transcribe lost pieces of the Scientology founder's work.

Its followers say the materials amount to an opportunity to deepen understanding of the religion and to release the last known unpublished Hubbard works dealing with Scientology and Dianetics.

"It would be like discovering that Buddha, unbeknownst to anybody, had sat down and wrote down the entirety of his discoveries and it could be verified that he wrote it," said Tommy Davis, the church's top spokesman.

The new materials were announced in a New Year's celebration at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles that was broadcast to churches around the world last week and include 1,020 lectures and hundreds of corresponding booklets from courses and other sessions with Scientology ministers from 1953 to 1961. They include discussions of how Hubbard arrived at the principles of Dianetics and his research on everything from decision-making to personal responsibility.

They were recovered through a painstaking hunt that led members to find tapes and papers in a basement in Wichita, Kansas, a storage trailer in Phoenix, and a garage in Oakland, California, among other places. Some of the materials were believed to have been lost.

"We've been able to restore lectures we literally never thought would be heard again," Davis said.

The release marks the third and final batch of Hubbard works to be distributed as part of the decades-long project initiated by Hubbard himself but carried out after his 1986 death by the church's current leader, David Miscavige. Releases in 2005 and 2007 included updated versions of 18 basic Scientology books to correct transcriptional errors, as well as hundreds of other lectures given by Hubbard.

"It's so huge for our religion having these materials. It's really a renaissance," said Davis. "it's as if it's a rediscovery of our own scriptures and what they hold and what they mean."

All the materials -- contained on 970 compact discs and corresponding booklets in 57 binders -- are being shipped out of a Los Angeles warehouse to Scientology churches worldwide. Unlike writings related to upper-level coursework, they are not considered confidential; they are available to those outside the church and members of all levels.

Chess

Patron with Honors
Oh WOW!
Sign me up immediately. I really have to have the new new new. Beats the hell out of the dusty sensational releases of yesteryear - hang on a sec, I get my cc #...

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
From the Los Angeles Daily News website:

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_14154308

Scientology unveils lost works

HUBBARD: More than 1,000 pieces of founder's writings, lectures debut.

By Tony Castro 818-713-3761 Staff Writer
Updated: 01/09/2010 02:20:08 AM PST

They're calling them the Church of Scientology's Dead Sea Scrolls.
More than 1,000 lost pieces of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's work were unveiled in a New Year's celebration at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles that was broadcast to churches around the world last week.

"This is breakthrough - it would be like Christianity finding lost Gospels on the teachings of Jesus Christ," said Bill Orozco, a Los Angeles consultant who has worked with Scientology's Celebrity Centre in Hollywood.

In its five-plus decades of existence, Scientology has grown to include millions of members worldwide, including high-profile celebrities such as actors John Travolta and Tom Cruise.

But it remains a controversial practice, one that critics liken to a cult that takes financial advantage of its members. The church strongly objects to such accusations. But its status as an official religion remains disputed in many countries throughout the world.
The newly released materials include 1,020 lectures and hundreds of corresponding booklets from courses and other sessions with Scientology ministers from 1953 to 1961.

They include discussions of how Hubbard, who started the religion in California in the 1950s, arrived at the principles of Dianetics and his research on everything from decision-making to personal responsibility.

Some of the materials were believed to have been lost.

Church leaders said the documents are the culmination of a 25-year project to locate, restore and transcribe lost pieces of the Scientology founder's work.

Scientology official Pamela Lancaster, whose late husband was involved in tracking down Hubbard's lost works, said there are no doubts the materials are genuine.

"They are hand-written notes and day diaries in Mr. Hubbard's own handwriting and lectures in his own voice," said Lancaster, public affairs director of the Celebrity Centre.

"This means so much to us. We can finally train people as if Mr. Hubbard were here himself."

Lee Holzinger, a spokesman for the Scientology church missions in Ventura and Santa Barbara, said the discoveries will add important new writings and lectures by Hubbard to the church's literature.

"Our church is still relatively young, but so much has happened in half a century, and now with this, it is finally approaching full development," said Holzinger. "It's taken such a long project to make all this knowledge that he developed and documented made available to everyone."

The discovery of lost Hubbard works, however, could open an unexpected Pandora's box for Scientologists, according to Jody Myers, professor of religious studies at California State University, Northridge.

"It is not an unknown phenomenon in religions to find early documents written by the church's founders," said Myers. "The issue is: Are they authentic early documents or have they been created by people who want a change in the direction of the church? This is true of all religions.

"As a religious scholar, what I can say is that sometimes people want their church to go in a different direction and what follows is the discovery of ancient texts."

But leaders of the Church of Scientology maintain the recovered works of their leader are significant.

Tommy Davis, the head of the church's Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and son of actress and Scientologist Anne Archer, compared the findings to "discovering that Buddha, unbeknownst to anybody, had sat down and wrote down the entirety of his discoveries and it could be verified that he wrote it."

Lancaster, a member for four decades, likened the findings to "if someone in Jesus' time had recorded all the wonderful lectures Jesus had with his disciples."

Jane Dockery, executive director of the Simi Valley Scientology mission in Moorpark, said she has already ordered copies of all the materials - contained on 970 compact discs and corresponding booklets in 57 binders costing $7,500.

"Scientology is the study of wisdom, and it's good to know we now have all the wisdom and all it's missing pieces," she said.

"For us, it feels like we're securing our spiritual future."

According to officials, the papers were recovered through a painstaking hunt included finding tapes and documents in a Wichita, Kan., basement, a storage trailer in Phoenix, and a garage in Oakland, Calif.

The release of the documents marks the third and final batch of Hubbard works to be distributed as part of the decades-long project initiated by Hubbard himself but carried out after his 1986 death by the church's current leader, David Miscavige.

Releases in 2005 and 2007 included updated versions of 18 basic Scientology books to correct transcriptional errors, as well as hundreds of other lectures given by Hubbard.

"It's so huge for our religion having these materials. It's really a renaissance," said Davis. "It's as if it's a rediscovery of our own scriptures and what they hold and what they mean."

So now they are comparing Hubbard directly to Buddha and Jesus? I don’t think that is going to go down very well. And, a 'breakthrough'? Do these guys actually belive this stuff? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that one. :no:

And Davis says: "It's as if it's a rediscovery of our own scriptures and what they hold and what they mean." So, is he saying that no one knew what Hubbard’s ‘scriptures’ meant before now?

Do they really expect anyone to believe that having another 970 CDs of Hubbard’s ramblings on top of all the other hundreds of lectures and dozens of books and other volumes is really going to make much of a difference?

But no doubt every Scientologist will be expected to buy these, after all what is $7,500 when compared to your external freedom? :eyeroll:

How many times was I told that I absolutely had to get the latest release and that I wouldn’t need to get anything else after that? This happened with the Congress Lectures, the Basics and would have happened now if I hadn’t left. A lot of people got pretty upset when they were expected to fork out $1,800 odd for the Basics, this is a whole order of magnitude worse. And besides, where do you store 57 binders?!

I wonder how long it will be until we see these on ebay for a fraction of the original cost?

Axiom142

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
How many times can you repackage something and sell it to the same person? Apparently an infinite number of times, if the buyer is a scio.

Bullwinkle

Patron with Honors
This is the part that stood out to me.

"'It would be like discovering that Buddha, unbeknownst to anybody, had sat down and wrote down the entirety of his discoveries and it could be verified that he wrote it,' said Tommy Davis, the church's top spokesman."

The bolded part marks the inherent lie - an "inb4someonequestionsourveracity" statement if ever there was one. It's like decorative writing on the bullcrap cake - "We're lying. Again. See?"

Mystic

Crusader
Wow! My BULLSHIT Detector just went off the scale.

And Tommy Davis is another failed human lost to the lies of Tech, Ethics and Admin.

Free2Dream

Patron with Honors
Every year it's the same mindless drabble and self-congratulations followed by the inescapable hard sell. I wonder what they'll get for $7500. Hubbard droning on about Sec Checking a tomato?

Warning, Ronbots! Warning! Bullshit detected! Bullshit detected! :eyeroll:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow they had to go all the way to Oakland? Boy that must have been some Odyssey. Maybe we'll hear the tale of how they had to slay the 2 headed crack whore and how they escaped the Hells Angels determined to not let them get those tapes.

Wow they had to go all the way to Oakland? Boy that must have been some Odyssey. Maybe we'll hear the tale of how they had to slay the 2 headed crack whore and how they escaped the Hells Angels determined to not let them get those tapes.

Hahahaha! This would make a blockbuster action film! Indiana Jones got nothin on these guys!

"According to officials, the papers were recovered through a painstaking hunt included finding tapes and documents in a Wichita, Kan., basement, a storage trailer in Phoenix, and a garage in Oakland, Calif."

I got chills reading the harrowing tale of how they discovered these lost SCRIPTURES!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

It's so much more exciting then some typo's, isn't it? What will they come up with next time?

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
..."All the materials -- contained on 970 compact discs and corresponding booklets in 57 binders"...

So the cost will be $10 per CD and $20 per Binder?

Now if someone were to copy all those CDs and digital text from the binders, place it on one or two 32 Gig thumb drives....
Could you sell them for $200?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these recordings wasn't an authentic LRH recording. One or two of his last messages to all scientologists (Ron's Journals) were highly suspect with many staff
not believing that the voice they heard belonged to Hubbard.

It would be very convenient for DM to use this same method to get
"Hubbard" to say certain things that the dwarf needed him to say.

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
Get your barf bags ready.

Thank you for the warning Kookaburra. I had mine ready and it's a good thing! How many times is DM going to be able to come up with "lost tapes" and everyone still believe it and still be excited about yet another hard sell of something that will most likely end up taking up shelf space collecting dust. The thought of listening to 970 LRH cd's gives me a headache. I got fed up back in the 1990's with having to redo the latest version of every course I ever did and rebuy the latest new and improved version of every book I already bought. Wake up people!!! Forget about having your e-meters calibrated -- better yet, have your bullshit detectors calibrated!! DM is cashing in on your gullibility.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
"Lost" materials-The Inside Story

Restoration of “Lost” Scientology Materials

The Inside Story

David Miscavige and the Church of Scientology are currently pushing the PR line of “Restoration of Lost Scientology Materials Complete.” Taken at face value, it sounds like a great accomplishment.

First of all, however, most of these lectures were never actually “lost.” Only a tiny fraction of the 1,000 or so lectures were missing and most of those were recovered in the 1980s -- almost 30 years ago. Most have been there for all these years, only it was not DM's priority to make them available until now. Why? Because "the marketing was not right." Miscavige entire fixation as regards the tech is to release or re-release it in such a way as to make himself appear as glorious as possible, as if it were only he who is providing the tech to us. Presenting them as the "lost" lectures is a witty PR spin to draw attention from the fact that Miscavige personally stopped these lectures from being released years ago.

Consider that even in the 1950s most of LRH's lectures were available on reel-to-reel tape within days. If LRH could make his lectures available with a tiny crew and minuscule resources in the 1950s, how big an achievement is it that, with millions of dollars in resources and even computer technology, Miscavige is now doing the same thing, but instead of days, it took Miscavige 30 years?

If you really look at this "achievement" the most telling issue is not “that now they’re available,” it’s how come these weren’t released decades ago? Isn't that supposed to be RTC’s prime directive... i.e., “Having the tech”?

In that light, it’s factually a very poor show that only now, 30 years late, Miscavige making these available with great fanfare at exorbitant cost.

Here's how a sane person would have handled the release of these lectures: They would have gotten them out on reel-to-reel in the 1980s, then cassette. There would have been no events, just announcements in the magazines and order forms provided. Information would have been sent describing each lecture. That would have been done in the 1980s. When CDs came out, the magazines would have announced the lectures were now available on CD. No "international" events -- LRH forbade them in 1977 because their production knock's everyone's hat off and interrupts their progress up the Bridge. He intended magazines to do that job since Scientologists could read them at their leisure.

Today, the Church the church would have made it known that the lectures could now simply be downloaded. As a result, there would have been MANY more Scientologists. Scientology would have virtually no enemies. It would be cool to be a Scientologist because the Church would not be intrusive and abusive. They would be where they belong -- IN THE BACKGROUND. And what would be in the foreground? L. Ron Hubbard's tech. And thousands of Scientologists, each one a walking advertisement for what that technology can do.

Instead, we have a five-foot-tall spin doctor who has to appear on huge stages surrounded by a dozen or so 40-foot-tall phallic symbols (columns) made of Styrofoam to make him important. Who else in history was compelled to do that? Only one person: freaking Adolf Hitler. And whereas for the last 30 years Miscavige has held these lectures back, refusing to let them be released, in one blanket statement he announces them as "lost" technology when nothing could be further from the truth. How evil can one man be?

The release consists of what are called the Advanced Clinical Course lectures, 1000 lectures given by LRH from the mid-50s to early 60s. These were advanced courses intended to train auditors in the latest technology.

LRH used to travel around the world delivering these. He delivered “Congress” to the broad Scientology public, following that with an ACC in order to train auditors.

“Congresses” were intended for general Scientology public, the ACCs were for trained people. In the Congresses LRH told many entertaining stories, talked about subjects of broad public interest and delivered group auditing.

ACC lectures were much more technical, full of fine points for auditors, including specific auditing techniques and drills. They are less entertaining for anyone not trained. That wasn't their purpose.

To maximize profits, these ACC lectures will probably be sold using the same drill as with the Congresses and the "Basics," i.e., heavy, heavy pressure on staff to sell them and on public to buy full sets. And viewed by the light of church management under David Miscavige, it's surely going to become a mess.

Org staff will be pushed off hat and hammered to sell the full sets to parishioners, every parishioner. Ethics officers will be there to deal with any failed closes. Parishioners will tire of the ceaseless hammering, some sales will be made and life will go on.

And as Joe Howard pointed out today, “As for putting the lectures on CDs, they might as well have them delivered by horse and buggy. They could have put everything on a special edition iPod that Apple would have been happy to custom design and been made available for a fraction of the cost. The transcripts could be put on a Kindle and for that matter they could have had LRH's voice on a Kindle too probably. It's a worthwhile accomplishment but achieved in a very knuckle-headed fashion, which is
standard operating procedure for David Miscavige.”

Jeff Hawkins agreed. As he said, “Dan's point about putting these all on an iPod is a good one. If their intention was to get Hubbard's work out, they would simply release them broadly in the most efficient and economical way possible. If their intention was to MAKE MONEY, well, then they would release them on CD and charge $7.50 a CD for a set of 1000 CDs, and pressure every Scientologist to buy one or more full sets, which is exactly what Miscavige is doing.”

Furthermore, as Golden Era Production manufactures all the CDs they sell with equipment they already own, it is a well-known fact that each CD costs them no more than $0.12 to make. That’s a 6,250% price increase.

However, most Scientologists would consider $7.50 a bargain price for LRH discoveries. Certainly, there’s no arguing with placing a monetary value on LRH’s discoveries. But all this takes for granted that someone else really has the right to own and withhold LRH’s discoveries from you unless you pay whatever price they set.

LRH developed the technology as a gift to mankind. By what philosophical right does David Miscavige own all rights to sell LRH’s discoveries only when he decides and only for a price he selects?

What’s missing from this scenario is purpose.

Not to diminish the importance of the lectures, but in some cases the lectures have already been released earlier on cassette tape, but now they're releasing them again on CD and calling it "new." An example is the 1st ACC -- 74 lectures released in the early 1990’s under the name, "Exteriorization and the Phenomena of Space Lectures."

Miscavige has been doing a similar trick with organizations: remodeling them, holding a Grand Opening and chalking it up as a "new org" whereas it's really only a new building. There are almost no new organizations at all. In fact, I’ve heard they've lost a few. And then there have been several cities which had two orgs -- a Day and Foundation org (two organizations sharing the same building) and in some cases those have been reduced (against LRH policy) to a single organization (to artificially jack up the total number of staff in that particular org, despite the zero net gain).

Nevertheless, these lectures really ARE important. Unfortunately, the Church’s PR release on the subject reeks of DM “spin”: using the release to whitewash his dirty reputation.

What Miscavige and ubercreepy Tommy Davis don’t understand is that good deeds don't excuse felonies. Miscavige is desperately trying to play that card, but the people buying the lie are fewer and fewer. Good deeds don't justify senseless crimes.

When was the last time a common criminal got off the hook by doing good deeds? Well, that’s all David Miscavige is: a common criminal. His out tech -- like interrupting the OT levels with relentless HCO Security Checks -- is responsible for how many deaths of those trying to move up to OT?

The truth is Miscavige committed his crimes because he's a nasty little wood pecker -- who else would physically attack his own staff who are there out of the goodness of their own hearts as volunteers? Who else would force abortions, break up countless marriages with human trafficking, use “disconnection” like a wrecking ball to destroy thousands of families, waste hundreds of millions of dollars in brainless real estate projects -- like demolishing LRH's modest home at the Int base -- the last place where his own children saw him alive -- erecting a brand new McMansion in its place costing $30 million dollars that LRH will never occupy?

Who else would spend $70,000,000 on an RTC building, when there were only about 10 staff left in RTC. To "fix" that one, by report he recently moved in 100 CMO staff, since a price tag of $7 million per capita sounds excessive to anyone. Now he’s got the investment down to a modest $700,000 per capita. Nice to know this fine upstanding manager is able to deal with the responsibilities of spending IAS donations and donations for LRH’s materials in this way.

Who else would spend tremendous sums weekly to fight his legal wars... wars in most cases HE started in the first place? For example, in 1985 a plaintiff was willing to settle for $1.2 million dollars. Against the advice of all legal terminals, Miscavige said “No way.” Result? The legal battle wrangled on for another 10 years at a cost of more than $100 million dollars. That is DAVID MISCAVIGE.

He’s a PR wizard, now releasing 1000 LRH lectures most of which have been totally available all along, and hiding the crime with the label, “lost lectures.” Once again, the Data Series enables you to see through the smoke and mirrors because that, my friend, is a point of illogic, an “outpoint,” called “falsehood.” They were not “lost.”

With whistle-blowing turning the tables on his game, David Miscavige is pretty desperate to come up with "reasons" to explain why he had to commit his crimes -- you see it was necessary to beat up all those people because he was trying to get out the tech and achieve this monumental achievement. LRH called that a DED. It’s from the book, Scientology: History of Man. Goes like this:

“An incident the preclear does to another dynamic and for which he has no motivator -- i.e., he punishes or hurts or wrecks something the like of which has never hurt him. Now he must justify the incident. He will use things which didn’t happen to him. He claims that the object of his injury really DEserveD it, hence the word DED, which is a sarcasm.” -- LRH

The simple truth is most of these lectures could have been released decades ago. DM's excuse was the sound wasn't good enough. Well, if there's a great discovery, is the quality of the sound so important that you don't make the lectures available at all for 30 extra years?

I say no. I say if the purpose is to help as many people as possible as quickly as possible, you’d get the tech out however you can, and make it as inexpensive as possible. Today, there is no reason to make lectures available on CD when they simply could be downloaded digitally, online at near zero cost. Instead of doing that, Miscavige is going to sell them on CD and jack up the price by 6,250%.

What monumental waste. The whole concept of Scientology was to enable people to break the endless cycle of life and death. So why delay release of the tech by 30 years in a matter of life and death? To me, that says “the guy in charge doesn’t care about you or me. He’s got his own personal agenda.”

David Miscavige’s wastefulness is most acute in terms of the tens of thousands of potential public he has offended by his actions and turned away from Scientology.

The vast majority of people searching for answers aren't going to go anywhere near an organization that acts like the mafia, who’s spokesperson lies on national TV, denying the practice of disconnection, and who told Martin Bashir on ABC Nightline it was offensive to be questioned about core Scientology information. He’s the spokesperson! He’s supposed to be asked those questions.

I met Martin and spoke with him. He’s a decent person. His job is to ask tough questions. Tommy’s job is to answer them.

(Martin, if you really want to know about Scientology, ask me. I’ll give you honest answers that make sense because unlike Tommy Davis, I posses the personal integrity and responsibility to answer any questions about Scientology.)

Personally I love the tech because I’ve been able to do so much with it. It is disgusting that the importance of this release is tainted and discolored by the enmity so many people feel toward David Miscavige and his regime.

It's like Bernie Madoff rushing in to take credit for something really positive, after being exposed as a Ponzi thief. It produces a strange admixture of elation and revulsion: I am elated that the lectures are all finally available. I'm offended that David Miscavige has gotten himself alloyed into the mix.

Finally, the point needs to be made that Miscavige claims to have personally edited all these lectures, and we already know he has been active in removing anything he deems "politically incorrect" and things that would cast his own regime in a bad light. That means all the work to edit and release these lectures will have to be done again, once Dumb Monkey is thrown out.

That wouldn't keep me from listening to the lectures. I recommend anyone listen to them because the discoveries LRH covers truly are useful.

Written by Thoughtful

Taken from:
http://www.scientology-cult.com/restoration-of-qlostq-scientology-materials.html

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The odd thing is that I'm still officially "in", and while I still get calls for events, I haven't gotten a call yet to buy this thing.

Has anybody heard of any call-in for this to rival the Basics?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The odd thing is that I'm still officially "in", and while I still get calls for events, I haven't gotten a call yet to buy this thing.

I got a call the other day and I heard this girl saying to somebody else "I'm trying to get everyone to get their ACCs". But the twit was so busy talking to someone else she didn't even respond to me when I talked to her. God I hate those people or at least "The Sea Org Personality" while people are still stuck in that.

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
READY TO START???

I hope my poor friends in CLO Canada got some well-deserved sleep this Christmas... Because there will be sleepless nights to come...

Their quota is $50,000 each week, and the CO CLO will be forced to tell them so every muster.

At $7,500, which is more then an "Ultimate" package ($6,400), all they will need to sell is 6 packages a week. The IAS / Library Campaign can cover the rest.

And if it's 12:30am and no ACC were sold that day, forget about going home. If CO CMO catches you going down the elevator, She'll tear you to pieces.

And we'll give a nice little Gift basket to the top Reg every week, and those who don't sell anything won't get to see their family until they do.

The External Comm Chief will sit at his computer until 2:30am, waiting for confirmation from Kitchener Org that posters were received by Fedex and a photo was sent to prove they were put up on the wall. Actually, all the Kitchener staff went home, so he called one of them to wake them up to go back to the Org at 2am and put up the poster, and then answer the telex.

The FBO MORE will stay up until 3am, writing excuses to the Int Finance Office explaining that the Canadian Orgs didn't make their quota, but they're trying really hard and will succeed next week. She isn't upset that she only has 5 1/2 hours to sleep. She has deeper problems she isn't talking about.

The SNR COMMUICATIONS OFFICER sits upstairs, trying to fix a mysterious problem with their telemarketing system. The Income this week is low, and Angry Execs are blaming him for the issue. He can't concentrate. Not just because it is 2am, but also because his attention is not really on the system anymore. It is on her.

There is a new Sea Org member who is surrounded by all this mess. He is beginning to question things, but hasn't told anybody about it, "because he is new and doesn't know the ropes". When he finally learns the ropes, he will discover the ugly side of the organization. Rather then question authority, he will choose a life of fear, instead of freedom. Nobody knows why he made that choice, maybe personal weakness, maybe faith. 3 Years later he will leave anyway.

High above in the tallest tower, the Wiseman sees history repeating itself. But none of them listens.

-Wiseman of the Watchtower

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hope my poor friends in CLO Canada got some well-deserved sleep this Christmas... Because there will be sleepless nights to come...

Their quota is $50,000 each week, and the CO CLO will be forced to tell them so every muster.

At $7,500, which is more then an "Ultimate" package ($6,400), all they will need to sell is 6 packages a week. The IAS / Library Campaign can cover the rest.

And if it's 12:30am and no ACC were sold that day, forget about going home. If CO CMO catches you going down the elevator, She'll tear you to pieces.

And we'll give a nice little Gift basket to the top Reg every week, and those who don't sell anything won't get to see their family until they do.

The External Comm Chief will sit at his computer until 2:30am, waiting for confirmation from Kitchener Org that posters were received by Fedex and a photo was sent to prove they were put up on the wall. Actually, all the Kitchener staff went home, so he called one of them to wake them up to go back to the Org at 2am and put up the poster, and then answer the telex.

The FBO MORE will stay up until 3am, writing excuses to the Int Finance Office explaining that the Canadian Orgs didn't make their quota, but they're trying really hard and will succeed next week. She isn't upset that she only has 5 1/2 hours to sleep. She has deeper problems she isn't talking about.

The SNR COMMUICATIONS OFFICER sits upstairs, trying to fix a mysterious problem with their telemarketing system. The Income this week is low, and Angry Execs are blaming him for the issue. He can't concentrate. Not just because it is 2am, but also because his attention is not really on the system anymore. It is on her.

There is a new Sea Org member who is surrounded by all this mess. He is beginning to question things, but hasn't told anybody about it, "because he is new and doesn't know the ropes". When he finally learns the ropes, he will discover the ugly side of the organization. Rather then question authority, he will choose a life of fear, instead of freedom. Nobody knows why he made that choice, maybe personal weakness, maybe faith. 3 Years later he will leave anyway.

High above in the tallest tower, the Wiseman sees history repeating itself. But none of them listens.

-Wiseman of the Watchtower

Hopefully this will blow some people out of there.

Gus

Patron with Honors

Oh, the calls will happen, I'm sure. As I mentioned in another thread, I got not one, but two big glossy promo books in the space of a week. And they weren't just mailed, by God they were friggin' Fedexed! One overnight and one ground.

Now that the FedEx trucks have disgorged the glossy promo books I'm sure the calls will start in earnest.

Gus