What's new

With crappy Photoshopping, the Church of Scientology risks a fatwā

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/08...g_the_church_of_scientology_risks_a_fatwa.php

Gawker picks up the story and runs with it.
http://gawker.com/5337728/scientolo...ion-of-god-from-zoroaster-to-kenneth-the-page

BEFORE - Uwe Stuckenbrock
scientology1.jpg

AFTER - Kenny Seybold
scientology3.jpg

List of people from left to right:
1. Booklet guy – depending on version- Uwe Stuckenbrock, Kenny Seybold or Nicola Corias.
a. Kenny Seybold – Sports fields I/C – AKA - lawn mowing I/C
b. Uwe – died on PAC RPF of MS – R.I.P.
c. Nicola Corias – was in RTC and blew or was RPF’ed
2. Casavius Tabayoyan - persuaded to have his name changed to Michael Przybylski and moved to Denmark to avoid being contacted by Declared SP parents.
3. Marc Headley – Blown
4. Gary “Luigi” Lew – L. Ron Hubbard’s personal assistant in charge of Audio Visual duties – still at Int Base
5. Hiro Kimoto – Blew from Int base many years ago
6. Terrance Une – Security Guard at Int Base
7. Robert Barry – offloaded from Int Base
8. Carol Alexander – died at Gold Base of heart attack)
9. Bill Price – Been on PAC RPF for over 12 years
10. John “Gonzo” Gonzalvez – Cameraman on film shoot team at Gold – still there.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Gawker

This Scientology tract features a photo of the world's religious icons, from Muhammad to Jesus to Moses to Confucius (?) standing in awe beneath an usher who also happens to be a Scientologist and is therefore the most powerful God...

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even the CofS wouldn't be stupid enough to offend Muslims in that fashion, would they? Oh wait, they might...

Where's the popcorn :)

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fatwa'

In order for a scholar to be qualified to issue a fatwa, it was required that he obtained an ijazat attadris wa'l-ifta ("license to teach and issue legal opinions") .

To obtain an ijazat attadris wa'l-ifta in the Madrassah system, a student "had to study in a guild school of law, usually four years for the basic undergraduate course" and ten or more years for a post-graduate course.

Not to be confused with Jihad:
Jihad appears frequently in the Qur'an and common usage as the idiomatic expression "striving in the way of Allah"

~Wikipedia

It is my understanding (which could be wrong) that you also have to have the rank of Caliph...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliph

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
scientology1.jpg

My god this is funny. I already wrote to my printer to tell her to make a sign with it.

I'm not yet too sure what to say for the caption. Please help!

(If you don't help, I'll put in the sky backgroun a flying AnonOrange with his "Cult Leader" orange T-Shirt!) :omg:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gud idee iz gud!

scientology1.jpg

My god this is funny. I already wrote to my printer to tell her to make a sign with it.

I'm not yet too sure what to say for the caption. Please help!

(If you don't help, I'll put in the sky backgroun a flying AnonOrange with his "Cult Leader" orange T-Shirt!) :omg:

Most appropro and waaaaay kuuuul! :yes: :clap: :melodramatic:

Ep

Quote: "Who but L. Ron's followers could unite Jews, conservative Arabs and western atheists in outrage?"

LOL Pitch is making the big time. That's my home town rag!

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
New sign is done.

I decided to remove myself from the final sign. This stuff is to serious to have me in it!

IMG_6637800x600.jpg

Other side:
IMG_6636800x600.jpg

This is the picture that was taken to make the flying AO.
IMG_6635800x600.jpg