What's new

from chains to freedom

marjiking

Patron
Please go to post number 4 where this important story has been kindly edited By TrevAnon for ease of reading. M2

hello my name is marjorie king currently 32 years old. this is really hard for me to talk about so bare with me. okay i was 5 years old when my mother joined the sea org i'll never forget that time of my life because we packed up everything and moved to sydney, Australia i remember getting there and me my brother and sister were placed in at that time with the cadets we shared a small room up in the attic of this house floors were dirty mold on the walls and was told that our mother would be back soon. 5 months later she showed up and said that she was going away again for awhile (1yr 1/2 later she came back)we spent that day with our mother i remember during that time she was gone us children pretty much did all the cleaning the cooking i remember changing baby diapers and locked at night into our rooms our so called nanny's at the time would beat us if we didn't do what was asked unfortunately i also was sexually abused at the time. i hated it there i looked forward to when my mom finally got her libs which was few and far between i din't have alot of understanding of what was happening to me and why my mom would let these people abuse me and my siblings and of course threatened with physical abuse if i told didn't help.fast forward 4 years of going thru hell. we moved back to the usa ended up in LA yup the official start of the cadet org.at this point i at 9 yrs of age had already been broke down and accepted that living segregated from my parents was normal being my mother was thrown all over from mission work to working for clo which if i'm correct still does currently for the super power expansion project as the head of the treasury department.la cadets i remember the schooling we got there which to say the least was nil most things i remember was the mass punishings in front of the group if our stats were down if we weren't moving fast enough or cleaning to the ridiculus white glove standard. food was some thing to be cherished for me being i was such a down stat and quite often locked up in the beloved boarded rooms for days at a time with bread and water only to eat.i remember trying to break an arm or purposely try to get my self sick enough to get me to iso or even better the hospital just to get away from it all.i remember begging and pleading with my parents to take an aol. not let me go back of course they asked me what was going on and i had to as always lie saying i missed them.i remember all of the "schooling" i got my education at best is very poor.i can read write spell anything else i have no idea being raised in the sea org all i knew growing up was scientology and how to use deliver it. when my mom and dad got transfered to flag hell got even worse for me i remember at age 12 i started to sneak out of the complex late at night and go to the local newsbin and start to read the paper when i got the chance to. i remember being mistreated and abused raped no matter how hard i tried to keep up my stats it it was never good enough i used to get locked up in this room sometimes when i was a down stat aka red and they would have people watch our rooms we weren't allowed to leave to eat or have time to anything it was like the cadet rpf. i use to dream of joining the epf just so i din't have to be subject to the stuff i was going thru there at 12 i got my wish i joined the epf and failed it due to my not finnishing the courses in time at 13 i re did the epf for clo never passed it don't know why.i got use to the way i was being treated as normal. at 14 i started cutting myself for a way out of sea org purposely said i wanted to kill myself and that i didn't want to be in the sea org.at this point i had read enough forbbiden books newspapers what ever i could get my hands on and realized fully that what was happening in my life was not normal all then the beans started to spill i didn't tell my parents every thing but it was enough to get some changes started with the kids in the sea org my parents opened a full on investigation and well a bunch of us happily life the sea org unfortunately my parents decided to stay in the sea org and dumped my sister and my brother and my self pretty much on our own i got sent to a school for troubled kids which was kinda funny cause i was the goody goody there lol for once i was actually the good kid kinda amazing. i loved it there first time i felt safe year later i got sent to la on my parents last attempt to get me to join the sea org my dumbass joined again left the sea org at 16 got sent to a family friend and well took courses worked for the seattle org and the bellevue mission till i was 18 and officially left the church when i got dumped on my ass at 18 on the streets. having no education job skillz real world life skillz i ended up being homeless and learned the ways of the real world.for quite some time got addicted to meth coke and booze used to deal with my past.over the years i have struggled with being homeless not having the skillz to maintain a job.gone thru extensive psychiatric counseling to help deal with my past and it's effects currently on disability due to the mental state in which my mind has been damaged i deal now with emotional problems communication problems trust issues all in all best way to describe it is a major depressive disorder with anti social and psychotic features with a mood disorder. but today i'm okay i have a very understanding fiance a wonderful daughter i deal with the damage everyday done to me. i'm know i missed a bunch of stuff but some things i'm just not comfortable sharing but all in all that is my story.

Last edited by a moderator:

marjiking

Patron
one heck of a ride atleast it's not the big scary rollercoaster now it's kinda like the kiddie choo choo lol

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Hi Marjorie, welcome to the board.

A heart wrenching story! Very brave to tell it.

I really get what you are telling about not having an education. I took the liberty of editing your story a little so it is easier to read. I am native Dutch so there may be a few glitches. :biggrin:

Hello my name is Marjorie King, currently 32 years old.

This is really hard for me to talk about so bare with me. Okay, I was 5 years old when my mother joined the Sea Org. I'll never forget that time of my life because we packed up everything and moved to Sydney, Australia. I remember getting there and me, my brother and sister were placed in at that time with the cadets. We shared a small room up in the attic of this house. Floors were dirty, mold on the walls and was told that our mother would be back soon.

5 months later she showed up and said that she was going away again for awhile (1yr 1/2 later she came back). We spent that day with our mother. I remember during that time she was gone us children pretty much did all the cleaning and the cooking. I remember changing baby diapers and being locked at night into our rooms by our so called nannies. They at the time would beat us if we didn't do what was asked.

Unfortunately I also was sexually abused at the time. I hated it there, I looked forward to when my mom finally got her libs which was few and far between. I didn't have a lot of understanding of what was happening to me and why my mom would let these people abuse me and my siblings, and of course threatened with physical abuse if I told didn't help.

Fast forward 4 years of going thru hell. We moved back to the USA, ended up in LA yup the official start of the cadet org. At this point I at 9 yrs of age had already been broke down and accepted that living segregated from my parents was normal being my mother was thrown all over from mission work to working for clo which if I'm correct she still does currently for the Super Power expansion project as the head of the treasury department.
LA cadets I remember the schooling we got there which to say the least was nil. Most things I remember was the mass punishings in front of the group if our stats were down, if we weren't moving fast enough or cleaning to the ridiculus white glove standard. Food was something to be cherished for me.

I was such a down stat and quite often locked up in the beloved boarded rooms for days at a time with only to eat bread and water. I remember trying to break an arm or purposely try to get my self sick enough to get me to iso or even better the hospital, just to get away from it all. I remember begging and pleading with my parents to take an AOL, not let me go back. Of course they asked me what was going on and I had to as always lie saying I missed them.

I remember all of the "schooling" I got. My education at best is very poor. I can read, write and spell. Anything else I have no idea of, being raised in the Sea Org all I knew growing up was Scientology and how to use and deliver it.

When my mom and dad got transfered to Flag hell got even worse for me. I remember at age 12 I started to sneak out of the complex late at night and go to the local newsbin and start to read the paper when I got the chance to. I remember being mistreated and abused, raped no matter how hard I tried to keep up my stats it it was never good enough. I used to get locked up in this room. Sometimes when I was a down stat aka red and they would have people watch our rooms we weren't allowed to leave, to eat or have time to anything. It was like the Cadet RPF.

I used to dream of joining the EPF just so I din't have to be subject to the stuff I was going thru there at 12. I got my wish, I joined the EPF and failed it due to my not finishing the courses in time at 13. I re-did the EPF for CLO, never passed it, I don't know why.

I got used to the way I was being treated as normal. At 14 I started cutting myself for a way out of Sea Org purposely. I said I wanted to kill myself and that I didn't want to be in the Sea Org. At this point I had read enough forbbiden books, newspapers and what ever I could get my hands on, and I realized fully that what was happening in my life was not normal at all.

Then the beans started to spill. I didn't tell my parents everything but it was enough to get some changes started with the kids in the Sea Org. My parents opened a full on investigation and well a bunch of us happily life the Sea Org.

Unfortunately my parents decided to stay in the Sea Org and dumped my sister and my brother and myself. We were pretty much on our own, I got sent to a school for troubled kids which was kinda funny cause I was the goody goody there. lol!

For once I was actually the good kid, kinda amazing. I loved it there at first, I felt safe. A year later I got sent to LA on my parents last attempt to get me to join the Sea Org. My dumbass joined again and left the sea org at 16. I got sent to a family friend and well took courses, worked for the Seattle org and the Bellevue mission until I was 18. Then I officially left the church. I got dumped on my ass at 18 on the streets.

Having no education, job skillz or real world life skillz I ended up being homeless and learned the ways of the real world. For quite some time I got addicted to meth, coke and booze and used to deal with my past. Over the years I have struggled with being homeless not having the skillz to maintain a job.

I have gone thru extensive psychiatric counseling to help deal with my past and it's effects. Currently I am on disability due to the mental state in which my mind has been damaged. I deal now with emotional problems, communication problems trust issues all in all best way. It is a major depressive disorder with anti social and psychotic features with a mood disorder.

But today I'm okay! I have a very understanding fiancé and a wonderful daughter. I deal with the damage done to me every day . I know I missed a bunch of stuff but some things I'm just not comfortable sharing. But all in all that is my story.

Mystic

Crusader
Yeow, Marjorie. Good on you still being alive! And welcome to ESMB. You may find many allies here.

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello Marjorie

Thank you for telling your story. It is so important for people to read the reality of what life was for SO children.:yes:

The way you were treated was criminal.:angry:

I am glad that your life is much better now and your daughter doesn't have to go through the same ordeal that you experienced.

Opter

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Marjorie,

Thank you for sharing your story. Whew, you've been through so much. You have courage. I really like that!

Welcome to ESMB. :yes: :flowers:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Marjorie, well done on posting, I know it's not easy after being through anything like that. It does, though, help you to do so and if only makes one person say no to joining the cult then it's worth the effort. It was a very difficult thing to read, it must have been uncomfortable to write. I'm sure I wasn't the only only one with damp eyes at the end of reading that. So thank you very much for the effort you put in to it.:yes:

Cat Daddy

Glad to hear you overcame the Sick and Perverted Church of $cientology and that your future is bright and happy.

Welcome on board, The Ex Scientologist Message Board that is.

Happy-cat.jpg

tetloj

Welcome Marjorie and thanks for posting.

You're clearly one hell of a survivor.

Not sure if you've been lurking here or not, but hopefully finding here that you are not alone will help you manage the trauma of your past.

No-one deserves what you had to deal with in your childhood.

I wish every celebrity supporter of this disgusting cult could read your post.

:hug:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Marjorie and thank you for telling your story. THIS is why we fight! This is why we don't go away!

The cult of Scientology is going down because of these crimes they have hidden out of view for so long.

What courage it took to tell the story! THANK YOU AGAIN!

marjiking

Patron
oops just realized my typos terms etc.. forgive me tried long and hard to forget all the crazy crap from the church.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:welcome: Marjiking, your story of your childhood brought tears to my eyes, thank you for being so brave and telling us about it, as awful as any of the ones I have read over the years *sadness*, I hope you will find comfort and friendship here, and your life now is complete and full of love.

:rose: & :hug: & :cake: to you!

Ogs

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board.

Any update on your brother & sister?

Parents?

Don't respond if you don't feel like it.

Nothing in the world could make me support Ron or Scientology EVER AGAIN after reading your story.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ is why!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
oops just realized my typos terms etc.. forgive me tried long and hard to forget all the crazy crap from the church.

You can edit a post here for 24 hours, then you can't change it after that. You might want to put a note at the top of your original post referring to TrevAnon's helpful reformat in post #4 to save some new reader maybe struggling through the original (Like I did for a bit before giving up). :)

Paul

Leland

Crusader
Hello Marjorie

Thanks for writing and sharing some of your story. Heart wrenching.

Welcome to EXMB!

:)

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marjorie,

You are a fighter and a true survivor. What guts it took to tell your story!

Welcome!

bromo

Patron with Honors
Welcome Marji.Your story also made me tear up this morning. No child should ever have to grow up that way. My sadness for your childhood makes me more angry that this cult is allowed to continue to operate. Enjoy reading here of the wonderful people who are trying to do something about it.

Dean Blair

Welcome to ESMB Marjory. I hope that we will hear a lot more from you as time goes by. Thank you for sharing your story. It takes courage to do that. Your story is heart wrenching and I felt so much empathy for you as I read your words. Publishing your story like this may help others to escape the cult and so I thank you.