Sponsor

Veda

Sponsor
He of course instructed that one separate his opinions from his
tech or data.

Got reasonably good at that.

Afraid I go by my own opinions.

Me suppressive? Fuck you.

Here I can't comment further. Its a good thought though. :)

Is Hubbard's instruction, that one separate his opinions from his tech or data, his opinion? or is it his tech or data?

Is "This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years," Hubbard's opinion or is it his tech or data?

Is the SP doctrine (which apparently you take quite seriously) Hubbard's opinion or is it his tech or data?

Can you not see that when Hubbard said that his opinions are not his tech or data, and that his tech or data are FACT and not his opinions, that that was a sneaky way of making his tech or data unchallengeable in the minds of his followers?

I guess not...

Clueless Morgan

Patron with Honors
So I'm not a scientologist?

KSW1 apart from all the weird instructions and "Now we're supposed to's"
is about making sure you do the right actions and know what you are doing.

Mainstream psychotherapists have what is probably a more stringent
set of guidelines to enable good results. Best I know is far more understandable than KSW 1.

I am a scientologist. I've posted here several times heavy duty
critiques of KSW 1.

Scn is a philosophy and a therapy tech. One might hope those involved do it right.

That the founder wrote many paranoid policies and so on is not really relevant.

Less you are a COS member.

I'm not.

Thank you.

I mean, you can use condoms, not go to church, not pay church tax, and still consider yourself a Catholic...the somewhat antiquated but sadly omnipresent view on religion is that, in order to label yourself as something, you have to agree with it completely and harbor absolutely no criticism on it at all. Or maybe it's just an idea that's left over from Scientology's indoctrination. Who knows. Nevertheless, it's complete BS. There's something called free will. And, say I want to believe in the Catholic theories on why things are the way they are, but I still want to use birth control, then why can't I call myself Catholic?

I honestly find it disturbing how modern society is so uptight with labelling everything. Maybe I don't want to be labelled as something, maybe I do, but in the end it's up to me to decide, within reason. I can't go around calling myself a Hindu but believing there is no such thing as Gods, obviously, but minor discrepancies with the doctrine of the religion should be alright. Also, most of Hubbard's evil policies were in fact organisatorial in nature, and had nothing to do with the beliefs per se. So if we filter out the random cr** that would make us into complete douchebags, we're left with something that can't really hurt us or others. It may, in some people's view, be a time-waster, but then again there are people who go to Star Trek conventions and build model starships. Or as a less abstract example, go to the movies and drink at bars.

Fun is in the eye of the beholder and as long as you're having fun and not hurting yourself or others, there can't be anything wrong with it.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Must be something dutch We dutch teach our cats to use them to sharpen their nails

kokosmat.JPG

Ah. Well, I have some very nice sisal scratching boards for them, and they do scratch there, but they're so willful that they do lots of other things.

I'm pretty sure they're actually demons.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Because Hubbard strayed from his original premmiss by building an Institution.

Well not his Premmiss, But crowleys and some psychology.

Free yourself through knowledge (of self and of life)

Knowledge is Power

Bullshit. Hubbard's original premise was to make money, then make more money. The "institution" solidified around that precept.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I was still kinda hoping to hear moar about how military background equates into non Scn brilliance and how my husband's own brilliance, military background AND current interest in the Freezone figures into that...Oh well, I guess it was a cut and run type thing. Move along, nothing to see here.

AnonKat

Crusader
means

Bullshit. Hubbard's original premise was to make money, then make more money. The "institution" solidified around that precept.

actually

"Foolishly perhaps, but determined nonetheless, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed."

-L Ron Hubbard.

Re: Research Request

I see this quote, is acknowledged by at least one ex-Scientologist, but does anyone know where it comes from (is it in a particular Scientology course, policy or book, or from a court record like the 1984 Armstrong case)?

"Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' but just to survive. I turned the thing up so it's up to me to survive in a big way. Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note or painted canvas or hard granite. Foolishly perhaps, but determined nonetheless, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous. It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten, which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt."

L. Ron Hubbard (later, founder of the cult of Scientology) just after having written 'Excalibur', August 1938.

Ruth Lorenzen an ex-Scientologist

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/research-request.35679/#post-759866

TG1

Angelic Poster
The name of the game: I'm bona fide, and you're not.

I'm a patriot, and you're not.
I'm an Aryan, and you're not.
My hair is straight, and yours is not.
I was born in America, but you weren't.
We live on the right side of the tracks, and you don't.
My forebears came over on the Mayflower, and yours didn't.
I went to Harvard, and you didn't.
I wear designer clothes, and you don't.
I'm a Cowboys fan, and you're not.
I'm a Republican / Democrat / whatever, and you're not.

Who cares! This is so third-grade it's elementary.

(Get it, yuck, yuck?!)

He-man

Hero extraordinary
La di da di da, I wonder if there's any soap behind this door so?

Whoa! That women shure has some fire in her hearth! Calling people stupid, ah that sort of thing now, how rude.

Love it. What a drama queen.

But where is the frikken soap?