What's new

Never really in, but out.

TheDude

Hi All,

I spent some time in Scientology and was very disappointed with the goings on at the Org. I would love to know if there are any auditors available in Melbourne, Australia to take me through my grades?
I have zero tolerance for the organisation called Scientology but don't have a problem with the tech and have had major wins with the little bit I was "allowed" to do.
Please feel free to PM me.

Regards
TheDude

Veda

Sponsor
Hi, TheDude, and welcome. :)

Hi All,

I spent some time in Scientology and was very disappointed with the goings on at the Org.

That's pretty normal.

I would love to know if there are any auditors available in Melbourne, Australia to take me through my grades?

Lower Grades? or all the "grades" through the OT levels?

The nature of auditing changes as one enters the confidential part of the Grade Chart. It become about Hubbard's "case," which the Scientologist is expected to accept as his own "case."

The term "bait and switch" is sometimes used to describe this.

The best parts of Scientology are at the beginning.

I have zero tolerance for the organisation called Scientology but don't have a problem with the tech

Which tech?

There's a lot of tech.

I've a feeling you've sampled only a tiny amount, and you're assuming that the little bit you've sampled is representative of the rest of the tech.

and have had major wins with the little bit I was "allowed" to do.

-snip-

That's how it usually begins.

Personally I think the Tech is crap, but if you really want to go ahead without the org, look up "The Freezone Association of Australia and New Zealand". They are a group practicing Scientology outside the org.

But you have to swear that you are a converted Scientologist before you can get on their forums.

Mike

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Hi All,I spent some time in Scientology and was very disappointed with the goings on at the Org. I would love to know if there are any auditors available in Melbourne, Australia to take me through my grades?I have zero tolerance for the organisation called Scientology but don't have a problem with the tech and have had major wins with the little bit I was "allowed" to do.Please feel free to PM me.RegardsTheDude
A lot of people, including myself, got hooked on Dianetics after they read Hubbard’s story of curing himself from the horrific injuries that he received during the World War II. Turned out, he didn’t receive those injuries because he was never in combat. You could see his complete medical record posted at Wikileaks, there is no mentioning of the injuries in it.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Hi All,

I spent some time in Scientology and was very disappointed with the goings on at the Org. I would love to know if there are any auditors available in Melbourne, Australia to take me through my grades?
I have zero tolerance for the organisation called Scientology but don't have a problem with the tech and have had major wins with the little bit I was "allowed" to do.
Please feel free to PM me.

Regards
TheDude

Welcome! We'd love to have you stop along the way and hang out here for a while. C'mon in! The conversation's great and the joking and degrading are top notch! :cheers:

Blanky

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi All,

PaulsRobot (see signature) includes the first two grades, namely Expanded ARC Straightwire and Expanded Grade 0, 817 session pages for the two. The non-Scn modules there are generally better than the Scn ones, but each to his own.

Paul

TheDude

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Short answer, Grades O to Clear (not interested in the OT stuff).:eyeroll:

I apologise for not being clearer with my question.

Thanks
TheDude

Veda

Sponsor
According to Scientology tech, at 'Clear" one is free of the "reactive bank":

Cleargirl.jpg

But soon, after becoming a Clear, the person is introduced to the OT levels:

solo2.gif

Notice the very unclear cloud hovering above.

________​

Hi, TheDude, hope the information was helpful. If you're going to be spending time with Freezone Scientologists or Independent Scientologists, while doing your lower grades, it's likely that they'll - at some point - be urging you to continue on the Scientology Grade Chart, and onto the OT levels.

You'll likely be told that, having "gone Clear," you're now in the "No Interference Area" and "at risk."

OT3Interference.jpg

Ignore them. They are mistaken.

_______​

Here are a few more items that may be of interest:

A link to the complete 1990 article on Clear, by former Senior C/S International, David Mayo: http://www.ivymag.org/iv-01-02.html

A brief excerpt from that article: Clear

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

____________​

And, in case you're feeling adventurous, after completing your grades, here's a hundred year old collection of processes.

The antecedent for Hubbard's 'Route One' (See the Scientology book 'Creation of Human Ability' to see 'Route One'):

'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia', published in 1913, by Aleister Crowley in the 'Equinox'. It's an exercise that includes spanning attention, visualization (mock ups), specialized mock ups, where a person attempts to place a mock up of the same size, etc., as a physical object, in the same space as the physical object, and projection of consciousness through the solar system.

It even warns about avoiding what amounts to "overrun."

(Note: "Nuit" - as used in the below link - means, essentially, "Infinity.")

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=4696&postcount=6 (This link leads to post #6 on a thread called 'The Sole Source Myth', which is somewhat derailed after page 5 or so, but it picks up again towards the end.)

http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no10/eqi10004.html (Duplicate, but easier to read.)

Handy navigational aid: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/voyager-interstellar-terms.html

______​

Quoting from John Symonds and Kenneth Grant, who were editors of some of Crowley's writings. Regarding 'Batra', above:

"[It] deals with the magical practice of expanding consciousness to the stars and the planets.

"The word 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' is made up of the Greek words for Frog Mind Ox World Battle, and is a play on the title of the Homeric mock epic, the 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' or 'Battle of the Frogs and Mice'... The idea behind the use of 'Batra', etc. is that it is supposed to [free] the mind... from its ordinary bounds. Consciousness - so the theory goes - is exalted to infinity by this method."

2079435_deeper-still_u4otpkuoohegc34cxym6cgqbe3ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x457.jpg

0. Let the Practicus [student] study the textbooks of astronomy, travel if need be to a place where the sun and stars are visible, and observe the heavens with the best telescopes to which he may have access.

1. Now, since the figures will leave no distinct impression with any precision upon his mind, let him begin practice A.

...A. Let the praticus be seated before a small table, and let an unknown number of small objects be thrown by the chela [teacher or trainer] from time to time upon the table, and by that chela hastily gathered up.

...Let the practicus declare at a glance, and the chela confirm by his count, the number of such objects...

...The quickness of the chela in gathering up is expected to increase with time... Care must be taken to detect the first symptom of fatigue, and to stop, if possible, even before it threatens. The practiced psychologist learns to recognize even minute hesitations that mark the forcing of attention.

2. Alternating with the above, let the practicus begin the practice B.

...B. It is assumed that he has thoroughly conquered the elementary difficulties of Dharana [concentration], and is able to prevent mental pictures from altering shape, size, and color against his will.

....Seated in the open air, let him endeavor to form a complete mental picture of himself and his immediate surroundings. It is important the he should be in the center of such a picture, and be able to look freely in all directions. The finished picture should be a complete consciousness of the whole, fixed, clear, and definite.

...Let him gradually add to the picture by including objects more and more distant, until he has an image of the whole field of vision.

...He will probably find that it is very difficult to increase the apparent size of the picture as he proceeds, and it should be his most earnest endeavor to do so. He should seek in particular to appreciate distances...

3. These practices A and B accomplished, and his studies in astronomy, let him attempt practice C.

...C. Let the practicus form a mental picture of the Earth, in particular by striving to realize the size in comparison with himself, and let him not be content until by assiduity he has well succeeded. Let him add the moon, keeping well in mind the relative sizes of, and distances between, the planet and its satellite.

...He will probably find the final trick of the mind to be a constant disappearance of the image, and the appearance upon a small scale. This trick he must outwit by constancy of endeavor.

...He will then add in turn Venus, Mars, Mercury, and the Sun. It is permissible at this stage to change the point of view to the center of the sun, and to do so may add stability...

...And thus, gathering one star after another, let his contemplation become vast as the heaven, in space and time, ever aspiring to the perception of the body of Nuit, yea the Body of Nuit [Infinity].

_____​

Have fun!