What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking PART 2

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
. . .
Marty posted 21 new videos on YouTube a day ago.
His insights, if you can call 'em that, about season two. :shrug:

Been a busy boy.

Stats are up!

It appears that Marty is in Scientological "Power".

I just hope he can find people to sign his petition to re join his group he was pretending to be a part of.

Probably has some unobtainable goal before he cashes in on the big hush money.

Marty obviously needs a group...any group - does not care if it is evil.

Jenyfurrr

Patron
What’s interesting to me in the few I watched is how he’s going on and on about things Mike Rinder wrote at his blog when they were close friends and involved in the Indy movement. The mental disconnect it takes to do that about Mike yet not recognize the same could be done to him (when he was pro-Scientology, then compared to when he was not, then back again) is mind-boggling.

I did see the post about people leaving fake reviews about Monique’s cake business and there were screenshots of people openly talking about that on Facebook. That IMHO is really not ok and very ineffective. Though he’s trying to blame Mike R, Leah, Tony O & Karen D for it, which is ridiculous. They’ve never promoted tactics like that! But it was truly disappointing to see that multiple people would attack her business in that manner - very childish & vindictive-seeming (& similar to what he’s doing to others in his videos).

Jenyfurrr

Patron
(snipped)
If there is a Aftermath 3, I'd wish they would really examine what scientologists believe which is going clear and then OT, and point out the founder even said he failed and wasn't coming back.

Is Marty ever going to talk about that, the state of clear and OT? Or is he going to continue to character assassinate?

They did do an episode with Bruce Hines (hope I got his name right) & Leah’s Mom where they discussed the entire bridge & did go into beliefs & how Leah’s Mom felt after completing OT8 and what some key OT levels are about. If you haven’t seen it, it’s definitely worth watching!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Ray Jeffrey posted on Facebook yesterday and Tony O reposted it at the Bunker:
https://tonyortega.org/2018/02/17/s...-heres-our-first-look-from-the-grand-opening/

RayJeffreyFB2.jpg

Last edited:

RandomCat

Patron with Honors

https://tonyortega.org/2017/12/28/j...ientologys-tax-exempt-status-nope/#more-44718

Never once did Chris or Leah discuss Clear or OT. Only saving the planet.

Major flunk Chris Shelton. The whole purpose of saving the planet is to go clear and then OT, why didn't you ask those questions of Leah?

How many staff on the Freewinds were Clear, how many OT? Did they have qualities and abilities of being Clear and/or OT? Was there proof of people being clear and/or OT or was it just something you believed they were?
I actually thought it was a great interview. Leah and Chris were great at portraying the insanity an average sea org member went through, when stationed for years on the Freewinds. Leah did observe that OT parents seemed more likely to treat their children harshly.
I can answer one of you questions, with a high level of confidence: Nobody showed the qualities and abilities of being Clear and/or OT.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
My takeaway from Ray Jeffrey's comment is that the COS would rather not pay off an attorney
-- perhaps a million or two to make him go quietly -- but instead would prefer to get into a win-at-
all-costs battle, hiring a team of the best lawyers with an unlimited budget and fight for however
long it takes. Perhaps, at a cost of $10-20 million, if need be.

This is the "not one thin dime for Wollersheim" philosophy from the 80's still in play.

"Hey, it's not our money. It's parishioner money! Always much more where that came from."

I've always been OK with Jeffery getting some money for his troubles, since Debbie and Marty
walked away with millions. But I guess it's not to be.

:shrug:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
. . .
My takeaway from Ray Jeffrey's comment is that the COS would rather not pay off an attorney
-- perhaps a million or two to make him go quietly -- but instead would prefer to get into a win-at-
all-costs battle, hiring a team of the best lawyers with an unlimited budget and fight for however
long it takes. Perhaps, at a cost of $10-20 million, if need be.

This is the "not one thin dime for Wollersheim" philosophy from the 80's still in play.

"Hey, it's not our money. It's parishioner money! Always much more where that came from."

I've always been OK with Jeffery getting some money for his troubles, since Debbie and Marty

:shrug:

I don't think the point is so much a "win at all costs" battle as it is to create a situation where no lawyer wants to take on the church, because they will wind up getting screwed by their client after investing vast amounts of time and money into the battle.

Ray J brings up Ford Greene as someone who wound up in that situation. There was also Dennis Erlich's law firm (Morrison and Forerter) who repped him pro bono. From what I remember, they also got screwed but don't remember the details. I do remember hearing that they would never take on a case involving COS again.

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You

Debbie Cook was sued by David "Darth Midget" Miscavige for allegedly violating Non-Disclosure Agreement(s) she signed before leaving Co$. Ray Jeffrey's office took the case and put Ms. Cook on the stand who testified about the horrors D.M. put her through at Gold Base. Instead of Cross Examining her, D.M.'s legal team requested the Judge to allow them to Settle.

The Settlement was handled by Jeffrey's team and approved by the Judge. That means Ray Jeffrey's office received their contingency fee (typically 33% - 45%) out of any moneys paid to Debbie Cook by the Co$ as a result of this settlement.

Since the terms of the settlement were and remain confidential and disclosure would constitute Breech of Settlement and result in substantial penalties, and neither Debbie, the Jeffrey's legal team nor D.M. or any of his people have disclosed the terms there is no basis in fact for any claim that she "walked away with millions".

Monique (not Marty) Rathbun who never was a member of the Co$ is the one who sued D.M. *personally* for ongoing harassment at his orders. She ultimately dropped the suit with her Judge's approval. The Jeffrey's office - because they took case on contingency - was out whatever billable hours they spent on that case (minus their retainer), true enough.

As of this date, no evidence that the Rathbuns received any monies from David "Darth Midget" Miscavige or his minions at Co$ has ever been produced - let alone "millions".

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Debbie Cook was sued by David "Darth Midget" Miscavige for allegedly violating Non-Disclosure Agreement(s) she signed before leaving Co$. Ray Jeffrey's office took the case and put Ms. Cook on the stand who testified about the horrors D.M. put her through at Gold Base. Instead of Cross Examining her, D.M.'s legal team requested the Judge to allow them to Settle.

The Settlement was handled by Jeffrey's team and approved by the Judge. That means Ray Jeffrey's office received their contingency fee (typically 33% - 45%) out of any moneys paid to Debbie Cook by the Co$ as a result of this settlement.

Since the terms of the settlement were and remain confidential and disclosure would constitute Breech of Settlement and result in substantial penalties, and neither Debbie, the Jeffrey's legal team nor D.M. or any of his people have disclosed the terms there is no basis in fact for any claim that she "walked away with millions".

Monique (not Marty) Rathbun who never was a member of the Co$ is the one who sued D.M. *personally* for ongoing harassment at his orders. She ultimately dropped the suit with her Judge's approval. The Jeffrey's office - because they took case on contingency - was out whatever billable hours they spent on that case (minus their retainer), true enough.

As of this date, no evidence that the Rathbuns received any monies from David "Darth Midget" Miscavige or his minions at Co$ has ever been produced - let alone "millions".

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011
True and I would have agreed with you (re the Rathbuns possibly not being in receipt of any money from a secret settlement) right up until Marty went rogue and started making those absurd and ridiculous videos.

The only alternative (that I can see) to the Rathbuns receiving money and having to jump (ie make daft videos) whenever the greedy goblin says so is that Marty has completely lost his marbles and gone mad ... and I don't think that has happened.

Either way I no longer feel the slightest bit of empathy for Marty Rathbun ... he has attempted to screw over the ex community and (even though in many ways I still feel we asked for it by making him the enemy from day one) I cannot forgive that.

I suspect he is being paid in installments (by the goblin) in order to "keep him honest" ... and not in a lump sum.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .

Believe what you want to believe.

I have back channel friends in Texas who are close to the situations and I know
what I'm talking about. I'm a good friend who keeps confidences and can't say
more. Never will. But I do know.

Are real estate transactions generally in the public record? Pretty much.

Have the people involved opened up about settlements to close friends? Yes, for sure.

Will you ever see the settlement documents in the public domain? No.

So believe what you want to believe. I don't care. :shrug: :evillaugh:

Gib

Crusader
. . .

Believe what you want to believe.

I have back channel friends in Texas who are close to the situations and I know
what I'm talking about. I'm a good friend who keeps confidences and can't say
more. Never will. But I do know.

Are real estate transactions generally in the public record? Pretty much.

Have the people involved opened up about settlements to close friends? Yes, for sure.

Will you ever see the settlement documents in the public domain? No.

So believe what you want to believe. I don't care. :shrug: :evillaugh:
I wouldn't be surprised if Marty's backing is from the Freezone, some whale.

In any case, Marty is a useful idiot unbeknownst to hisself.

No clears or OT's Marty, that's the bottom line, no OT levels above OT8 as you said on your website, aye.

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
If the tax exemption in the USA could get taken away from scientology it would make a world a difference in their litigation ability.

Furthermore, if the first amendment was changed back to James Madison's first draft, then, I believe that organizations claiming themselves as religions would be liable for all the civil rights abuses that they perpetrate.
Excerpt from
http://www.beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/46/Drafts_of_the_First_Amendment_in_Congress_1.html

"On June 8, 1789, James Madison proposed a religious freedom amendment to the Constitution:"That in article 1st, section 9, between clauses 3 and 4, be inserted these clauses, to wit: The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed.""

Veda

Sponsor
True and I would have agreed with you (re the Rathbuns possibly not being in receipt of any money from a secret settlement) right up until Marty went rogue and started making those absurd and ridiculous videos.

The only alternative (that I can see) to the Rathbuns receiving money and having to jump (ie make daft videos) whenever the greedy goblin says so is that Marty has completely lost his marbles and gone mad ... and I don't think that has happened.

Either way I no longer feel the slightest bit of empathy for Marty Rathbun ... he has attempted to screw over the ex community and (even though in many ways I still feel we asked for it by making him the enemy from day one) I cannot forgive that.

I suspect he is being paid in installments (by the goblin) in order to "keep him honest" ... and not in a lump sum.
Bolding, above, added.

Marty's first and only post on his first thread: 7 Feb, 2009: http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/movin-on-up.9794/

All things considered, Marty was treated pretty well, IMO.

He returned two days later with this.

Marty's first and only post on his second thread, 9 Feb 2009: http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/movin-on-up-ii.9819/

Marty had a chip on his shoulder from the beginning.

The tragedy is that Marty, just before Scientology moved in and (it appears) placed him on a stipend and a leash for the rest of his life, finally was able to see what Hubbard was actually doing - he had recognized a key part of Hubbard's devious and destructive Method of Operation.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...ntology-religious-liberty-league.40589/page-2

Tragic.

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
I read Martys recent post blaming Leah, Mike, Tony and Karen for the negative reviews of Monique's Cake Business. The Troublemakers FB doesnt appear to be an "offical" page, they can post to it, like anyone else can but I dont think they have any control over. So those that are leaving the neg reviews are not doing so "on orders" from those 4.

While it is shitty to leave neg reviews for something you have never tried I think most people are wise enough to figure out when a small local business has a bunch of negative (or positive) reviews around the same time period from people all over the country those reviews are part of a campaign to promote or hinder the business.

Furthermore the negative ones will often state the reason for the reviews which may have nothing to do with the business BUT they do give prospective patrons knowledge they may not know and can use that to determine if they want to support that business or not. For example if the bakery is using its proceeds to fund artic expeditions to club baby seals most of us are not going to want to use them but if those expeditions are to prevent others from harming the seals yeah ill buy a cake.

I think Marty knows this and he knows that CO$ has such a bad reputation in the real world that their involvement with Co$ will be harmful, same goes for Co$ members but they are so few it wouldn't have any impact on the business.

If people are not lying about the product and are upfront with the reason for the neg review I really dont have a problem with it because most adults are capable of reading between the lines. Marty just wants an excuse to trash his critics and to set them up as the cause of any failures their business have.

Edit to add: Reading his blog led me down a rabbit hole to read some of Alonzos stuff. One massive headache later my take away is that he sure likes to follow ESMB and take things out of context. Dont make the mistake I did, save yourself

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I read Martys recent post blaming Leah, Mike, Tony and Karen for the negative reviews of Monique's Cake Business. The Troublemakers FB doesnt appear to be an "offical" page, they can post to it, like anyone else can but I dont think they have any control over. So those that are leaving the neg reviews are not doing so "on orders" from those 4.

While it is shitty to leave neg reviews for something you have never tried I think most people are wise enough to figure out when a small local business has a bunch of negative (or positive) reviews around the same time period from people all over the country those reviews are part of a campaign to promote or hinder the business.

Furthermore the negative ones will often state the reason for the reviews which may have nothing to do with the business BUT they do give prospective patrons knowledge they may not know and can use that to determine if they want to support that business or not. For example if the bakery is using its proceeds to fund artic expeditions to club baby seals most of us are not going to want to use them but if those expeditions are to prevent others from harming the seals yeah ill buy a cake.

I think Marty knows this and he knows that CO$ has such a bad reputation in the real world that their involvement with Co$ will be harmful, same goes for Co$ members but they are so few it wouldn't have any impact on the business.

If people are not lying about the product and are upfront with the reason for the neg review I really dont have a problem with it because most adults are capable of reading between the lines. Marty just wants an excuse to trash his critics and to set them up as the cause of any failures their business have.

Edit to add: Reading his blog led me down a rabbit hole to read some of Alonzos stuff. One massive headache later my take away is that he sure likes to follow ESMB and take things out of context. Dont make the mistake I did, save yourself
Maybe if the Rathbun's "Let Them Eat Cake Enterprises" fails, a new one can be tried. . .

"MONIQUE'S MIDRATS"

It's a specialty online site that promotes traditional Sea Org food to the general public, with 10% of all sales being donated to some worthy cause like "Save The Whales!"

They could even post success stories from whales that made huge humanitarian donations to the IAS after they were recovered.

Last edited:

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
Maybe if the Rathbun's "Let Them Eat Cake Enterprises" fails, a new one can be tried. . .

"MONIQUE'S MIDRATS"

It's a specialty online site that promotes traditional Sea Org food to the general public, with 10% of all sales being donated to some worthy cause like "Save The Whales!"

They could even post success stories from whales that made huge humanitarian donations to the IAS after they were recovered.

Back in the 80's a bunch of British artists did a Christmas song called Feed the World (Do they know its Christmas time). For some reason when I read "Save the Whales" the chorus tune popped in my head ... Save the Whales, do they know its all a hoax? Save the Whales, let them know its all a hoax.