What's new

Anti-Scientology Fair Game

He-man

Hero extraordinary
JustSheila,

Do you remember what the unit was called after the GO was disbandedand before it was named OSA?

Do you remember? Wasn't it "Special Unit"?

I think Mike Sutter was over it it.
To my memory, yes.

DM led the Special Unit, a part of his rise into power came from holding those reins.

Tanchi

Patron with Honors
No Internet connection.
GA-Cheam-summit-2019-08-14.jpg

Check out those ruby trail shoes.

Cool shoes.
Don't you have an internet connection?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
When in remote locations, into the wild, high in the mountains it's hardly available.

Signal Tours are very expensive for limited needs.
Usually people rely on satellites ( expensive) for communications.

JustSheila

Crusader
JustSheila,

Do you remember what the unit was called after the GO was disbanded and before it was named OSA?

Do you remember? Wasn't it "Special Unit"?

I think Mike Sutter was over it it.
Yeh, it was Mike Sutter.

It was Mike Sutter who was in the CMO, and Val Lisa who headed USGO B1 then as well as the USGO FP Committee. She had to call Mike in 1979-1980 when they needed special approval and sometimes used my phone because I had no limitations because of collection calls and it was billed to AOLA, besides. I was the only one that got confused once and thought it was Mike Rinder and really REALLY hope that is not the basis for the confusion now. I had a long chat with Janis Grady and got that sorted out. Remember, I only worked in a separate office as Dir Income USGO for a year (AOLA staff) then was kicked out when I gave all the USGO F/Lers a 90% discount based on a CMO Pilot. :laugh: :roflmao: So I never met "the Mike" who was CMO and head honcho over USGO from CMO and only had very limited access to GO information, because I wasn't GO staff. It was Mike Sutter, not Mike Rinder. Mike Rinder was still very young then and all accounts say he wasn't there and had nothing to do with the GO then.

Sutter would have been in charge, since B1 USGO was already going to him for approval. Makes sense to me.

I think it was called "Special Ops," but it could have been "Special Unit." Special something or other, anyway.

@StatPush

I have no problem at all with you, but if you get sarcastic with me, you'll get it right back. I spent nine years in the Sea Org and think very highly of Gerry Armstrong. He and Caroline know a lot, no doubt, but there was (and is) still plenty more. Peace.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Mike Rinder talked to Ron Miscavige Snr. in March 2019 about his participation/management of the transition between the GO and OSA. Quick and dirty transcript:

Start at ~16:45
Mike Rinder and Ron Miscavige Snr. said:
16:45.3
MR: Okay, so subsequent to that whole incident, I went back to Clearwater. and I was there, running the CMO and basically that meant I was in charge of Flag. I was the most senior person at the Flag Land Base. And I spent--. And my staff included Ronnie and Bitty and a whole lot of other people that are like old friends of yours and mine, who we've known forever.

RM: Wow.

MR: But I, because of that experience that I had in the Action Bureau with Dave, in 1981, in April, there was a big flap. Uh, actually earlier in 1981, there was a big flap, where someone in the Guardian's Office in Los Angeles had accepted service of a subpoena on behalf of L. Ron Hubbard.

Now, accepting service of a subpoena for someone in a corporate position is a very normal thing. It's not unusual. But when Hubbard found out about it, he HIT THE ROOF. He, that in fact, he disappeared from where he was and went off into hiding. And he sent instructions to the CMO to investigate the Guardians Office for having accepted this service.

So, a mission was sent to the Guardian's Office Worldwide in England that consisted of Terri Gamboa and Norman Starkey, to go do an observation of what happened.

That Observation Mission came back and was, there was subsequently what's called a "Sit Handling" mission, which means now they'll go handle the situation that had been uncovered by their observation. That Sit Handling mission consisted of myself, Jana [Swanson], Marc Yager, Mike Eldridge and one other person who I can't remember. And we went to the Guardian's office worldwide as really the first uh, Sea Org incursion into the operations of the Guardian's Office. Ever.

This was something from outside of the Guardian's office was now coming in to do something and straighten them out.

RM: And that was never done before.

MR: Ever. No. It wasn't even contemplated. It was like, no, this is the realm of Mary Sue Hubbard ... get near it. Bla bla bla.

Hubbard had written to Mary Sue and told her, you bet, you know, cooperate. He not very willingly, gave basically authorization for this mission to go to the Guardian's Office Worldwide Office. Because, the Guardian's Office of the United States had messed up so badly that she was in no position to argue.

RM: I got it.

MR: Okay. That subsequently lead to me doing a series of missions and ultimately the takeover and the disbandment of the Guardian's office.

0:20:11.6

As a result of doing those missions, I, well, I got very experienced in the world of the Guardian's Office, and this was before the Office of Special Affairs was created. But the CMO had basically taken over the Guardian's Office under the direction of Dave, Terri Gamboa, and Norman Starkey.

They were called Special Project.

And that was operating in Los Angeles and now taking control of the Guardian's Office organizations around the world.

At some point, and I'm not going to get too complicated about this, but at some point I then returned, by that time, I was now considered to be a person, a CMO International staff member. There were all sorts of things that were going on during this period in 1981, 1982, 1983. The Mission Holder's mutiny, and the Mission Holders' Massacre. All of that was all going on. And I was brought back to ah, ah, back to Hemet and assigned the post of Chief Officer CMO International.

RM: I got it.
0:21:33.5

MR: And from there I went to the RPF. (Laughs)

RM: You're joking!

MR: No, I went, I went to the RPF very shortly thereafter, for quote falsifying stats. Which was actually, believe it or not, that at the time it was the start of Incomm. The Scientology computer system?

RM: Yup.

MR: And it was, that was such a mess. And Hubbard was being relayed stats by Incomm.

I don't even know how it was being done but it was being sent to his remote location.

And so he was getting stats directly on some form of computer there, and we were getting stats from Incomm at CMO International. And we were having to do what's called a stat analysis every week.

RM: Right.

0:22:19.0

MR: We'd review all the stats and write this report to Hubbard and then he'd send all these orders about what was supposed to be done.

MR: Okay. My stat report about the statistics said that one of the Sea Orgs at AOLA, one of the Sea Organizations had their paid completions going up and that they were in Affluence. Hubbard's graph had them going down. I said the statistics were in Affluence and he wrote back a thing saying I was fucking nuts and I was a, had ev purps and that I was to be sent to the RPF.

MR: In fact what had happened is Incomm had corrected the stats on his computer and not on ours.

MR: Whatev. So I went to the RPF.

RM: This is normal cover your ass stuff. Let's face it.

MR: Exactly.

[...]

25:39.2 So I'm in the RPF and then one of my old um, juniors in CMO CW was Vicki Aznaran. And Vicki Aznaran ultimately became pretty famous or infamous, whichever way you want. Because she ultimately became the Inspector General.

MR: Of RTC. And that's in a whole other story in itself. But this time she had been--, RTC had just been formed, and it was being run by Annie Broeker. And sort of completely independent of the rest of anything happening in Scientology. And Vicki was the person who was in charge of it.

26:17.8

And Vicki then--.
There was a whole lawsuit with Gerry Armstrong. And they wanted to get the files computerized from that lawsuit. And there was nobody to do it. So Vicki picked a bunch of people out of the RPF in Los Angeles and reprieved them. And it was me and a few other people including some of the former CMO CW people that were (laughs) buddies. Rosie Cannon and Rick Cannon and a few other people. And we created this little unit and though we were still--. We had this sort of weird status, not really in the RPF but not actually in the RPF. We just input all these computer files. Pretty soon this became the most successful um operation of computerizing that anybody had ever seen. So it got expanded. And at that point I then got taken out of there and became--, ah, got put into the Legal Bureau of the newly formed Office of Special Affairs International.

JustSheila

Crusader
@Lulu Belle

Some tidbits on Mike Sutter:

In addition they brought in Paul Kellerhaus – the former (or current) Security Chief FLAG and Mike Sutter — former RTC Enforcer and Miscavige right hand man who is identified with the vague title of “executive” (Miscavige busted him to “tape stuffer” – who knows what he is today).

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientologys-response-to-episode-5/

On Sunday morning, January 16, 2011, at about 11 AM, I was visited by my friend to discuss a film script we had written. The appointment for my friend and I to meet was made by us the night before.
When I opened the door, I was surprised to see that my friend was accompanied by Mr. Tommy Davis (The Church of Scientology’s Director of Public Affairs) and Mr. Michael Sutter (Scientology’s Office of Special Affairs) both dressed in their Sea Org uniforms.
The three wanted to have a conversation about a serious matter concerning my well-being. I asked them to leave, saying I was not interested in discussing anything with them at this time.

http://www.scientology-cult.com/michael-fairman-resigns-from-church-of-scientology.html

2. I was in Scientology for 16 years (1976-92). In July of 1992, I
escaped with my wife from Scientology headquarters at Gilman Hotsprings, Ca.
Under duress, my wife and I were forced to return. After intense interrogation
and isolation, my wife and I on October 31, 1992, were able to leave
Scientology, but only after we were coerced to sign a release containing
untrue statements protecting Scientology from legal liability. I remained
silent about my experience in Scientology, since upon leaving I was subjected
to routine monitoring by Mike Sutter of the Religious Technology Center,
(RTC), and Earl Cooley, Scientology counsel.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/NOTs/prince-affidavit.txt (Jesse Prince)

Remini’s report, we’re told, included criticisms of Miscavige, his personal “communicator” Laurisse Stuckenbrock, Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, and other members of Scientology’s upper management. She also “had it out” with Scientology spokeswoman Karin Pouw, church execs Mike Sutter and Hansueli Stahli (who, with another executive, Marion Pouw, have been used as a kind of barnstorming committee, traveling around the country to quiet ex-members with large payments and confidentiality agreements), as well as media handlers Tommy Davis and Jessica Feshbach, accusing them of lying to the press about Scientology’s toxic “disconnection” policy and the excessive interrogations of church members. Remini then filed her report.

https://tonyortega.org/2013/07/08/s...llion-leah-remini-dared-to-ask-wheres-shelly/

Mike Sutter was clearly an asshole and DM's right hand man for OSA dirty work for some time.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Mike Rinder talked to Ron Miscavige Snr. in March 2019 about his participation/management of the transition between the GO and OSA. Quick and dirty transcript:

Start at ~16:45
Thank you, Caroline.

Lots of mis- and dis- information on this thread.

JustSheila

Crusader
"The Church of Scientology pressured Sara Goldberg for months to kick her son out of her life. She wouldn't do it. So the church put her on trial one night in a Scientology building in Clearwater. It was scary. Goldberg cried. She had been a devoted Scientologist for 36 years. Now her church was accusing her of committing a crime against Scientology — not "disconnecting'' from her renegade son. Goldberg had raised Nick Lister as a Scientologist. But in 2009, he befriended an ally of church whistle blowers. That made him a threat in the eyes of the church. At her trial, Goldberg felt trapped. If she didn't cut off contact with Nick, the church could label her a "suppressive person,'' someone to be shunned. Her grown daughter Ashley, a loyal Scientologist, likely would abandon her. "You're giving me Sophie's choice,'' Sara Goldberg said, sobbing. Son or daughter.

..."Church spokesman Tommy Davis boasted: We are going to squash you like a bug, Lister said. Flanking Davis were veteran church security officers Marion Pouw, Mike Sutter and Kathy True — four against one. Lister recalled the meeting:
Davis said the church would lift Lister's suppressive person status only if he recanted his heretical actions, disconnected again from church attackers and divulged everything he knew about them. Lister also had to complete a lengthy reform, re-educating himself on Scientology doctrine.
He knew the church could seal off his parents. He agreed."

https://www.tampabay.com/news/scien...e-a-mother-to-choose-son-or-daughter/2170325/

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Yeh, it was Mike Sutter.

It was Mike Sutter who was in the CMO, and Val Lisa who headed USGO B1 then as well as the USGO FP Committee. She had to call Mike in 1979-1980 when they needed special approval and sometimes used my phone because I had no limitations because of collection calls and it was billed to AOLA, besides. I was the only one that got confused once and thought it was Mike Rinder and really REALLY hope that is not the basis for the confusion now. I had a long chat with Janis Grady and got that sorted out. Remember, I only worked in a separate office as Dir Income USGO for a year (AOLA staff) then was kicked out when I gave all the USGO F/Lers a 90% discount based on a CMO Pilot. :laugh: :roflmao: So I never met "the Mike" who was CMO and head honcho over USGO from CMO and only had very limited access to GO information, because I wasn't GO staff. It was Mike Sutter, not Mike Rinder. Mike Rinder was still very young then and all accounts say he wasn't there and had nothing to do with the GO then.

Sutter would have been in charge, since B1 USGO was already going to him for approval. Makes sense to me.

I think it was called "Special Ops," but it could have been "Special Unit." Special something or other, anyway.

@StatPush

I have no problem at all with you, but if you get sarcastic with me, you'll get it right back. I spent nine years in the Sea Org and think very highly of Gerry Armstrong. He and Caroline know a lot, no doubt, but there was (and is) still plenty more. Peace.

Yeah. It may have been "Special Ops". Definitely Special something.

Mike Sutter was in PAC in the early 80s when I first got in the SO. Remember? I don't know if he was posted in CMO PAC, but I used to see him around all the time.

He had the hots for Pat Selle, so he used to come around to AOLA a lot.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Here is a declaration by Stacy Brooks Young that goes into a Scientology operation by Mike Rinder and Mike Sutter to handle her and Robert Vaughn Young:
Stacy Brooks Young on December 14 1994 said:
I, Stacy Brooks Young, declare as follows:

1. I am over 18 years of age and a resident of Seattle, Washington.

2. I was a Scientologist for nearly 15 years, from January 1975 until I escaped with my husband, Robert Vaughn Young, in July 1989. From October 1975 until I left I was a member of the elite inner circle of Scientology, an unincorporated organization known as the Sea Organization ("Sea Org") which rules the Scientology empire. Unbeknownst to the outside world, even to lower level Scientologists, the head of the Sea Org and of Scientology, David Miscavige, subjects Sea Org members to extremely abusive and degrading treatment, sometimes carried out directly by him but often carried out by his key aides.

3. Such abuses include sleep deprivation, an enforced diet of nothing but rice and beans for weeks or even months at a time, incarceration in Scientology prison camps known as the Rehabilitation Project Force ("RPF") for months and sometimes years; sexual harassment and discrimination, requiring women to undergo abortions with the threat of losing their jobs if they refuse, enforced separation of parents and children, enforced separation of husbands and wives, and denial of proper medical care for people driven into psychotic episodes as a result of such abuse as described above.

4. A year and a half ago, in July 1993, my husband and I were asked by several attorneys to document the abuses we experienced and witnessed while in the inner circle of Scientology. These attorneys were defending people who were being sued by Scientology. Until that time we had kept totally quiet about our experiences because we were aware of how Scientology intimidates and harasses anyone who speaks out publicly about the abuses in this organization. We knew that if we began

CT 7438

to talk about what we knew our lives would no longer be our own, that Scientology would apply their "Fair Game" doctrine against us. The Fair Came doctrine directs Scientologists to lie, cheat and destroy anyone perceived as an "enemy." They claim that Fair Game was canceled long ago, but they are lying. Because we had seen it done to others, we knew that they would send private investigators to talk to our family, friends and neighbors, that they would dredge up everything they could about our private lives, in short, that we would be subjected to a campaign of character assassination just as any other fascist political movement like Scientology would conduct against its critics. However, we made the decision that it was too important to make the truth known, no matter what the cost to our own privacy.

5. The Scientologists have lived up to our worst expectations and beyond. They have stolen our trash, kept us under constant surveillance, sent out libelous information, slandered us to friends and family, and done everything possible to make us "shudder into silence," as Scientology creator L. Ron Hubbard directed them to do with critics. Our home has also been burglarized twice, and while we cannot prove that Scientology was responsible, we pointed out to police investigators that only our in-home office computers and disks were stolen, while other valuables in the house were left untouched.

6. In July 1994, just this past summer, two high level Scientologists approached my husband and me and offered to pay us money if we would perjure ourselves by stating under oath that the information we have provided in sworn declarations is false, which it is not, and agree never to speak or write another critical word about Scientology again. These two Scientologists warned us that if we refused to agree to their terms they would increase the intimidation and harassment of us, break us financially, and ruin our reputations. We still refused to give in to their threats.
7. True to their promise, they have stepped up their campaign against us in the last several months. It is continuing as recently as Monday, December 12, when a

CT 7439

private investigator called my mother and, under the guise that he was doing an investigation of my husband, attempted to turn my mother against me with lurid tales about my sex life. His attempt backfired, however, when my mother made it clear to him that she does not care about my sex life and that his attempt at character assassination made her sick. She demanded to know his name and phone number, and when he refused to give it to her she hung up on him. What they don't realize is that people outside of Scientology don't adhere to their Draconian morality, which especially in the Sea Org is so intrusive that people are sent to the prison camp for their sexual practices (the only exception being Miscavige's hand-picked aides, for whom these same laws do not apply).
This same private investigator has already called one of my sisters and my other sisters are now expecting calls from him as well. Our family and friends are aware that this campaign is being waged against us and that it is being done because Scientology has not been able to silence us any other way.

8. I have been shown an extract of a motion made by Church of Scientology International in the case of Church of Scientology International v. Fishman and Geertz, No. 91-6426-HLH (Tx) (C.D.Cal.) in which CSI falsely alleges that my husband and I committed perjury in certain declarations we have submitted for this case. The extract is entitled Two Other Defense Witnesses Signed False Declarations. XXX[initial SBY] XXX[initial SBY] The phrase "two other defense witnesses" refers to my husband and me. It is false.

9. The extract is based on a certain "Rinder Declaration," submitted October 27, 1994, which is a wildly distorted, false representation of a series of meetings which occurred over an eight-day period in July 1994.

10. In June 1994, two high-level Scientology operatives, Mike Rinder and Mike Sutter, began to call me and my husband begging us to meet with them to "settle our differences." These two people called one or the other of us nearly every day for approximately a month, insisting that we meet with them and assuring us that they

CT 7440

would make it very worth our while to do so, clearly implying that they wanted to pay us money to stop doing the legal consulting work that we have done for Mr. Graham Berry and other attorneys whose clients have been sued by Scientology.

11. My husband Vaughn had no interest in meeting with them at all and told them so in no uncertain terms. Rinder and Sutter continued to call him and even arrived uninvited at our house in Corona del Mar, California, (where Vaughn was finishing up some work in preparation for moving to Seattle,) to try to get him to agree to a meeting. When it became obvious that Vaughn would not agree, they began calling me at our house in Seattle.

12. Mike Sutter called me every day, telling me how important it was that we meet with him and Rinder. Both Mike Sutter and Mike Rinder were superior to me and had a tremendous amount of power over me when I was a member of the cult. Sutter in particular had been assigned to "handle" me after Vaughn and I had tried to leave the cult and had been persuaded to return. Because of this past relationship which I now understand was based on mind control, I was still afraid of Sutter even five years after leaving Scientology. I allowed him to engage me in conversation, and by intimidating me he succeeded in convincing me that Vaughn and I should hear them out. I then talked Vaughn into meeting with them.

13. My state of mind at the time was that I did not want to have anything to do with Scientology any more. Although I did not realize it at the time, I was still under the influence of the cult to the degree that they could still intimidate me, frighten me, and "trigger" strong emotional reactions in me. Scientology was particularly upset about the work my husband and I had done for attorney Graham Berry, advising him about the destructive practices of the upper echelons of Scientology and submitting a number of declarations relevant to CSI v. Geertz. As I explained earlier in this declaration, because of our work for Mr. Berry and other attorneys, Scientology considered us "enemies" and we became the targets of Scientology's

CT 7441

Fair Game doctrine, meaning that we had been harassed and intimidated relentlessly by Scientology operatives. Although they attacked my husband much more viciously than me, it upset me very deeply and frightened me. I did not want to have my private life exposed and I did not want to see my husband's private life being distorted and exposed and held up to ridicule the way Scientology had been doing.

14. Because of their relentless harassment and intimidation, I had made a decision not to do any more work to expose the truth about the Scientology cult and, indeed, had not done so for several months prior to the meetings with Rinder and Sutter. I was also strongly pressuring my husband to stop so that we could regain our privacy and peace of mind. I wanted Scientology to leave us alone.

15. It was in this frightened state of mind that I began to receive the daily phone calls from Mike Sutter. Sutter assured me that the harassment would stop and made it clear that Scientology would pay us a large amount of money if we would settle with them. Sutter also made it clear that if we did not agree to settle with Scientology, we would be subjected to even greater harassment than we had already experienced, although he said that he was "sorry" and that "it doesn't have to be that way," if we would only agree to talk to them. I felt extremely intimidated by his phone calls and strongly pressured Vaughn to agree to talk to them. Although Vaughn did not feel that they were being above-board about their intentions, he agreed to it because he knew that I was very afraid of them and he did not feel he should force me to continue in a situation that was extremely frightening to me.

16. Mike Rinder and Mike Sutter arrived in Seattle on Friday, July 8, 1994. Vaughn also flew to Seattle on that day. Vaughn and I met with them nearly every day for the next eight days. I was extremely gracious and cordial to both of these Scientologists throughout the meetings, inviting them to our home and doing everything possible to create an atmosphere of trust and honor. After reading Rinder's declaration I feel betrayed and outraged that he has now perverted and

CT 7441

twisted things that my husband and I talked to them about during those meetings. I do not fault these two individuals. I know that they are under the influence of Scientology mind control and that the vicious lies Rinder has sworn to in his declaration are part of the campaign of character assassination that he is under orders to conduct against my husband and me.

17. However, I wish to correct the many lies and perversions of the truth that he has told about us. I also want to make it clear that I went along with much of what Rinder and Sutter said to us because I knew it would do no good to argue with them about much of what they were saying. Someone under the influence of Scientology mind control cannot change his mind about certain attitudes and beliefs, and I was aware that because these two people were still under the control of Scientology it would do no good to try to argue with them. Therefore, Rinder seems to have come away from the meetings thinking that I agreed with what he said simply because I did not refute it. The fact is that I did not bother to refute many things he and Sutter said because I knew it would be a waste of time. Furthermore, my husband and I had agreed to go along with them so that we could find out whatever it was they had to say to us that was so important that they had begged us to meet with them for over a month. The reason the meetings went on for so many days was that we kept waiting for them to get to the point and weren't able to find out what it was until the eighth day. (When we did finally get them to get to the point, we walked out.)

18. First and most importantly, at the very outset of these meetings we made it clear that we would not perjure ourselves by recanting any statements made in our previous declarations, that what we had stated was true and we would not now lie by saying that what we had written was not true. Much to their dismay, we also made it clear immediately that we would not in any way denigrate Mr. Graham Berry. They tried to change our minds about Mr. Berry by suggesting that he had put us up to writing our declarations, but we were emphatic in stating that he never did any such

CT 7443

thing and we would not say that he did. At the end of the series of meetings we discovered that, indeed, one of their main purposes was to get us to discredit Mr. Berry, who has been extremely successful in litigating against Scientology. A key theme in the declarations they drafted for us to sign was that Mr. Berry had orchestrated every aspect of our "attack" against Scientology. We refused to go along with their character assassination of Mr. Berry.

19. Throughout the meetings they repeatedly suggested that we write declarations but were vague about what they wanted the declarations to say. When they would bring up the subject of these declarations we would repeat that we could not write anything that would in any way suggest that we had lied, since we had not. At one point Sutter asked me what I felt I would be able to say, and I replied that I would be able to say I had written declarations as an expert witness for the defense of Uwe Geertz and Steven Fishman and that I had written them in a way that would be helpful to their defense. lt is utterly false that "when the Youngs -- especially Stacy Young -- spoke frankly about what occurred here, they revealed that their declarations, too, had been falsified." We repeatedly emphasized to both Rinder and Sutter that nothing whatsoever in our declarations was false.

20. Many of the statements in the Rinder declaration are entirely false, while others are treacherously misleading in the way statements we made are misinterpreted and deliberately twisted to make me or my husband appear to be dishonorable or unscrupulous.

21. It is completely and utterly untrue that "At the beginning of our discussion, both of the Youngs stated that they did not enjoy manipulating the facts to attack and embarrass their former religion, but that economic hardship had compelled them to embark upon that course." Neither my husband nor I have ever believed that Scientology is a religion and would never refer to it as such. Furthermore, neither of us feel that we have manipulated facts. On the contrary, we have told the truth about

CT 7444

many destructive practices that are part of the Scientology empire in the hopes that exposure of these conditions will lead to their being changed.

22. Rinder's opinion that "it was apparent that the reason they were talking to us was because they found it emotionally distressing to be involved in an occupation that required them to figure out how to manipulate and distort facts for use in litigation" is contrived and utterly false. Moreover, I never said that I "could not stand living a lie and wanted out." As I have explained in a previous paragraph, what I found emotionally distressing was the campaign of harassment, intimidation and character assassination Scientology has been waging against us ever since we began to speak out about the abuses inside the cult.
23. Rinder's statement that I said we "tried to live off various family members while Vaughn attempted to establish himself as a writer" is utterly untrue and a fabrication out of thin air, as is the comment that "the family eventually balked at that, and the Youngs were on their own." We never "tried to live off" any of our family members and have been "on our own" all along.

24. Vaughn and I did have financial difficulties when we first left Scientology, as do many long-term members of Scientology's inner circle (and any other totalitarian cult, for that matter) if they are fortunate enough to free themselves from the cult's psychological, emotional and physical subjugation. Vaughn had been a Scientology staff member for 20 years and I had been one for 15 years. We had no résumé that we felt would make any sense to the "outside" world, nor did we have any references. We were considered "enemies " by Scientology, so we knew that people still inside the cult would not say anything favorable about us. Since we had had virtually no professional contact with anyone outside the cult for many years, we had no references. It was literally as if we had just landed from outer space.

25. I am sorry that I told these two Scientologists about the hardships Vaughn and I experienced as we were struggling to come out of the cult experience. I should have

have realized that they would utilize these details of our personal life in their campaign to discredit us. Rinder has now taken this information and twisted it to support his false argument that we are exposing the truth about Scientology to make money. The Court should know that there are many, many other ways we could make a living that would be much more enjoyable and more lucrative. But we feel a moral obligation to do what we can to expose the civil and human rights violations and serious abuses which this cult is perpetrating on its subjugated mind control victims.

26. Rinder falsely states that "At one point in our conversation, Stacy broke into tears and said that she and her husband only began consulting with and selling declarations to Graham Berry because she and Vaughn were so desperate for money. Stacy said she had been willing to say under oath whatever Berry wanted her to say if it would result in getting paid, as she could not face continuing to live under the financial pressure she and Vaughn were suffering. There was one point during the meetings with Rinder and Sutter when I did, indeed, break into tears. It was certainly not, however, for the reason Rinder states. I began to cry at one point as Mike Sutter was attempting to address my concerns about staff conditions and certain specific abuses I suffered while I was in the cult. Something he said triggered some extremely painful memories for me, memories of being forcibly separated from my husband, having our mail intercepted, being kept under guard to keep me from escaping to find my husband, being deprived of sleep for days on end, being locked in a room and interrogated for days at a time, being screamed at and terrorized by Miscavige and his top aides.

27. For many former cult members, certain things someone might say or do can trigger painful memories from their cult experience and they may find themselves becoming very emotional at unexpected times. I found that simply being in the same room with two members of Scientology's inner circle, two people who used to have

CT 7446

enormous power over me, stirred deep-seated emotions that I had not felt since I escaped from the cult. Of course, I did not explain this to these two Scientologists because I knew they would not understand. But certainly I was not upset for the reason Rinder has stated. He is trying to paint my relationship with Graham Berry in a scurrilous light but his accusations are utterly groundless and false. Mr. Berry never told me what to say in my declarations and certainly never drafted a declaration for me to sign the way Rinder and Sutter did for my husband and me. In fact it is the Scientologists who will say whatever will further their own agenda, regardless of whether it is true or not, just as Rinder has done in his declaration. They assume that people outside of Scientology have the same contempt for the legal system as they do, and that others are guilty of the same illegalities, such as perjury, which they commit themselves as a matter of course.

28. Rinder states that "both Mike Sutter and I brought up how we could not understand how they could tell so many lies in the declarations they had filed, especially those in the Fishman case. Neither denied that this was what they had done..." and repeats his character assassination of us as liars in the next paragraph where he states, "We challenged them to explain how they could justify lying as a way of life..." As I have stated earlier in my declaration, in fact my husband and I both repeatedly told them that we had not lied in our declarations, although throughout the meetings Rinder and Sutter did continue to characterize our sworn testimony as "lying." The truth is that if either of these people ever admitted to themselves that our testimony is true it would break the spell that Scientology has over them. But Scientology has a self-policing mechanism built into its mind control techniques which makes it almost impossible for someone under its influence to break through. Rinder and Sutter both know that our testimony is true. They are both acutely aware of the abuses we have described. But they are loyal Party Members and are sworn to protect the Party at all costs.

CT 7447

29. Clearly the main intent of Rinder's declaration is to discredit the declarations my husband and I have filed in CSI v. Fishman and Geertz. He seems most concerned with a declaration submitted by me on January 3, 1994, in which I detail how Scientology's fraudulent negligence in selling Steven Fishman nearly $200,000 of Scientology materials and devices could have driven him into a psychotic episode. Rinder goes on for several pages, carefully reconstructing our conversations to make it appear that I somehow admitted to him that what I wrote was untrue. The subject of my January 3 declaration is extremely sensitive for Scientology and this is why Rinder has spent so much time trying to discredit it. But what I wrote in the declaration is true, and I attached many Scientology documents to prove it.

30. In fact, many people have been driven into psychotic episodes by Hubbard's techniques, as Rinder well knows. Far from being "pure nonsense," what I wrote about is one of Scientology's darkest secrets. I have personal knowledge of many people who have been driven into psychotic episodes by Scientology's techniques. Hubbard wrote precise directions about how to "handle" these people, including the "Isolation Watch." Rinder is well aware of these occurrences but cannot admit to it because it would violate Scientology policy for him to tell the truth about this subject publicly. It would threaten his good standing as a Scientologist and might get him sent to the prison camp, known as the Rehabilitation Project Force, where he would be separated from his wife and children, kept under guard and forced to do hard labor for 12 or more hours a day. Scientologists will do just about anything to avoid being sent to the RPF.

31. Rinder falsely states that I admitted to creating a false impression in the January 3 declaration about Scientology creator L. Ron Hubbard's use of mind control techniques. In fact, it is my firm conviction that Hubbard developed extremely sophisticated mind control techniques, that he did so quite deliberately, and that Scientology practices can be very psychologically damaging because of this. I

CT 7448

did not pull quotes out of context for the declaration as Rinder asserts. I would be happy to provide more quotes from Hubbard in which he goes into even more detail about how Scientology can be used destructively.

32. Rinder also distorted a conversation I had with him concerning Scientology's "upper level" materials. I do know that Hubbard wanted these materials kept secret, but I do not agree that they should be. People have the right to know that Hubbard's science fiction story about the cosmos is what they can expect after they have been sold many thousands of dollars of Scientology services. I do not consider a science fiction story to be a religious scripture, nor do I believe (as Scientologists claim) that there is any danger that anyone will get sick by reading these materials "before they are ready." This story has been published in many, many publications over a period of many years, and I have yet to hear of one person who has gotten sick from reading it. I think the only reason the Scientologists are so worried about keeping these materials secret is that they are afraid of losing money if people learn the truth. Certainly it has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

33. Rinder attempts to use me to further his own agenda in discrediting other former Scientologists. He falsely states that I think Gerry Armstrong and Larry Wollersheim are both psychotic. To set the record straight, I do not think either of these individuals is psychotic. Indeed, I think both are doing very well at recovering from their lengthy experience with Scientology mind control. However, I do know that Rinder and Sutter both think Gerry Armstrong and Larry Wollersheim are psychotic. I also know that they think my husband and I are psychotic, along with many other people who have come to their senses and left Scientology. This is because Hubbard said so. He repeatedly stated that anyone who leaves Scientology is psychotic. When I was still in Scientology and working for the Office of Special Affairs, it was accepted as a basic truth that anyone who left Scientology was crazy, especially anyone who left and then sued Scientology, which both Armstrong and Wollersheim

CT 7449

have done. The truth is that I consider Gerry Armstrong and Lawrence Wollersheim to be good friends and very courageous individuals.

34. Rinder also attempts to use me to discredit the testimony of another former Scientologist, Andre Tabayoyon. Rinder's version of my relationship with Andre and his wife Mary is wildly distorted and is clearly an effort on his part to create bad feelings between us. This is a technique called "Third Party" in Scientology, in which someone deliberately tells lies about a person to turn friends against friends. I did discuss an incident involving Andre, but I did so in the context of voicing concern about a friend. I now regret ever having said a word and realize I should have known he would use it to try to destroy my friendship with Andre and his wife, Mary. The conversation was carried on at Rinder's urging, of course, and I was naive not to see what he was doing. In fact, I value my friendship with Andre and Mary and think they are both extremely courageous to have testified about the outrageous abuses they were both subjected to while in Scientology. I hope they are progressing well in their recovery from Scientology.

35. My husband and I never agreed to "write declarations to set the record straight on points described above along with others." In fact we never did write any declarations or even portions of declarations but rather waited until Rinder and Sutter presented us with their own declarations, drafted by Scientology, for us to sign. When we read them we discovered that they had drafted declarations which did exactly what we had told them repeatedly we would not do. The declarations they wanted us to sign were utterly perjurious, stating that we had lied about virtually everything we have ever stated in declarations submitted in CSI v. Fishman and other cases. Additionally they wanted us to sign a gag order which would have destroyed our freedom of speech as well as our freedom of association by forbidding us ever to speak about our experiences in Scientology or even to meet with anyone else who was speaking about their experiences in Scientology.

CT 7449.1

36. The motion which is based on Rinder's declaration makes the wildly ridiculous claim that we were in "serious emotional turmoil over what [we] had done" and that we "agreed to execute new declarations undoing the false impressions they had created for Mr. Berry." In fact, as I have already stated, we never did execute any declarations for them at all, and the declarations they drafted for us to sign were completely outrageous.

37. The truth is that when they showed us the declarations they wanted us to sign I told them they were completely wrong to think we regretted any aspect of the work we had done for Mr. Berry. Indeed, I told them in no uncertain terms that I am very proud of the work I have done for Mr. Berry, because I feel it is extremely important for the truth to come out about Scientology.

38. Finally, the motion claims that we "demanded" to be paid an outrageous sum of money but that "the Church was and is unwilling to pay the Youngs to tell the truth." In fact, they offered to pay us nearly $200,000 to sign their false and perjurious declarations, but we refused. We told them that we would never sign their declarations no matter how much money they gave us, because we would never perjure ourselves nor would we become pawns in Scientology's vendetta against Graham Berry.

39. Vaughn and I walked out of the meetings at that point, although they begged us to stay. They continued to call us repeatedly over the next several days, imploring us to meet with them again, assuring us that they would give us a "substantial financial settlement," but I finally made it clear to them that there was no point in continuing the meetings. Vaughn and I have made our decision to continue to expose the truth about Scientology no matter the cost, and that is what we intend to do. Rinder's blatantly false declaration is simply another part of their campaign to destroy our reputations and our credibility, which is what they warned us they would do if we did not give in to their demands.

CT 7450

40. During the course of our meetings Rinder commented that he couldn't think of anything he wouldn't do to silence an enemy of Scientology, that as far as he was concerned, the end would justify the means. Sutter and Rinder both made veiled threats during the course of the meetings, making it clear that if we did not settle with them Scientology would ruin our reputations, break us financially, and generally make our lives miserable. True to their threats, Scientology is now doing everything possible, including submitting perjured testimony to this court, to discredit me and my husband. But all of the testimony I have submitted to this court has been true, and it is extremely important that the information which has been submitted remain on the public record.
I swear under the laws of the State of Washington and the United States that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed in Seattle, Washington, this 14th day of December, 1994.
[signed] Stacy Brooks Young
Stacy Brooks Young

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
You're describing a serious personality disorder of a segment of the population.

HCO Bulletin of 27 September 1966

THE ANTI-SOCIAL PERSONALITY
THE ANTI-SCIENTOLOGIST

There are certain characteristics and mental attitudes which cause about 20% of a race to oppose violently any betterment activity.

Veda do you happen to know the date(s) of the issuance of the "High Crimes" as was just wondering which came first.. this 27 Sept 66 issue or the high crimes one (assuming it was just one)

Veda

Sponsor

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This may be what you're looking for dchoiceisalwaysrs.

HCOPL March 1, 1965: Suppressive Acts Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists — The Fair Game Law
Document studied on Confidential GO Intelligence Course.
Thanks I will be having a look at it. Also, I have finally gotten around to reading most of Gerry's reply to me via you and have made a few pages of notes regarding many of Gerry's linked documents. I hope to compose a reply within the coming days..

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's interesting that the GO Intelligence Course uses the original March Fair Game issue in its 1974 "Information Full Hat."

It's likely that the original issue, condoning murder and arson, is the one - privately - used today.
Interesting.. very interesting..do you know the date of the original issue and can you quote a relevant excerpt?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I think Emma knows who sent the email. Ask her. I'd like to know too. Seems appropriate to out him/her.
Emma does know who sent the email. It's not in my imagination. The person who sent it to me also knows it but isn't saying anything about it.
I think she's treating the subject as fair as she can. Why aren't the person or people who has been sent this email speaking up?
I'm trying.
I think Emma is taking the high road on this. I still think it would be appropriate karma to out the sender but I'm not sure I would do that.
I have sent the email to Alanzo. I decided that he should at least know who is behind it.
I never said she should. I think she shouldn't. And I still think the scumbag should be outed.
That will be up to Alanzo.
Doxxing @Alanzo is disgusting. Period.

However, it doesn't make what Alanzo does OK and it, unfortunately gives Alanzo more fuel for his continuing "Poor me! Look at me! I'm a victim!" drama. All around bad show. A sorry ending bit of drama to ESMB, yuk!
No, one action does not make another action OK. We have to learn to separate these things out and stop sainting or demonising people.
I was paraphrasing @Alanzo. What he said, repeatedly, was "I've been attacked! I've been Fair Gamed! Scientology Fair Gamed me, Anti-Scientology Fair Gamed me!! You all are against me!" Once again, because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to go collect the actual quotes, I'm paraphrasing but accurate.

You see, now his victimhood has been verified and certified. Even I admit: Apparently, Alanzo really was the victim of doxxing. He really was a victim!

I'm sure he will blame the wrong target, some "Anti-Scientology tribe" or some such but now he has proof!
I hope he focuses on the individuals responsible.

Who are these people?

This is too vague.

Show the e-mail with xxxx covering personal information.

Be specific.
That's up to him now.
Yes, you are a victim. True.

But this is your fight, not mine. I'm not your enemy. I am not your friend. I'm not part of any of your "tribes". I am not part of your "Anti-Scientology" group. I am not part of any "Alanzo" group. This is your battle. Your fight, not mine.

I find that one person's tactic, doxxing you, to be disgusting but that is not my problem. You can't "guilt" me into fighting your battles for you. I didn't "Fair Game" you, I didn't dox you, I didn't insult you. I argued with you and, unless the rules have changed here at ESMB, that's still allowed.

What will I do about your problems? I will leave you to fight your battles and turn my attention to what I consider important things.
No the rules have not changed. You are allowed.
Why react to false information that you could easily prove wrong?
Does this rule apply to everyone?
By the way, are you covering for Alanzo? I notice you only post when he doesn't.
I think you're the one in love with him.