What's new

Some Questions

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Try telling a trained Supervisor that "It's just not true for me" and see if you get away with it.....noooooo :no:

When I was a course supervisor, I used to ask people to think to themselves of ways in which it was not true and ways in which it was true. That used to work. Now that I understand dichotomies better, I understand why that worked.

Poor old Ronnie-boy was unfortunately stuck in the "I am right" side of the equation and so used to enforce "truth" upon people. His whole SO/CofS/Ethics gang-bang is created to overwhelm with his "truth". He started up that game with his pre-scn affirmations. (http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/ars/ars-2000-03-11.html)

Steve seems to be exercising some discrimination, so well done him!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes that is a good explaination. I'll add it to my list of answered questions. Who wrote this though? Sounds like the script to something like Stargate SG-1 or something... :p
-Steve

The original quote was from Sitchin. Click on the link given and it will state which book in the text. The link is to a book by Lloyd Pye, quoting Sitchin.

I would suggest that you do more research before coming to conclusions, though!

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Try telling a trained Supervisor that "It's just not true for me" and see if you get away with it.....noooooo :no:

When I was a sup at ITO I would try very hard to duplicate the student's viewpoint. Then I would try to see if it was a case of the student misunderstanding what was written, or the student thinking for himself. If an m/u I would fix it, if the latter I would let him "get away with it". I never got into trouble over it.

Paul

P.S. To be fair to Emma, that is not by-the-HCOB sup tech, but it seemed to me to fit in with the Study Tapes idea of allowing the student power of choice over data, and I really didn't care that whoever put out the sup HCOBs only permitted rote handlings.

Last edited:
<snip>

Paul

Steve -

This "Dull old fart" (Dave) would like to second loud and clear the original "Dulloldfart" (Paul) words quoted above.

You are already miles and miles ahead of where I was at your age.

Listen well to Paul.

On one side of the road there is the "ditch" of premature conclusions with insuffecient research. On the other side of the road is the other ditch which is reluctance to "conclude" anything ...."open minded" in the negative sense as used by Hubbard in PTS Type H. In between there is a wide wide road where there is no speed limit... Be conscious of what you do "conclude"... Enjoy the journey!!

Best regards -

Popsweetland

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The original quote was from Sitchin. Click on the link given and it will state which book in the text. The link is to a book by Lloyd Pye, quoting Sitchin.

Paul

A friend has just pointed out the site http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/, which I find very interesting. It is not a hatchet job, but appears to be a scholarly and academic, er, demolition. I'm in the middle of sorting out how much of Pye's work still holds water (in my opinion). More research needed....

Paul