What's new

An update: Some good news and some bad news

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Well perhaps in this case, she could hold and ESMB Reg Event for old times' sake....:p

I was chatting earlier with some guys who thought it might be a good idea to Auction the torture of Alanzo for cash :)

You know $50 gets him into whatever avatar you choose for a day, $100 gets his text automatically changed so whenever he types the word "I" or "me" or "Important" it gets changed into "The armadillo has spoken" or something. $500 gets him banned for a week!

What do you think?

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks Emma, I have been away in non-internet land for a month and have missed ESMB, and have just made my pledge.

Is there really a no-internet land? Yes! And it's in the USA!

Petey

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Can you just auction off a date with 'Lanzo? Or maybe Zinj? :biglove:

Mrs Zinj might have something to say about that.

I don't think there is a Mrs Alanzo, but even if there was she'd probably be totally fine with it :p

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:rose: :rose: :rose: for you Emma, I am so glad that things are plunking along in a positive manner.
I think Natascha will be fine, I like the cut of her jib, she seems fair, honest, and dedicated to keeping things here at ESMB on an even keel, and with you in the occasional background 'help zone' I can see nothing but good things arising.
I, and I'm sure many others too who hang around here, will keep our virtual swords sharpened and at the ready for any fuckery/attempts to degrade this powerful and much need place for healing and interaction.
You have done brilliantly Emma, and I have nothing but the utmost respect.
:cheers: to all you admins and mods!

Rockin' on in the Free World!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I was chatting earlier with some guys who thought it might be a good idea to Auction the torture of Alanzo for cash :)

You know $50 gets him into whatever avatar you choose for a day, $100 gets his text automatically changed so whenever he types the word "I" or "me" or "Important" it gets changed into "The armadillo has spoken" or something. $500 gets him banned for a week!

What do you think?

:roflmao: :roflmao: (might work, and be funny as hella too, I'm sure Al could live with it for a bit, seems ta haz big shoulders :) )

Carmel

Crusader
On the "good news"......It sounds like a great solution and the best one, Emma.

Good on you, and good on Natascha! :thumbsup:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It's totally fine Claire. I was going to PM you anyway to make sure I could include the one you sent earlier on in the year. I'll update both as I want the Pledgie to be accurate :)

Awww...as in awesome, Ems. I'm just glad to help. You WILL make your quote though I must say, the Alanzo torturing sounds like a great idea.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

What do you think?

If you do this, I'm going straight over to Marty's blog and I will become his biggest gushing sycophant. I will get a guest-post spot there and I will tell all the sordid behind-the-scenes stories of the private lives of the posters here on ESMB.

I'm warning you: I will not hesitate to expose The Chicken Incident which led to the creation of ESMB, and from which each of its denizens suffers to this day.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
If you do this, I'm going straight over to Marty's blog and I will become his biggest gushing sycophant. I will get a guest-post spot there and I will tell all the sordid behind-the-scenes stories of the private lives of the posters here on ESMB.

I'm warning you: I will not hesitate to expose The Chicken Incident which led to the creation of ESMB, and which each of its denizens suffer from to this day.

You wouldn't dare!

Besides, that Chicken incident says more about you than it does about Tansy.

It might be worth paying Marty to pretend to pay me to ban you to force you to follow up on your threats little 'dillo!

Terril park

Sponsor

What do you think?

Way cool! Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Hubris and all that. :)

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Excellent news about the future of ESMB. Sincere thanks to Emma and Natascha, for keeping this excellent resource alive.

You might want to add something about this to the FAQ? It's certainly the question I've been wondering about most frequently, since Emma first reminded us that "Everything. Everyone. Everywhere. Ends."

Very pleased at this outcome. Donated... of course. (And wasn't that painless, compared to getting reged? Heh.)

And Paul, I misread 'dillo' anyway. Maybe its a silent letter? Only invisible.