What's new

Just registered, looking for superman

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
So until Superman slides into ESMB wearing his tights, here is our second musical selection for the evening...

Mr David Byrne!

A great song to dance around the room to when you've just had that life-changing insightful joyous moment that your freedom is totally in your own hands and you REALLY can think for yourself. And yes, I did dance to this song in a moment exactly as described. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o80IyIAq7-w

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I read about 3 pages into this thread and it smelled like Jennwonderful spirit so I skipped to the end (26+ pages....was it really that good?) Whaddid I miss?

The trolls are getting more desperate, I think.

Jennwonderful was evidently on the level. You might want to see what Carmelo Orchards wrote about that.

I don't think the op sounds one bit like her. At all.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Jennwonderful was evidently on the level. You might want to see what Carmelo Orchards wrote about that.

I don't think the op sounds one bit like her. At all.

Even if she was 'on the level' and real, there were still elements to her story that followed a pattern (I outlined this on a post in the Jennwonderful thread). This pattern made many people, including me, suspicious of the story's veracity. Because of the nature of an Internet forum, many of us will remain behind the confines of our keyboards and not meet in person. This lack of receiving social clues and body language means that some of us will still question the story's veracity, regardless of what others type and attest to. Unless I see a legal attestation that swears under the penalty of perjury I will probably still doubt the Jennwonderful story.

This thread started down the same path and had similar patterns, so I have the same reservations as stated above.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
If JennWonderful was not a plant with an agenda, she was either nuts or under the influence or simply trolling. As written this did not come over to me as a true story. Maybe JW invented the whole thing. Maybe her friend is the PR person who picked up Tom at her restaurant in New York.

If so this bears no relationship to her story. Which remains unsatisfactory as a real account of a real situation.

I still don't see why JW posted on ESMB.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Even if she was 'on the level' and real, there were still elements to her story that followed a pattern (I outlined this on a post in the Jennwonderful thread). This pattern made many people, including me, suspicious of the story's veracity. Because of the nature of an Internet forum, many of us will remain behind the confines of our keyboards and not meet in person. This lack of receiving social clues and body language means that some of us will still question the story's veracity, regardless of what others type and attest to. Unless I see a legal attestation that swears under the penalty of perjury I will probably still doubt the Jennwonderful story.

This thread started down the same path and had similar patterns, so I have the same reservations as stated above.

Well, if she's on the level, then it doesn't matter if there's a pattern. Carmie says he talked to this lady and I've not known Carmie to lie. So, for me, it's not a foregone conclusion that JennWonderful is JennTheHorrible.

I think things get magnified on discussion groups sometimes.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I sincerely hope you don't think you're speaking on behalf of everyone in this forum. ?!

While I may not be fully up-to-speed on my Internet memes, I'm also not a jerk who goes out of my way to try to make someone feel like cr@p for calling out what looks like bigoted language. If the majority of people on this board had the attitude displayed by some of the folks who have responded to me here, I never would have signed up in the first place. Thankfully not everyone around here is actively looking to humiliate others as some kind of ego-building blood sport. Y'all can knock yourselves out with the snark... :stickpoke: I'll be over here reading and enjoying a nice lazy yawn. :yawn:

White Rabbit, Pooks is a very cool person. I may not agree with her on everything- (wouldn't that be boring!) still, she often provides a nice shot of common sense. She's worth getting to know.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Well, if she's on the level, then it doesn't matter if there's a pattern. Carmie says he talked to this lady and I've not known Carmie to lie. So, for me, it's not a foregone conclusion that JennWonderful is JennTheHorrible.

I think things get magnified on discussion groups sometimes.

This misrepresents what I wrote. I'm being told on this forum something that I cannot verify and the patterns I saw in her story I've also seen in other known fake stories (FormerlyIN on WWP, for example). I am not stating that the stories are the same, but the patterns of contradictory statements and other behaviors follow a similar pattern. By saying that "if she's on the level, then it doesn't matter if there's a pattern" negates everything else I've said (i.e. not being in person and getting social clues and body language) and doesn't address my reasoning. There are known elements of body language and other physiological signs that indicate someone is lying and this being an Internet forum doesn't allow for anyone to view these potential clues. Agree to disagree, maybe?

I get it that you believe her. I'm not trying to take that away from you; I'm just stating that some of us don't buy stories like hers and probably never will. Discussing everyone's reasons is healthy and needed here.

Free Being Me

Crusader
People Defending Trolls
3998.gif_2.gif

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
This misrepresents what I wrote. I'm being told on this forum something that I cannot verify and the patterns I saw in her story I've also seen in other known fake stories (FormerlyIN on WWP, for example). I am not stating that the stories are the same, but the patterns of contradictory statements and other behaviors follow a similar pattern. By saying that "if she's on the level, then it doesn't matter if there's a pattern" negates everything else I've said (i.e. not being in person and getting social clues and body language) and doesn't address my reasoning. There are known elements of body language and other physiological signs that indicate someone is lying and this being an Internet forum doesn't allow for anyone to view these potential clues. Agree to disagree, maybe?

I get it that you believe her. I'm not trying to take that away from you; I'm just stating that some of us don't buy stories like hers and probably never will. Discussing everyone's reasons is healthy and needed here.

Discussion is healthy. I do have a problem with some things that sometimes can arise on fora and other human interactional venues.

For me - and this is just my take on it and my reasoning- if someone I know says they talked to someone and other people think that the story about that someone is fictional, I'm giving credence to the former, not the latter.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
I agree, this thread is now about music. In honor of John Sweeney's book (he devotes a part to Scientology's assertions regarding frontal lobotomies):

[video=youtube;wr-kn0JG5p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr-kn0JG5p4[/video]

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Since you've re-purposed the thread, here's my contribution:

[video=youtube;J4_wXPZ1Bnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4_wXPZ1Bnk[/video]

thank you! Dixie Chicks, one of the best poular groups ever; and Natalie Maines' unique voice one of the best female vocalists ever! :thumbsup:

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
I am still around. Got sucked into reading more. I was never a troll or OSA. And I doubt Clarkkent is either. Up until his last post he seemed to genuinely want to discuss his thoughts. Then sadly like what happened with me, a few get defensive and then he was put in a position to defend himself. It's hard to share what you're thinking and feeling when you get into a defensive mode.

I didn't see any inconsistencies or any unusual pattern in his posts other than it started genuine and got defensive. The last post he made was confusing. But he could have been messing with some of you because of the way he was being treated by some. No one likes to be called a troll when they are putting their feelings on the line for all to see.

In my opinion, unless someone new comes on here with a full on hatred of Scientology and all that is involved, they look suspicious to some of you. I hope that for the good of new members searching for answers that some of you can learn to be more tolerant and understand that some people really do have to experience the abuse for themselves to share your hatred of Scientology practices or the church itself. Some people really are counting on you to understand the place they are in and offer advice based on where they are in their journey.

Of course there are some really wonderful people here that do just that. For me, I hope Clarkkent has thick skin and was able to weed through and pull out what helpful advice was given and brush off the rest.