What's new

Vance Woodward sues the C0$

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Well, now we know why he took his memoir off the market and shut up.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/25/la...in-the-church-heres-the-complaint/#more-14015

Between just 2007 and 2010, Vance says he gave Scientology about $600,000 and about $200,000 was for future services he never received.

His complaint contains a very detailed breakdown of payments he made.

And like Luis Garcia and others have done in similar lawsuits, Vance describes Scientology’s refund policies, which he describes as “one-sided and unconscionable.” He describes multiple attempts to get his money back, to no avail.

He’s suing for breach of contract and asking for restitution and compensatory damages to be proven at trial.

Complaint is over at the Bunker. :clap:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I'm in the process of reading the complaint now.

Check out paragraphs 62-67 - he's going to try to pierce the corporate veil. :happydance:

FUCK YEAH!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for posting this! Great news! More lawsuits hitting the fan. More people leaving! :happydance::happydance::buzzin::buzzin::dance3::dance3::thankyou::dancer::dancer::dancer::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::hifive::goodposting::goodposting::party::party::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Another member left, declared SP and enforced Disconnection - read about it on Mike Rinder's Blog -Sydney Osborne, ex staff member from Denver Colorado leaves the CULT OF SCIENTOLOGY!!

Last edited:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
nice....

Graham Berryan hour ago When a party, such as Scientology, files a CCP 170.6 preemptory challenge there is the risk you may end up with an even more unsuitable judge and Scientology has done that just here. It has no further challenge. IMHO Judge Hess is the worst judge they could have drawn. He is as schooled in Scientology chicanery as any Los Angeles Superior Court judge. He was the judge in the Wollersheim judgment collection case and it was his tentative ruling against Scientology that led the church to finally pay Wollersheim a reported approx. $9M in final settlement (of the original $30M judgment). The defense would be foolish not to keep the new judge since they can also file a CCP 170.6 challenge (once).

I hope Graham , comes here and help.:)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Vance Woodward quotes important *Religious* oaths of a Sea org Member in this Law suit filing. Read #40, #41 and especially #42

Last edited:

Graham Berry

Patron with Honors
nice....

Graham Berryan hour ago When a party, such as Scientology, files a CCP 170.6 preemptory challenge there is the risk you may end up with an even more unsuitable judge and Scientology has done that just here. It has no further challenge. IMHO Judge Hess is the worst judge they could have drawn. He is as schooled in Scientology chicanery as any Los Angeles Superior Court judge. He was the judge in the Wollersheim judgment collection case and it was his tentative ruling against Scientology that led the church to finally pay Wollersheim a reported approx. $9M in final settlement (of the original $30M judgment). The defense would be foolish not to keep the new judge since they can also file a CCP 170.6 challenge (once).

I hope Graham , comes here and help.:)

The Vance Woodward complaint is very well pled from this lawyer’s perspective. However, as we know from the Florida cases, it is going to face some hurdles such as the church’s contention that the dispute must be determined by a Church of Scientology arbitration procedure. In that procedure the Church appoints the three arbitrators who must be scientologists in good standing and if they were to rule against the church they would be subject to severe discipline and expensive ethics handlings. Scientologists are not supposed to sue each other or the church in the civil courts and it is a major “crime” to file legal proceedings against the church or other scientologist in good standing, or to testify against the church or another scientologist. Scientology has argued that the courts cannot even determine whether the arbitration clause is valid without infringing upon the first amendment. However, there are arguments against that – including the church’s own submissions to the IRS in 1993 (which I have).

Gadfly

Crusader
It is interesting that one of Hubbard's key pieces of "tech" for destroying enemies and critics was to overwhelm them with lawsuits.

Whether planned or not, THIS is what is now happening to Scientology. They are getting bombarded with lawsuits, and as time goes on, and as lawyers gain more experience with how to deal with the Scientology cult's legal maneuverings, the BETTER and more adept the lawsuits become.

In the end, it may be "OSA Tech" that brings them down - an avalanche of never-ending lawsuits which eventually overwhelms the despicable Church of Scientology.

I am eager to see more and more lawsuits coming.

:happydance:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
It is interesting that one of Hubbard's key pieces of "tech" for destroying enemies and critics was to overwhelm them with lawsuits.

Whether planned or not, THIS is what is now happening to Scientology. They are getting bombarded with lawsuits, and as time goes on, and as lawyers gain more experience with how to deal with the Scientology cult's legal maneuverings, the BETTER and more adept the lawsuits become.

In the end, it may be "OSA Tech" that brings them down - an avalanche of never-ending lawsuits which eventually overwhelms the despicable Church of Scientology.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Natalia 2.0 at the Bunker also posted a summary of the case as well. I'll copy and post it here:

original.jpg

Gadfly

Crusader

A great man once said,

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Well, the Church of Scientology has been overwhelming people with legal actions (and more) for years. Apparently, if there is anything to the above quote, what they have done to others was a blueprint for what they would wish to have done to themselves!

May it come back 100 times or more in volume, ferocity and intensity! :yes:

Or, in Hubbard terms, one often "pulls in motivators" that resonate with ones original overts, crimes, despicable behaviors, etc. The Church of Scientology has MANY such crimes, overts and despicable behaviors.

They DID TO OTHERS in horrid abundance, and now it is time for the "as you would have done to you" to kick in. :thumbsup:

smartone

My Own Boss

Good idea. I think I'll wait a bit before I file mine then. Wanna make sure it gets handled swiftly and professionally. :whistling:

JGB

Patron
Wow this is not chump change!

Over $210,000.00 for services not delivered! He should get it all back since he never got any service and no longer wants it.

277. Vance paid SF Church at least another $100,000 for services that nominally delivered, but which were of such substandard quality as to be worth nothing and/or which were in certain instances, damaging to Vance

This one may be tricky. That is if he wrote any success stories on services delivered it may be hard for him to prove substandard quality or damages.

I hope he wins :thumbsup:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
When Zhent leaked the financials of the Sydney Org, they had $1,000,000 in undelivered services.

It's a very small org. This is a good strategy for exes to bring down the beast.

A few highlights from the complaint
P4

22. Dianetics is a ... psychotherapy ... fabricated by Science Fiction writer L.Ron Hubbard
Fabricated. Nice choice of word.

p5

37. The Sea Org operates on a rigid, hierarchical, command-and-obey philosphy.
38. Sea Org members Swear to the "Code of a Sea Org Member."
42 Point #17 of the Code of a Sea Org Member states: "I promise through my actions to increase the power of the Sea Org and decrease the power of any enemy."
If the Code of a Sea Org Member is entered into the record, it will surely verify point 37.

Point 42, I had never seen before. It certainly reinforces fair game. The full code of a sea ogre can be downloaded here.

Points 52 - 67 are very interesting. Talk about piercing the corporate veil. It essentially says that the unincorporated Sea Org runs Scientology. Points 64-67 in particular use the term alter-ego to claim that these agencies operate under shadow control of CSI.

Point 68 - "Defendants engaged in a conspiracy with respect to the actions complained herein" is a serious accusation. If Woodward can prove half of what he has claimed about the corporate structure of Scientology, this case will have dealt a pretty serious blow.

The complaint is very direct about the claims of the organization, homo novis, sec checking, gang bang regging. Wow.

Good luck.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Points 52 - 67 are very interesting. Talk about piercing the corporate veil. It essentially says that the unincorporated Sea Org runs Scientology. Points 64-67 in particular use the term alter-ego to claim that these agencies operate under shadow control of CSI.

This is obviously a big deal since the SO holds the vast majority of the cult's financial reserves (as far as we know).

But then onto the next logical step - what is the relationship between DM and the SO? Once the corporate veil is pierced with respect to the SO, it seems that the only thing left to bring down would be DM. And I was a lowly celeb public, so I know jack shit about SO structure.

Karen?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
When Zhent leaked the financials of the Sydney Org, they had $1,000,000 in undelivered services.

It's a very small org. This is a good strategy for exes to bring down the beast.

A few highlights from the complaint

Fabricated. Nice choice of word.

If the Code of a Sea Org Member is entered into the record, it will surely verify point 37.

Point 42, I had never seen before. It certainly reinforces fair game. The full code of a sea ogre can be downloaded here.

Point 68 - "Defendants engaged in a conspiracy with respect to the actions complained herein" is a serious accusation. If Woodward can prove half of what he has claimed about the corporate structure of Scientology, this case will have dealt a pretty serious blow.

The complaint is very direct about the claims of the organization, homo novis, sec checking, gang bang regging. Wow.

Good luck.

Each and every Class 5 Org has at least $1,000,000 of services paid for but not delivered. I could not figure out when I was in how this was okay! I mean - this is OUT EXCHANGE AND CRIMINAL. Then when I left - :coolwink:I figured it out! It is all part of the scam! This is all intended using manipulation, ARC and mind control!! $$$$$weet for $ickentology!

Gib

Crusader

yah, the COS overwhelmed the IRS with 1200 lawsuits, and the IRS buckled,

the same can happen in reverse. The more lawsuits AT ONCE put to the COS will buckle them.

The COS only won because of one or two lawsuits against them for the earlier period of time.

I guess they call it karma.

Key word is AT ONCE, not over time.