What's new

Bizarre OT claims (NOT "wins")

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi,

I've seen OTs say some outrageous things about things they supposedly could do. Now, you guys know that even now, I'm just as open to the mystical, the esoteric, the wowie-zowie element as the next guy or gal and probably more than some. I tend to think some OTs really did do some things (though don't ask me to prove it. I can't. This is just opinion.)-- BUT, having said that, I also observed when I was in CofS, that some of these people would just kid themselves.

So I thought it would be fun to contribute some anecdotes, if anyone has any they'd like to share. I'll start.

**SPOILER**This story is rather grisly, so just be warned. It is NOT lighthearted at all.

I knew a lady (The ED- now deceased) of the mission where I was a student, and then staff. She was OTV, Cl VI- probably got to OTVI or VII before she died. Anyway, she seemed to want to brag about stuff almost in an effort to reassure herself that she truly was an OT. I would not say this about everyone who recounted something like this, but I would say this about her. I knew her for a very long time and saw her in action many times. Sooo...there was a girl, Doreen Gaul who was connected to CofS in, I believe, the early
70s, who was murdered. This was a scandal for CofS at the time, I've heard. Anyway, the ED I knew told me that Doreen contacted her after she was murdered and said she was hitchhiking (I think there also was a male companion with her, too, IIRC), got picked up by some people who turned out to be Manson culties, and that Doreen was telling them about her wins and how Scn was making her more capable, etc. The story goes that one of the people in the car said " oh, you can handle a lot, can't you. Let's see you handle this." then they killed her. Doreen knew the lady I knew and came to her, very upset, as a ghost/spirit.

Now, I will say that I personally believe that a visitation like this could happen and I know that a lot of people would NOT agree with me there. But as to whether my former friend/boss/slavedriver/Senior was contacted? I take that with quite a few grains of salt.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Before I got into Scn, I was in a public restroom at a rest stop in Weed, California (near the Oregon border).

Anyway, I walked in to pee and totally knew a girl had been murdered in the restroom. I think I even saw a spot of blood. The bathroom had been cleaned, but this spot had been missed.

A couple of years later I get into Scn. The gal that got me in had been in that same bathroom around the time I had been in there - returning from the Portland Crusade. The murdered gal had a "conversation" with her, letting her know who had killed her.

It was her boyfriend. I had also gotten that from walking into the restroom - but my "getting it" was more of a perception than from a conversation.

The gal that got me in wasn't even "Clear" yet.

So, it doesn't take an OT to get communication from a dead person. It just takes one being receptive to the communication.

Needless to say, I'm a bit leery of rest stop restrooms and public restrooms.

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have a friend, who's never been a Scio, who for as long as I can remember has had visits from relatives that have passed away. I guess they knew she was aware of them so paid her a visit so she could let the rest of the family know they were doing ok. It freaked her out at first but now she she's totally fine with it, her father-in-law even paid her a visit,which upset her husband no end because he wanted to see him.

I too have had experiences with out of body beings and most, but not all, of those were not very pleasant, and I too am not even "Clear." So one doesn't have to have Scn to achieve these abilities, I won't say that it doesn't help but it's definitely NOT the "only way" to achieve or understand them.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I do think that there are manifestations and abilities people may have and that this is by no means contingent on doing Scn. I've heard about way too much, for sure. I even had something happen along those lines after my Dad died and I don't think it was my imagination, though I could not prove it, of course.

The thing with this lady, though, is that, unlike with other people I've talked to over the years about such things, is that I think she imagined it. The reason I think this is that I saw her with so many personal integrity and self esteem issues. I saw her manifest flaw after flaw, insecurity after insecurity, and then chalk them up as her "NOTS case" or some such thing. She even told us that when she flew to Flag, she realized she was on the airplane wing holding up the damn plane. So that's why I don't really believe her about the Doreen Gaul story. There are quite a few people who, if they related a similar account to me, well, I'd probably be a lot more receptive. Not this lady, though.

I wonder how many other OTs there are who tend to explain away their incompetence by talking themselves into believing that they could do stuff that they could not do. It's not that I don't believe in the supernatural or that I think Scn gives people an inside track on having certain knowledge or perceiving certain phenomena that most people cannot--

It's more this: (following is a list of my opinions)

There are amazing things we can do as spirits
There are people who can do them and say they can
There are people who can do them and don't really talk about it
There are people who cannot do them but who
lie and say they can
or
imagine that they could but it's wishful thinking
or who don't make ANY claims about it since they know damn well they can't do those things.

In most fields and areas of endeavor there are the following categories among people who claim to have certain expertise or abilities:

The real deal
Lying fakes/charlatans
People who think they are the real deal but who are kidding themselves

I would think that Kathy and MissPert and many others here who may have similar things to relate are the real deal. This ED I knew-- I think she's category #3.

Does it matter?

Well, she lied to me and worked me half to death. And for what? In the name of shit she could not do and lied about.

Am I being a total bitch? Probably. Sorry, guys.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Before I got into Scn, I was in a public restroom at a rest stop in Weed, California (near the Oregon border).

Great story.

I sent a "Get High on Weed" postcard from there. (It's a high-altitude town and they seriously love bad puns there.)

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious

Anyway, I walked in to pee and totally knew a girl had been murdered in the restroom. I think I even saw a spot of blood. The bathroom had been cleaned, but this spot had been missed.

A couple of years later I get into Scn. The gal that got me in had been in that same bathroom around the time I had been in there - returning from the Portland Crusade. The murdered gal had a "conversation" with her, letting her know who had killed her.

It was her boyfriend. I had also gotten that from walking into the restroom - but my "getting it" was more of a perception than from a conversation.

The gal that got me in wasn't even "Clear" yet.

So, it doesn't take an OT to get communication from a dead person. It just takes one being receptive to the communication.

Needless to say, I'm a bit leery of rest stop restrooms and public restrooms.

I think that everyone has the ability to "communicate" with the deceased be it in a dream sequence, perceptions or an actual conversation.

I, personally, have perceived the presence of close family members at the times of their deaths - even when I wasn't in the same state. It may just be a matter of being open to the wonders of the metaphysical universe.

And, no, I am neither an OT nor a Clear.