What's new

ESMB and The Freezone - let's have it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salesmen are not executioners.

There is nothing wrong with sales.

Especially if those sales pitches are subjected to the FULL DISCLOSURE that we can achieve here.

I never said anything bad about salesman or sales--without them my business would be in bad shape. But we are not talking about a 'business' here. We are talking about people getting pulled back into or never being freed from cult mind control whether through C of S or FZ.
 
I've got no one to recruit to, I don't have a practice.

Basically, I came here last year because I was searching for some info about The Pilot (Ken Ogger), who I hadn't heard about for some time. One of the threads the search turned up was one on here. I registered, logged on and started posting.

You can check the early history of my posts if you want and you'll see I'm speaking the truth. But anyway, I stuck around because there are people I like here and we have some interesting discussions, as well as deciding what to do about the Church.

Some people like my posts here and some clearly don't, that's pretty obvious too. Ultimately, though, the person I'll respond to here is Emma. It's her forum, all she has to do is ban me if she doesn't want me here.

No one is questioning your honesty, or integrity, or your right to be here. And I'm not condemning your post. I like your posts too. What I am getting at, is the question: When one sings the praises of Scientology to ex-Scientologists, is it unreasonable to see in essence as pouring salt into a wound? Would you go to an Alcoholics Anonymoous meeting and talk about how good beer tastes and how much you still enjoy it? That's all.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
So -

Have we had it all out yet?

When does this thread end?

And how?

Will Emma come on here and make "reforms" in the area of Freezoners and ESMB?

Or will we be the first thread to hit 1000 posts in three days?
 
I've got no one to recruit to, I don't have a practice.

Basically, I came here last year because I was searching for some info about The Pilot (Ken Ogger), whom I hadn't heard about for some time. One of the threads the search turned up was one on here. I registered, logged on and started posting.

You can check the early history of my posts if you want and you'll see I'm speaking the truth. But anyway, I stuck around because there are people I like here and we have some interesting discussions, as well as deciding what to do about the Church.

Some people like my posts here and some clearly don't, that's pretty obvious too. Ultimately, though, the person I'll respond to here is Emma. It's her forum, all she has to do is ban me if she doesn't want me here.

Cat's Squirrel the reason I don't get upset with you is because as far as I can see from your previous posts, it appears that you seem to be interested in many many things and not just scientology, I don't personaly feel you are 'stuck' on any one particular thing and have an enquiring mind which I feel is very healthy. Personally I actually enjoy your posts, you certainly have things to contribute and you in no way try to shove your beliefs down anyones's throat, and that I admire and respect. :yes:
 
So -

Have we had it all out yet?

When does this thread end?

And how?

Will Emma come on here and make "reforms" in the area of Freezoners and ESMB?

Or will we be the first thread to hit 1000 posts in three days?

Well everyone can relax now, I just took my blood pressure medicine.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
I never said anything bad about salesman or sales--without them my business would be in bad shape. But we are not talking about a 'business' here. We are talking about people getting pulled back into or never being freed from cult mind control whether through C of S or FZ.

Well, I have had the thought many times:

As long as I contribute to a message board on the subject of Scientology, talking to people about Scientology, even if as an EX, I am not freeing myself from Scientology.

I'm still in it.

Just in a different form.
 
Hi Pixie,
I've been around awhile -- I don't post that often because most of what I have to say was said long ago, and is being said again by new people -- and after a lot of reading on the 'net that "filled in the blanks" for me, I've been able to pretty much leave my scientology experience behind and go on with a life that I like. I haven't read your whole story because I don't spend much time here now (busy with other things)



Like any other skill, learning to say STFU calmly and confidently takes some practice! Keep practicing, hang in there, you'll make it! :thumbsup:



I agree!

Just keep in mind that when you make that declaration, it's not a comment about people's "rights" or about "free speech," -- it's a comment noting that there are people in the world who are too uncaring, too insensitive, too lacking in common social skills, or perhaps just too stupid to understand.

It's part of the damage wreaked by scientology on the personalities of people who might otherwise be fairly normal, even intelligent. Pity.

I know, and I agree, and I am practising.. I really really am.. :nervous: but yes, all you say is very very true and I have nothing more to add and I thank you very much for your kind response. :yes:
 
Well, I have had the thought many times:

As long as I contribute to a message board on the subject of Scientology, talking to people about Scientology, even if as an EX, I am not freeing myself from Scientology.

I'm still in it.

Just in a different form.
I think that's probably true of me too, but I do want to be out of it, and I think coming here is a very great help in eventually getting completely out.
 
So -

Have we had it all out yet?

When does this thread end?

And how?

Will Emma come on here and make "reforms" in the area of Freezoners and ESMB?

Or will we be the first thread to hit 1000 posts in three days?

Dunno, we're going great guns so far :)

Jacques, good point. I'd like to take a break from the board for a day or two - I could do with one - but in all honesty I'm finding this thread compulsive.

I may even sleepwalk tonight and post something on here that I'll have no memory of come tomorrow.:ohmy:

Pixie; thanks for what you said :coolwink:
 
Points of view OK

If we create an environment where anyone can say anything to anyone, then Freezoners can be attacked and picked apart for their ideas and practices, and exposed so that everyone can see what they are up to: if they are.

I do not think that the only stance on Scientology should be militantly anti. That was pretty much the only choice we had when we were first getting out: If you were an EX - then you were anti.

I don't care what other boards think of the position of ESMB. As many people have shown, you can have "anti" cults, too, where no postive response, or even civility, is allowed (i.e. ARS).

The only answer is to allow ALL points of view, to not restrict the flow of ANY information, and to not try to control anyone - for once.

After the cult, it's real good to just let people be who they are.

I have no prob with a person holding a point of view, I am an atheist, that is my fing business, I don't try to 'sell' atheism to others. Similarly, FZ and CoS splinter movements should not 'sell' their stuff here.

I have not problem arguing a point, but when Nexus comes on to 'sell' me Identics, that's too much, that is rude and horribly American. :grouch:
 
This is the 715th post in this thread.

My God would you people shut up!

Fuck it!

Let's go for 1,000!
​
 
I have no prob with a person holding a point of view, I am an atheist, that is my fing business, I don't try to 'sell' atheism to others. Similarly, FZ and CoS splinter movements should not 'sell' their stuff here.

I have not problem arguing a point, but when Nexus comes on to 'sell' me Identics, that's too much, that is rude and horribly American. :grouch:

Yeah, I've noticed. Ignore lists are a wonderful thing.
 
No but...

Well, I have had the thought many times:

As long as I contribute to a message board on the subject of Scientology, talking to people about Scientology, even if as an EX, I am not freeing myself from Scientology.

I'm still in it.

Just in a different form.

This could be likened to a de-compression chamber, and the simile is pertinent to the Scientology exiting process is it not?
 
Yeah, he does that and he has trouble taking no for an answer, distorts what you say in response etc.

I feel I must say in his defence that I have not had that experience of Nexus100 at all. I have found him to be always fair, very articulate and honest as the day is long.. IMO. :yes: However, I do understand the concept of one mans meat is another mans poison.. welcome to planet earth! :p
 
So -

Have we had it all out yet?

When does this thread end?

And how?

Will Emma come on here and make "reforms" in the area of Freezoners and ESMB?

Or will we be the first thread to hit 1000 posts in three days?

I think it's got further to go, but I feel we are getting somewhere by talking about something that obviously needed talking about.

This is what I want:

No recruiting for any flavour of Scientology.

No free adevrtising of any flavour of Scientology.

No PMing of new arrivals with what is actually SPAM in the form of information about any flavour of Scientology.



It might not come to pass, but that's what I want and I want it because I think it's appropriate for where we are.

Details can be worked out and if people don't want what I want I can live with the wishes of the the consensus.

If I'm wrong tell me why.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top