Folks,
It is very difficult for me to write this as I have been in the hospital and am very ill. I haven’t been able to read much of this, or any other thread. And this may be the last thing I write for a long time to come. So here goes:
Proverb:
Fool Alonzo once; shame on you.
Fool Alonzo twice; then you must be Marty Rathbun.
Marty Rathburn is Scientology’s version of Hermann Goering. I just saw him on Nightline and the way he talked and acted he reminded me of Goering and Ribbentrop on trial at Nuremberg. I don’t think anyone who was a victim of the Nazis needed to hear and join with Goering in order to understand that Hitler was bad. Why should anyone trust Goering?
I know it is a cliché to compare Miscavige and Scientology to Hitler and the Nazis, but I do it here for clarity of emphasis, not to compare degrees of evil.
If Miscavige had left Scientology and then complained about Rathbun who was now the head, would you consider Miscavige a friend?
A pox on both their houses. Miscavige and Rathbun are opposite sides of the same coin. And it is a bad penny.
Just expose Scientology for what it is; you don’t have to set up another cult of personality to do that.
In fact, when you support Rathbun you’re just helping to further the insidious aims of those people (like Miscavige or Rathbun) who wish to control and manipulate others. Rathbun has an impressive record of doing so.
Scientology is an effective tool for these kinds of people; they still use the methods of Scientology to control and manipulate people, just like Rathbun is now doing.
The destructive and evil element is Scientology. It is a tool for all would-be dictators. Don’t think by backing one dictator over another you will stop their destructive behavior.
Don’t take you eye off the ball and don’t get misdirected by siding with one punk over the other. Rathbun had his heel on the throats of many good people and he crushed them, and he did this for over twenty-five years.
For those supporters of Rathbun, I just want to show this scene from a film where the defense lawyer (Maximillian Schell) for a Nazi judge (Burt Lancaster) distorts the truth to defend the perverse justice of the Nazis. The defendant who earlier had suffered injustice at the hands of the Nazis is Judy Garland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HP1oiEhgaE
So to the supporters of Rathbun I ask: Are we going to do this again?
Adieu,
The Anabaptist Jacques