What's new

Independent checksheets for Student Hat

AnonKat

Crusader
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/20...golden-age-of-tech-and-fn-confusion/#comments

Joe Howard // August 4, 2010 at 3:43 am | Reply

Marty (and all);
Independent checksheets are currently compiled for Student Hat, M1 Co-audit, Academy Levels 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and NED. They’ll be available shortly, based on the 1987 checksheets. More to come.
(The Original) Joe Howard
(PS. I can’t wait to see the new version of the film since I heard that the actors are not even Scientologists, much less auditors. How is that going to taste, Academy students?)

http://www.scientology-cult.com/

Doom

Lurking.
Sounds like they don't have a decent Course admin,
I had pre 80's check sheets for all the acad levels and everything else delivered in the Acad,
I'm also pretty sure that my opposite number in the BC had the 80's era BC checksheets too.

Must have been a slow news day or this is really a ground breaking moment that shows the greatest achievement of shack tech.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'm guessing that he "wrote" checksheets to avoid copyright problems. I bet they look very much like the 1987 checksheets, as those checksheets were pretty good. Anyway, that's not especially tricky.

But the big problem is materials. It's HUGE. HUGE! (Been there done that!).

Being all on-source and shit they will obviously insist on pure Hubbard only. It's easy to write checksheets that refer to designated-Hubbard issues only. I've written lots of checksheets. But the trouble comes with making up PACKS. You can't just go down to Mimeo and pull a dozen copies of the issues you want, put in a reprint request for the ones that are short, and go back a bit later and pick them up. (Or run them off yourself maybe.) You can physically xerox the issues, but it looks gnarly and it's ILLEGAL!

If someone is at home studying from their illegal electronic copies of tech vols, compliments of Wikileaks, that's easy enough. But if you are trying to run a Standard Tech courseroom, that's too funky and violates sup issues on the pack matching the checksheet. It's also not that easy to study that way.

The only sensible way I found of doing it is to use Clearbird materials, which can be legally purchased or printed in whatever quantity needed.

But they haven't discovered all this yet and probably wouldn't dream of asking people who've been there done that and wrote it up in 2004. Sample (from my indexed 2004/6 online archive):

Date: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:26 am
Subject: Re: Pro Word Clearer Pack & more . . .

--- In [email protected], XXXX wrote:

> I take my LRH straight up, thank you. You are welcome to clearbird.

That is fine as a first-dynamic solution, but what about when you want
to train others? How would you handle twenty people all together you've
never seen before who want to train up to Class IV RIGHT NOW? With cash
in hand?

What do you use for a checksheet? What do you use for course packs?
You don't want to break the law regarding copyright, and 20 people can't
share the one old pack or one set of tech volumes that you have.

What do you do?

Paul

:waiting:

Paul

Last edited:
I wonder if the copyrights -- at least in the USA -- could be made void with a 1st Amendment argument, insofar as copyright law, in the case of Scientology, infringes on the free exercise of religion. I imagine arguing such a case would take a considerable war chest, as the CofS would undoubtably pull out all the stops to prevent it from happening.

AnonKat

Crusader
But they haven't discovered all this yet and probably wouldn't dream of asking people who've been there done that and wrote it up in 2004. Sample (from my indexed 2004/6 online archive):

:omg: Not you too Paul :no: messing with my ADHD (Its a jest don't get upset)

Message 509
Date: Wed Dec 8, 2004 11:31 pm
Subject: Re: [FreezoneOrg]ADHD - should it be treated?

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:03:46 -0000, XXXX wrote:
>
> The essence of ADD, as far as I am concerned and the essence of ADHD
> (in my opinion) is dispersal of attention.

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here. As a course supervisor, I
commonly observed that a student would have his interest and attention
on something, then he would go by a misunderstood something, or see
something that triggered an earlier misunderstood something, and his
attention would instantly disperse off the original item of interest
onto something else. One would note the dispersal as an indicator,
and if he didn't catch it himself, then go in and handle it by
locating the misunderstood something or the earlier restimulated
misunderstood something.

It is tempting to make the mental leap that if someone continually has
their attention getting dispersed off things, then maybe there is a
chain of misunderstood somethings at work, and if these misunderstood
somethings could be located and cleared up, then maybe the dispersals
would lessen and eventually disappear. Even just locating the
misunderstood something(s) would help.

One can get fixated into written words or symbols on a page as being
the only things that can be misunderstood, but I don't see why similar
phenomena could not be caused by other items. What happens when most
people see things in life they don't understand? Or things they
invent explanations for? The parallels with types of m/u seem
interesting, but I haven't done a serious study of it.

A young child lacking knowledge of the world around him would
naturally be surrounded by misunderstood things. Could this possibly
contribute to why he has a "short attention span"?
--
Paul
http://www.fzglobal.org or
http://www.freewebs.com/fzglobal

AnonKat

Crusader
I'd forgotten about that post. I've made so many. Looking at it now, who knows?! :)

Paul

The dispersal of atention is spot on by the way. But as Scientology is concerned skulls could be big empty spaces for all it cares as they totally discard the brain in it all.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The dispersal of atention is spot on by the way. But as Scientology is concerned skulls could be big empty spaces for all it cares as they totally discard the brain in it all.

Yeah. Hey, let me ask you this then, out of curiosity, if you are willing. As an experiment, next time your attention goes wheeee! off something, see if you can spot something obvious in your memory just before it happened that you didn't understand. It doesn't have to be a word or symbol — it might be "WTF is that big green thing?" or "What's behind that door over there?"

I don't know if it is significant (important) or not. There are thousands of things around one every day that one doesn't know. In study phenomena not-understood or mis-understood words are only really important if they hang up one's attention (one can study something and not know literally half the words and miss almost all of the meaning of the piece but be blissfully happy — if ignorant — about it all).

Paul

AnonKat

Crusader
Yeah. Hey, let me ask you this then, out of curiosity, if you are willing. As an experiment, next time your attention goes wheeee! off something, see if you can spot something obvious in your memory just before it happened that you didn't understand. It doesn't have to be a word or symbol — it might be "WTF is that big green thing?" or "What's behind that door over there?"

I don't know if it is significant (important) or not. There are thousands of things around one every day that one doesn't know. In study phenomena not-understood or mis-understood words are only really important if they hang up one's attention (one can study something and not know literally half the words and miss almost all of the meaning of the piece but be blissfully happy — if ignorant — about it all).

Paul

I was the kind of kid my parents bought an encyclopedia for to answer all my questions. I have it still Its from 1977 means I was 3 going on 4.

Mostly my attention gets stuck on something and I forget what I was doing or my surroundings. Being totaly in present Time so to speak. (can alsoo see that the other way around but hey that beetle was very intresting in that time unit)

Creation Cycles often unfinished or finished late(oeh very PAB 13ish)

Sorry Joke. Difficulty in planning things and finishing things on time as attention flutters away. Often Daydreaming or totally absorbed by something.

People with ADHD often notice "odd" things or things that are out of place because its more intresting than the usual things.

Often times they make strange links between things that sometimes can be briljant. (mostly just strange)

My personal favorit is the realization that Hubbard was not getting rid of the "Reactive mind"But was Reprogramming it.

Above is an example to drift of topic alsoo very ADHD ish

Last edited:

FoTi

Crusader
Quote:

"Message 509
Date: Wed Dec 8, 2004 11:31 pm
Subject: Re: [FreezoneOrg]ADHD - should it be treated?

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:03:46 -0000, XXXX wrote:
>
> The essence of ADD, as far as I am concerned and the essence of ADHD
> (in my opinion) is dispersal of attention.

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here. As a course supervisor, I
commonly observed that a student would have his interest and attention
on something, then he would go by a misunderstood something, or see
something that triggered an earlier misunderstood something, and his
attention would instantly disperse off the original item of interest
onto something else. One would note the dispersal as an indicator,
and if he didn't catch it himself, then go in and handle it by
locating the misunderstood something or the earlier restimulated
misunderstood something.

It is tempting to make the mental leap that if someone continually has
their attention getting dispersed off things, then maybe there is a
chain of misunderstood somethings at work, and if these misunderstood
somethings could be located and cleared up, then maybe the dispersals
would lessen and eventually disappear. Even just locating the
misunderstood something(s) would help.

One can get fixated into written words or symbols on a page as being
the only things that can be misunderstood, but I don't see why similar
phenomena could not be caused by other items. What happens when most
people see things in life they don't understand? Or things they
invent explanations for? The parallels with types of m/u seem
interesting, but I haven't done a serious study of it.

A young child lacking knowledge of the world around him would
naturally be surrounded by misunderstood things. Could this possibly
contribute to why he has a "short attention span"?
--
Paul
http://www.fzglobal.org or
http://www.freewebs.com/fzglobal " End Quote

Paul, this makes total sense to me. I never thought about this before but I can see how this really affected my study, in school and in Scientology. Explains a lot to me. Thanks for writing this and thanks to AnonKat for bringing it back up again. This is really useful for me.

AnonKat

Crusader
Paul, this makes total sense to me. I never thought about this before but I can see how this really affected my study, in school and in Scientology. Explains a lot to me. Thanks for writing this and thanks to AnonKat for bringing it back up again. This is really useful for me.

http://helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_adult_symptoms.htm

Myths and Facts about ADD / ADHD in Adults

MYTH: ADD/ADHD is just a lack of willpower. Persons with ADD/ADHD focus well on things that interest them; they could focus on any other tasks if they really wanted to.

FACT: ADD/ADHD looks very much like a willpower problem, but it isn’t. It’s essentially a chemical problem in the management systems of the brain.

MYTH: Everybody has the symptoms of ADD/ADHD, and anyone with adequate intelligence can overcome these difficulties.

FACT: ADD/ADHD affects persons of all levels of intelligence. And although everyone sometimes has symptoms of ADD/ADHD, only those with chronic impairments from these symptoms warrant an ADD/ADHD diagnosis.

MYTH: Someone can’t have ADD/ADHD and also have depression, anxiety, or other psychiatric problems.

FACT: A person with ADD/ADHD is six times more likely to have another psychiatric or learning disorder than most other people. ADD/ADHD usually overlaps with other disorders.

MYTH: Unless you have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD as a child, you can’t have it as an adult.

FACT: Many adults struggle all their lives with unrecognized ADD/ADHD impairments. They haven’t received help because they assumed that their chronic difficulties, like depression or anxiety, were caused by other impairments that did not respond to usual treatment.

Source: Dr. Thomas E. Brown, Attention Deficit Disorder: The Unfocused Mind in Children and Adults