What's new

Lisa Marie Presley and Scientology: Has She Left the Building?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Interesting.... Neil Gaiman is also on the list of exes. I have heard rampant speculation that he is out, and it was sorta hard to miss that Amanda Palmer showed up at Kate Borenstein's book release party, but this is the first I've seen that he is definitely OUT.

Wikipedia has very strict controls about editing anything related to Scn - this is due to vandalism by both the Co$ and critical communities. While wikipedia is criticized for accuracy issues, I tend to dismiss the criticism when Scn is involved.

In fact, Neil Gaiman's page got locked down by Wikipedia after Amanda's visit to Kate's little SP party because of vandalism (not sure by whom, but I think it may be safe to say that the cult was involved). I read the history on his page a few months ago. While I don't know what was vandalized, I can tell you that I was looking on his Wikipedia page over the summer (around the time of Kate's event), because I wanted to see what his history was with the cult. There was ZERO mention of Scn on his page, which was a bit odd. It's since been restored since the page was locked down, and as of a couple of months ago it included the fact that he blew from the SO when he was posted at Flag. All very interesting, IMHO, because some of my recently out friends have developed an interest in his stuff.

And anyway, who can watch the movie Coraline and NOT blow? That "other world" bit is, IMO, nothing but a thinly disguised criticism of how Scn sucks people in.

I am just waiting for the tipping point to go far enough that well known people or celebs who get out have to make public statements of some sort so that it is unequivocal that they are indeed truly out, because if they leave doubt that they are still involved, it will negatively affect their reputation and career. This recent Lisa Marie thing looks like a bit like that, as if being too vague is not the best, so now (post Wright and Jenna Hill?) she has to be a bit less vague. Wright has called Celebs out on their responsibility with the cult of Scientology.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I dunno..

I want to allow them to do it in their own way and in their own time. She is clearly taking steps in that direction. I won't take that away from her.

I think Wright was talking on the TC, JT, Anne Archer.. Lisa has hardly ever served as more than a minor spokes per for the church. She is getting there.. Focus on the big shots, the ones with the custom Suv, motorcycles and hangers who have directly been made aware of abuse at the church and has never looked into it? Really, he has never looked into it?! Either way he is the target..she is already moving in a healthier direction and not taking anything from the church!

/rant :)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Lisa is performing at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles on September 1. VIP tickets are $100.

In addition to the concert ticket, VIP tickets include:

- Meet and Greet with LMP prior to doors

- One Photo Opp with LMP

- One Exclusive Merch item - autographed by LMP

- One Commemorative VIP Laminate

http://www.goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=242526
----------------------------------------------------------

On October 17, she's receiving an award at the 10TH Anniversary Artivist Awards in Los Angeles.

"Ms. Presley co-founded the Literacy, Education and Ability Program (LEAP) a free program for children of all ages in Memphis, Tennessee. She is Chairperson of The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation (EPCF), which continues Elvis’ own tradition of community service and philanthropy."

http://artivist.com/artivist-announ...s-on-october-17-2013-in-hollywood-california/

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
WOW~

We should get as many "SPs" as we can there!

Poor Lisa. Well, girl, you could always do the RIGHT

Thing and

LEAVE!!

:flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Lisa is performing at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles on September 1. VIP tickets are $100.

In addition to the concert ticket, VIP tickets include:

- Meet and Greet with LMP prior to doors

- One Photo Opp with LMP

- One Exclusive Merch item - autographed by LMP

- One Commemorative VIP Laminate

http://www.goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=242526
----------------------------------------------------------

On October 17, she's receiving an award at the 10TH Anniversary Artivist Awards in Los Angeles.

"Ms. Presley co-founded the Literacy, Education and Ability Program (LEAP) a free program for children of all ages in Memphis, Tennessee. She is Chairperson of The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation (EPCF), which continues Elvis’ own tradition of community service and philanthropy."

http://artivist.com/artivist-announ...s-on-october-17-2013-in-hollywood-california/

Well, at least they don't mention CCHR!

LEAP is pretty much dead. Their website is down, the org is on life support filing those 990 postcards for lack of income
Organization Overview
Organization Details
EIN: 680504194
Secondary Name: Literacy Ed and Ability Program -- Google
Saint Louis, MO 63138 Report Address Change
County: St. Louis County
Ruling Date: 1993 (Approximate year when founded)
IRS Type: 501(c)(3) - Public charity: Religious, educational, charitable, scientific, and literary organizations...
Legal basis for public charity or private foundation status (FNDNCD): 11 - School
NTEE: B92 - Remedial Reading & Encouragement
Most recently completed fiscal year (TAXPER) 12/2012
Total Revenue $0

Xenu-directory shows their tax ID number and previous forms
The Literacy, Education and Ability Program: Form 990 filings
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 68-0504194 ...

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/990s.php?ntt=8

Last paper tax return on record is 2007, after that, the old postcards for inactive orgs making no money.
http://nccsdataweb.urban.org/orgs/profile/680504194?popup=1#overview

So let's give Lisa a break on this... she tried.