What's new

Live from GA

technically, they are our children, I just don't say "our" much anymore. If you have watched the documentary The Bridge, you will see a person just like her, and it is quite sad. Once the custody issue is finalized, I hope that someone can talk some sense into her, but the important thing at the moment is to safeguard the children from the cult. I hope that if she ever gets out the Freeloader bill isn't too bad for her, if that is something that is legally enforceable.

Freeloader bills are not legally enforceable. They may be offficially recognised as illegal before long.

I would again like to thank everyone for the welcome. With Thanksgiving here, I appreciate that there were places like this to read and learn and know that I did the right thing in getting the kids back here, and away from my ex. Maybe after the custody battle is over, I will do what my partner wishes, which is to approach her about the huge mistake she is making. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, and let us hope that next year is the yaer that this cult is decomissioned.

FoTi

Crusader
technically, they are our children, I just don't say "our" much anymore. If you have watched the documentary The Bridge, you will see a person just like her, and it is quite sad. Once the custody issue is finalized, I hope that someone can talk some sense into her, but the important thing at the moment is to safeguard the children from the cult. I hope that if she ever gets out the Freeloader bill isn't too bad for her, if that is something that is legally enforceable.

Welcome thetanbuster! :welcome:

The Freeloader bill is not enforceable if she walks away from Scientology.

If she leaves staff and still wants to do services as a public person, she will have to pay it to continue on up the Bridge.....she will be required to pay it before they will allow her to do any further training or processing, which she will also have to pay for. It's their own rule and that's the way they use it.....and also to scare people from leaving staff....making them think they will owe a huge debt if they leave. But legally they can't enforce it outside of Scientology. It's just something they hold over people's heads to discourage them from leaving staff and incurring a large debt that they have to pay to continue services as a public person. Some people stay on staff because they can't figure out how they could afford any of the services if they had to pay for them, so they stay on staff trying to get services that way. For most people that doesn't work anyway and they just waste their life away slaving for the cult, living in poverty....getting nowhere like a squirrel in a cage. And they call us, who are free, on the outside, squirrels...:eyeroll:

Glad you got out and rescued your kids. :thumbsup:

Michele_B

Patron
I am so glad to hear that you got your children. I would seriously be looking for a lawyer and seeing if you can at least get an order for her to now take them out of the county, state etc. This crazy cult just shocks me more and more. I'm not sure talking to her would help. I've always tried with David, but its no use. The only thing I can do is be myself and show him that love, compassion, and a positive attitude improves my life every day and hope I lead by example. One day he will come around. Good luck to you and your children and call that lawyer!

Michele