What's new

Mate's Story

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Hi haiqu. Hmmm! You do look kind of smug.:duh: But after I blew in 1990, I found a used car lot on La Brea Ave in Hollywood which had two 924s at $US 1800 each and one was an almost guards red. I visited the lot a couple of times but eventually decided against it. Now let me see,:whistling: that would be about $AUS 3000. Hmmm:eyeroll: I always thought the 924 had better lines than the 928. The mechanic we use, has a 911 Carrera in guards red in mint condition. It was the last model with mechanical fuel injection. Ahhh Yes.:thumbsup:

Regards, David.

Hi David,

I would gladly have swapped it for your experiences, my friend.

haiqu
p.s. Checked your PM's?

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
As it wasn't long after that that Diana Hubbard came out to Sydney and the CofS hired the auditorium of then one of Sydney's newest hotel in William Street. The AG, Maureen, requested that the CO Sydney Day to provide the male staff members on a list, to be guards to ensure that a couple declared ex-scientologists didn't gain access. I was on that list.:angry: However, did see Diana briefly and she looked stunning.:love9:

You saw as much as the rest of us then. Diana didn't speak throughout the entire event, but did some kind of weird mime thing. I was only very new and completely missed whatever she was trying to mock up. I do remember her bouncing like a kangaroo at one point. She had great hair.

haiqu

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Mate, I have just read the thread and thanks for such detailed info. I doubt I could do that, but I have made a start.
Hearing names like David Gellie, Anne Klushakow and Bob Bolger is certainly stirring the memories. :)

Div6

Crusader
<snip>

Yes, it's hard to imagine. In a normal bedroom there were four triple bunks for twelve Int Execs, like Commanders in rank, twelve sea chests and the only hanging space was the end of the bunks. There were two such rooms which were serviced by a single bathroom (for 24 people). Showers were timed at strictly two minutes and even then the last had a cold shower, invariably poor old Larry Lester. :eyeroll:

Regards, David.

Larry Lester!?

Wow. HE actually was a very funny guy to hang out with in the '80's at least. No wonder he "didn't mind" being on mission to the outer orgs for long periods of time. It actually was an upgrade.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Charlie and Stephanie Bills are now the Flag Service Consultants EUS in living in NY.

Ira Crowe's wife was the ED DC Fnd. Her name is Patty, Irene was/(may still be) the D/ED. Ira left staff shortly thereafter. He really took great care in his C/S ing.

autes01

MY memory of the event is completly different. Diana spoke for 15 minutes or so. She spoke about some OT person might touch the wall of his house on the way to work and later have a pain in their arm and then realise they did not let go of the house with there thetan hand.She also said she loved classical Piano and that it was ironic because her friends played jazz.
There is more I can remember but this is enough...........Terry Short

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
Ron Pratt

Ron Pratt, after over a decade of being the lead C/S at the case cracking unit at FSO got sent up to Int to be a tech terminal and wound up getting busted down to a running program.

I remember Ron Pratt as a fellow staff member at NY Org, before he joined the SO, I also remember seeing him at Flag. Always a good guy and highly regarded tech terminal.

Love, Dex

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
John Magerowski

I was surprised to find no one at the org knew about the ferry service, or water shuttle as Bostonians called it, from the airport to downtown.:eyeroll: Otherwise the mission went fine and I was quite impressed with the competence of John Majorowski(?), the Lead C/S.:cool:

John and I twinned up all the way through our training as auditors at the Miami Org in '81-'82, when it was home for the EUS TTC. Together we moved levels ahead of the rest of the EUS trainees, and had a blast working together. I've really wished he'd resurface in the FZ, I don't know where he is these days, or if he ever left the Co$.

Love, Dex

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Being a student C/S was a dream and I had a 16 week run of 100% F/N VGIs which so impressed Snr C/S Jeff Walker, that when Snr C/S Int was visiting, he was shown my graph by Jeff Walker.:) A few days later, I had my first red tag, a co-audit student from Orange County. I will remember his name well. :furious: Shortly after that Jeff Walker replaced Ray Mithoff as Snr C/S Int, who was promoted to Inspector General Tech.

For an undate for Flag C/Ses: Mark Elsner who was Lead C/S when I arrived, took leave to handle a family problem, he was replaced briefy by Caroline Webb Class XII who became D/Snr C/S and was replace by Alain Kartuzinski Class XII who was replaced by Anne Glushakow, when he joined RTC and was stationed at Flag.

It wasn't long after this, that the powers that be, decided that I would make a good continental Snr C/S to replace Hara O'Hare in NY. I was very reluctant to agree and eventually agreed when they agreed that (1) I would remain on FSO staff and would continue to be paid by them, and (2) that I would not assume the temporary post until someone was sent to Flag to train as a C/S to replace me. Cunningly I got this in writing.:eyeroll:

We, two missionaires and I, arrived at Newark Airport after dark, We took a bus to the Port Authority bus terminal, when we reached the Hudson River, the view of Manhattan at night is totally spectacular. :) We arrived at the CLO which was on the top floor of the New York Org building, which if I remember correctly, was just down from Times Square in 46th Street. This area was shared between the CLO and CMO. And there I met the CLO staff. After that I was taken down to the berthing, a dilapidated building in, I think, 48th Street. About 6 to 12 months after I left NY, I believe Miscavige visited it and ordered the RPF from PAC? INT? or whatever, to fully renovate the building and house the CLO and berthing in the building. My room had a bed, dresser, hanging space, and a basin in which only the hot water worked. :mad: There was only one shower working and we had to queue up in the hallway to use it.:melodramatic:

The following morning I arrived at the Org and shown where the dining room was. By this time I was a warrant officer, which was above midshipman, so I was give a seat at the officer's table which was on the stage of a small auditorium serving as the dining room. At last I was receiving table service. Ah! such luxuries. And the food was very good.:bow:

I then went up to the Snr C/S office. The upper floors of the building, were U shaped with the CMO at the end of the right hand arm and the Snr C/S office at the end of the other. There were all these little bits of paper on the desk which were telexes cut into individual messages. I had a briefing from Hara and given a hat write up which I looked through, and then I started puzzling over these telexes. The missionaires and Hara disappeared and in fact were on their way to Int. I was furious (and impotent) because the deal was that I wouldn't take over until a replacement was found.:furious: However, I did have the deal in writing on RTC letterhead, and the other items were well and truly under my control. As there was SFA I could do about it, I settled down to sort out some 50 or so, telexes by trying to match them. :unsure:

I was getting nowhere and was about to go out and see I could get myself a coffee, when a messenger walked in and said Hello. I don't recall her name, it was something like Janine, but then again, maybe not. She was tall slim attractive with short dark hair. She was friendly but I sensed a no nonsense disposition. We talked about things generally and then she asked me what I was doing with all the telexes laid out on my desk. After I told her, she asked for my waste paper bin and then proceeded to put all the telexes into it. In response, I said, "So that's how one handles telexes," feeling much relieved.:) Her response was, "No. That's how I handle these telexes. In future, you have to answer them.":cool:
TO Mate:...the CMO girl was probably Jenny. and I was a very young child(who probably set up your officers table on the back stage platform in the basement of NY ORG)......what a strange time. I was just a kid, so Im reading all that was going on and piecing it together. I pretty much raised the O'hare's son, Brendan...they(his parents, the o'hares) would leave for weeks at a time and leave me to watch him..I remember Hara being gone for months and never coming back, Kevin was left alone with the child and he would leave as well..I was probably about 10 yrs old at the time. funny how things are viewed from a child's perspective. The EUS climber guy who hung out the window was last name Finlay(first mike?) from flag(I think he was RPFd and sent to do the Exclibaer Renos, rpfer were sent to do the construction). The chef in NY was Carlos Manrique(a die hard still in) I remember Mike Alla going on missions....to me, a kid, he looked like the steve austin the six million dollar man bionic man lol....thanks for writing you brought back so many memories

Last edited:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Jeanie angoulo.

I think she was married to matt henderson CO CMO EUS. She was DCOI CMO until matt left. Then she was CO CMO. lasted about a week then blew.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Michael Finley. Arrived at CLO EUS approx. Late august 1988. Sent from WUS or PAC to help with the renos on CLO. Looked like Mel Gibson with a goatee.

First thing he did was kick a wall down on the second floor of CLO.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Jeanie angoulo.

I think she was married to matt henderson CO CMO EUS. She was DCOI CMO until matt left. Then she was CO CMO. lasted about a week then blew.
Im trying to remember a CO CMO in the late 80"s, may have been before your time is was a very tall guy(taller than most tall people) and he always wore whites with a cap(balding)..I was around the age of 12(maybe,my timeline is jumbled from trauma).and example how things never made any sense in the SO............it was about a day before "sea org day", we planned a day trip picnic on bus trip picnic to bear mountain(extremely rare, I rember things like this about 3 times in my 12 years in and all tied with extreme guilt trips). We were all working to be in good conditions and get our stats up so that we could go. Everyone was on edge doing thier best bot to mess up so they could go. I was having a meeting/conference in a room with Cary Gouldstein(SMI at the time) and Mr Knaurhause(spelling?) and others with the door closed. The door rapidly swung(slammed) open all the way and knocked me off my chair onto the floor. I was hurt..I looked up and said "be more careful next time", then realizing it was a white uniformed CO CMO. His response was not to see if I was ok, or say sorry or anything like that. He screamed at the top of his lungs " Off post now! your in liability, report to the galley!" so bruised with a bit bloody rug burn on my arm...I reported to the galley..I worked to get out of the conditions fast. ironically my work was to help prepare everything for the picnic. They would not let me off the condition ...so i packed up the pinic bus and helped everyone board the bus....they were all on board and I asked again if i could go, reply "no your a downstat"...so there I was a little kid ...and the only person who could not go on the trip, watching the bus depart and all wave goodbye to me. I sat there and cried....now with no adult supervision left alone) there was one guy who never left the telex room who stayed(detail:he had a lazy eye), but he seemed like he was a hermit type anway, always out of site. As an adult now I find that so so sickening and abusive.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
James Goodison fits that description. He was on the command channels mission first but returned about a month later as CO CMO. Debby Freidman was the DCOI CMO at that point.

Robert Radsliff was the Comm Chief.

Was that park in New Jersey? That was the one place I went on SO day while I was in.

James liked to yell at people inches away from their face.

wigee1

Patron with Honors
I was given two days to see my family and dispose of most of my belongings, and told that I could take only one suitcase, the other was to be used to carry documents plus my folders.:mad: It hurt to get rid of my records and tapes and some of my books, but so be it. My first port of call, was to be CMO PAC, and fortunately having been in LA for my HRD training, I knew what to expect. Or thought I did.:eyeroll:

I was berthed in a room with twelve double bunks crammed into it, however I "knew" it was temporary. I was told they, CMO PAC, were waiting for me to be "cleared" to go "up-lines", whereever that was. At one point, I did over-hear some say Gilman Hot Springs and I found it in a street directory.:eyeroll: So I became a Messenger's messenger or gofor. Matt Henderson seemed to be the one in charge with the CO and his deputy away somewhere. I was "operating" out of their main office, together with two others, Ted Cormier and his wife Candice and you couldn't meet a nicer couple. Ted was a Class XII auditor and had been working at ASI, I think. Ted had cancer and was on his way to Flag for handling and passed away a few months later, he had a wonderful sense of humour.

One of my early jobs was to take a case of confidential folders to some called Nick Azneran who was the RPF I/C. It was explained to me what the RPF was and when I saw the conditions they worked under, and I didn't see the worse of it at all, I decide that I would never ever go into the RPF under any circumstances.:no: :no:

Then I had one of those strange experiences. I was asked if I would C/S a Sec Check and I was assured that even though the PC was OT, it would be a temporary folder there would not be any OT material in it. I agreed to do it. The auditor was Ray somebody and the person acting as the DTS was black and called Jessie. I do remember that the auditor had "Fly a rud if no F/N" which I changed to "Fly all ruds" with the comment that as it was a sec check, then all ruds should be flown. There was more than one session of the first day, and at the end of which, Matt asked me what was it like to C/S for Snr C/S Int. I told him I was C/Sing some one called Ray, not David Mayo. It was then that Matt told that Ray Mithoff was the new Snr C/S Int.:cool:

Eventually, I was told that I wasn't going to Int and instead I was off to Flag. When I asked why, I was told I was being used as a "coin" to replace a C/S in Flag to replace a C/S in AOLA who is going to Gold. I was getting a very thorough "education".:unsure:
i have just read these posts for the first time , Mate, this is entertaining and in formative, I met you briefly in the auditing area on the 6th floor you had all the garp. the minsters , jump suit ,I was still getting my head around the Facade, may be 30 seconds,but i got the impression , there was something different about you, ( Loose cannon ) I was definitely one , but I could relate to Phyll , yeah! Phyll , Love your stories and history,
another great auditor MaryWigzel/,Eade, / Mullane / and others,So thats where you went,Wish i got to Know you better. Grant.

Alien3

Patron
Just a few more comments about the staff in Syd Day when I was an auditor there. The Director of Processing was Ethel MacKay (Carstairs), an SO member. After I left Syd, she routed out and she and her husband, Ian, went to Flag for services. I ran across Ethel in the Blue Mountains (west of Sydney) in 1998, she was a website designer, and sadly passed away a couple of years later. The Director of Technical Services was Peter Dunn. The auditors were Martin Bentley Cl VIII, Noel O'Donnell CL VIA (the "A" stood for XDN) who was also a power auditor, an old timer whose name was, I think, Paul Etheringham, Nick Cramey Cl IVA and SO, Paul Schobel Cl IV and SO, Harry Bloomberg Class VI and SO. Harry was Pat's husband. Harry was a veterinary surgeon near Christchurch NZ, and was reknowned as a top vet for race horses. Sadly Harry has since passed away.

What a blast from the past. I remember just about all of those people. I was in the Technical Training Corp. (TTC). I still wonder to this day whether I had a brain comprised of sawdust or perhaps cauliflower for signing a five year contract.

There were so many things I disagreed with, yet I truly believed I thought I was the only one who felt that way.
The more I disagreed the more bad I felt about myself. I cant believe how this nutcase organisation, keeps on keeping on.