Mike "I'm All About the Crimes" Rinder

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alanzo said: ↑

@Type4_PTS responded:

Alanzo said: ↑

Cheerleaders cheer lead for a team. Marty was on your team until Karen told you he wasn't. So ESMB went after him for years, just like good little cheerleaders do. This is the case with lots of other critics that ESMB criticized because Karen told you to.

This statement doesn't contradict anything.

Critics have always criticized other critics. You just think I'm criticizing the wrong ones, while you keep criticizing critics, too.
You keep telling us what our opinions are and what they should be. You do it, not Karen, not Mike, not Emma, YOU.

I think you should stop doing that.

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
According to Neil Degrasse Tyson, they can cause a tsunami with one beat of their wings. That's OT.
That is an absurdity unless the tsunami is to be defined by a bacterium in a dew drop on a leaf. Quantum mechanics and all that.

Whoops I didn't mean to imply that Neil is a bacterium......but it would be bigger than a thetan which has naught position in space and has no mass....or something.

Glenda

Crusader
According to Neil Degrasse Tyson, they can cause a tsunami with one beat of their wings. That's OT.
Given I live close to a tectonic plate conjunction (Pacific and Australian), I am a bit interested in seismic energy. I ain't no expert but I have been to a few talks with folk who are. I wanted to understand how tsunami's are formed and what to do if we have a big one. It all boils down to run-like-hell, don't trip over the debris caused by the big earthquake and always have sensible shoes by the bed. Oh and a torch.

I'm not sure how this Neil chap worked out a butterfly could cause a tsunami with one beat of their wings given the amount of actual energy it takes to generate one. Really powerful well-audited (yikes) butterfly? Maybe. :)

freethinker

Sponsor
That is an absurdity unless the tsunami is to be defined by a bacterium in a dew drop on a leaf. Quantum mechanics and all that.

Whoops I didn't mean to imply that Neil is a bacterium......but it would be bigger than a thetan which has naught position in space and has no mass....or something.
I would have no problem comparing Neil to bacterium.:cool:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
What about a nice photo of a butterfly? I help breed Monarch Butterflies (the plants they live off). It is so exciting! I get to chase real butterflies. It is beyond wonderful. Next week we are putting in the seeds for the plants ready for summer. This is my third summer at this. I feel like a (human) mother for butterflies. I sit with them and watch them come out of the chrysalises and then when their wings are dry enough, I get to watch them fly for the very first time. I think everyone should watch this process, fully, at least once in their life. There is so much going on, so much to learn. About life and how fragile it can be. At the same time how true transformation can happen - from sludgey cells to something that can fly free. It can make me weep with pure joy.

View attachment 15671

p.s. hope this uploads correctly.
I think this post is very much on topic.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
What about hummingbirds? They’re so amazing. Barely bigger than butterflies and wings beating nearly 60 times per second. Lovely, precious creatures. I am blessed to have three species visiting my yard. :biglove:

Don’t like hummingbirds and butterflies, Alanzo? How bleak your life must be. Life is gorgeous unless your mind is dark.
We feed hummers around here. We've got several more visiting this year, they put on quite the show around the feeders!

About Alanzo,

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

download.jpg

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
No, I didn't. Read it again.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Sometimes you don't read so good. :laugh:
"You keep telling us what our opinions are and what they should be. You do it, not Karen, not Mike, not Emma, YOU.

" I think you should stop doing that."

You're not just a hypocrite Bill, but a blind one as well.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Is it me or are his thread titles becoming more and more "Enquirer-esque" or "Daily Mail-ish"?

Next thread title "Rinder: 'I'm Not A Crook, but I Play One On TV' "

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
You keep telling us what our opinions are and what they should be. You do it, not Karen, not Mike, not Emma, YOU.

I think you should stop doing that.
Did you just tell me your opinion?

Hypocrite.
Everyone that posts on ESMB has expressed their opinions.

But you constantly tell us what our opinions are and what they should be.

That was Bill's point. You seemed to miss that. :whistling:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Everyone that posts on ESMB has expressed their opinions.

But you constantly tell us what our opinions are and what they should be.

That was Bill's point. You seemed to miss that. :whistling:
And he thinks I should stop doing that.

Not surprising that you aren't seeing the hypocrisy here either.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Wow, that's really non-sequitur. :ohmy:

How does what he think have anything to do what what I see or don't see? LOL

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Wow, that's really non-sequitur. :ohmy:

How does what he think have anything to do what what I see or don't see? LOL
Here's how:

Mike Rinder said "Sponsored Television has its limitations". He gave this as an excuse for why Scientology and the Aftermath never revealed anything that would put DM or any other officer of the Church of Scientology into criminal jeopardy, producing the federal investigation and the IRS tax exemption review. It's his excuse for his supporters - YOU - for why that never happened.

You just accept this. You can't see that Mike Rinder had access to a blog that whole time, as well as journalists around the world. He's done dozens of articles and interviews in the 4 chronological years he was on Aftermath. In fact he's had access to those outlets for the 12 years since he's been out, too.

And, because of your beliefs, you don't see this is simply a string-along excuse. You are blind to it.

Your beliefs, and your loyalty to them, are blinding you.

And now you will think up a rationalization that confirms your existing beliefs, and discounts or ignores the factual evidence that challenges them in 3....2....1

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's how:

Mike Rinder said "Sponsored Television has its limitations". He gave this as an excuse for why Scientology and the Aftermath never revealed anything that would put DM or any other officer of the Church of Scientology into criminal jeopardy, producing the federal investigation and the IRS tax exemption review. It's his excuse for his supporters - YOU - for why that never happened.

And yet you can't see that Mike Rinder had access to a blog that whole time, as well as journalists around the world. He's done dozens of articles and interviews in the 4 years he was on Aftermath. In fact he's had access to those for the 12 years since he's been out, too.

And, because of your beliefs, you don't see this is simply an excuse. You are blind to it.

Your beliefs and your loyalty to them, are blinding you.

And now you will think up a rationalization that confirms your existing beliefs, and discounts or ignores the factual evidence that challenges them in 1...2...3

You're arguing against something I didn't comment on. It has nothing to do with my post. :faceslap:

strawman argument.PNG

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You're arguing against something I didn't comment on. It has nothing to do with my post. :faceslap:

View attachment 15673
Calling my example a logical fallacy is the way you discount the factual information I presented which challenged your beliefs.

Your blindness to Mike Rinder's "We Build a World Broken Straws" string-along excuse of "Sponsored television has limitations" is an example of how you are blind to Bill's hypocrisy. He shares your beliefs. So your loyalty to him and the beliefs you share make his hypocrisy is yours.

Facts that challenge your belief are uncomfortable for you, and for everyone who shares your beliefs.

It doesn't make you a "cult member" to blind yourself to facts that challenge your belief system and think up rationalizations that protect it.

It makes you human.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Your blindness to Mike Rinder's "We Build a World Broken Straws" string-along excuse of "Sponsored television has limitations" is an example of how you are blind to Bill's hypocrisy. He shares your beliefs. So your loyalty to him and the beliefs you share make his hypocrisy is yours.

I neither commented on the subject matter of your OP or your comment on Bill's alleged hypocrisy. So you can continue to beat the strawman all day. It's still a logical fallacy.

Calling something a logical fallacy is the way you discount the factual information I presented which challenged your beliefs.
Most of your postings consist of:
1) A strawman fallacy (arguing against positions and opinions the other person didn't express)
2) A red herring fallacy
3) Accusations against others with zero evidence presented
4) Ad Hom fallacies
5) Cherry-picking data from social scientists that aligns with your narrative while ignoring data that contradicts your narrative.
6) Outright lies
7) a combination of the above.

Characterizing something that is at best your opinion as "factual information" is I'm sure another fallacy. Not sure the name of it this moment. :D

Show me one piece of "factual information" that I've characterized as a logical fallacy.

I can hear the answer already. It's:

<crickets>

Last edited:

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Alanzo, son, I don't believe you can't get it.

You tell us what we are thinking (you're wrong) and you tell us what to think. I said I think you shouldn't do that. That's what you say Karen and your"tribal leaders" :eyeroll: are doing that is wrong.

Don't you get that if it's wrong for them to do it, it would be just as wrong for you to do it? But you do it!

And you call me a hypocrite? :duh:

I've never told you what to think! That's what you do, not me.

You really are something else!