What's new

More DOF E-Meter Videos

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's not really an E-meter. It's a Clarity Meter. But I use the name "E-Meter" in case people think I'm talking about a pedometer or something.

There are already several of my meter videos, starting at post #239 on this thread http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=11884

Here's the first one in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6QV_zPd0s

It shows several can squeezes and four annotated deep breaths, showing the start and end of the deep breath in, and the start and end of the fall on the needle a few seconds after the START of the breath due to the additional oxygen intake. These are standard pre-session tests done in Scn with metered auditing. I can see from the needle motion that the sensitivity is already OK, and the can squeezes are just for demonstration only.

Paul

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fine, now try those with the cans underwater and the needle will hardly move.

From 0-1:00, you clearly have a wiperblade and you say, well the demo is not going to work. It IS working, it's totally working. The needle is affected by your hands, not your breath.

The breath test at 2:40 and the one at 3:00. The needle does not follow your breath at all; wasn't it supposed to fall when you breathe out?

Can you explain why? I can.

PS: This is on the RTC website: "Different needle movements have exact meanings and the skill of an auditor includes a complete understanding of all meter reactions.

Really!

I'm not saying you are a bad auditor. I'm just saying that NOBODY can use an e-meter to read throughts, NOBODY.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Fine, now try those with the cans underwater and the needle will hardly move.

From 0-1:00, you clearly have a wiperblade and you say, well the demo is not going to work. It IS working, it's totally working. The needle is affected by your hands, not your breath.

The breath test at 2:40 and the one at 3:00. The needle does not follow your breath at all; wasn't it supposed to fall when you breathe out?

Can you explain why? I can.

PS: This is on the RTC website: "Different needle movements have exact meanings and the skill of an auditor includes a complete understanding of all meter reactions.

Really!

I'm not saying you are a bad auditor. I'm just saying that NOBODY can use an e-meter to read throughts, NOBODY.

Maybe underwater later, but not right now.

I wanted to have a tight needle, to show you that it is not always loose. But later on, in the next video (not uploaded yet), there is quite some variation in how much it waggles left-right.

I don't really care what someone else believes the needle will do when someone takes a deep breath. If you look at the video, you see what actually happens. I did it four times, and annotated* it to make it REAL clear. Watch it a few times and maybe you'll see it. Hubbard's actual words are something like "take a deep breath and the needle will give a latent fall" ("latent" is Hubbard speak for later on, not hidden!). In another place he says that after the second or third deep breath let out, the basal metabolism stops registering, so the first time is the test not subsequent times. Although what he says is not really wrong, it gets misinterpreted by most Scios to mean that (1) the basal metab won't register for maybe five minutes or an hour after taking ONE deep breath, and (2) the fall occurs after one has exhaled.

As I explain on the video, it's the sudden additional oxygen intake that causes the fall. When the body is saturated with oxygen, like in hyperventilating, taking a further deep breath will do nothing. Duh. That's pretty obvious. But if you wait a minute or so for the oxygen level to normalise, it will work again. OBSERVATION shows that it's the breath IN that causes the fall, not the breath OUT. I annotate it so you can see that there is a fall after the breath in and not after the breath let out. If I forcibly blow the breath out I can get a small fall, but he says LET it out not forcibly blow it out anyway.

*Annotation is a relatively new feature on YouTube. The person who uploads a video can add little text notes to it, with hyperlinks even, and fine-tune the exact time the note appears on screen and disappears from the screen, the in-point and the out-point. So I have added notes that show onscreen in exact correspondence with (1) my deep breath in, (2) the needle falling as a result of that breath, (3) my breathing out from that deep breath.

Paul

Last edited:
It's not really an E-meter. It's a Clarity Meter. But I use the name "E-Meter" in case people think I'm talking about a pedometer or something.

There are already several of my meter videos, starting at post #239 on this thread http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=11884

Here's the first one in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6QV_zPd0s

It shows several can squeezes and four annotated deep breaths, showing the start and end of the deep breath in, and the start and end of the fall on the needle a few seconds after the START of the breath due to the additional oxygen intake. These are standard pre-session tests done in Scn with metered auditing. I can see from the needle motion that the sensitivity is already OK, and the can squeezes are just for demonstration only.

Paul

Paul what makes you think the meter is reacting to oxygen intake as opposed to the muscle movement required to breathe?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Here I am reading the Wikipedia article on Scientology. It was just something to read, no special significance to it. The meter is less in focus than usual. I used a lower resolution so the picture on my screen was smaller and I could have it nearer to the article. A larger one would have been harder to see while reading the article. Next time I'll probably try a larger one anyway.

This isn't some standard Scn procedure that I was using. I just wanted to show some correlation between needle changes and mental changes. There were some things I should have taken up and didn't (I missed them), that any experienced auditor should have noticed, like the "real" reason not being found for an F/N turning off or getting smaller in size, but the video is still useful.

Near the end I pick up on a read, as the needle has been tight for a while and suddenly loosens up and falls. I chase that down and get a few small blowdowns. AO — a blowdown is when the needle falls to the right and stays over to the right, not coming back to where it was before the fall. I had to move the TA down to bring the needle back on the dial, although that isn't the total definition of a blowdown. It's whether the needle stays over to the right that indicates a blowdown.

But feel free to not see any of that. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-22jlx3zOY

Paul

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Paul what makes you think the meter is reacting to oxygen intake as opposed to the muscle movement required to breathe?

I tend to think that it is the consideration of outflow that makes the needle fall -- not the actual outflow so much, but the consideration of.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anyway, time to shoot another video. :)

With scuba gear please. With same sensitivity, try sitting still thinking nothing, thinking normal stuff, thinking about how angry you are at me, singing, anything you want as long as you leave your hands and the buckets as still as possible.

Also please put more water in the bucket.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Occam?

Anyway, time to shoot another video. :)

Paul

If you hold your breath as long as you can, you will probably find the needle stats falling before you let it out.

Don't wait too long, though, as the needle will go stuck. LOL

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Man, you're still a clam!

Man, you have never seen a meter up close and personal, never held one, never really tested it for yourself, yet you know all about it.

You are like a virgin teenager bragging about his sexual prowess. :dieslaughing:

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Man, you have never seen a meter up close and personal, never held one, never really tested it for yourself, yet you know all about it.

You are like a virgin teenager bragging about his sexual prowess. :dieslaughing:

Yes I did, about a month ago. But you're right I was ridiculing the e-meter right from the start, just by looking at it. That's because I'm using simple high schools physics to do so.

Do you agree that I totally destroyed it's principle, by simply improving the contact quality with the hands? That was an obvious test that should have been done 50 years ago.

If you want to see my e-meter stress test, set up a "friend" relationship with YOuTube account "anonorange". I'll let you see it. I can't make it public for legal reasons.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm uploading a short video I just took. Same sensitivity setting, and TA, as a couple of hours ago, but the needle hardly moves even though I squeeze the cans as HARD as I can.

Explain that, AO. . . .

Paul

Have not seen the video yet, but here's a possible reason. Your hands were wet or very sweaty after holding the cans for a long time.

Remember squeezing underwater does not make a bit of difference.

Let's set up a "friend" relationship on YouTube so you can see my test.

I'll sent you a friend request, even though you don't really like me, please accept!

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I saw the video. First thing I noticed is the digital meter on the right is 00.0. Why is that?

Had you cleaned your hands with soap and water right before? A light coat of oil from the skin will increase the resistance. Cleaning the hands will decrease the resistance. It's similar to the effect of being underwater.

Also, did you clean the cans? That would affect conductivity too.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The digital readout shows accumulated tone arm motion. I had just turned the meter on, so no accumulation yet.

No, no soap. Washing skin oil off would usually make the TA higher, but it's the same as earlier. No, I didn't clean the cans.

Try again. :)

Paul