What's new

My real story. Anonymous no more?

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
WARNING: WALL OF TEXT FOLLOWS!! (It’s pretty boring so tl;dr is completely understandable)

Not long ago, our own lovely “Freetoshine” started a thread on here using a posting I had made elsewhere:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...gists-and-Ex-scientologists&highlight=Brennan

Part of my posting told a bit of a story of myself that I had never told publically before. In part, it covered that I, like many Ex scientologists, was damaged goods and the fact that I had been hurt by the practice of scientology while at Flag.

In part I hoped to let others know that they need not be embarrassed if they too were victims of scientology “tech”, that there was nothing wrong with them if they were or are victims and I hoped that somehow affected people might realize that it is OK to be vulnerable and in fact it takes courage to be vulnerable publically.

I talked about getting therapy to help me deal with the “handlings” I got when in scientology but I never gave any details. The reason I did not go into details was in part because I didn’t want to drag everyone else through my personal drama and in part because I have been begged NOT to tell the truth by a friend indee scientologist who said OSA would totally trash me if I told the truth, using it against me when I testify again so therefore my testimony would not help others.

Perhaps a bigger reason why I did not go into details had to do with my not yet finding the courage to tell this part of my story.

But in a long talk with my dear friend Tory Christman yesterday, she helped me see that by “outing myself” I would very likely be helping others who might be having or have had similar problems that I had in scientology. And, if I did not “out” myself, others who might need similar help might never get it.

So, here we go…

In the past 4 ½ years I have had three emergency lifesaving surgeries. One, for a large aneurism that was about to “burst”, had my doctor telling me there was a chance I would die in or before the emergency surgery to start within hours. A second was for another aneurism found and a third was for a gall bladder that just developed gangrene and “exploded”.

Needless to say I lived. Lol (In fact I think some of my best postings on WhyWeProtest/Enturbulation plaining raids and otherwise dealing with organized scientology abuses were from my hospital bed just out of intensive care on two different strong opiates intravenously and orally at the same time. LoL but true).

All of these problems were heavily contributed to by serious stress that I carried most of my life but that was greatly magnified when getting auditing, ethics and qual handlings in scientology to the point where, had I not had a daughter who I loved more than life, I might be another suicide story at Flag.

There is a reason why I never joined Miscavige’s “boy’s club” at the top of organized scientology in the early 80s and abused fellow staff. There is a reason why I never struck another staff member, busted one, assigned one to the RPF, or even screamed at one ever.

There is a reason why I refused Hubbard’s order to us WDC members to spit on staff at Int who were busted.

Despite being far from perfect, there is a reason why I sabotaged every single one of Miscaviage’s and the Int Finance Police’s attempts to try to get staff jailed for their crazy imagined crimes when I was Special Unit IC and WDC X despite the fact that even LRH wanted heads on pikes.

There is a reason why you don’t tend to see me fighting on here, certainly not into the “testosterone-induced flame wars” on here calling others “boy”, “punk” or other such pathetic actions.

And there is a reason why I often cry when dealing with great sadness such as what happened with Kyle, Lisa, and so many others as well as in many of my talks trying to reconnect families or thanking Anonymous for their help as so many Exes found their voices by being able to don the mask and help turn the tide against organized scientology.

There is a reason why I tend to speak of my “sisters” in this battle, why I have so many Anonymous “cyber daughters” and why I so often especially admire and speak out for and side with the girls and women who take a stand against organized scientology and their abuses.

That same reason is why some people tend to find me very nurturing, compassionate and other such things as has at times been kindly said about me.

And finally, that same reason is why in my profile on a forum where I am Anonymous it says “I am the mask I wear”.

The truth is I am a transgendered woman and have been my whole life. I was born hardwired as a female while most of my body developed male. My life is one continuous series of examples of thinking, reasoning and viewing life as a girl/woman while having to constantly think “what would a guy do or say” so that I could keep up the pretense that I was a “normal guy”.

That does not make me special in any way, just different from most people. And it is not really relevant to the subject matter of this forum except to the extent of telling how organized scientology almost drove me to suicide by their incompetent and dangerous “tech” simply because I was a transgendered woman.

Like others, I was someone who cared and who was striving to better myself.

But every single time at Flag that “thinking like a woman” or having the interests they considered to be a woman’s came up I got either orders to ethics to handle my “out-ethics” or given tech estimates for tens of thousands of dollars at a time to “handle my aberrations” .

And the technical handling was awful, either “repairs” or “rundowns” that had zero to do with the subject of dealing with a transgendered patient or auditing to find nonexistent “body thetans” who were supposed to be the ones to really have this view, not me.

I even had one knowledge report written on me for shopping with the girls and talking too much like one of the girls (my God my crime was I forgot things like boys don’t call others “sweet” and other super “out-ethics” things like that and thus “spoke like a girl”).

The pressure was constant, especially during some five years on New OT VII and doing six months checks, to the point where I got completely PTS D, experienced constant despair and even thought of suicide as “the only solution”. What would pull me back was thinking of my daughter. And almost always the only way I could “FN” and be allowed to go home was to think of loving times with my daughter as I for years tried desperately to figure out how to get out of scientology without losing my family.

Scientology can be the highly dangerous practice of psychology by completely unqualified persons causing untold examples of PTS D and worse, even to the point of suicide. Yet it is protected and allowed to do this every day as its legal might defends the practice as “religious”.

When I have thought back on this, I sometimes thought that it would have been karmetic justice for me to die at the hands of scientology’s dangerous practice of psychology as I had done so much to cloak it as a religion which allowed it to continue to harm people like they harmed me, and worse in the case of others.

There is so much more that could be said about this but this posting is way too long already.

I would just like to thank those who knew about me being transgendered and supported me in same including Nancy Many who was the first to know of it years ago and gave me her undying support plus my dear friend Tory, Pooks, Emma, Glibby, FreeToShine, PodPeople, Kiss My Stats, Sharone, my lovely Anonymous cyber daughters (including Bluewig, RightOn, Tiny Dancer, Anon Lover for example) some beautiful femanon mods and other women who have circled the wagons to give me their love, acceptance and support when I got NONE of that from scientology.

I very much appreciate Pook’s and Emma’s eloquent words when hearing I was asked not to tell of being transgendered due a “scientological” view that OSA would now be able to “DA me” and my testimony. Those beautiful words from Pooks and Emma in supporting me were, and I quote, “Fuck OSA”.

The very fact that scientology would consider being transgendered an aberration, or that it is something they can “reverse” is itself telling.

I also want to thank Janet Reitman and Jonny Jacobson for supporting me on this also.

Lastly I want to give a big heartfelt “thank you” to Kate Bornstein who has blazed the trail before me, suffered as a transgendered woman as well (even worse than me) at the hands of organized scientology and who had given me her support on this matter for over two years.

My being transgendered would have become known by this summer anyway as I will be at a party with some Anons and Exes and I have been on hormone therapy for almost a year, including estrogen, after over a year of therapy and my body is really changing. Oh the joy of basically going through the puberty of a 13 year old girl with raeging hormones at the ripe old age of 60:)

If this helps even one person it is worth any and all hassles that may otherwise come from this. If you’re a scientologist or an exscientologist and are also transgendered and need a friend contact me.

I attended a ceremony for transgendered people who have committed suicide or were murdered because they were transgendered. I want to spend part of the rest of my life, like Kate, trying to help other transgendered women and men not to go that route.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you, your courage to speak out will I am sure help many who are or have been too afraid to do so, the so called church has trapped too many by the use of fear of exposure.

James

PS, it was not boring nor too long :)

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Thanks for coming out, like this! Wonderful!

I'm sorry you've had to face these trials. Thanks for bringing these issues to people's attention, and for having the courage to back your convictions.

Personal stories are so much more important than questions about tech or other such concerns.

Oh yeah: FUCK OSA. :dance2:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Your post is just another reason you are a hero to me and many, many more.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oh - and FUCK OSA:biggrin:

... Part of my posting told a bit of a story of myself that I had never told publically before. In part, it covered that I, like many Ex scientologists, was damaged goods and the fact that I had been hurt by the practice of scientology while at Flag. ...

Thank you for 'outing' yourself, LL. I hope having done so helps you in dealing with some of the lifelong stress of which you speak.

We are each of us who we are. It is always easier when others can accept us as we are, but it is more important that we accept ourselves as ourselves. This is exactly why I decided when I was first diagnosed as being bipolar not to seek to hide that fact from myself or those nearest to me. Attempting to 'withhold' takes far too much effort and can lead to great personal stress. Moreover, others in a similar situation may benefit from seeing others living openly as they are.

Best wishes to you. I hope the other health issues remain under control.

Mark A. Baker

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
LL - awesome courage my friend.

You are an inspiration.

And, if I may echo Ems and Pooks (and everyone else) FUCK OSA!!

What is important is just saying it like it is. It is the truth that OSA always has difficulty with!!

Proud indeed to be your friend.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
You are most brave and noble. I have tears in my eyes from reading your post and it was DEFINITELY no 'to long; didn't read'. I wish I could give you a big hug.

I have read stories from some of the most amazing people, and I've always considered you one of those amazing people. You just knocked yourself to the top three in my book. SallyD is also in that top list too....you two are my favorite reasons to come to this board.

I wish I could stop crying. We are proud of you.

Lone Star

Crusader
I'm glad that you are now living your life as the real you. Thanks for sharing your story. It will certainly help others!

And all together now: FUCK OSA!!

FlagEmDown

Patron
Inspiring. Thank you for having the strength to leave the cult and live a free life.
Hoping the best for you.

You go girl!!

Hey Sweetie, THANK YOU for that wonderful post! :happydance: No way it was tl;dr...au contraire, you summed up your situation and the toll that Scientology processing took on you beautifully! :clap:

I'm so glad that you survived your recent health challenges and that you are making progress with the process of gender reassignment, good for you. Better late than never, I say. Sorry that you had to wait so long! I have several transgendered friends (both male to female and female to male) and I think that you will make a wonderfully strong and loving mentor and role model to younger people who are dealing with being transgendered and are making the decision to make a transition, hopefully successfully. Who knows, maybe there are a couple of more mature people out there who need mentoring, too!

I had a clue something was up from your avatar choice here and your body language in some older photos, but I don't snoop into people's private business. I just want to say, honey, I'm so glad you are out, and I wish you great success making a smooth transition, and going as far as you want to take it. You can go clothes shopping with me, anytime! :happydance: If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me. :)

Congratulations in taking this important step in loving your life more completely. Thank you for having the courage to be authentic and speak openly about your life experience, and also to speak up for the helpfulness of therapy, when and where it can be useful for individuals meeting challenges. You never know the good it may do just to talk about it openly here. :thumbsup:

I detest COS for poisoning the well on that subject for people who are struggling with any issues and in need of help. :grouch: I am committed to NO MORE SCIENTOLOGY SUICIDES! :no:

I agree with the previous commentators, FUCK OSA! :thumbsup: (We don't seem to have a little screw you smilie)

(I may get a tattoo ~ all hearts and flowers, butterflies flitting and bluebirds singing with a big hearty FUCK OSA! right in the middle of it all! :giggle:)

Lots of Love to you Larry, and to your darling family! :hug:

hearty_congratulations_flowers_postcard-p239510618658218485z8iat_400.jpg

Last edited:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you so much for your posting. You are helping all of us. We all had our "aberrations" we tried to handle in Scientology.

What is so sad is that instead of Scientology helping us "accept" and live with them, they made them worse. Some aberrations are there for us to perhaps help others accept and live with them. Life is not always fair, but with acceptance and learning how to truly love yourself, you will heal, accept and transform.

I am not sure how you are with your 8th dynamic, but for me, finding one - a God - however I perceived it (totally for me) was a start. It grew from there and I learned to trust myself again. I know what I know and no one - especially the TECH in Scientology- can take what I know away unless I let them. And I finally said NO and enough is enough. This does not work and I am moving on.

God, your higher power, loves you just the way you are and you will help others who can relate to what you have been through.
:cheerleader::hifive::heartflower::flowers::flowers2::heartbeat::bighug:Love is all there is!
All the best. Keep talking. We are all here for you and support you!

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Oh dear but I am crying. Thank you all for your kind words!!

I am proud to be associated with you all. You represent the heart and love that I'm betting every single one of us got into scientology to spread, only to be betrayed.

You, each of you, makes all our lives better.

Thank you!!

And Mick, you know how I feel about you. You put it all on the line for love, for your family and against all odds while being tossed out by a cruel and heartless scientology. That makes you a real man (in the best sense of the word) to me.

Also your XSO is where I found my voice and did my first first posts exposing the abuses and fraud.

All of you, seriously. thank you again!!

I have to get to bed.

w/<3 to you all!

PS and on the "YouGoGirl", well...:):):)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
What courage and love you have, you have always been an inspiration. If anyone gives you a hard time, there are many who will don the spiritual warrior armour and ride to your side. Yeah, fuck OSA.

There are so many words I could use but for now I'll stick with - Thankyou, love ya.... I am so glad you survived and live to shine the light for others.

:thankyou: :heartflower: :flowers: :kiss: :bighug:

BunnySkull

I'm very happy for you Larry, I hope you sharing this is just one more step in you being being your true self to the whole world, living a beautiful, truly authentic life.

You have done so much to help stop the evil of Scientology, don't ever for a second give them power over you with their nasty, evil behavior. By posting this, you have taken away any leverage or power they may have tried to use against you. Blackmail can only work if people have secrets or are ashamed of something, by embracing your true gender openly you take away any power it might have given them. In fact if OSA ever tries to use this to try and"smear you" they will just come off as bigoted, misogynistic, assholes to everyone.

As a female I'm honored to have you on our team. The more bad ass women CoS critics, the better!

Miss Pert

My being transgendered would have become known by this summer anyway as I will be at a party with some Anons and Exes and I have been on hormone therapy for almost a year, including estrogen, after over a year of therapy and my body is really changing. Oh the joy of basically going through the puberty of a 13 year old girl with raging hormones at the ripe old age of 60:)

Thank you for your post, it is beautiful. While the whole post is great, and not too long at all, the section in bold above is what filled me with tears of joys for you and made we want to give you a huge hug.

And before I say.... FUCK OSA..... a song for you, I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHIWlKVUF4s

FUCK OSA!!!!

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Thank you Freetoshine my good friend, Miss Pert, I Told You and Bunny. I <3 you too Free and my new friends:)

And what a lovely song Miss Pert!!! Thank you for that as well.

And agreed on bad ass female critics Bunny. I've always been on the pink team but I guess I was undercover as a spai:) But seriously I love it how many females have stood up courageously and said "I'm not going to take it anymore"!!!

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Thank you for 'outing' yourself, LL. I hope having done so helps you in dealing with some of the lifelong stress of which you speak.

We are each of us who we are. It is always easier when others can accept us as we are, but it is more important that we accept ourselves as ourselves. This is exactly why I decided when I was first diagnosed as being bipolar not to seek to hide that fact from myself or those nearest to me. Attempting to 'withhold' takes far too much effort and can lead to great personal stress. Moreover, others in a similar situation may benefit from seeing others living openly as they are.

Best wishes to you. I hope the other health issues remain under control.

Mark A. Baker

Wise words are wise.

And thank you for your kinds words and for telling of yourself as well:)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I knew you'd do this with class, because you always do everything with class.

Love you girl :)

Here is a sisterly hug from me.

we-need-4-hugs-a-day-116357-510-339.jpg