What's new

My son Brad Blair passed away on Friday 4 October 2013 at 11:30 PM

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
Oh Dean, I am so truly sorry and heartbroken to read this news. While I don't personally know you, I do know that this board is aching and we are all crying today. You have love, friends, and support here if/when you need. :bigcry: :hug:

Rest in Peace, sweet Brad. :rose:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
It's always sad when a family member looses a loved one to cancer. My dad died of lung cancer & 2 good friends of mine are currently undergoing radiation & chemo to stall the storm...

My condolences, Dean. :rose:

[video=youtube;sDC97j6lfyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDC97j6lfyc[/video]

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
Dear Dean:
I am deeply sorry for the loss of your son. Although, I have not met him or you, I can feel your pain by your words.
I am glad you both reconnect.
I believe in the spirit, so I know one day both of you will be together again.
Hugs and prayers to you.

Veda

Sponsor
With great sadness I extend my condolences, but there are no words that are adequate.

I hope this simple song can bring some small comfort.

[video=youtube;bgkxSSQbGsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkxSSQbGsI[/video]

We will all meet again.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
This is very sad!

Condolences to you and family
And a healing Hug for your grief

Best thaughts for your son's new journey into the unknown world!

:rose:

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
My heartfelt condolences to you and yours for a man I knew when we were both under the influence of Hubbard's psychopathy...If I recall correctly, you were the AGF ASHO and I was the FBO Pubs... and we fought about finance policy... heh.. I wish your loss could have been avoided. As I believe in spirit, I believe your loss only temporary..

I was a NOTS Auditor and C/S at AOLA from 1979 until I left in 1991. My wife was Lyn Blair who audited NOTS from 1979 until she left in 1993. I did not know you until I began reading here and other places on the internet.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you everyone for your wonderful responses and yes it really has helped me. I have read comments and stories from all of you over the years and you have all in fact become like a family to me. I hope you will all continue here and on other websites to bring Scientology and David Miscavige to Justice. Thank you all.

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
I am truly sorry for your loss. Hopefully you two will meet up again some day. (at least that is my wish)

120 Degrees

Patron with Honors
I am truly so sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you find some comfort in the fact that you where able to have a relationship with him again before passed away. I pray for you and for a continued relationship with his wife, in-laws and with your grandchildren. To love them and be there for them will remind you of him.

A close family member recently passed away, and while I know it's not the same as losing a child, I can empathize with your pain and grief at this difficult time. I listen to this song frequently because it reminds me of how amazing my family member was and what they meant to me by helping to make me a better person. I hope you like it.

[video]you raise me up secret garden[/video]
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=sHpwbh9lxxY" target="_blank">[video=youtube;sHpwbh9lxxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHpwbh9lxxY[/video]

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you everyone for your wonderful responses and yes it really has helped me. I have read comments and stories from all of you over the years and you have all in fact become like a family to me. I hope you will all continue here and on other websites to bring Scientology and David Miscavige to Justice. Thank you all.

I'm so glad to see this. I don't know you, but I've been haunted by your post the past days... when my mom passed away, her mother pretty much went off the deep end. I don't know how I would handle it if one of my children passed. But, you have reached out, so I think (hope) you will continue on, and not let this loss destroy you. Nobody could blame you if it did destroy you, but it sounds like you have some fight within you. You are amazing in that you are still looking to fight the cult. I'm in awe, and all my best wishes are with you. I can't begin to imagine your pain... and that you have posted here in the midst of that just amazes me.

JustSheila

Crusader
Dear Dean,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and your son being taken from this world far too early after suffering from such a terrible disease. My love, thoughts and prayers are with you.

As I know you are Christian, I offer this prayer for you, your family and for him:

O God, You gave the Blairs a son, Brad, and in Your wisdom and love have called him home to You before his parents. Please listen to ours and their humble prayer: please pardon Brad Blair his sins and faults, and grant that they all may one day be reunited safely in Your Presence.

Amen.

PrayingHands.jpg

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
My son Brad Blair passed away Friday evening at 11:30 PM. He was 38 years old and died after a 4 year battle with cancer. I feel so sad right now and have been crying off and on after finding out. He visited me and my family in Austin, TX at the end of November 2012 and I went out to see him for a week in July of this year. I was able to meet his wife, kids, in laws, and friends and they were all loving people. I will miss Brad. I will miss talking with him.

Though Brad was raised in Scientology he became aware of the fraud long before I did. He left the cult forever twenty years ago and began a new life in Alabama with his wife Deb. I left Scientology myself forever in 2009.

I will truly miss that boy. View attachment 6155View attachment 6154View attachment 6153

So sorry indeed to hear of your loss, Dean. Condolences to all of you in the family.

I don't know what to say other than to offer my condolences.

I don't know if I can say anything that can ease the pain or provide comfort at this difficult time.

But I do offer my prayers.

The Anabaptist Jacques