What's new

"New" geological data on OT III

uniquemand

Unbeliever
uniquemand,

I wrote the "youngest". Perhaps the meaning depends on point of view.

Anyway,

I consider myself a scientologist but I still think the truth is always senior or equal to scientology, that's why I like to consider every point of view possible.

I have not done the OT-levels myself, but there's one occasion I remember very clearly: When I visited a bunch of people auditing on OT VII and we were watching TV. After about half an hour the "theta space" in the room was inredible clear. Basically I had no thoughts hanging around in my head or thinking about this or that. It was just an incredible clear experience. That made a very profound impact on me and I've never experienced anything like that before or after either. From that point on I'm at least convinced that there's something called "spiritual".

Also, many gains have been reported from the levels (although I agree that Hubbard has exaggerated the wins).

Therefore this fascinates me because there are contradictions.

So:

1. The iridium correlate roughly with geological facts.
2. The shocked quartz points toward one impact, i.e. it does NOT correlate with H-bombs all over the world.
3. The fossils do NOT correlate as of this writing.

Trying to explain "away" the above could be that if just a few humanoid fossils are found from beneath the K/T-layer the next 0-50 years it could be enough of evidence for a civilization, due to acid rain dissolving bones. Hubbard claimed the confederation lasted for 20 million years and then was wiped out. Then humans came back here about 35 000 - 100 000 years ago, according to Hubbard.

And perhaps other samples of shocked quartz, higher concentrations, would be found at other places. Not very likely though since 350 K/T locations have been dug out all around the world. Or that an asteroid actually hit at Chicxulub, but that H-bombs didn't create so much shocked quartz, or that one gigantic H-bomb was dropped at Chicxulub etc.

But at this time I have to agree, the supporting evidence for OT III from a pure geological POV is not even near enough.

I can however guarantee that it can be sorted out since so many different materials and chemicals are spread out everywhere at the K/T: shocked quartz, spherules, tektites, stishovites, iridium, soot, bucky balls, clay etc that it can and will in the future be sorted out when enough is dug out.

An interesting Crime Scene Investigation from a geological point of view. there's an incredible amount of science paper on the net that examines all of this in great detail: Angles, velocities, shocked grains in different directions, azimuths etc.

These "stories", IMO, that are contained in Hubbard's recordings, are the contents of Hubbard's and others' case. They shouldn't be picked up by other people and audited. They are, by definition, delusions that came off the case.

The purpose of auditing, if you were going to package it in a way that was designed to help people, instead of dominate them, would be to confront these delusions and pick them apart, until they cease controlling your thoughts and emotions. However, you don't pick up SOMEONE ELSE'S delusions, you look at your own.

The truth doesn't lie in the case of any individual. After stripping away delusion, senses and filters are more capable of rendering the actual world "out there", but at no point does a person reach absolute truth, nor can their case history or memory be considered truth.

The goal is improvement in affect, self-determinism, willingness and ability to posit new goals for self and then move towards them effectively.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dart,

What do you mean by "we were turning on all sorts of abilities?" Could you give some examples?

What level did you reach? What is your opinon of the auditing as of today?

You state the following: "...led by men carrying poles on which figures of cherubs were mounted."

Alan states the follwing: "plus as the clock struck the hour – a cherub would come out and blow its horn – it would then go in and something else would come out."

Two different versions of the cherub-sight. Perhaps there WERE two different versions of it as well?

No comment.

images

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Yep. The contents of other person's memories are not mine. Some people imagine clockworks. Others imagine alien abduction. Others were tortured and abducted by elves. Still others believe in gods, spirits or other disembodied supernatural phenomena.

I don't even take my own memories seriously, nevermind other people's, or their dimly reconstructed delusions about the origin of a universe they weren't alive to see.

Veda

Sponsor
Some links re. some antecedents of Scientology:

The 'Equinox', early 1900s -

"The method of Science. The aim of religion": http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/images/eqcover.gif

Some early processes, circa 1911: http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=215566&postcount=164

http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no10/eqi10004.html

'On the union of psychotherapy and spiritual exploration', 1937: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=18114

'The Sole Source Myth' thread (somewhat derailed after page 6): http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=510

Yep, Hubbard probably gathered lots of ideas and got lot of help from his auditors. However, I believe he was special in that he had an ability to write and put all of this together in a way nobody else could've done.

Also, I'm not so interested in WHO did what, but more of what's true and what works.

Regarding case I agree everybody are different. However, there might be shared incidents on the track that might affect at least most of us and those incidents could be mentioned to help auditing.

Gib

Crusader
Yep, Hubbard probably gathered lots of ideas and got lot of help from his auditors. However, I believe he was special in that he had an ability to write and put all of this together in a way nobody else could've done.

Also, I'm not so interested in WHO did what, but more of what's true and what works.

Regarding case I agree everybody are different. However, there might be shared incidents on the track that might affect at least most of us and those incidents could be mentioned to help auditing.
LOL,

you wouldn't even know you had a "case" unless Hubbard said you had a "case". How is it that you believed you had a "case"?

There is no whole track case.

Why on earth do you believe what Hubbard said, open your eyes and see for yourself. Are there any clears or OT's?