What's new

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 1): Going Preclear

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, no parking lots underground at Big Blue. :no: There never was and there never will be.

The underground tunnels are too narrow and the structure itself too old and tall to support further excavation. BB can explain, but the complex is not built to be earthquake-proof, as it is primarily concrete, and some areas, like Leb Hall, have structural damage. Excavating tunnels would never get building approval, there is a genuine risk of walls collapsing from the vibrations. I worked on-site for two years for the company that built the first 8 miles of subway track in LA, so I know a bit about this. There are also absolutely no entrances for a vehicle, the entrances are/were just stairwells or regular elevators. Even the few original freight elevators were never big enough for more than one or two golf cart type of vehicles.

The tunnels are about the width of 2-1/2 golf carts at best, but many are only wide enough for 2-3 people. There aren't any sub-tunnels beneath the tunnels, either. Not exactly. There is a short section beneath the main building that connects Leb Hall tunnels to main blg tunnels where it is kind of on two levels, though, and something similar where it connects to the old Pubs org on Sunset.

The only area wide enough for a car is the short tunnel between AOLA and ASHO that goes under the street. That tunnel is/was wide enough for two cars, but it was shut down and sectioned off and apart from ASHO some time in the early 80s for Code reasons. It had water and plumbing leaks then and some of the concrete was damaged. I suppose it's possible individuals might still use it, depending on how permanently they closed it, but there's nowhere for a car to go even if you could get one down there, as the tunnels become narrow again pretty quickly.

The Parking Structure is a separate, unconnected structure, its basement floor not fully underground and that's as far down as it goes, to the best of my memory, but I've only been in the lower level of it a couple of times. BB can confirm.

ADDED: Speaking of tunnels, there was chat a few years ago about a possible tunnel beneath the Hollywood Inn blg (the test center on Hollywood Blvd) and whatever Hubbard blgs are now across the street. The history of that section of Hollywood Blvd is that AFTER the company I worked for built our section of track in the late 80s, the contract was not renewed and LA Metra took over the building of track to save money. They decided to re-use the original tunnels under Hollywood Blvd. Our engineers disagreed. LA Metra went ahead and re-used the tunnels there anyway and built 2-3 miles of track directly under Hollywood Blvd. One night the tunnel collapsed, creating a huge buckle on the street. Nobody was in it at the time, so no one was hurt. Trying to cut costs and save millions cost LA billions. It was about a year before the street was repaired and the tunnel was shut down.

I doubt there is any way to enter that tunnel anymore - it is far too dangerous and would have been walled off by concrete and maybe even filled in completely, so that rumor was just hearsay.

History is documented here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/jun/18/news/mn-42276

The Church purchased the Complex for 5 million in 1976 and according to this article in LA Curbed they are suggesting it could be resold for $100 million! (Insert hysterical cackle here). Was this stat provided to them by the Church?

http://la.curbed.com/2011/7/21/10454892/how-scientology-helped-gentrify-hollywood

500,000 square feet: Size of the Church's West Coast headquarters, nicknamed the Complex, located near Sunset Blvd. and Vermont Ave. The campus used to be the Cedars of Lebanon Hospital.
3: Acres the headquarters sits on.
1: Number of ceremonial offices in the Complex kept "cordoned off and spotless" for Hubbard.
16 feet: Height of the "Church of Scientology" sign on its blue building on Fountain.
$500,000: Approximate cost of the sign.
2,000: Number of seats in an auditorium the Church plans to add to the Complex.
$100 million: Speculative price were the Church to put the Complex up for sale.

_____
Cedars must of have been astounded that they could find a buyer for this. The Complex is only as valuable as the land plus it's “bones” minus the cost of demolition. In other words, how sensible is the design, how valuable is the construction and engineering, how valuable is the infrastructure to a new buyer?

• A buyer would need to have practical use of the original hospital configuration.
• When this was built it was out in the country and maybe the original space utilization made sense then but now it should probably be higher with a much larger separate parking structure.
• Remodeling is a relative term. Some people think new paint and carpet is a remodel and others think it means all new plumbing, wiring, boilers, energy efficient windows and upgraded insulation, etc. What the Church has done could be meaningless if not a burden to a new owner.
• The 1971 Sylmar Earthquake was 6.5-6.7 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_San_Fernando_earthquake
• The 1994 Northridge Earthquake was 6.7. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Northridge_earthquake
• Cedars was constructed massively but earthquake technology had advanced significantly between the time it was built and 1976. A lot of concrete does not an earthquake proof building make. We want to see detailed imaging and surveys of structural cracks. I don’t remember seeing RPFers doing earthquake retrofitting or epoxy injection, do you?

This is all standard due-diligence stuff that may only be of interest to a business that has to respect real world profit and loss statements and liability concerns.
_____
Your recollections of the tunnels and parking structure is much like mine except I think the AO tunnel was only about 8’ or 9’ wide. I tried in vain to get an ashtray to stand up in there once and I was wondering if this had still been left open as a possible escape route in a re-occurring dream.

I enjoyed your snippet on the LA Metro history.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
No, no parking lots underground at Big Blue. :no: There never was and there never will be.

The underground tunnels are too narrow and the structure itself too old and tall to support further excavation. BB can explain, but the complex is not built to be earthquake-proof, as it is primarily concrete, and some areas, like Leb Hall, have structural damage. Excavating tunnels would never get building approval, there is a genuine risk of walls collapsing from the vibrations. I worked on-site for two years for the company that built the first 8 miles of subway track in LA, so I know a bit about this. There are also absolutely no entrances for a vehicle, the entrances are/were just stairwells or regular elevators. Even the few original freight elevators were never big enough for more than one or two golf cart type of vehicles.

The tunnels are about the width of 2-1/2 golf carts at best, but many are only wide enough for 2-3 people. There aren't any sub-tunnels beneath the tunnels, either. Not exactly. There is a short section beneath the main building that connects Leb Hall tunnels to main blg tunnels where it is kind of on two levels, though, and something similar where it connects to the old Pubs org on Sunset.

The only area wide enough for a car is the short tunnel between AOLA and ASHO that goes under the street. That tunnel is/was wide enough for two cars, but it was shut down and sectioned off and apart from ASHO some time in the early 80s for Code reasons. It had water and plumbing leaks then and some of the concrete was damaged. I suppose it's possible individuals might still use it, depending on how permanently they closed it, but there's nowhere for a car to go even if you could get one down there, as the tunnels become narrow again pretty quickly.

The Parking Structure is a separate, unconnected structure, its basement floor not fully underground and that's as far down as it goes, to the best of my memory, but I've only been in the lower level of it a couple of times. BB can confirm.

ADDED: Speaking of tunnels, there was chat a few years ago about a possible tunnel beneath the Hollywood Inn blg (the test center on Hollywood Blvd) and whatever Hubbard blgs are now across the street. The history of that section of Hollywood Blvd is that AFTER the company I worked for built our section of track in the late 80s, the contract was not renewed and LA Metra took over the building of track to save money. They decided to re-use the original tunnels under Hollywood Blvd. Our engineers disagreed. LA Metra went ahead and re-used the tunnels there anyway and built 2-3 miles of track directly under Hollywood Blvd. One night the tunnel collapsed, creating a huge buckle on the street. Nobody was in it at the time, so no one was hurt. Trying to cut costs and save millions cost LA billions. It was about a year before the street was repaired and the tunnel was shut down.

I doubt there is any way to enter that tunnel anymore - it is far too dangerous and would have been walled off by concrete and maybe even filled in completely, so that rumor was just hearsay.

History is documented here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/jun/18/news/mn-42276

yes I know there is no underground parking lot. I wouldn't get all into what Ross said, I was just reporting IIRC what he said. Or just listen to the interview.

He also said he thought maybe it was rented out since the same people were there day in day out.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
He also said he thought maybe it was rented out since the same people were there day in day out.

Maybe the vehicles were just dumped. Did they change positions or were they in the same spots? Staff members have been known to not be able to afford essential repairs etc. :)

Paul

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. .
This is one of the most hilarious comedy readings of Scientology history that I've ever
heard in nearly ten years of lurking around. It's all about the fall of Hubbard in his final
years in hiding and the rise of Davey to unassailable power.

It's worth your time to give it a listen to see if you like it. I laughed all the way through.

They captured the insanity of the late seventies and early eighties so well. Pat and
Annie, Davey, gang-bang sec checks, Davey tackling a female executive, Mary Sue flinging
a glass ash tray at Davey's head . . . it's all there!

This is absolutely one of the funniest podcasts I've ever heard. An hour of pure fun.

The Scientology story begins in earnest at the 13-minute mark. Move bar to that point.
Time digits faintly visible left of progress bar.

101-logo-400.png

Atheism 101

Episode 129: Scientology Part 4: Power Assumed

Matt and Tim dive into the rabbit hole of Scientology
for a fourth time and discuss the rise of Davey.

http://atheism101podcast.com/episode-129-scientology-pt4-power-assumed/

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. .
This is one of the most hilarious comedy readings of Scientology history that I've ever
heard in nearly ten years of lurking around. It's all about the fall of Hubbard in his final

It's worth your time to give it a listen to see if you like it. I laughed all the way through.

They captured the insanity of the late seventies and early eighties so well. Pat and
Annie, Davey, gang-bang sec checks, Davey tackling a female executive, Mary Sue flinging

This is absolutely one of the funniest podcasts I've ever heard. An hour of pure fun.

The Scientology story begins in earnest at the 13-minute mark. Move bar to that point.

View attachment 12257

Atheism 101

Whoa! Just listened to the whole thing while i was peacefully working at my desk.

WOW, that was wicked-entertaining!

And to think, we were in that bad acid trip, thinking all along it was "groovy", lol.

Yo, feelin' stupid, y'all!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 4): Dianetics and Volcanoes

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 4): Dianetics and Volcanoes.

Audio at link.

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 4): Dianetics and Volcanoes

http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2016/3/22/u7fr2gft4ptzedu5b06tjvygvpb1ja

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

The "fun" continues as Ross and Carrie get certified in Dianetics. The pair spend 22 hours at the Church over a single weekend, learning how experiences are encoded in our cells, what an "engram" is, and how to audit your friends for neither fun, nor profit. Plus, find out the secret menu item for Scientologist vegetarians. It's a super-sized MaxFunDrive episode!

Be sure to check out our photos, by liking us on Facebook.

You can support this and all our investigations by going to maximumfun.org/donate, donating, choosing us as a show you love!

Plus, you can add our RSS feed!

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think Ross and Carrie are doing a good thing by experiencing in the nutty cult first hand but they need to shorten their episodes. 2 hours and 18 minutes is way too long. I'm not going to sit and listen to their joking about dianetics for two hours. They needs to summarize their experiences rather than give a blow-by-blow description of the entire experience.

CommunicatorIC

I think Ross and Carrie are doing a good thing by experiencing in the nutty cult first hand but they need to shorten their episodes. 2 hours and 18 minutes is way too long. I'm not going to sit and listen to their joking about dianetics for two hours. They needs to summarize their experiences rather than give a blow-by-blow description of the entire experience.
I suspect it wasn't recorded for you because you already know everything. (That is not an attack. Just a statement of fact concerning your knowledge of the subject versus the intended audience.) It was recorded for raw public who know nothing, or very, very little, about Scientology and Dianetics. For such persons, "a blow-by-blow description of the entire experience" may be interesting and important. For such persons, a summary may not be sufficient -- details, actual facts, "blow-by-blow description" may be necessary to adequately convey the truth. I'm reminded of the admonition to both novelists and journalists -- show, don't tell.

Last edited:

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think this episode is the best one yet. The first 3 were OK but not very funny.

They did the Diantetics Course.

This one is funnier and did hold my attention. Its long but as long as you are in the car or multi tasking it is OK.

And I think it will do a good job of keeping people away if they listen to this first and are on the fence.

If they are all ready into psychic healing and hypnotism it probably wont keep them away.

She is way more skeptical and funnier than he is. But they are both know-it-alls about everything.

They act as if they go into these things with an open mind but really there is nothing of the sort. They go in fully skeptical and if a miracle happens then they might acknowledge it.

But 98% was really perfect. When they talk about how over enthusiastic the course supervisor was and all the people, and how they exaggerate every slight win, calling them miracles, I did LOL.

She actually did laugh in his face.

They went into how LRH invents facts and they called the supervisors on this.

They also talked about how they would pretend to get better just so the session would end.

In his Dianetics session he did something having to do with his shoulder that he injured playing baseball. He said that it might actually feel "a little" better.

Over all pretty funny and definitely a blow to the enemy.

At the end of the podcast Carry said that her boyfriend asked her to audit him, so she did and he hated it just like she did.

But then another friend of hers asked him to audit him and this guy loved it.

Go figure?

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
When Ross did his Personal Efficiency course they gave him a certificate with his name misspelled. Then they misspelled Carrie's name on the Dianetics Course certificate. What a bunch of idiots they are. And this is LA, one of the top orgs on the planet!

Anonycat

Crusader
. .

View attachment 12257

Atheism 101

This is still my favorite. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?40044-HG-Wells-interviews-L-Ron-Hubbard

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
The org had to know that they are reporters because they certainly got special treatment.

But they tell you that in an upcoming episode they get thrown out.

CommunicatorIC

The Church of Scientology caught Ross!

The Church of Scientology caught Ross!

From failboat on WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/po...carrie-audit-scientology.131135/#post-2577727

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Lololol

OSA is sleeping at the switch.

If you've listened to the latest podcast, or if you've been following ONRAC on facebook, then you know Ross attended the LRH Birthday Event at the Dolby Ballroom in Hollywood on March 19. That was 5 days ago, and more than 6 weeks after the first ONRAC Scientology podcast went online in early February.

Nevertheless, he received multiple e-mail invites to the event, and filled out his RSVP with all of his true information.

You can see Ross's brief comments on the incident on their facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/ONRAC/
(scroll down to March 19 and March 20.)

Some screen captures -

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rest assured, a detailed account will come in a future podcast.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Attachments

• RossAndCarrie-001.jpg
    RossAndCarrie-001.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 291
  • RossAndCarrie-002.jpg
    RossAndCarrie-002.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 294
  • RossAndCarrie-003.jpg
    RossAndCarrie-003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 293

CommunicatorIC

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition.

Audio at link.

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition

Hoooo boy, more Scientology? Yes. Yes, it is. As our series rounds the midway point, join Ross and Carrie on a visit to the L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition. Let your eyes widen as you hear the various questionable biographical details of the founder's life, from being the youngest-ever Eagle Scout to performing microbiological studies... by himself. Plus, Carrie tests the e-meter, Ross recounts a previous visit where he was ejected from the building, and we review the official Scientology literature on the controversial practice of "disconnecting" from loved ones who question the Church.

You can support this and all our investigations by going to maximumfun.org/donate, donating, choosing us as a show you love!

pkatz

Patron with Honors
Re: Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibiti

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition.

Audio at link.

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition

Hoooo boy, more Scientology? Yes. Yes, it is. As our series rounds the midway point, join Ross and Carrie on a visit to the L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition. Let your eyes widen as you hear the various questionable biographical details of the founder's life, from being the youngest-ever Eagle Scout to performing microbiological studies... by himself. Plus, Carrie tests the e-meter, Ross recounts a previous visit where he was ejected from the building, and we review the official Scientology literature on the controversial practice of "disconnecting" from loved ones who question the Church.

I don't see the link for the audio, above. At the Oh No website when I click on Listen for part 5 nothing happens. Any suggestions?

CommunicatorIC

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibit

I don't see the link for the audio, above. At the Oh No website when I click on Listen for part 5 nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Sorry, somehow I didn't copy and paste the link. Here it is:

http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ros...entology-part-5-l-ron-hubbard-life-exhibition

CommunicatorIC

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 6): The Celebrity Center

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 6): The Celebrity Center.

http://ohnopodcast.com/investigatio...audit-scientology-part-6-the-celebrity-center

Audio at link.

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 6): The Celebrity Center

We can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning than to enjoy a nice brunch at the Scientology Celebrity Center. We can think of few worse ways than to attend a breaking-into-the-industry seminar that starts 40 minutes late and goes for two hours. Find out how Tom Hanks made it big, and learn how to maximize your confront!

CommunicatorIC

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 7): The Way to Happiness

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 7): The Way to Happiness.

Maximum Fun: Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 7): The Way to Happiness

http://maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-and-carrie/ross-and-carrie-audit-scientology-part-7-way-happiness

Audio at link.

Show: Oh No, Ross and Carrie!

We've finally got what you've been looking for: the meaning of life. Yes, you've been thinking to yourself, "How can I be ultimately happy?" Well, the answer is in a 70-page booklet called "The Way to Happiness," that is IN NO WAY affiliated with the Church of Scientology, other than being written by its founder, L. Ron Hubbard. And the organization which distributes said booklet is IN NO WAY Scientologist, other than being run by members of the Church. Hear about Ross and Carrie's visit to the headquarters of The Way to Happiness, and learn why racism isn't a problem, and oxygenated water cures cancer. We hope you're never sad again!

Donate to support this investigation at http://maximumfun.org/donate

Be sure to check out our photos, by liking us on facebook!

You can subscribe on iTunes!

You can add our RSS feed!

Download This Show (MP3)

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 8): The Purification Rundown Rundown

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 8): The Purification Rundown Rundown.

Podcast audio at link:

http://ohnopodcast.com/investigatio...ology-part-8-the-purification-rundown-rundown

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 8): The Purification Rundown Rundown

Ross prepares for Scientology's hardcore detoxification program, in which he will sweat out his toxins in a sauna, chug niacin, and drink gross water until he's free of the harmful effects of... peas? Meanwhile, Carrie digs into the dirt of what actually happens in one's body during the rundown, and gets a formal invitation to Sunday Service. Then, join our duo as they attend the weekly service and read LRH's hilariously redundant words of wisdom. And finally, find out how they're found out. Will Ross and Carrie be kicked out of Scientology? Who knows! (Well, we do.)

Be sure to check out our photos by liking us on Facebook.

You can support this and all our investigations by going to maximumfun.org/donate, donating, and choosing us as a show you love!

Download

http://traffic.libsyn.com/ohnopodca...arrieAuditScientology_Part8.mp3?download=true