What's new

The Next Martin Luther-Marty Rathbun

skydog

Patron Meritorious
In another post, I had mentioned my belief that Rathbun envisions himself as the next Martin Luther.

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=374803#post374803

Now it is official. He has posted it on his blog:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/the-reformation/

The problem is that Martin Luther didn't have a history of beating the crap out of his subordinates and blaming it on the pope. Martin Luther didn't have a history of witness tampering and coercion. I don't think there is any evidence that Martin Luther was a pathological liar or sociopath either.

Amongst the few remaining Hubbard aficionados, Rathbun is a saviour to a few, but a squirrel to the rest. Go eat nuts Marty.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
In another post, I had mentioned my belief that Rathbun envisions himself as the next Martin Luther.

The problem is that Martin Luther didn't have a history of beating the crap out of his subordinates and blaming it on the pope. Martin Luther didn't have a history of witness tampering and coercion. I don't think there is any evidence that Martin Luther was a pathological liar or sociopath either.

Amongst the few remaining Hubbard aficionados, Rathbun is a saviour to a few, but a squirrel to the rest. Go eat nuts Marty.

He's more like Lex Luthor.

byte301

Crusader

skydog,

He must have read your post. Quit giving him ideas! He's delusional enough as it is.

He said it was recommended by LRH, of course. Wonder why he didn't thank you for reminding him about Martin Luther? :eyeroll:

He's really got a high opinion of himself, doesn't he?:D

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
skydog,

He must have read your post. Quit giving him ideas! He's delusional enough as it is.

He said it was recommended by LRH, of course. Wonder why he didn't thank you for reminding him about Martin Luther? :eyeroll:

He's really got a high opinion of himself, doesn't he?:D

It would appear that D.O.G Marty (Delusions Of Grandeur) doesn't know much about history. Martin Luther challenged the teaching of the Church and its practices. Marty just wants to pretend to attack DM. Luther was not attacking a pope - he was disputing and reforming the whole religion.

Martin Luther was a great man. Marty is, well, just Marty.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It would appear that D.O.G Marty (Delusions Of Grandeur) doesn't know much about history. Martin Luther challenged the teaching of the Church and its practices. Marty just wants to pretend to attack DM. Luther was not attacking a pope - he was disputing and reforming the whole religion.

Martin Luther was a great man. Marty is, well, just Marty.
Is it delusions of grandeur or manic defenses? Both maybe.

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
I beg to differ (somewhat)

Or maybe he'd just like to promote that idea for his own purposes.

Amongst the few remaining Hubbard aficionados, Rathbun is a saviour to a few, but a squirrel to the rest.

There are more than a "few remaining" of us practicing Scientology outside the CoS, my friend. Our generally agreed-upon focus is our success in applying the tech, rather than worshipping LRH, which is not to imply that we despise the man as many here do; most of us can recognize he wasn't always a great example of how to live, but we are happy to benefit from what he put together, and greatly appreciate that. (Needless to say, that is not the universal opinion here on ESMB. I am merely correcting your characterization of our viewpoint.)

Those of us who are not buying into "Marty Mania" (see my thread by that name for a laugh or 2:)) do not necessarily think of Marty as a "squirrel" (someone who screws up the tech) (although he was heavily involved in promoting the debacle known as "Golden Age of Tech) as much as we don't choose to ignore Rathbun's own brutal and vicious activities as a CoS exec, which were very much of the same character as those of David Miscaviage, while Rathbun positions himself as spearheading the exposure and prosecution of Miscaviage (pot, kettle, black sort of thing:))

Best, Dex

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Those of us who are not buying into "Marty Mania" (see my thread by that name for a laugh or 2:)) do not necessarily think of Marty as a "squirrel" (someone who screws up the tech) (although he was heavily involved in promoting the debacle known as "Golden Age of Tech) as much as we don't choose to ignore Rathbun's own brutal and vicious activities as a CoS exec, which were very much of the same character as those of David Miscaviage, while Rathbun positions himself as spearheading the exposure and prosecution of Miscaviage (pot, kettle, black sort of thing:))

Best, Dex

In my opinion, Miscavige, Rinder, and Rathbun are a gang of three. They drank from the same cup and peed in the same pot. Miscavige got to be the boss because he possessed the more cunning nature, but I don't think that Rinder and Rathbun are better people. You can't address the actions of one without considering the actions of the others.

If this were three hundred years ago and I'm not saying this doesn't happen now, Miscavige would have simply had Rathbun and Rinder killed. Problem(s) solved. They should both feel lucky some hardcore Miscavige ass-kisser (or a PI looking for a little bonus) hasn't come along, acting independently of course, and offed them. Thinking about it, it is kind of a wonder that hasn't happened already?

And as a disclaimer: I hope if assassin ever does try that they'll miss. I don't wish death on anyone. Life is too short.

AnonKat

Crusader
If this were three hundred years ago and I'm not saying this doesn't happen now, Miscavige would have simply had Rathbun and Rinder killed. Problem(s) solved. They should both feel lucky some hardcore Miscavige ass-kisser (or a PI looking for a little bonus) hasn't come along, acting independently of course, and offed them. Thinking about it, it is kind of a wonder that hasn't happened already?

And as a disclaimer: I hope if assassin ever does try that they'll miss. I don't wish death on anyone. Life is too short.

You are pretty low on the tone scale there, spilling your reactive mind all over the place.

AnonKat

Crusader
He was a rabid antisemite who caused tremendous suffering to thousands of Jews, and his writings proved to be very useful to the Nazis.

Everybody was a anti semite in Martin Luthers age unless you WERE the semite yourself.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
biggest cognition of this lifetime....

He's more like Lex Luthor.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Yeah, been noticing the proliferation of Marty's blogs about MARTIN LUTHER and also MARTIN LUTHER KING. With his own devoutly spiritual work, perhaps a name change is in order?

Marty Luther King

I do, however, have to give Rathbun credit for one major cognition that I had from contemplating the works of Martin Luther. It inspired me to read some of the German priest's writings, where I came upon this quote:

"I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us."​

It solved the single greatest mystery and case hang-up I had during all those decades in Scientology. Even if my life depended on it, I could not figure out why Ron The Musician had released "THANK YOU FOR LISTENING".

Finally! I get it!!! The secret is contained in Luther's last 8 words.......

It was intentionally hideous to drive BT's out!

(WARNING: RonRoll)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C42kJWgyKIw

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Yeah, been noticing the proliferation of Marty's blogs about MARTIN LUTHER and also MARTIN LUTHER KING. With his own devoutly spiritual work, perhaps a name change is in order?

Marty Luther King

I do, however, have to give Rathbun credit for one major cognition that I have from thinking of the works of Martin Luther. It inspired me to read some of the German priest's writings, where I came upon this quote:

"I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us."​

It solved the single greatest mystery and case hang-up I had during all those decades in Scientology. Even if my life depended on it, I could not figure out why Ron The Musician had released "THANK YOU FOR LISTENING".

Finally! I get it!!! The secret is contained in Luther's last 8 words.......

It was intentionally hideous to drive BT's out!

(WARNING: RonRoll)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C42kJWgyKIw

Tell me where I can get a copy of that album, and I'll make sure I never go there.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Tell me where I can get a copy of that album, and I'll make sure I never go there.

No problem. When you have finished your eligibility auditing we will do a full review of your contributions.

Then, perhaps, an invitation will be sent to you to download all of Ron's music at:

http://www.tunesthatcausepneumonia.com